(Norman x Emma) I think I kno...

By kxrxpika

Completed! As long as he has remembered, Norman has never had a stable living situation. He's never had a fam... More

1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39 (BONUS)
40 (BONUS + THANKS)

3

4K 135 361
By kxrxpika

Ever since arriving, Norman has felt excited to go to school. Thats all he's felt about it lately. He was only excited thinking of it.

But now he is standing in front of school. And now a new emotion has arisen: nervousness.

Rosalia had dropped him off in front and wished him luck. She told him to contact her if he needed anything. He didn't know what to expect. He isn't exactly antisocial, but he also isn't the most outgoing person either. How will the people be? Will things be hard? Will he meet anyone cool?

Will he get the hang of this whole "high school" thing?

After checking the time, he figured that the only way to find out was to try it. He takes a deep breath, puts his phone in his pocket, and walks in.

He first heads to the office to get his schedule just like planned. In order to ensure success, his schedule would be necessary. He had to wait a second for the secretary to grab it, so he sat down for a second. He sat in the same spot he sat in the previous day while waiting for the testing. The longer he sat, the more nervous he felt. For about four minutes he sat, basically marinating in his anxiety. There were more people passing by than the previous day, probably because school has yet to start.

After a bit, the secretary brings him the schedule, and gives him directions to the first class. Norman thanks her and goes on his way.

The campus isn't big, but compared to someone who really has never been to a campus, its pretty size-able. The bell rung two minutes prior, so there isn't too many people out. He gets to walk all by himself, going someplace he never has before. Thats fun.

He gets to the building, and scouts around it to find the specific room. He finds it, and stands there for a few seconds. He takes a deep breath, and opens the door.

"I was wondering where you were." The teacher says. He's tall, and seems to be in his late 20s. He seems cool at first impression.

"Sorry, I had to wait to get my schedule." Norman says as he enters the room. He takes a look around, and sees the others.

"Of course, no worries. I'm Mr. Cruz. Nothings started yet. Now lets figure out where we'll put you." The teacher scans the room.

"Hey Cruz, theres a spot back here!" A boy in the back says. Mr Cruz nods, "Okay, you can go to the back besides Don. Don, keep your hand up so he sees you."

Norman walks over, all eyes are on him. He gets to the back and takes a seat.

Don offers his hand, and Norman takes it.

"Hello, I'm Don, who are you?"

"My names Norman." He says. Theres a group of people at the table, and Norman knows none of them.

He does however, recognize two of them from the previous day.

"Hey look Emma, its the guy that saw you fall."

"Shut up Ray!"

"Aren't you gonna introduce yourself? Oh wait, you already made quite an impression, never mind."

"Ray!"

Norman couldn't help but chuckle at the pair. He found them amusing.

"You're so mean, Ray" Another girl says before laughing.

"Guys hes new! He probably thinks we're weird"

"Don you are probably the weirdest one here, stop talking."

"Ray i swear-"

"Lovely entrance, isn't that right?" Mr Cruz says as he walks by, "Come on guys, how hard is it to just introduce yourselves?"

They laugh.

"Sorry about these ones, they can be a bit much." The other girl smiles, "I'm Gilda. Its nice to meet you."

"Okay I guess I'll introduce myself. I'm Ray." The boy with black hair says. He nudges the girl with orange hair.

"Huh? Oh, I'm Emma!"

"Hey so is it true you've like, never gone to school?"

"Oh my god Ray! Thats not something you ask right after meeting him!"

"No no its fine" Norman laughs. "Yeah I was basically homeschooled my entire life."

"How did you end up in this class if you've never been to one? This is like, advanced stuff." Don said.

"Apparently he's some kind of genius." Ray said, "Me and Emma overheard Ms Ro telling Mr Cruz about it in the office yesterday. Ms Ro thought he'd be stupid or something and was surprised."

Norman was somewhat embarrassed at being the focus of conversation. He wasn't sure how to react to it.

"I promise we aren't always so weird. Neither are we always so nosy." Don said, shooting a look at Ray.

Ray shrugged, "What? Emma was there too. She's just as guilty."

"But who's idea was it to listen in?" Emma asked, poking him.

"Fair enough"

"You know guys, one day, i'll be able to teach my class.." They hear a voice from the front of the room.

This is pretty entertaining so far. Norman likes these people so far, they seem cool.

Class goes by, the occasional discussion entails. Soon enough, the group begins to think highly of Norman.

In particular, he gets closer to Ray and Emma. He feels something different from them that he's never felt from anyone else. But especially Emma, although he hasn't gotten to talk to her much out of the group.

The bell rings, and everyone gets ready to go.

"Yo Norman, you wanna hang out with us?" Ray asks.

"Thats assuming we haven't weirded you out yet, of course" Emma says, as she smiles at him.

Norman doesn't really have to consider it, he already knows his answer.

"Sure, you guys are cool."

"Yay!" Emma exclaims, grabbing Norman's hand, "Come follow! We have a spot."

Norman is slightly taken aback by the sudden contact, but its definitely welcomed. He nods and follows.

Norman didn't expect to have this much success on the first day. He's barely been on campus for two hours, and already he feels like he's found amazing people.

The rest of the day was somewhat uneventful, but it was fun. By the end of the day, he was better acquainted with everyone. At the end of the day, they meet up at a spot in front, and they showed this practice to Norman, whom complied.

"Soooo how was first day?" Emma nudged Norman, who piped up at the question.

"It was..oddly okay. I didn't expect it to be." Norman responded, "I gotta admit, I was pretty nervous."

"I'm glad it was good!" Emma said. She turned back to Ray, "Are we still going to your house?"

"I mean, sure yeah. Mama wouldn't mind."

"Yay!" Emma exclaimed, and she turned back to Norman, "You should come with!"

"Emma, he just met us. Do you really think he'd be down to go to a strangers house?"

"We aren't strangers! He knows us!"

Norman finds the thought of inviting a literal stranger into your home a little strange, but if they are okay with it, then why not.

"I'd be okay with it. Sounds fun" Norman smiles at them.

Emma really seemed to be the most bubbly person he had ever met, because she got excited and said "yay!" For about the sixth time that day. Norman thought that it was cute.

"Well, alright then. I'll let mama know."

And with that, they begin the trek to Ray's house. Norman informs Rosalia via text that he will not be home for dinner.

They walk back, and they talk amongst themselves, the conversation just seems to flow between the three. Halfway through the walk, Emma grabs Norman's hand again, and again, he did not expect the sudden touch.

But just like the first time it happened, he didn't mind, not at all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

961K 16.5K 42
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
239K 10.1K 60
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค *โ‹†โ ๐ข'๐ ๐ซ๐š๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐œ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ž ๐ญ๐š๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐š๐ฌ ๐š ๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฉ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž-๐›...
141K 3.3K 32
๐˜ ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ด ๐˜ข ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜บ๐˜ง๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ. ๐˜ˆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ด ๐˜ซ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ด. เน‘โ€งหšโ‚Š๊’ท๏ธถเฌ“๏ธถ๊’ท๊’ฆโŠนเน‘โ€งหšโ‚Š๊’ท๏ธถเฌ“๏ธถ๊’ท๊’ฆโŠนเน‘ A Hananene fanfiction โ™ก #1 in H...
3.2K 91 24
A Cinderella story with a few surprising twists!