Test of Fate (DongFeng Fanfic...

By yunxihan_

Bai Fengjiu uses her blood to seal an evil tiger spirit, causing irreparable damage to her spirit. She finds... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Special # 1
Special # 2
Special # 3
Special # 4
New Book!

Special # 5 + Thank You!

4.5K 113 46
By yunxihan_

Special Chapter 5

Every Life and Every World

Warning: Mature Content

Fengjiu was running very fast, her heels clicking on the concrete ground. She was running late! Because she was running frantically, she didn't notice the car coming her way. A loud honk of a horn was heard, making her turn her head to the incoming car. Her whole body froze at the sight of the speeding car about to hit her. She closed her eyes bracing herself for the incoming impact, when suddenly something warm enveloped her.

Was this what death felt like? Why didn't it hurt?

Fengjiu opened her eyes to see the side of a very handsome man's face. She felt the man pulling her to the side, making her unconsciously wrap her arm around his neck at the unexpected movement.

The handsome man turned to look at her with cold eyes. Fengjiu stared at his face dazedly wondering how a man with cold eyes could look so good. She was still looking at the man holding onto her waist before she felt the car race past them, honking their horn loudly before stopping.

The man in the car arrogantly looked out his window to argue with the girl he almost hit, but saw a familiar looking man, his boss. His whole body trembled in fear. "Donghua Dijun?" He immediately retreated into his car and drove away as fast as he could.

Fengjiu felt like everything was in slow motion. She stared at the handsome man dazedly and asked, "Who are you?" Her arms were still around his neck.

"Donghua Dijun."

Hearing the name gave Fengjiu a shock. Donghua Dijun? The President of Jiuchongtian Corporation. The most powerful man in the world. She was still in shock. The only thing that could come out of her lips was another dumb question.

"What?!"

Donghua looked at the shocked woman in his arms. He didn't understand why he saved her from that car. He usually doesn't bother himself with the affairs of others, but he felt some kind of pull to her and decided to save her after all. He didn't let the woman know any of his thoughts and asked coldly instead, "How long will you keep hugging me?"

Fengjiu realized that she was indeed still hugging him. She quickly let go and raised her arms in surrender, showing him that she didn't mean anything by it. Suddenly, Donghua let go of her waist, making her stumble backwards.

Fengjiu quickly righted herself and looked at the handsome man that was Donghua Dijun in front of her. His title Dijun, was taken after what deities called the ruler of the universe. He was indeed the ruler of the world with his power, influence, and riches. It was only fitting to call him by such title.

"Are you really Donghua Dijun?"

Fengjiu felt unsure about his real identity, but she did know that this man was very handsome! And he had saved her life. She was now indebted to him.

Donghua tilted his head to look at the wide-eyed woman in front of him. "Don't I look like him?" Fengjiu was immediately shaking her head. "You don't. I saw a picture of you in Zheyan's library." She paused before laughing lightly, "You really don't look like him."

She had heard from her Uncle and Zheyan that Donghua Dijun was very mysterious and that people had no idea what he looked like except his employees. Zheyan had also told her he had met Donghua Dijun but he doesn't allow any portraits to be taken of him, and the picture he had was taken secretly. But it didn't look like the handsome man in front of her at all!

Donghua felt a flicker of annoyance rise in his gut when the smiling woman mentioned another guy. He had no idea why he felt this way, so he asked instead. "Zheyan?" At least he will know which man she was talking about.

Fengjiu nodded enthusiastically. "Yes! Zheyan. He's a doctor and the President of the Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms Hospital." She knew her Uncle and his husband was popular in the socialite circles. Donghua Dijun was bound to know him!

Donghua gave a start. It was the Zheyan he knew. How did he know this woman? He looked at the smiling woman in front of him, "Who are you?"

"I'm Bai Fengjiu, the granddaughter of the President of Qingqiu Corporation." Fengjiu was still looking at him dazed, before she realized she should greet him properly. She took a step back and made a light bow.

"Donghua Dijun, I am Bai Fengjiu from Qingqiu Corporation."

Donghua's cold expression did not change. "So, it's the Bai family." He scruitinized the woman before him before adding, "Someone from the Bai family wasn't paying attention on the road? Are you trying to die?"

Fengjiu didn't even get offended. "No, I'm not." Her voice was soft but Donghua turned around to leave. She quickly followed after him. "Since you have saved me, I must reciprocate."

Donghua's words were short, "No need."

This didn't deter Fengjiu, instead she kept following him. "Huh? How can this be? My aunt always teaches me that there is a cycle of karma in this world. If there's a reason, there's always a cause. Favors must be returned." She was walking beside him when Donghua slightly turned to look at her.

"Your aunt? Bai Qian from Qingqiu Corporation?"

"Dijun, you know my aunt?" Fengjiu asked excitedly. Donghua wasn't affected by her good mood. "We met by chance several times. Your aunt and Jiuchongtian have a strong affinity."

