Born together, die apart (you...

By Hikari_Takeru

Not only do Kid Flash, Aqualad, and Robin find Superboy in CADMUS but a certain set of twins. Read to find ou... More

Introduction
Independence Day
Welcome to Happy Harbor
Drop-Zone
Schooled
Infiltrator
Denial Part 1
Denial Part 2
Downtime
Bereft
Targets
Homefront
Alpha-Male
Revelation Part 1
Revelation Part 2
Humanity Part 1
Humanity Part 2
Humanity Part 3
Failsafe
Disordered
Secret
Misplaced
Cold Hearted
Images Part 1
Images Part 2
Agendas
Performance
Usual Suspects
Auld Acquaintances

Insecurity

1.4K 45 6
By Hikari_Takeru

New Orleans; December 5th, 06:41 CST

Pietro leaned on one of the crates with his arms crossed. Lately, his head hasn't been in the game, maybe because he's not sure he wants to play anymore. Now that he had his memories he had no reason to stick around but then he remembers one thing, he has no where else to go. He couldn't just simply turn away from this life style, he was in too deep. Might as well keep going until they have no use for him. His head snapped to the door of the warehouse where Sportsmaster and Professor Ivo walked in. The speedster pushed himself off and made his way to them. "This isn't TO Morrow," Klarion complained earning a glare from Ivo.

"Klarion, this is Professor Ivo," Sportsmaster informed getting slightly annoyed.

"This isn't what i ordered! Send it back!" The cat resting around his neck meowed, telling him something. "Morrow's in a coma? Did i already know that?"

"Morrow's skills have been in a coma since the 1950s. But i won't stay where i'm not wanted," Ivo stated.

Klarion pet his cat. "Don't get pouty. I invented pouty." Pietro looked to Ivo.

"Fine. Where's my equipment?"

"Delivery's in the works," Quicksilver said simply. He turned to Sportsmaster, waiting for the okay to go. After a second he nodded and then he was off. Off running, off to clear his head. Pietro ran across the water, stopping at a bayou to take a break. They were never in one place for long so it was hard for him to find a place to stop and think. As he walked around he suddenly punched at a nearby tree, taking in deep breaths as his hand healed. He was frustrated with himself. How could he think of leaving? He owes them for everything. The Light is the reason he even has his memories back, no thanks to his lying sister, Wanda. She had them. This whole time she had them. Every time he doubted his loyalty to the Light he would remind himself that she lied to him, giving him his drive to keep going. The speedster looked down at the water, staring at his reflection. "You're like this because of her."

......................................................................

Mount Justice; December 5th, 17:02 EST

Wanda stood in the back as Green Arrow congratulated Roy for finally deciding to join the Team. She stopped listening as soon as they started talking, knowing that it didn't involve her. Robin was doing the dynamic duo thing with Batman that night making her wonder if she should be glad he's not there to worry about her or upset that he won't be asking if she's fine. Even though she'd answer the same, it would still lift a tiny weight from her shoulders, making a small part of her remember that there are people who actually care about her. Unlike then.

~~~~~~

"You don't care about me! None of you do!" Wanda yelled as she pushed herself off of the ground after falling from her chair. She tried to walk to her room but Pietro grabbed her wrist to stop her from going any further.

"Sestra, of course we do-"

She yanked her arms back but in result she fell on her butt. Her brother tried to help her but she just pushed him away. "If you really did then you'd let me do things by myself! I know i'm blind but that doesn't make me unable! You only care if i'm hurt or if i'm too cold or too warm. For once i want you to care about me and if i'm okay. All you care about is my blindness. Care about me the same way you care about Pietro." Her voice went quiet as tears weld in her eyes. "Ask me about my day. What i did, what i learned. Just because i'm blind doesn't mean i can't learn something too. Please, care about me more."

~~~~~~

"Okay, people," Green Arrow spoke, pulling her attention. "Listen up, the dynamic duo is on a case in Gotham, but Batman gave me a heads up. Wanda froze as he pulled up an image on the screen. "Sportsmaster and Quicksilver were spotted coming through Louis Armstrong international airport." Arrow turned around to face them.

"In full costume and everything?" Zatanna asked, raising a brow. M'gann and Artemis looked at her. "Nervy."

