The Godhunter (RWBY x Reader)

By Tech_And_Vex

A Godhunter, Y/N, a special fox faunus, goes to Beacon Academy to become an official Huntress, as well as tra... More

Y/N Bio
Prologue
Volume 1 Chapter 1: Ruby Rose
Volume 1 Chapter 2: The Shining Beacon
Volume 1 Chapter 3: The First Step
Volume 1 Chapter 4: The Emerald Forest
Volume 1 Chapter 5: Players and Pieces
Volume 1 Chapter 7: Jaundice
Volume 1 Chapter 8: Forever Fall
Volume 1 Chapter 9: The Stray
Volume 1 Chapter 10: Black And White
Transition Chapter 1: Blossoming Lily
Volume 2 Chapter 1: Best Day Ever
Volume 2 Chapter 2: Welcome To Beacon
Volume 2 Chapter 3: A Minor Hiccup
Volume 2 Chapter 4: Painting The Town
Volume 2 Chapter 5: Extracurricular
Volume 2 Chapter 6: Burning the Candle

Volume 1 Chapter 6: The Badge And The Burden

1.7K 41 0
By Tech_And_Vex

Y/N - Your name

L/N - Last name

E/C - Eye color

H/C - Hair color

F/C - Fur color

"Talking"

Thoughts

'Writing/reading'

"Whispering"

------------------

It was an early morning as all but one of us woke up. We all got dressed as Ruby picked up a whistle, about to wake Weiss up.

Weiss soon did wake up, stretching her arms out and yawning as Ruby blew the whistle, scaring her.

"Gah!"

"Goooood morning team RWBY!"

"What in the world is wrong with you?"

"I don't see anything wrong with her."

"Now that you're awake, we can officially begin our first order of business."

"Excuse me?"

"Decorating!"

"What?"

"We still have to unpack." The luggage she was holding spilled onto the floor. "And clean."

Ruby blew the whistle again, making Weiss fall to the floor.

"Alright! Weiss, Blake, Yang, Y/N, and their fearless leader Ruby have begun their first mission. Banzai!"

"Banzai!" Three of us exclaimed in unison.

Weiss then sighed as we began to decorate. Yang put up a boy band poster as Weiss herself put up a fancy painting. Blake began to put the books on the bookshelf, before hiding one called "Ninjas of Love", a book about ninja, and a love affair between a couple of girls and a guy, I only read it once, it wasn't too bad. Ruby sliced the curtains in half for Oum knows why. But we then repaired it with some tape. However, the beds were... well... they didn't have much room.

"This... isn't going to work." Leave it up to the rich bitch to state the obvious.

"It is a bit cramped." Thank you Blake, for once again stating the obvious.

"Maybe we should ditch some of our stuff." Maybe you shouldn't have packed so much!

"Or we could ditch the beds. And replace them with bunk beds!" That...! Is actually a good idea. Thank you Ruby.

"Um, that sounds incredibly dangerous."

"And super awesome!"

"It does seem efficient."

"Sounds fine to me."

"Well, we should put it to a vote."

"Ha, I think we just did."

We all quickly redid the beds, hanging Ruby's bed up with ropes and covering it with a sheet.

"Objective complete. Alright, our second order of business is... classes. Now, we have a few classes together today. At 9 we've gotta be-"

"What!? Did you say 9 o'clock!?"

"Umm..."

"It's 8:55 you dunce!"

Weiss ran out, heading to class as we peaked out the door.

"Uhh, t-t-to, to class!"

We all ran as fast as we could to get there in time. Luckily, we did make it in time.

"Monsters! Demons... Prowlers of the night. Yes, the creatures of Grimm have many names.But I merely refer to them as prey."

Ruby and I were relatively bored, sleeping in class as Professor Port only talked about himself currently, his laugh waking us up a bit. 

"Uhh, and you too, upon graduating from this prestigious academy. Now, as I was saying, Vale, as well as the other three kingdoms, are safe havens in an otherwise treacherous world. Our planet is absolutely teeming with creatures that would love nothing more than to tear you to pieces. And that's where we come in. Huntsman! Huntresses..." He clicked his tongue towards Yang, making her feel grossed out. "Individuals who have sworn to protect those who cannot protect themselves. From what, you ask? Why... The very world!"

