The Mysterious Boy || BTS (Ji...

By EcstaticAce

Jungkook is part of a futuristic world, where VR (Virtual Reality) games are normal and played often. Lately... More

The Mysterious Boy
The Lake
New Player: Yoongi
Returning Player: Namjoon
Game Announcement
Regret
Misunderstanding
Fight
Healing
Trip: Day 1
Reunion
Memory
Gone
Broken
Shall We?
Remember
Free
Forever Mine

Pounce

94 9 20
By EcstaticAce

A/N

Hey everyone! I'm SO SORRY I've been gone for so long. School has started up, so updates may not be as frequent, but they will occur! Here's a present to say I'm sorry! Hope you enjoy the chapter!

-----------------------------------------

The sun bled into the cabin through the windows, Jungkook now squinting as he tried to avoid waking up as much as possible. After a couple grunts and rubbing his eyes, he began to feel something across his back. After opening his eyes fully, he realized how close his face was to Taehyung's, his friend's arm draped along his back.

Jungkook became increasingly confused, trying to prevent himself from waking the other while he figured out how he ended up in this position. All he remembered was eating dinner and becoming extremely sleepy, moving groggily to go to bed.

Did I ... did I go to Tae's bed last night? I must have been really tired. But ... why didn't he just sleep on my bed?

Jungkook slowly moved Taehyung's arm away from his body, slowly moving himself off the bed in hopes of not waking his friend up. After successfully seeing Taehyung still asleep, Jungkook stretched as he moved to grab some things out of his bag to do his morning routine. Once in the bathroom, Jungkook gripped the sink, looking into the mirror only to see how lost he felt.

Why would Tae do that? Why did I go to his bed in the first place? And Jimin ... I couldn't stop dreaming about him. Wait! Did I slip Jimin's name out in my sleep!?

Jungkook knows that he has a habit to talk in his sleep. Taehyung was actually the person who told him, getting Jungkook to sleep talk at one of their previous sleepovers when they were younger. It became something the two would laugh at, especially the time Jungkook had mentioned being a pink bunny in his dream that had a job as a professional boxer. Taehyung still won't let him live that one down.

Jungkook smiled as he left the bathroom, now seeing Taehyung moving around as he tried to hold onto sleep. Jungkook walked over to his bed, a smirk filling his face as he grabbed his pillow and threw it at Taehyung, causing the man to fall off the bed with a tiny scream.

"Jungkook, what the hell! I was sleeping."

"Well, get up. We need to head back home today, remember?"

Taehyung laughed before standing up, his hair an absolute mess as he ran his hands through it. "Yeah, yeah, yeah."

As Taehyung moved to the bathroom for his morning routine, the smile that was on Jungkook's face quickly turned to one of worry. He knew he needed to talk to Taehyung about what happened last night, at the very least to be sure he didn't spill Jimin's name by accident. But he also needed to know why Taehyung was cuddled up to him rather than sleeping separately.

He couldn't ... like me ... could he? No. No! We're just friends. I don't like him like that. I love Jimin.

Jungkook quickly halted at his thoughts, his brain procuring an image of Jimin in his head. Even though he hasn't seen Jimin in a relatively small amount of time, Jungkook felt as if it had been weeks. Just thinking about the boy made him want to run home and find him.

When Taehyung exited the bathroom, he could see Jungkook mentally fighting with himself. He quickly became worried himself, not sure what Jungkook was thinking about.

Did he have a bad dream? Or ... is he thinking about last night. I shouldn't have slept in the same bed. I should have just slept in his bed, and we could have avoided this awkward feeling entirely. Ugh, why do you always mess everything up? He must ... he must not like you. Stop it! You don't know that yet. Just ... just ask him.

Taehyung set his stuff down on his bed, using slow movements to try and not disturb Jungkook from his thoughts. Taehyung was only about three feet away, and it was as if Jungkook hadn't even noticed he was there. He waved his hand in front of his face slowly, not wanting to startle the man in front of him.

"Jungkook? You okay?"

Jungkook jerked his head up, almost as if he was startled from his thoughts. He shook his head slightly before smiling, although Taehyung could tell it was forced.

"Y-yeah! I'm fine. Just wondering how I ended up in your bed last night."

Jungkook said the last sentence light-heartedly and chuckled, trying to make it seem like a joke. However, Jungkook could see Taehyung tense up slightly. Before Jungkook could say anything, Taehyung looked up and smiled.

"You just looked like you needed a cuddle." Taehyung laughed, causing Jungkook to smile. "Now, come on! We need to pack up and head out. You have work tomorrow, and I don't want to be the reason you're too tired to function."

The awkward air that had filled the cabin moments before quickly dissipated. They both moved to pack their things up as well as the equipment they had brought with them. Once packed up, they visited the lake one more time, Jungkook not sure when he would be able to return to this place.

"Thanks for coming with me, Jungkook. It means a lot."

Jungkook looked to his left to see Taehyung's profile. Taehyung continued to look out towards the lake, taking in the slight breeze as he slowly turned back towards the path that would lead them to his car.

"Ready to go?"

Jungkook smiled, taking in the scenery one last time before turning towards Taehyung.

