I'll always love you (A 'Pear...

بواسطة NewWriterOnTheBlock_

This is about a navy nurse Emiellia (It's Amelia but spelled differently) Rogers, who ends up getting shipped... المزيد

Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
A oneshot
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Hello (not a chapter)
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Not a chapter (again)
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Not a chapter
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Easter Oneshot
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 12

984 12 1
بواسطة NewWriterOnTheBlock_

(Picture above from 'Dreamdressy')

Journal Entry #49
Tuesday September 2, 1941

A week has passed since Rafe has passed and to tell you the truth, it has been the worst week here.

Evelyn doesn't want to get out of the room, but when she does, it's only to use the restroom or get food.

To make matters worse, she's been crying ever since his death.

Every night since then, when she thinks were asleep, she cry's, but Betty and I can hear her quiet sobs.

But, that doesn't put the cheery on top of everything that happened.

Danny has completely ignored me, when he told me that we would see me last week!

I mean tell me that I being too dramatic about this, but he doesn't have the guts to even talk to me!

The nerve on some men!

Sorry, but I needed to write all that down, since I was bottling it up from day 1.

I told Barbra about it and she told me, and I quote,

"If a man does that to you toots, dump his sorry butt, maybe he'll come back apologizing"

I thought it was kinda harsh, but I couldn't lie that I did hurt.

I just hope that everything will clear up a bit.

I know things aren't going to get back to normal within a day, but we all need this break.

Anyways, my shift starts in a bit.

