A Gamer's Journey

By somepersonwhowrites

After waking up in the middle of the night on his tenth birthday he found himself with box that says "Welcome... More

The Beginning
The Beginning Part 2
I don't like where this is going
I don't like where this is going Part 2
Hooray to being homeless
Hooray to being homeless Part 2
Didn't expect this to happen
The boring training arc
The Boring Training Arc Part 2
I always wanted a slave
I don't want to become a nerd, but I kind of want to
Yay for human trafficking
How many dungeons does this city have?
What a wonderful dungeon
I blame this all on Anenoid
What could possibly go wrong
What happened last night?
Why is this room on hard mode?
This isn't even fair anymore
Why do I hear boss music
This didn't go as planned
Never expected a deer
Homeless people are scary
I hate my siblings
Stupid ape
Introductions
Crickets have weird legs
Where's the armor?
A shower seems nice
Chemistry is fun
Go away Alice
Slime is fun
Happy Birthday!
Second try!
Memories
Greed
This is too much for me
Fast Travel time
Not born equal
The tutorial finally ends
GTA but in real life
Deception
Segway go Brrrrrrr
Planning for stuff
Winter break!!!!
Plumbing and economics is also fun
It's Christmas!!
Driving is easy
IS THIS LOUD ENOUGH FOR YOU
Coffee sounds nice right now
Further into Greed
(1)Wild, Wild West: Bugs are cool
(2)Wild, Wild west: A streak of badluck
(3) Wild, Wild West The only danger was myself
(4)Wild, Wild West: Ivan needs a nerf
Short chapter for yall
Not a short chapter for ya'll
Hygiene is very important
Back to the normal plot
Final Destination was a good movie
Another training arc!
Just a few different things in one
A business man doing business
Do your actions really matter?
Just a bit of exploring
Smol Chapter
Misleading Heist
Haha funny number
Paranoia and isolation
Old Friends
The Gateway
The debt collector
Uh, Ivan????
Progression?
Scheming
HAHAHA!! MONKE!!!!
ahhh titles
Am Back
1-1
(0*0)
Back at square one
Mommy issues
Did a smart
Haven't been here in a while
Do a flip
Pre-boss fight
A Dying Flame
New Generation
names are hard part 2?
Farm
Horrors that are comprehensible
The barn find :)
ahhh
Start of a struggle
Sleep
Why these weights so heavy :(
Superior Genetics

I like where this is going

109 8 0
By somepersonwhowrites

A/N Sorry for the short chapter this week!

Chapter 41

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

12:00 

(Ivan's POV)

I sit down at my usual lunch people and open the plastic bag. Inside the bag was a tiny plastic container with spaghetti in it along with a bottle of water next to the container. How did a fox even learn how to make spaghetti? I open the container, there was a plastic fork resting on the spaghetti. I grab the fork and stick it in the spaghetti. The girl from yesterday sat down next to me. Why wasn't she sitting in her usual seat? I silently chew my food as the girl next to me stared suspiciously in my direction.

"Do you even know my name?" The girl suddenly asked. I swallow my food before swallowing.

"Isn't it something like... Swiss or something?"

"It's Weiss." She said sternly before starting to eat her food. I wonder if she knows my name?

"Do you know my name?"

"Ivan." She simply said. I nod and go back to eating my food. Before I knew it, I ran out of spaghetti. I disappointingly drink my water as I secretly take out a the Second Percy Jackson book from out of my Inventory. I quickly read several pages of the book. As I read how Percy was slowly gaining respect from the people around him, I had my version of the demigod camp in my mind. I put the book down and stare blankly into space.

How Am I supposed to gain the respect of the camp? I'am not good at fighting like Wayne or Michael. My dad isn't important enough to be respect by people. I'm not an important person in camp. I sigh as I lean my head on the table. I notice a kid using his phone in the corner of the room. My eyes brightened as I thought of something. 

I have technology! The idea immediately died. I have no idea how to use it though. Qaid suddenly popped into my mind. I bet Qaid does. I wonder if he knows how? I pick up my head and wait until it was ready to go to class. I look in Weiss's direction.

Isn't she popular? 

"Weiss?" She ignored her food and looked in my direction.

"Mmm?"

"How do you get the respect of people?" She stared blankly at me as she thought. She thought about the question for a bit so long.

"You know what never mind."

Wait, I think the way to get popular is just listening to people, you know not being a dick." I nod.

"Thanks."

3:45 pm

I walk up to the Fūjin cabin and walk through the door.  I look around for Qaid. He was sitting down with a kid with glasses. What was his name again? I met him in the mines but I really don't remember. Jax! That was his name. I slowly walk up to them and look at Qaid. They both look at me with a confused look.

"Qaid?"

"Yeah."

"Can I talk to about something? Privately?" He silently nodded and stood up. He followed me out of the cabin and to the side of the cabin. I shift awkwardly as I looked at Qaid. I take a deep breath before mustering up the courage to talk to him.

"I'm trying to fix up the camp... can you help. Maybe just a bit?" A puzzled look appeared on his face.

"Like what?"

"I don't know, like... making things more modern." He got lost deep in thought as he stared at me blankly.