"Eyyy-yeah!" A random student cheered.

"That is what you are training to become. But first, a story. A tale of a young, handsome man. Me. When I was a boy..."

I soon tuned him out, watching what Ruby was drawing.

"Despite smelling of cabbages, my grandfather was a wise man. "Peter", he told me..."

Both Ruby and I giggled at her drawing, letting out a little raspberry, making Yang giggle as well. However, Professor Port cleared his throat loud enough to catch our attention.

"In the end, the Beowolf was no match for my sheer tenacity. And I returned to my village with the beast in captivity and my head held high. Celebrated as a hero. The moral of this story? A true huntsman must be honorable." Ruby was playing around, balancing a piece of paper on a pencil while balancing that pencil on her finger. "A true huntsman must be dependable." Ruby and I were taking another small nap. "A true huntsman must be strategic... well-educated and wise." Ruby and I were playing with my fluffy tails as they swished around. "So, who among you believes themselves to be the embodiment of these traits?"

"I do sir!"

"Well then, let's find out. Step forward, and face your opponent."

A Grimm was in the cage, rattling it. Weiss got up and got in her combat outfit, and readied her rapier. She pointed it at the cage, waiting for the beast to attack her.

"Gooo Weiss!"

"Fight well!"

"Good luck!"

"Yeah, represent teeeam RWBY!"

"Ruby, I'm trying to focus."

"Oh, sorry."

"Alright. Let the match... begin!" Professor Port sliced off the lock with his axe-gun.

The Boarbatusk rushed Weiss, but she managed to scratch it while dodging out of the way.

"Haha, wasn't expecting that, were you?"

"Hang in there, Weiss!"

Weiss then rushed the Grimm, but it maneuvered itself in such a way to block her attack and trap her sword.

"Bold, new approach. I like it!"

"Come on Weiss, show it who's boss!"

Weiss got distracted, letting the boarbatusk disarm her, throwing her sword across the room and knocking her down.

"Oho, now what will you do without your weapon?"

It charged her again, but she rolled before it hit her, having the beast hit the wall, allowing Weiss to go grab her weapon again.

"Weiss, go for its belly! There's no armor underneath-"

"Stop telling me what to do!"

Ruby looked down, saddened, so I grabbed her hand and gave it a slight squeeze.

The boarbatusk, however, jumped up and turned itself into a wheel, rolling straight towards Weiss, in which she used a glyph to block it, and then another glyph to get a good angle and stab it in the belly, killing it.

"Bravo! Braa-vo! It appears we are indeed in the presence of a true huntress in training. I'm afraid that's all the time we have for today. Be sure to cover the assigned readings and... stay vigilant. Class dismissed."

We all looked at Weiss as she grumpily left the class. Ruby and I left, but I stopped somewhere else real quick, picking up some litter and helping someone get something in their locker. I went back to Ruby, who now looked glum.

"Hmm. Now that didn't seem to go very well." I said, studying the situation.

"Is she right? Did Ozpin make a mistake?"

"Perhaps, little Rose, but that remains to be seen."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, it's only been one day. Ruby, Ozpin's made more mistakes than any man, woman, and child on this planet, trust me, I'd know. But at this moment, I think he wouldn't consider your appointment as leader to be one of them. Do you?" I hate siding with the old creep, but he's smart. He makes his decisions extremely carefully.

"Not exactly..."

"Being a team leader isn't just a title you carry into battle, but a badge you wear constantly. If you are not always performing at your absolute best, then what reason do you give others to follow you? You've been burdened with a daunting responsibility, Ruby. I advise you take some time to think about how you will uphold it."

She looked outside at Weiss, then back at me and gave me a tight hug, which I returned, as it felt as though she needed a hug.

"Thank you, Y/N."

"You're welcome. I need to go see Ozpin now, I'll see you back at the dorms."

"Alrighty, I'll be waiting for you."

I giggle and place my lips on her cheek, leaving her bright red as I walk off to see Ozpin, who just so happens to be hiding around the corner.

"I couldn't have said that better myself. Come, walk with me." I nodded my head and followed him. "You did well to explain to her why she's leader. You gave her enough motivation to keep her head up high."

"You heard all of it?"

