SUCCUMBING SALVATORE

By aestheticfoods

cara delores, a newly transferred young student, foolishly eager for attention. salvatore romano, an assistan... More

adonis
red lingerie
sanctions
cherry cake
fantasies
friends with benefits
artistic
girlfriend troubles
you look bewitching
gelato
rejecting her sexual fantasies
sinful
lessons in decorum
buxom
natural beauty
that bikini on my bedroom floor
did you fall from heaven
italy
venice girl
sat on a throne of lies
cut the tension with a knife
i don't want to hurt you
mafia don
mean girls
gang
midnight shenanigans
sunrise
beauty
pretty girl like you
a big tough man needs someone to soften his heart
what the hell happened last night
little seductress
migliore amico
moan in ecstasy
nonna's sauce
dinner with his fiancรฉe
friends
navy shirt
give this ring to someone you truly love
even god wants me to remember
angelic lullaby
no one wants us together
antonio
mile high club
you mean so much to me
chocolate croissant
he broke your heart didn't he
chicken soup
vip area
a piece of my heart
prom
epilogue
bonus chapter

i'll still be in your heart

1.7K 41 10
By aestheticfoods

~chapter forty seven~

I finally look across the room in a distorted haze.

I look across the room and I see Salvatore standing in the doorframe watching me.

"Cara my father..." he starts and walks into the room and I notice his red raw eyes and my heart plummets to the floor.

Oh my god

"Is he...?" I hesitate to say the words as I drink in his melancholic state and I blink twice when he kisses my hand and it lingers for a while.

"He's awake" he says and my thoughts get cut short and my mouth bobs open,

"Really? That's good isn't it?" I ask him with a smile

"Yeah it is, I just, he knows you're here" he finishes and tucks a piece of hair behind my ear and I look into his eyes hiding a million secrets.

"Does he know about you and Angeline?"

"Kind of, I guess. I told him a while after he awoke, he's pretty alive and kicking to be honest" he says and I nod.

"Well is he angry?" I say and he nods sucking in a deep breath and then he touches my cheek which brings me back to reality.

"He said now that I've backed down from the marriage contract that I will have no other choice but to become part of his mafia" he sulks

"Oh Salv, but I thought you promised me that you wouldn't let him control your life, I know how much your job means to you" I say

"It means so fucking much to me Cara but I just know he would kill me if I didn't join the mafia, it's been a long time coming" he says

"Can I speak to your father?" I ask him and he chuckles letting go of my hand and shakes his head at my feistiness.

"I mean you can but I'm sure he wouldn't be happy and would probably not hesitate to put a bullet in your skull" he says

"Not funny" I chide rolling my eyes and that makes me a bit scared of this man that is lying in bed wounded below us.

Not the best thing for your boyfriend to say about his father

"So what do we do then? We can't let him tear apart our relationship" I say with a confused look and Salvatore sighs pensively.

"I don't know Mia Cara but I know that promises will get broken and my father isn't exactly a candy shop owner- he's a gangster" he says

"But that doesn't mean he can tear apart everything we have? I've only been your girlfriend for a few days!" I shout slightly

He looks over at me and takes my hands in his as he looks down and a bit of his long black hair tumbles over his eyes.

"Just promise me you will get back on that plane to America" I say and he lifts his head, his red eyes staring back at me.

"I can't give you promises that I won't keep" he whispers and my mouth turns down as I realise that this could be it.

"Salvatore does this mean?" I say and he cuts me off by placing a finger over my mouth and a tear drops from his eyes

"Mi amor, even if we do break up and you have to move back across the world then I'll still be here in your heart" he says kissing my cheek.

"Salvatore I..."

"Don't say it..."

"Just in case" he finishes wiping his lone tear away, and I nod my head shakily not liking the sound of things right now

"But I can't bear to have you out of my life" I whisper and he shakes his head, "like I said, if it ever gets to that I'll always be with you"

"I hope it never does" I say and he nods his head agreeing with what I said and I shuffle closer as we kiss.

The kisses we normally share are full of lust, desire and passion but this kiss is one that is full of love, sadness and nostalgia.

I get out of bed and the Italian heat hits me and I notice how Salvatore is only wearing a thin cotton shirt and shorts.

I realise that I didn't really bring much of a selection of clothing and Salvatore reads my mind and takes my hand.

"Where are you taking me?" I ask him and he makes me wait outside a room and I hear him shuffle about on the other side of the door.

"Here, these were my mums dresses but she wouldn't mind that you are wearing them" he says and I don't take them

"It means a lot to me but I feel disrespectful to wear them, I mean they are beautiful but they're you're mothers and I don't want to piss your father off"

"Stop being frantic, he won't mind, please" he says urging me to take them and I thank him by placing a sweet kiss on his cheek.

I take the pile of thin shimmer dresses into the bedroom and he stays outside as he waist for me to change.

