Hate that I Love You

By KaylaJenkins2

"We met in Miami, she was working at the mall at the time and I bumped into her at the gas station on the way... More

Prologue
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
A/N
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Not an Update
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
ANNOUCEMENT
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five.I
Thirty Five.II
Epilogue

One

21.5K 554 217
By KaylaJenkins2

Diamonté

"Girl D I'm still stuck on how you lost your phone." My homegirl Jaz says as we walk to our cars from class. I shake my head getting irritated all over again. I'm on my last month of senior year in college, I attend USC.

"I don't even know where I could've left it or anything like I really don't know."I say walking up to my car.

I guess I'll just have to buy a new phone when I get paid Saturday. I've been working at this clothing store in the mall since my sophomore year after my mom passed. Everything got hard keeping up with tuition and everything.

"Oh and before I even forget." She stops before getting in her car.

"We're going out tonight, Chris and Laylon are having a end of the year party. Wear a USC shirt and we're all supposed to meet at the Regina Hall." I nod unlocking my car with my key.

"Be safe girl."I roll my window down and say before speeding out the parking lot.

***

"Excuse me miss, can you help me get this top down from off one of the racks." A customer asks me.

I walk from behind the register and follow her. I'm trying to hurry up and get my last two customers out the store because I got somewhere to be in an hour.

"Size?" I ask grabbing the hanger hooker.

"Large." I get down a large top and hand it to her, setting the hanger hooker back on the rack.

"This baby is growing pretty fast." She says lifting up her shirt to show me her bump.

"Oh my goodness, do you know what you're having?" I ask.

I've always wanted children, just talking about it does something to my ovaries. But of course I'm going to wait till I finish school and actually get my shit together.

"A boy, I'm thinking about naming him Dave after his father." I stopped and looked at her for a second. For some reason I remember her face from somewhere but I don't know where.

"That's a very cute name, why don't you let me check you out tho." I say.

We both walk back to the register."You almost ready?" I hear a familiar voice say to the customer while I scan her items. I look up to see Dave, handsome face from the gas station. He looks at me making complete eye contact as if he didn't already make me nervous enough.

"Receipts in the bag ma'am, you two have a good night." I say interrupting her before she could say anything back to Dave. He must be the father of her child, since she said she was naming the baby after him anyways.

"Thank you." She says as they walk towards the exit. The last customer in line walks up to the register.

"How are you today ma'am did you find everything okay?" She nods. The store bell goes off again.

"We're closed come back tomorrow at 9am." I say not even bothering to look up.

"Can I chop it up with you real quick?" I look up to see Dave standing in line.

I pass the lady back her receipt and change then close the register. "Wassup David." I say very nonchalantly while cleaning off the counter.

"Well first, I wanted to give you this you left it on the hood of my car last night." He hands me my phone. Thank god cause I really don't have the money to be spending on a new phone. I thought.

"And I wanted to just clear up the air that me and Mahogany aren't in a relationship, she's just going through something and I'm helping her out untill we figure out wassup with the baby na mean."

I look him in his eyes to see if he's a liar like most men are. My father played the role of a liar in my life for to long, I know a lying ass nigga when I see one.

"Okay Dave, thank you for my phone that was sweet of you to hold on to it for me and as far as the whole baby drama. That's none of my concern, you don't have to explain anything to me." I say keeping it a buck with him.

If I wanted to know his personal business I would ask, but right now I'm just looking for something actually real minus the past relationship drama.

"I appreciate that shorty I just ain't want you to think i'm that typa nigga..yk cheatin on my pregnant girl or sum." I laugh a little grabbing my things.

"Well speaking of "pregnant girlfriend" she should be tired of waiting on you right?" I say as we walk towards the door. We stop outside the store while I lock the door.

"I had something more important to tend to real quick..." He says giving me a look before walking off. What have I gotten myself into.
*
*
*
Dave East

After we left the mall, I dropped Mahogany off at the hotel and decided to go to the studio and work on my new single.

After a few sessions in the booth, I scroll through my messages to see if Diamonté noticed I put my number in her phone yet. All I see is unwanted messages from females I don't even mess with no more. I still don't know why I'm so fucked up behind this girl I only seen twice. I need me a wood.

"I know you not over there checking to see if ya lady hit you back." My homie Stylez said standing next to me.

"Man get out my phone." I say turning down my brightness.
______________

Diamanté

Wassup shorty

How did you...? Please explain.

I put my number in ya phone and called myself so ya number could come through mine

David. Boy you're something else, wyd tho?

Nothing much, getting a few sessions in at the studio before I head home tomorrow.

Oh okay, where you from?

Harlem, You?

What kinda question...I'm a Cali baby fasho. I thought you knew.

Nah I didn't know

Well anyways...before you go back home we should do something. Free tomorrow? I have late classes.

Bet. Text me when you wake up.

Okay, gn
______________
I lock my phone sliding it back into my pocket. "So who got your mind so occupied Mr. East." A random one of Stylez hoes says standing next to me. I look over at her giving her a straight face before walking off.

"Aye Stylez mane I'm finna slide cuh, I got a flight inna morning." I dap everybody up before me and my driver Smoke head out.
~

Jaz

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.1K 1.9K 35
What happened to us...
2.6K 113 17
Disclaimer: I don't own transformers or pics or music.
251K 8.3K 50
Living in Mobile has it times. Nobody wants to get out of this city more than me. I'm Lauren Savage... I guess my name kinda speaks for itself. 20, S...
307K 12.7K 135
Aaliyah Fenty is a 21year old student currently attending the USC campus. She was born in the limestone island of Barbados and was raised in Harlem...