"Indeed." He said, taking a sip from his mug. "The mistakes I have made are only far worse than the students I have chosen for their teams. The way I place them. It's not to hone their abilities, but to let them learn new ones. Ms. Rose doesn't seem to be much of a team leader, wanting to do things herself. But now, as a leader, she has not just the responsibility of herself, but the rest of her team. When she becomes a leader, she'll inspire those around her, leading a fight they believe they can and will win. She's the one who might be able to stop madness on Remnant."

"Salem?"

"Exactly. Now, head along now, Ruby must be waiting for you."

"Not just yet. I have a couple of questions I need to ask you as well."

"Oh? And what would that be?"

"For starters, when will I be getting my bed? The room was barely big enough for four beds."

"An unexpected circumstance, but you've been in a bed, yes?"

"I've been sharing with Ruby, but I can't stay in her bed forever."

"Understandable. Next?"

Oh, you totally avoided my question. Fine then, onto the actual thing I wanted to talk about.

"Well, unless you can raise the dead, then I want your head mounted a fucking wall. But, Obviously, I can't do that. So, I'll use my words. You got my brother killed. I know what you'll say, but it was still your order, that he came back home and died shortly after. He told us everything. His semblance is the only thing that kept him alive for so long. Tell me... Why did you send off my big brother to his death, when you know full well that we, Godhunters, can't do a single thing to Salem!?"

"There is nothing I can say."

"Because you can't or because you don't want to?"

"No matter what I say, you wouldn't calm down."

"Then just tell it to me straight... Please... I don't want to know that he died for nothing."

"..."

"I see... I'm leaving."

I walked off to the dorm room, eventually making it there and opening the door, hit with the sudden feeling of needing to sleep. Yang and Blake were in their beds, either doing homework or playing video games. Ruby was studying as I de-robed myself and put on my pyjamas, crawling into Ruby's bed. My tails wrapping around us as I rested my head on her shoulder.

"A-Ah... W-What's W-W-Wrong?"

"I-It's nothing. I just... need to hold onto something warm right now..."

Ruby's POV

I could feel that Y/N was in a state of despair. She may be a bit... too much, but she never cuddled- I mean, got too close normally. Sure, we share a bed, but that's only because there's only four beds.

"What happened to you, Y/N?"

"You two are just too cute."

"Y-Yang! It's not like that! W-We don't even like each other that way."

"Right~ Maybe she doesn't."

I sighed as I moved Y/N around a bit, getting her under the covers and studying a bit longer. After a little bit of time, my eyes were getting heavier and heavier, sleep soon consuming me.

After some time, I felt something shake me awake, and as I fluttered my eyes open, I could see that it was Weiss.

"Weiss! I-I was studying and then I fell asleep, I'm sorry."

She then covered my mouth, motioning me to stay quiet, pointing to the other three in the room, all sleeping. Yang spread out on her bed, Blake in a little ball under her blankets and Y/N softly holding onto me.

"How do you take your coffee?"

"Uh, I-I don't."

"Answer the question."

"Uhh! Cream and five sugars!"

Weiss sighed before speaking. "Don't move."

She quickly grabbed my cup and ducked down. In just a few seconds, she rose back up and handed me my coffee.

"Here."

"Um, thanks Weiss." I said as I took my coffee.

"Ruby, I think you have what it takes to be a good leader. Just know, that I am going to be the best teammate you'll ever have. Good luck studying."

She ducked back down and quickly rose back up, pointing at one of my answers.

"That's wrong, by the way." She then dunked down yet again. "Hey Ruby?"

"Uh-huh?"

"I always wanted bunk beds as a kid."

She then shut the door as I giggled a bit before finishing my studies. I put everything away and got back into bed, feeling my heart beat even more. With Y/N like this... my head gets all fuzzy..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.9K 994 19
Due to a tragic incident that took place in Haven Academy, (Y/N) (L/N) was forced to move to Vale. After being recognized for his potential, he was a...
19.6K 553 61
Yin Xiao Long, twin of Yang Xiao Long and older brother of Ruby Rose enters Beacon Academy a school that prepares the next generation of Huntsman and...
14.1K 246 12
Having just arrived to beacon and reunited with an old friend, You set out on you're journey to become a hunter. Though the journey will be hard and...
44.2K 348 49
You are a wolf faunus named Y/N. You are great with computers and technology in general. Then one night, you come across a dust shop that was about t...