Born together, die apart (you...

By Hikari_Takeru

Not only do Kid Flash, Aqualad, and Robin find Superboy in CADMUS but a certain set of twins. Read to find ou... More

Introduction
Independence Day
Welcome to Happy Harbor
Drop-Zone
Schooled
Infiltrator
Denial Part 1
Denial Part 2
Downtime
Bereft
Targets
Homefront
Alpha-Male
Revelation Part 1
Revelation Part 2
Humanity Part 1
Humanity Part 2
Humanity Part 3
Failsafe
Disordered
Secret
Misplaced
Cold Hearted
Images Part 1
Images Part 2
Agendas
Insecurity
Usual Suspects
Auld Acquaintances

Performance

1.4K 40 10
By Hikari_Takeru

Bruges; December 22, 20:08 CET

"Ladies and gentlemen," the crowd gasped as smoke bombs went off, people appearing in the spots they exploded in. "Welcome to the Hale International Traveling Circus! Where the world of the century is your oyster." Hale turned around to face the other side of the crowd. "And these are our latest pearls," the light made its way to Robin. "The Daring Dangers! Dan Danger!" He waved before jumping onto the flying trapeze. "Dawn Danger!" Megan flipped through the air before grabbing onto the trapeze. "Dian Danger!" Artemis put three arrows on her white bow. "Dane Danger!" Roy did the same on the other side. "Dean Danger!" Superboy tossed a barrel to Wanda who stood next to him. "And Dani Danger!" She tossed them back in a juggling manner so he could toss them into the air for Dan and Dawn to go through. The crowd cheered in excitement. "You have never seen a trapeze act like this folks and all preformed without a net!" As the two trapeze artists missed each other's hands the crowd gasp.

M-Robin!

R-Don't blow our cover!

W-But saving your life's okay.

Wanda tossed up a barrel as Robin turned, using it to push him up to Megan who nearly missed his hand again but used her telekinesis to lift him up higher so she could grab him.

R-What did i just say?

M-The crowd couldn't see me use telekinesis from below. Besides i've been using it all night. I'm not exactly the acrobat like you.

R-Well, neither am i right now. I think i caught that 24 hour bug that's been going around the circus. But the show must go on.

As the the link went quiet, Wanda began to zone out.

~~~~~~

"Hey!" Wanda threw a rock at the noise coming from her left. "Leave her alone! Why don't you pick on somebody your own size!" She fell as someone pushed her to the ground from behind.

"And that's supposed to be you?" Another kid kicked her leg. "'Oh look at me, i'm blind and helpless but let me go and pretend to be the hero.'" She stood, going in for a punch but ended up on the ground. The brunette tried again and this time ended up hitting someone. "You're gonna regret that, you little freak." Someone, a girl, grabbed her arms to hold her still. It wasn't long before she felt pain on her right cheek. Wanda could feel as he came close so she spat. "Gross!" More pain was felt in her abdomen. Eventually she was dropped to the ground, curling into a ball. "That'll teach you to mess with us."

~~~~~~

The others gathered around, waving at the audience. "Give it up one more time for the Daring Dangers!" Hale pointed at them with his cane. Wanda could feel the nausea radiating off of Robin. It was weird how it suddenly came on, before they went on he was fine.

W-Didn't think you'd make it through.

R-Neither did i. Help me backstage.

Dani put her hand on his back as the six of them made their way backstage. As they walked through the curtain she got that same feeling from before coming off of Ray, the circus assistant. She watched as he pat the next performers back and not long after she felt the nausea come off of him. Ray turned back to find her looking at him and in response he waved before walking away. Hale walked in to be met by these two twin performers. Roy nudged Robin making him turn around.
"Was your spot before we went to Paris," the circus director stated. Wanda turned looking into their minds to see if they're the ones stealing the tech but they came out clean.

"Carlos was sick! He's better now." Something that drew her attention was that in Carlos's memories he was touched by Roy before feeling sick.

"Plus those Dangers are a sham," Carlos said looking back at them. "They say their brothers and sisters but they don't even look alike.