A new screen popped up with surveillance footage. "In street clothes. Facial recognition software picked up the ID. Find out what he's up to."

"All of us?" Superboy asked. "Seems like overkill for a Shadow job."

"Perhaps a small squad," Red Tornado suggested. "Miss Martian's camouflage abilities seem ideal." Wanda prayed they didn't mention her, not really in the mood for a mission, let alone one that involves her brother. It made her feel slightly nostalgic for the person she was before. That version of her, the better one, would give anything to go on a mission like this.

"Thought the sidekicks, sorry, ex sidekicks could suit up on this. Aqualad, Kid Flash, Red Arrow," Green Arrow called out as the three of them glanced at each other.

Artemis looked away, slightly offended. "Good. Stakeouts make me crazy," SB stated as he crossed his arms.

"We could use a night off-"

"I want in," Artemis informed, accidentally interrupting M'gann. "With M'gann and Robin out, no ones logged more hours piloting the bioship."

Wanda thought hard on this. If she stayed then she would be alone with her thoughts, thoughts left lingering wriggling through viral veins and organs until eventually...but if she went then she would have to face Pietro. Maybe if he didn't know she had or could restore his memories then- Her mind snapped back to reality when she noticed that the others were gone. Zatanna, M'gann, Conner, and Wolf began to walk away so she followed only a few steps behind. After a few minutes Zatanna spoke up. "No offense guys, but even my boredom is bored." They came to a stop once they saw Tornado.

"Maybe a night off wasn't the best idea," Miss Martian chimed.

"Red Tornado," SB scratched the back of his head. "got any good steak outs for us?" The android turned from his screen to them, answering monochromatically.

"I do not," his signature red tornado surrounded him. "You must amuse yourselves." With that he flew through the hole which closed as soon as he was inside. They stared at it for a bit before Zatanna spoke up once again.

"That's Tornado's apartment, right?"

"It is," M'gann answered.

"But Tornado doesn't eat or sleep or change clothes or well anything."

Conner tilted his head. "So?"

"So...what does he do up there?" Zatanna looked at them with a smirk.

...........................................................................

Orleans Parish; December 5th, 21:27 CST

Pietro watched from his position, waiting for his signal to go. Sportsmaster got out from his boat, looking around to see if he was being followed. The speedster's attention was to Roy, who thought he was being sneaky as he crouched behind a tree. He took a step forward and as he did, the archer pulled an arrow, shooting it right at him. Apparently, he wasn't the only one who could see him. He sped away, coming back around to punch him. Roy nocked another arrow at him which he phased right through but soon realized that it wasn't for him when he heard Cheshire. "Why Arrow, if you wanted another date, you just had to ask."

"You two are dating?!" Artemis yelled.

"What? No!" Roy yelled in defense.

Quicksilver ran to Cheshire, phasing her out of the net. He set her down as he stood beside her. "Why deny the attraction, Red Arrow. After all, you're here." The two archers raised their bows. "Really, i'm so fond of you both, i couldn't bare to hurt you." She threw her sword down into the ground. "Much." Pietro sped around the two, grabbing their bows and arrows before coming to a stop. Cheshire threw a smoke bomb at Arrow as he ran at Artemis, pushing her against a tree as his hand phased through her chest, making her gasp. "Not her!" His hand never stopped vibrating as he removed it, letting the blonde fall. Wally ran in, hitting Cheshire off of Roy, holding up the cye she was holding.

"This'll make quite the souvenir," he chimed.

"Artemis, tracer arrow on Sportsmaster, now!" Arrow called as she stood. She nocked her arrow at the boat that was getting away but luckily Pietro was quick enough to run across the water, catching as well as breaking it before it even got close. The speedster stopped once he was on ground so he could map out where to run. He saw as Roy went after Sportsmaster in a jet ski and decided to go after him, taking hold of one handle bar to swing on, kicking the archer off before running after Sportsmaster.

.....................................................................

