𝐍𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 (𝙆...

By wishImMilkbread

‼️UNDER EDITING‼️ "Will I ever be enough?" Y/n L/n had always been known as the "other L/n" to everyone. She'... More

I-Meet the "family"
II-Say you love me
III-Tired
IV-Stay a little longer
V-Look at me that way
VI-Just one last time
VII-I wish you knew
IX-Emails
X-A place you once called home
XI-A pleasant surprise
XII-To love again
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
Author's Note
XX
EPILOGUE
SOON
KENMA X READER IS OUT
1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY

VIII-Fridays

36.9K 1.5K 3.9K
By wishImMilkbread

Y/n laid on her bed, her hands stretched out to hold the book she was holding.

And that's when she realized.

It was a Friday night, Friday nights usually meant just one thing. 

Kuroo Tetsuro, the last person she would want to see.

She looked at the page number and put her book down, memorizing it so she didn't have to stand up and go to her desk for a bookmark.

She went downstairs for a quick look at the fridge.

'Dinner with Kuroo and the rest of the family.'  -Mom

Said a note attached to their fridge door.

Rest of the family? she thought to herself but didn't make a big deal about it.

Y/n had no sleep whatsoever. She binged "The Big Bang Theory" all night to forget about Kuroo's bullsh*t.

She didn't care that she had to see both their faces and her relatives nosy faces tonight, it's not like she'll be seeing them any longer than three hours.

It was only 7 in the morning so she decided to drink a glass of water and take a nap.

Grabbing the book from her bed and placing it on her bookshelf, she jumped onto her bed and embraced her own warmth.

...

Her favorite song woke her up.

It was currently 2 in the afternoon.

Guests usually arrived at seven thirty.

She decided to take a run outside to feel more refreshed for some air, then coming home at 5 to take a bath and get ready for the house nuisances who happened to be visitors.

Picking out a presentable outfit from her wardrobe, she went down the stairs to see Kuroo with her sister, smiling.

She sat down on the couch, staying quiet while constantly checking her phone or laptop.

"Why are you s-"

Y/n cut them off by putting her headphones on, giving them a sign to back off and that she didn't wanna talk to them.

Kuroo and her sister talked to each other and smiled while Y/n blasted music on her headphones to drown out their annoying noise.

This went on for about 30 mins, before the first bell on the door rang.

Her parents opened the door to welcome their relatives, their extremely loud side of the family.

Y/n couldn't help but groan upon seeing her nosy aunt who could replace their neighbors' dog.

It was for about another 10 mins before the last of their guests arrived.

Y/n smiled to herself as she looked at her laptop screen, contented with the results.

They sat down at the dinner table, her sister smiling like there's no tomorrow.

"I have something to tell you guys." she announced.

The entire tables attention were focused on her, except for Y/n, who was still eating while her utensils made noises.

Her younger cousin tapped her, taking it as a sign for her to stop.

"Oh, uh... sorry." she said, half apologetical. 

She'd be lying if she said her mind wasn't drifting off to a completely different place right now.

The tables attention were now back to S/n, who sat across the table fron Y/n.

"Go on." their dad said, and their nosy auntie nodded.

"Kuroo and I... um... we started dating." S/n announces and Kuroo stands up.

The table stayed quiet.

"Ooh. Shocker." Y/n sarcastically muttered, earning giggles from her other cousins, who didn't exactly like her sister very much.

After all, Y/n wasn't the only one constantly getting compared to the "perfect child" in front of them.

She wasn't alone tonight.

She didn't feel very hurt, breaking up with Kuroo made her feel a bit... better, even.

It felt like she didn't have to constantly worry about Kuroo leaving her.

Because he already did, like he was even there in the first place.

"Congratulations, wouldn't say I'm surprised though." her mother smiled with approval as she took a sip of water.

"How long have you been dating?" her nosy aunt asked, her red lipstick stained her glass as she put it down.

"We've been dating for three months." S/n replied happily while gripping Kuroo's hand.

Kuroo looked at Y/n, who had a bitterly suspicious smile plastered across her face.

Three months? We broke up two weeks ago.

"You've kept this hidden for three months? I'm surprised S/n hasn't called me and blabbed about it. She always tells me first." her older cousin blabbed.

Surprised she hasn't blabbed about it either. Now I feel like Sherlock.

Kuroo smiled and looked at S/n as Y/n watched.

Some of their cousins rolled their eyes at the sight.

Her little cousin made a gag gesture, causing Y/n to giggle.

Dinner went on as their relatives asked S/n more details about her relationship with Kuroo.

Kuroo kept looking at Y/n, who looked very disinterested.

Y/n was going through the stages of grief. She's been on the denial stage for the past two weeks.

She refused to believe that she needed Kuroo, because she didn't. That's what she thought.

"So, Y/n. You just graduated, right?" her slightly less nosy and a little more tolerable aunt asked her.

"Uh, yeah." she answered awkwardly, stuffing her face with another spoon of ice cream.

"Where do you plan on going?" her aunt asked.

"I just got my letters actually." she said, smiling a bit to herself.

"Letters...?" they asked.

"Uhh, the Ivies?" she answered and the whole tables attention shifted to her.

"I'm still deciding on which school I'm going to."

Kuroo looked at her in shock. She never mentioned going abroad. All he knew was that she got into good universities.

"Which school are you considering?" her other cousin who was the same age as her asked, he went to Stanford.

"I'm considering Yale or Princeton." she answered calmly.

She could've picked a university near Tokyo or in Tokyo, but no.

She wanted to get away as far as possible.

She needed to get away as far as possible.

"When are you leaving again?" her father asks.

"Three days." she answers, taking her spoon and gliding it across her ice cream.

But some part of her kept thinking, did Kuroo ever really love her?

Or did he stop the moment he met S/n?

Does it not bother him that he was hurting her by making her watch him move on?

Does he feel any guilt?

She sure hoped he did.

...

Y/n felt her phone vibrate from the other side of the bed.

"New message" it lit up.

Unknown Number
We need to talk.

Y/n
Who is this?

Unknown Number
This is Kuroo.

Y/n
We have nothing to talk about.

She deleted his number from her phone just two days after they broke up.

Everyday seemed to get a bit easier and tolerable.

She had to leave Japan tomorrow, and she was glad.

She needs a new start.

And to do that, she needed to forget.

Forget about what happened in Japan and leave it behind like what it deserved.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 13 19
in which your useless degree finally pays off, landing you a new job (and maybe a new lover). alternatively: kenma really needs a new roommate and (...
252K 5.8K 21
You and Kuroo were once in love... until one day, he forgot all about you. *This is a random fanfic written on a whim. I do not own the characters no...
4.1K 142 10
"You said you'd wait for me.." ⋆*❁*⋆ฺ。*⋆*❁*⋆ฺ。*⋆*❁*⋆ฺ。*⋆*❁*⋆ฺ。*⋆*❁*⋆ฺ。* A promise kuroo had made the day he left for college. But as you meet again...
282 11 6
Our favourite volleyball and basketball players are all grown up and now in college. It is here that they meet Emiko (OC), a small girl who will make...