Hale pushed past the two. "Eh, you just don't like the competition." He continued to walk until he was stopped by a man with white hair in a suit. "Not you again. We're in the middle of a show!"

"Then we'll talk after but we will talk," the man stated. "Another city last week, another tech firm robbed, another stop on your tour. If i prove you're responsible i will shut you down." He poked at his chest. Hale glared at him before speaking.

"I have three minutes to gather props and get back to the center ring." With that he walked away.

The man turned, walking towards them pulling out a badge. "Ferne Interpol. New act?"

"Yeah, just joined the tour," Robin responded.

"Probably clears you." He put his badge away. "But don't get too comfortable. Hale's going down for this." Robin narrowed his eyes at him as he walked away from them, most likely going to another part of the circus.

............................................................................

SB-If Interpol's already on this then why are we bothering?

R-Because Batman said so. Why? You got something better to do?

Each of them stood on a different roof top around the building being targeted. Robin was with Miss Martian, Artemis with Red Arrow, and Wanda with Superboy. Her and the Boy Wonder closed their private link for the mission, Robin wanting it to have his full attention. Even though he said Batman was the one who sent them, she knew the truth. That this whole thing was personal but didn't want the others to know. That's why he didn't tell or bring Wally, knowing he was the only other person who knew about his past life.

A-How do we know the thieves will hit here?

RA-There are more targets.

R-And i have them covered. I've analyzed the tech he's stolen and the patterns suggest this is the place.

M-How're you feeling?

R-Lousy actually, but I'll manage.

W-Contact, northeast quadrant.

They watched as the figure flipped over the fence, landing perfectly on the other side. He or she then began sprinting to the building.

SB-Now we know why Carlos missed the performance.

W-That's not Carlos. Nor is it his brother.

R-Let's move in.

Wanda jumped from the roof, her hex catching her and setting her down gently. She ran to the others, hunching down to get a look around the corner.

R-Anyone see where he went?

The brunette tried to search for his mind but came out empty as her mind became fuzzy. Superboy landed in front of them, using his x-ray vision to look. His eyes went through every part of the building only stopping once he's spotted him. "The warehouse." They went in through the top, standing on one of the wooden beams.

Robin laughed as he put his hands on his hips. "Caught you red handed. Red faced too i'll bet." Roy and Artemis aimed their arrows at him.

"Acrobatics won't get you out of this," the blonde stated.

Their guy pulled out a fire cracker, igniting it before blowing it at them. "Look out!" Superboy pulled her out of the way as the fire spread. He crossed his hands over his face as the fire hit him. Roy pulled and arrow but stopped when he read what one of the crates said.

"Those crates are full of live ammo! Move!"

Just as the building exploded, Wanda threw a force field around them, trying to keep it up as debris fell onto of it. She let it down once the impact subsided. SB grunted. "That guy is dead meat!" He was about to run off when Robin stopped him.

"Superboy, no!" Conner turned back. "You need to get her out."

"He's getting away!"

"And that matters more than Miss M? The fires killing her!"

The Kryptonian was quick to snap to his senses. "Right. Right." The Boy Wonder put her down as SB came to pick her up, jumping out of the fire with her. Robin walked forward.

"Artemis, Wanda, Arrow, find the thief..." he fell to his knees before he could finish, the smoke getting to him. The two archers rushed to him, putting his arms around their shoulders.

"Because he matters more than you?" Artemis asked in a mocking tone.

"You're still off your game, pal. We're getting you out too," Roy said, walking towards the fire. cross

"Etaerc a raelc htap rof su ssorc," Wanda enchanted, raising her hand as the path cleared.

...........................................................................

"Another weapons plant is hit and once again the circus is in town," Fern staid as he looked directly at Hale. "I don't believe in coincidences-"

"I don't care what you believe. My people are not responsible. I did a bed check last night, every single member of my troop was asleep in their bunks."

A-Well, we sure weren't and if he's lying about us...

W-It's not him. He lied so he'd get him off his back not because he's guilty.

They walked away from the tents to the tour train, getting inside to trade notes. Roy pulled open to their cart for them to get inside before coming in himself standing at the back with his arms crossed. Robin took out his hologlove to look at the footage while Artemis sat next to him with Wanda and Megan right across.