Back at the cave, the four of them shared a look before Zatanna made the first move. "Etativel!" Smoke appeared as she pushed off into the air, M'gann soon following. She said another spell that opened the hatch. Wanda used her hex to push her up into the hatch. Conner scratches his arm before jumping in. They looked around at his 'apartment.' The brunette walked towards the christmas tree which was lit up with presents and candles surrounding it. She tilted her head as she thought of what it could be for. In Sokovia, there weren't many trees that felt like that.

~~~~~

"It feels weird," Wanda stated as she placed her hands on the stump of the tree. "Is it a widow?

Her friend, Rosa, laughed. "It's an oak. Don't worry you'll get used to it eventually." She took her hand leading her to a different one. "Okay, guess this one." The brunette touched to stump but quickly pulled away when there was a residue.

"What is this stuff?"

"Guess!" Rosa watched as she sniffed it before licking her hands. "Don't lick it!"

"Why? It's sap." Her friend took her wrist, licking her hand. "See. It's a maple tree."

~~~~~

A light turned on over a table which had a red sheet over it. "Is that what i think it is?" They went to it, silently agreeing for Conner to pull it. He yanked the sheet off to reveal a human android. Well, more like an android with the full male anatomy. "So, is Red building a friend or what?" No one was able to answer as a gust of wind came in.

"Perhaps you should ask Red," Tornado said as he crossed his arms over his chest.

SB looked down. "Wolf..." The robot lowered, his tornado setting him on the ground. "Alright, what's with the new bod?"

"I am a robot. This is an android. He will serve as my alter ego, John Smith and allow me to download my consciousness so that one day i may walk among humans, interact, and learn." Wanda felt a small smile tug at the corner of her lips.

"I think it's a wonderful idea," the brunette encouraged.

"Your approval is appreciated but your presence is uninvited," Red turned to face them. "Is this a sign of disrespect?"

"Curiosity-"

"Boredom," SB interrupted the martian.

Zatanna looked at the android. "You know, he's cute but if your goal is human interaction...evig mih stnap!" She snapped her fingers as the red cloth they pulled off of John earlier, wrapped around his torso turning into pants. "He really needed pants."

............................................................................

New Orleans; December 5th, 22:18 CTS

Pietro stood behind Sportsmaster as he placed the case on the table Professor Ivo was sitting at, opening it to reveal one of his MONQIs. The blonde stepped back as the android came to life, letting out a laugh. "Thank you, Sportsmaster. We'll take it from here." He got up, going to the case in the back.

Sportsmaster looked to the speedster, motioning him that their work was done. Once they were a good distance away, he grabbed the kid, slamming him into a nearby wall. "Jade told me whatcha did, kid." He then stepped back, pressing a small remote that activated the shocker he just put on him. Pietro yelled out in pain, falling to his hands and knees. He had to focus harder just so he could vibrate it off of his neck. The speedster breathed heavily as Sportsmaster kneeled in front of him. "You pull something like that again without a direct order, you're gonna regret it." He got up to look down on the shaking teen. "Get up." Despite the pain he was in, the eldest Maximoff stood, following after him. "On my signal, go." He nodded, running off to the other side of the building. "Now, kid!"

Quicksilver ran back around, tackling Kid Flash to the ground. "Come on, dude!" Wally sped to punch him but ended up going right through as he phased. "How could you hit your own sister?!" It was clear that he was still stuck on that incident from months ago. Pietro turned but as he did, he was hit by water.

"Kid, go. I will deal with him," Aqualad said as his tattoos glowed. The Atlantian hit him again but this time he turned into ice, breaking apart.

............................................................................

Mount Justice; December 6th, 03:21 EST

Wanda decided to turn in for the night, tired from their little adventure. She plopped down on her bed, turning to the clock on her desk. It was already the next day. Her eyes unfocused as she zoned out, thinking about her brother and slightly wishing he was there. That they hadn't went separate ways, that they were in the cave on the Team together, not fighting, just going back to way things were but then she remembered, even then they never really got along.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.2K 1K 21
(Avengers//Young Justice Crossover) What if, when her brother Pietro died at the hands of Ultron, instead of teaming up with the Avengers Wanda Maxim...
19.6K 552 12
Where the Young Avengers get stuck in the universe of the Young Justice squad.
73.5K 1.8K 29
((Young Justice//Maximoff Twin cross over)) Twin meta teens Pietro and Wanda Maximoff have no one in the world but each other and they would do anyth...
198K 7.3K 19
After the Death of the Flying Graysons, Richard Grayson is missing. Batman goes to investigate Tony Zucco and meets a young vigilante going by, Robin...