"On two conditions." I silently nod and wait for him to say something. "Get me a shotgun and get medicine for the camp. 

"Why a shotgun?" A huge smile appeared on his face.

"I just always wanted to hold one." I silently nod before he walked off. I immediately pull out the card Dominique gave me yesterday. I mentally groan. I really don't want to go to his gun shop. I sigh as I walk back to the forest.

New quest!

Get the medicine! 

1,000 xp

34 points

$80

New title

Closer to gaining the respect of the camp! (only a tiny, tiny bit)

Qaid and Jax will help you

Not like I have a choice now.

3:52 pm

I walk up to the gun shop and look up at the shop. It was a green, tiny shop. It looked like any other shop you would see. I step inside and look around. I feel my muscles tighten as I saw the walls filled with guns. In the back were boxes of ammo. I nervously look around for Dominique.

He suddenly appeared out of thin air with a huge smile on his face. 

"You came!" He said excitedly as he walked towards me. "So what do you think of my store?"

"You own this place?" He nodded excitedly.

"Yeah."

"It's... nice?"

"I know. It took almost everything I had to buy this place." I silently nod and decide to ask him how much a shotgun would be.

"How much is a shotgun?"

"Hold on." He said as he walked to the wall and picked out a silver shotgun with a long barrel. He walked back over to me and handed it over to me. It felt light in my hands.  "I have a shooting range. You want to try it?"

"How much is it though?"

"As an apology for accidentally getting you drunk, its free." I look at the gun confused. "It's a gun used by the military." I'll keep this one then. I'll just get a cheaper one.

"Yeah I'll try it." He nodded with a smile on his face. The room suddenly shifted into plain, silver room with a rail right in front of me. Near the back was a tiny cardboard cutout of the top half of a person. I awkwardly lift the gun up to my chest to first get comfortable. It took a while to get comfortable. I hold the gun tightly to my chest. It can't be that hard to shoot a shotgun right?

Dominique appears by my side with earmuffs and goggles. I put the gun in my Inventory while he handed me the earmuffs and goggles.

"Do I put these on?"

"Yeah." He pointed his finger at a target. "Try to hit that." I nod. I put on the protective gear and walked over to the rail. I take out my gun and put the stock on my shoulder. I lean forward and aim at the target. My hands shake as I felt the weight of the gun in my hands. I feel Gamer's Mind activate. My hands stay still. I take aim at target and spread my feet apart. Is the safety on? I look at Dominique.

"Is the safety on?" Dominique shook his head. I look back at the target and press the trigger. My arms flew over my head as my finger held the trigger. Shells flew out the barrel. Smoke covered Dominique's body as he jumped back. I put the gun in my Inventory before the gun could shoot anymore shells. My body shook from the recoil. 

"Maybe use that when you're older." Dominique said as the smoke around went faded away.

"I just didn't expect it. Lemme try one more time." Dominique sucked on his teeth before responding.

"Sure." He stepped back with smoke covering his body. I walk up to the rail and spread my legs. I just need to recoil. I put all my focus onto my arms. Before I pulled the trigger I remember about Empowerment. I focus my magic on my arms, they glowed a crimson red as I aimed at the target. I pull the target. My arms slightly went up into the air as the shells hit the target directly in the chest.

Thanks to you doing a specific action, you get a new skill!

Lvl1(2%) Shotgun mastery- You can barely shoot a shotgun. Your arms might shake after you shoot a shotgun but with a bit of magic you should be fine.

Yay. I put down the gun and put it in my Inventory. I turn to look at Dominique.

"Any other cheap shotguns?"

"Yeah, just a few."

6:32 pm

I aim the silver, weirdly shaped rifle at the target. 

"What kind of gun is this?"

"M sixteen." I nod and aim at the target. I focus my magic in my arms and press the trigger. The bullets flew in the air. Some of the bullets flew by the head of the target. Some bullets hit the target directly in the head.

I put the gun in my Inventory as boxes appeared in my Inventory.

Lvl13 Rifle Mastery -> Lvl14 Rifle Mastery

Lvl16 Empowerment -> Lvl17 Empowerment

I smile as I turned to Dominique.

"Alright I'm going home now." The room shifts into a gun shop. I guess that's one thing done to get Qaid on my side, now to get medicine. Maybe Dominique can help?

"Dominique you know where you can medicine."

"What kind of medicine do you want?" I thought about it for a bit. I guess the stronger the better?

"Anything strong."

"Like regular medicine you get in stores or prescription?" I had the feeling that I wouldn't like what he's going to say next.

"Prescription I guess?" 

"Alright, just come tomorrow after school." I nod as he pushed out of the door.

"Come tomorrow?"

"Yeah."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 97 22
Waking up to discover he's been summoned to another world, Ivan is thrust into a life beyond his imagination, a land abandoned by the gods is now lef...
246 37 24
Magi moves in America to run away from her past. But someone finds her and she is afraid because she can't control her power. Will she be able to pro...
4 1 14
The earth is on the brink of utter destruction all because of a second war in heaven, and a box hidden away that contains the darkness also the old o...
14.7K 1.1K 60
After being left homeless from a destroyed village, two orphans try to make a new life for themselves in the City but things aren't as easy as it see...