A-So there are two thieves. The fire breather and one of the acrobats.

M-Dressed in identical clothes.

R-Maybe not just two, here's the Madrid security footage. And now Paris.

RA-So the strong man and the clown too. It's the entire circus-

W-I'm not so sure. I've checked everyone and they all are innocent. No one left, no one did anything but they all got sick around the same time as the robberies. The thief last night, i couldn't read him, his mind was fuzzy.

RA-Then the acts check out but what about Hale?

R-It's not him, okay?

M-It would explain why he lied.

Robin suddenly stood. "I said to keep an open mind!" He walked out of the room without another word.

W-I can read Hale's mind. Try to find-

RA-I don't think we can trust you to do that without tipping him off.

A-Or maybe you don't trust her period.

SB-I heard you talking with Robin back at the cave. I know you're only here to spy on the four of us.

RA-There's a mole on this team and there's reason to suspect all four of you. Both Artemis and Miss Martian have all been caught in lies. And you along with Wanda can be programmed by CADMUS without knowing.

SB-Or maybe i take off your head without trying.

M-Okay, lets all take a timeout before we do something we regret.

SB-Speak for yourself.

The two left the room, leaving the three of them alone. Wanda looked at her lap trying to figure out the mission while Artemis looked back at Roy. "None of us are perfect."

Wanda spoke up after. "But each of us would give our live for this team. So try to keep an opened mind." The blonde and brunette left the room to the front so they could help load the train. They tossed sand bags into the opened compartments, trying to be quick since the train was about to leave. As Wanda leaned down to pick up one of the big chests, Ray put his hand on top of hers.

"Need a hand?" He offered with a smile.

She lifted it up. "No, thanks." Artemis took another sand bag, throwing it into the train.

"Maybe one of the others could use a hand. A lot of them seem to have that flue." Ray shrugged as he looked back at her.

"Yeah it's going around."

Hale walked to the the entrance, pulling himself up. "Everyone! All aboard now!" Wanda put the chest down in the train before putting her hand to her head. Artemis saw this and went to her.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, just dizzy." The meta pushed herself off the train heading to the entrance when the archer rushed to her, taking hold of her arm. "Artemis, i'm fine."

"You're swaying. Trust me, you are not fine." She helped her onto the train, taking her to their room. When they got in, Megan was laying down. Artemis looked at Robin, as she helped Wanda sit on the seats across. "You look better."

"I feel better too. I'm sorry, Dawn. I hope you didn't catch it from me."

Megan sighed. "I feel so silly. Who knew a martian could be invulnerable to a human virus."

That's when something clicked in Wanda's head. A normal bug wouldn't be able to infect so many people at such a high speed. Even if it was a normal bug, Miss Martian and Superboy would be immune because their immune systems are build as well as work differently than a humans. At this moment one thing was clear, whoever was getting them sick was not human. Her head snapped up as they spoke about Ray. "Of course. That's why i was never able to read him. Every time i tried i'd get an instant headache. One things for sure, the guy's not human."

They left the room, Robin running into Mr. Hale. The two talked for a moment before they decided to go check on Ray. "Uh," Roy looked down at the box. "Does this circus have an elephant that i don't know about?"

As Robin went to check the crate, Wanda tried to scan the room to see if Ray was hiding but came out empty. "Guys," she turned to look at Artemis. "I found Ray."

"Search the train!" TheBoy Wonder ordered. Wanda went through train cars looking for Ray when Robin spoke through the coms. "Dane, Dean, Dian, Dani, come in. We're chasing someone who's stolen Dawn's act. Her whole stick, if you catch my drift."

"I got him," Superboy informed. "But he's onto me. Exiting the dining cart now. He's gone topside."

Luckily for her, she was in the cart right next to it. She got to the top to find Robin and SB on both sides of the cart with who she realized to be Parasite. Wanda jumped, landing next to Conner. "Now you're a tuff nut to crack. Had to touch you almost three times just to get your telepathy and telekinesis but let me tell ya, it was worth it. I wonder what i'll get if i touch you another." He put his hand out at her using telekinesis to pull her to him. Parasite grabbed onto her neck, taking hold of whatever powers she had. "Whatever you are, i'm loving the taste."