I pick the ditsy blue dress up and I put it on loving how soft the material is and I let my hair down and apply some lipgloss.

"I'm ready" I say twirling around in the beautiful dress and his eyes widen as he takes in my appearance.

"You look, beautiful" he compliments and he kisses my cheek as his eyes still scan over my body in his mother's dress.

Tears shed in his eyes and I chuckle as I wipe them away and he pulls me in for a hug and he kisses the top of my head.

"I..."

He starts and then stops what he is about to say from Antonio waking up to his, his gun situated in his left hand.

"Salvatore sorry to ruin your moment but Matteo is pissed off..." he says and trails off as he looks at me in the dress.

"You look nice, Salv told me you took a nap" he says in a thick accent and I nod, "thanks and I did" I answer to which he nods.

Antonio whispers something and Salvatore responds in Italian and I furrow my eyebrows when Antonio loads his gun.

"Ciao bitches"

He walks off and Salvatore wraps his arm around me and chuckles at my concerned expression and he lets out a deep sigh.

"You sure you want to speak to my father" he says and I nod feeling my palms sweat a bit but I'm not afraid to face him.

"Yeah" I say feebly and he looks at me like he doesn't believe what I'm saying but I roll my eyes and tug his hand.

"Let's go speak to your father" I say and we walk down the stairs to the basement where the hospital is where Matteo Romano is.

"Breathe Mi amor" he chuckles and he grabs my hand and kisses it and I sigh looking into his comforting gaze.

I peak my head through the window and I get a glimpse of Salvatore's father but I don't understand why I'm so scared.

Yes.

He's a mafia leader that could potentially kill me in a heartbeat but right now the man is injured, unarmed and very vulnerable.

"I'm sure he won't bite your head off" he says seriously and he kisses my lips and I have to pretend that I didn't see his father last night.

I open the door to his room with slightly shaky hands and I look down to see Matteo lying upwards, heavily breathing.

His shoulder is all patched up and I don't get to see his abdominal area where the other bullet bit him but his dark eyes expose the pain.

"Hello" he says sitting up slightly and he coughs making me shudder a bit but I take the nearest seat to his bed.

"Hi I'm Cara, your son told you about me right?" I say slowly and he nods, his eyes flickering to my jittery hands that I keep wringing.

"Yes he did" he says curtly and his strong Italian accent comes out which surprises me due to how mellifluous his English sounds.

"I'm not happy with what Salvatore has done" he says looking me and up and down and he sighs as he rubs his beard with his fingers.

"I understand why you are upset with him Mr Romano but you're alive and he has a life that doesn't involve the mafia" I say

"You can't make that decision, this is the future of gruelling business that women like you can't get involved in with" he shouts

"Why can't I get involved?"

"Why do you care so much about your sons life? Let him live in America and teach, let him be with who he want to be with!" I shout

"Don't you dare speak to me like that!" He says sitting up and he falls into a coughing fit which makes my eyes widen.

Shit

"Doctor!" I shout as Matteo gets worse and he starts to cough up blood which makes me scream and shout for a doctor to come in.

"Leave the room!" Shouts the doctor and he pushes me out of the way as Salvatore rubs downstairs and I fall into his arms.

"He- He- started coughing and there was blood, I didn't think he would get that angry Salvatore I'm sorry" I sob into his chest

He clenches his teeth and looks down at me as his eyes look into the hospital room and his fathers coughs will haunt me forever.

"What did you do to him?" He roars at me and I flinch at how angry he looks, and he lets go of me and pushes open the door leaving me a crying mess.

The last thing I see is Antonio rushing up to me and he sees me crying on the floor and he kisses my cheek and runs past me.

"Sorry but Salvatore needs me" he says and he barges into the hospital room where I can hear Salvatore shouting.

A/N

next chapter is going to be full of surprises

my birthday is next week and ahahhah I'm so excited like i love birthdays and I can't wait to eat loads of cake 😭

we're nearly at the end of this book like wtffff I wrote this in like March/April and it's September !

My insta- emilysophia_xox
My sc- earblaster16
My pinterest- Emily Sophia
My Wattpad- aestheticfoods
         X.          X.       X.          X

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8M 230K 96
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...
3.2M 132K 59
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally โฃ๏ธ Cover credit...
922K 14.4K 38
"๐˜๐จ๐ฎ'๐ซ๐ž ๐๐จ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฌ๐จ ๐ ๐จ๐จ๐, ๐ฌ๐จ ๐Ÿ๐ฎ๐œ๐ค๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ ๐จ๐จ๐." "๐Œ๐ฒ ๐ฉ๐ซ๐ž๐ญ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž ๐ฌ๐ฅ๐ฎ๐ญ." ...
2.6M 146K 43
"Stop trying to act like my fiancรฉe because I don't give a damn about you!" His words echoed through the room breaking my remaining hopes - Alizeh (...