"Yeah."

---------------------------------------------

Taehyung slowly parked next to the sidewalk in front of Jungkook's apartment. He turned down the music that had been blasting the whole way home, an audible sigh heard in the quiet space. Jungkook look over to Taehyung, a smile creeping on his face.

"Aww, is somebody going to miss me?" It was said somewhat sarcastically, but Jungkook could tell something was wrong, his smile slowly fading. "Tae, what's wrong?"

"Huh?" Taehyung shook his head as he tried to get back to reality. "Oh, everything's fine. Promise."

"You know I have a knack for knowing when you're lying. Spill it. What's been going on with you lately?

"What do you mean?"

"It's almost as if you're at war with your own head, like you're fighting yourself. You know you can talk to me, right?"

Jungkook had moved his right hand to gently lay on Taehyung's arm. However, Taehyung pulled it away slowly, as if he was still trying to decide what his next move should be. Before Jungkook could speak up again, Taehyung took his hands off the steering wheel and turned towards Jungkook.

"I ... I can't talk to you about this."

"Why not? We talk to each other about everything."

Jungkook kept his eyes on his friend, scanning him up and down as if doing so would give him some clues into what his friend was thinking. Taehyung could feel the burning on eyes on him, the already hot day becoming even warmer as his skin began to heat up.

"Well, I ..."

Taehyung's voice was soft to start, as if he was talking to himself rather than the man in front of him. Jungkook moved his head closer, trying to hear what Taehyung was saying. Taehyung had finally lifted his head, both of them now staring into each other's eyes.

"Tae, what's wr—"

Taehyung had crashed his lips into Jungkook's, the movement fast and harsh. Jungkook was pushed back a little, caught off guard by his friend's actions. The more Jungkook tried to pull back, the further Taehyung inched towards him. With eyes wide, Jungkook quickly moved his head to the side, his lips ripping away from Taehyung's. Taehyung could see how startled his friend looked but didn't know what to say. He wasn't even sure what he just did.

Jungkook had quickly opened the car door, thankful that it was already unlocked. After grabbing his bag that was at his feet, he jolted out of the car. Once he was out, he stopped abruptly, looking back at his friend who sat in the car in a daze. Jungkook could tell that Taehyung was regretting what he just did, but he was currently focused on slowing his breathing.

"Tae, I ... I don't ..." Jungkook subconsciously knew he should be gentle, but the shock of being almost pounced on had sent his brain into a spiral. "I don't like you like that."

Before Jungkook could say anything else, Taehyung quickly moved towards Jungkook's side, slamming the passenger door closed. Jungkook quickly approached the car to try and reason with his friend, but Taehyung had drove off in a hurry. It was as if Jungkook could feel the rift in their friendship starting, and he wasn't sure how to fix it.

Jungkook stayed in place on the sidewalk for at least five minutes, contemplating the situation: what he could have done differently, what he could have said, how he could have been calmer. Needless to say, he was in shock.

How did I never know about Tae's feelings for me? I mean, he made it pretty clear just now. So ... last night ... that's why he didn't sleep in my bed. But ... he never mentioned anything. How could I be so oblivious! We're best friends! Or ... are we still best friends? I ... I just need to clear my head.

Jungkook slowly turned to walk back into his apartment, the door creaking closed behind him. The apartment was only lit up by the remaining sunlight outside. He dropped his bag by the door, not having the energy to unpack any of his things. While walking towards his bedroom, his eyes glanced at his gaming console, Mikrokosmos sitting next to it as if mocking him.

Why did I have to fall for you? Maybe ... Maybe Hoseok or Jin can help me. They've always been great at giving advice. But ... what if I see him? Well ... we'll just have to take that risk.

Jungkook was now determined, the events that occurred only moments ago taking a backseat as he put the headset on. His anxiety was beginning to spiral, not sure what to do about the situation at hand. He knew he needed help.

Please ... please don't let me see him.

-------------------------------------

A/N

So ... Tae finally confessed ... but can his friendship with Jungkook remain? Will he find out about Jimin? Even though this chapter was on the shorter side, I hope you all enjoyed it! Feel free to let me know what you're thinking! Your comments always give me so much motivation to write.

Once again, thank you for all of your support! Quick question:1) For the next chapter, what pair would you like to see? Jungkook/Hoseok/JinJungkook/JiminYoongi/HoseokNamjoon/Jin

I'll see what people think and see where my story telling takes me haha. Thanks again! Love you all =^_^=

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.5K 4.4K 50
"Trust me. You're getting out of here." ---------------------------------------------- It's 3029 and the world has changed a lot. Humans have a lifes...
1.1M 34.6K 114
where kim taehyung and jeon jeongguk have never heard of each other, but fate (aka hoseok) has other plans for them TAEKOOK INSTAGRAM AU - Short chap...
601K 40.3K 125
This is a texting fanfic! You will be reading messages from Yoongi and Hoseok and other members. Give my stories a chance! Welcome...
101K 2.7K 35
Jimin is a popular girl who has a friend called Taehyung who is a geek and who loves to dress in Gucci. Everyone wanted to be friends with them but...