Signed,

Emiellia Rogers.
~~~

Journal entry #50
Monday September 15, 1941

Two weeks just passed and today marks the second week.

Currently, it is 12:45 A.M. and I can't sleep a wink.

Small improvements have been made though.

Evelyn is getting out of the room more frequently and starting to head to work again, and she starting to talk and smile more.

I'm glad to see my friend in recovering from Rafe's death.

But, one thing hasn't changed.

Danny.

He still hasn't talked to me and I'm starting to not only get worried about him, but feel heartbroken.

I tried to talk to Red and Billy, but they said the same.

'He needs more time'

I understand where he is coming from, but I just want him to know that I'll be by his side, all the way.

I'm just worried.

Or is it me being paranoid?

I don't know, but I should at least get some rest after all the paperwork I had to do.

My eyes were starting to heavy after two small stacks and the letters started getting blurry and blend together.

Also, tomorrow, Barbra, Martha and I are going shopping for groceries, since we are starting to run low.

I need to get some sleep now,

Signed,

Emiellia Rogers.

I let out a sigh and placed the thin red ribbon in my book and closed it, placing it back on my top dresser drawer.

I brush off my light blue dress (picture above) with my hands and got off the bed and headed to the living room, where Barbra and Martha were waiting.

"Ready?" I ask them.

"Yeah, just waitin' on you toots." Barbra said.

I nod my head and grabbed my purse from the room and gave them a smile as we walked out the front door to the store.
~

"The weather sure did warm up considering it's only August." Barbra commented.

I almost forgot it was August already.

From arriving here in Hawaii, to staying and getting used to the life style here, was different from living in Pennsylvania and other places.

"I forgot that it was already September." I admit.

"Me too, until I over heard Sandra talking to one of the nurses and how August weather here is always nice." Martha said.

"So you've turn to eavesdropping to get information now? Are you going to use that to find all the hot men?" I tease her and they both giggle.

"Now that you have mentioned it, I'll think I'll do that next time." She teases back and we all fall into a fit of laughter.

We got to the small grocery store and started looking for essentials that we need.

Barbra went off to get more deodorant and shaving cream, while Barbra and I went into the produce section, knowing we needed more ham.
-

After about 20 minutes of getting essentials, I remembered that I needed to get more lipstick.

"Shoot, I forgot to get lipstick, I'll be right back." I say.

"I'll come with, Barbra, stay in the line." Martha told her.

"Can I at least get gum?" She asked lightly stomping her low black pump heels.

Martha rolled her eyes.

"Go for it. Besides, don't you get it all the time?" She asks.

"Yes, this is your payment to me now hurry before the line gets shorter." She tells us and Martha grabs my hands and starts rushing to the isle.
-

"Okay do you think I should change the color? Instead of ruby red, maybe a lighter red?" Martha asked me.

I roll my eyes and grabbed the color and brand of lipstick I usually get.

"You look fine in any color honey, just go with the color you like." I tell her.

She grabs her usual red lipstick and grabs another tube of mascara.

"I'll stick with my original color." She says. "Besides, I look way better with this color."

I giggle and grab a tube of another lipstick for Barbra, since she'll complain about a week ago about her almost running out.

"Oh my gosh, don't make it obvious, but eye candy is in the next isle next to us." She says and I looked to the next one to see Billy, Red, and of course,

Danny.

"Oh crap!" I whisper-yell and adverted my gaze to the floor.

"Martha, start walking, before they notice us." I whisper to her and we start walking away from them.

"Too late, I think they noticed us." She whispered back.

I snap my head up to see Billy hitting Danny's shoulder and whispering in his ear, then pointed to us and Danny and I's eyes met.

I then turn my head away from his and started nudging Martha to keep moving.

Knowing that it's already to late, I hand her Barbra and I's lipstick and whispered to Martha to head to Barbra back in line.

I went into a random isle and I heard shoes stop next to where I was standing.

"Hey." He says.

Not looking at him and noticing that I was standing in the soap isle, I was picking up soap bars and looking at them.

"Hi."

"How have you been?" He asked me.

I look out of the corner of my eyes to see him looking a bit nervous.

"Eh, I've been good. Making sure I get to work on time and helping Evelyn, which she is getting better." I told him and I moved down the isle and looked at more soaps.

Danny was also following behind as I went down the isle.

"That's good." He says.

"How have you been?" I ask him back.

"I've been good and also getting better from that." He admits.

"That's good." I repeat what he said to me.

It goes silent for a second, and just as I was about to walk out of that isle, Danny grabbed my wrist and I looked him in his eyes.

"Listen, Billy and Red told me that you asked for me if I was okay, and I felt horrible that I didn't see you the last three weeks, so I was wondering if I could make it up to you. Maybe head to the Black Cat Diner? You don't have to go, I was just suggesting that." He then starts to ramble off and I couldn't help, but let a smile creep onto my lips.

"Danny, I would love to." I said and I watched as his mouth shut before uttering another mumbled word.

"Really?"

I giggle a bit hat his surprised look.

"Yes!"

He smiles at me and lets go of my wrist.

"I'll uh pick you up at 6:30. How does that sound?" He asked.

"Sounds fine." I respond.

His smile widens and he kisses my cheek quick and starts walking away giving me a wave.

"I'll see you 6:30!"

I giggle at him and gave him a light wave.

"What a goof." I say to myself before walking out of the isle and finding Barbra and Martha, but the date running though my mind as I walked.
~
Hello!
Thanks so much for reading and I hope you liked this chapter, plus I was hoping that it would be a bit longer than the last, but none the less it was and sorry if you don't like them being really long.

Anyways, have a good day where ever you are!
-NewWriterOnTheBlock_
(Word Count: 1486)
I do not own 'Pearl Harbor' or the characters, I only own mine.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

1M 39.9K 26
Rachel had survived the worst kind of heartache and had moved on with her life by following a dream that she had always had, to be a medical relief w...
106K 6K 40
Pearl Blankenship, an autistic investigative journalist, witnesses the end of the world. Before the nuclear fallout can kill her, a mysterious being...
5.9K 209 22
Working for a rich family like the Thompson's, knowing that she was just like them once was hard for Amelia. The fact that she now had nothing left a...
2.1K 77 8
Y/n L/n is different than the typical woman around her. She's closer to airplanes and war then anyone else, and the reason is because her father is A...