She groaned as he continued. "kcohs mih h-htiw y-yticirtcele." Her hands crackled red as she placed them on his wrist, letting the electricity flow into him but unfortunately since he was still holding onto her, it flowed into her too. They both yelled as pain went through them. Parasite dropped her, taking a step back.

"Oh, you're smart. But i got what i needed." He looked to Artemis and Roy. "Tes rieht swob emalfa!" The archers bows caught fire, turning into ash. "It's been fun but i gotta go!" He flew off with the cases.

Artemis and Roy helped Wanda sit up. "I'm fine. He didn't take much."

"Which is a good thing but he still took enough to overpower us." Robin groaned as they went back to their cart, changing into their uniforms. "It's not a complete debacle. I picked Parasite's pocket, got this flash drive." He put it into his hologlove. "Looks like Parasite is working for inter-gang. Everything he's stolen, their all pieces of something, they're putting together something that generates," the Boy Wonder paused as it loaded. "Black holes?"

"Oh come on. To build that you'd need a particle excelerator," Roy stated, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Like the large bozon collider in Geneva?"

It took a moment to realize. "The circus's next stop. But now that Parasite can fly he's got a big head start on us." Miss M put her hand down.

"Sorry."

"Not your fault but this thing could wipe out entire cities." Robin stood. "We need to hurry."

"You and i need to hurry." Roy pulled his bow out from his bag. "Without powers the others will hold us back." Artemis showed him her bow with a smirk.

"H-He only took half of my powers, i still have the rest," Wanda said hesitantly. They all looked to Red Arrow with an expression which read, 'no one gets left behind.' He sighed as he crossed his arms.

......................................................................

Geneva; December 24th, 00:37 CET

They came across an officer that was passed out on the ground. Robin kneeled in front of him, checking his steady pulse. "Trail of destruction? He's this way." He ran in with everyone following. They hid behind a few crates, figuring out a plan. "We need to take him down or at least lurer him away so we can safely disengage the-" He was cut off by Superboy yelling as he ran in head on. "No, wait." They watched as Parasite used telekinesis to bring him to him.

"What is wrong-"

"Wait," Megan interrupted, placing a hand on Roy's shoulder to stop him from shooting. She explained her plan as Parasite called for them. "What do you think?"

"Big risk to take on a theory."

Robin lifted his head. "Do it. Go."

Wanda moved to a better position, one where she had a good view of everything going on. Once she saw Artemis and Roy hit Parasite with their foam arrows she took it as her cue but hesitated when she saw him hold up Roy with telekinesis. She stepped back a little scared but swallowed that fear, jumping down a good distance away from Parasite. "Tes a gnir fo erif dnuora mih!" The red fire ignited around him. "Gag mih." Her hex wrapped around his mouth to prevent him from speaking.

Robin shut down the weapon as men in black walked into the scene. "We'll take it from here." They used a fire extinguisher to take out the flames before putting an inhibitor collar on his neck. "Thanks for the top by the way. Definitely helps to prep the inhibitor collar in advance."

"Glad to be of service," Robin stated. He caught Wanda out of the corner of his eye, staring down at her hands. "Hey," she flinched as he touched her shoulder. "You okay?"

"Fine." Before he could ask anything more, she walked away. The Boy Wonder wanted to follow but found himself stuck in place. He never knew why he never pushed with her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.1K 221 14
((Marvel//DC Crossover)) Wanda Maximoff is the Scarlet Witch, a sorceress, an Avenger, and a...mother? Nobody but her brother, Pietro, knew of her t...
1.8K 104 18
Robin, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Speedy (later revealed to be a clone of the original Roy Harper) Zatanna, Miss Martian and Artemis investigate a fire at C...
198K 7.3K 19
After the Death of the Flying Graysons, Richard Grayson is missing. Batman goes to investigate Tony Zucco and meets a young vigilante going by, Robin...
328 1 18
Book two in my Spoiler series Book 1 is called Spoiler Warning!!