Fengjiu was a bit shocked. She has never heard her aunt say anything about Jiuchongtian. "Really? Why haven't I heard her mention this? She doesn't seem willing to mention Jiuchongtian."

"Don't you know that Zheyan and your grandfather are at Jiuchongtian right now? Asking for an explanation for your aunt?" Fengjiu was looking down taking in his words, "Is that so?" Before she could look up, she bumped into Donghua's chest. Looking up to his handsome face, Fengjiu was dazed. She has never felt this way for a man in her entire twenty-four years of living.

Donghua looked at Fengjiu's dazed stare and felt a bit helpless. "How long will you keep following me?" She froze before stuttering, "I... I merely wanted to repay your kindness." Donghua ignored her and turned around to leave. Fengjiu stared at his retreating back and followed him again.

*****

Fengjiu was drinking something from a tumbler when Donghua entered his office. Weeks after their first encounter, Fengjiu snuck into his company and applied to be his personal assistant. She said she was repaying him for her life debt. She worked without payment. It's been almost three months since she started working in Jiuchongtian. Instead of working well, she kept getting into trouble that Donghua had to get her out of. He didn't know why he allowed her to stay or why he kept helping her.

She repeatedly confessed to him that she liked him, but he ignored her every time she did. He was sure that her feelings would fade after a few weeks, after all she was the spoiled heir of Qingqiu. She was probably just playing around.

Donghua learned in the months she worked in Jiuchontian that although she was spoiled, she had a very pure heart. It annoyed him sometimes that she was so naïve. Many men in the office always asked her out for lunch, and she had absolutely no idea they were asking her on dates.

Fengjiu was looking into the tumbler to see if there was more when she saw Donghua walking to her. She looked at him and smiled, "Dijun?"

"Have you seen Si Ming?"

Fengjiu tilted her head thinking if she saw the other secretary. "No..." Donghua noticed the blush on Fengjiu's cheeks and her unfocused eyes. "What are you drinking?" Fengjiu looked at him confused before looking at the tumbler in her hands. "Coffee!"

Donghua narrowed his eyes, "Who gave that to you?" Fengjiu was conflicted. She really liked the delicious coffee and didn't want to share... But she would share anything with Dijun! She offered the tumbler with a bright smile. Donghua smiled sarcastically at her, she was obviously drunk. "Who exactly gave it to you?"

Fengjiu thought about it and looked at the ceiling, "I think... It was Cheng Yu!" She drank some more of what was in the tumbler. Donghua only felt helpless. Cheng Yu was his Vice President Liansong's wife. She liked Fengjiu very much. She was fixed on seeing them together. "You dare to drink the things she has given you?"

Fengjiu looked at Donghua and stumbled to him while drinking some more of what was in the tumbler. She offered the tumbler to Dijun, "There is so much coffee I can't drink it all. Dijun, have some!" Donghua raised his eyebrows at Fengjiu, "Judging from the way you look right now, you probably don't even know what I'm saying." He pushed the tumbler she was offering away. Fengjiu drank some more while looking at him. "Dijun, honestly..." Donghua turned to look at her big teary eyes.

Fengjiu moved to hug him, burrowing her head to his chest. "I like you! I like you so so so much!" She giggled as she hugged him tightly. Donghua felt like his heart was beating faster than usual. Fengjiu often confessed to him, and hugged him, but this time felt different. He still pushed her away, "Even if you didn't tell me, I would still know that."

Fengjiu walked away drunkenly, "I heard the view in your company is especially amazing. But I've been working here the whole time, how come I've never realized that?" Donghua sighed, "When you're free, you can ask Si Ming to take you around." He paused. "You don't have to waste your time on worthless activities with me, an old man." Donghua felt a bit bitter. He was ten years older than her. Fengjiu was still young and exploring the world. She only followed him around because he was interesting to her. She would find something else to amuse her soon enough.

Fengjiu paused and looked at him. "You're not old!" Donghua looked at her incredulously, "When I was in middle school, your grandfather was still in college." Fengjiu just kept staring at him. She smiled brightly and approached him again. She paused at his office chair and collapsed on it. "So, you dislike that I'm younger than you..." She pouted at the thought.

Donghua sighed, "Alright. Sit there and don't mess around."

*****

It has been a year since Fengjiu started pursuing Donghua. She truly loved him, but he kept treating her feelings like a joke. She stood in front him with tears in her eyes. "Then what are you doing here in this shabby hut?" A few months back, they had a business trip that brought them to this rural area. One of Donghua's competitors had sent men to assassinate him, but it was the very night Fengjiu had asked him out on a walk. She had taken a bullet for him that faithful rainy night. No one else knew about that except the two of them.

He had taken her to this shabby hut to hide away from the assassins before his own security was able to find them. He had held her in his arms that night, soothing her and assuring her that everything would be okay. Fengjiu really thought she was going to die.

After that day, Donghua found himself even more taken with Fengjiu. Months later, Donghua told her to leave Jiuchongtian and never follow him again. He was afraid that he was growing attached to her and could not let her go once she found someone better than him. He had to let her go before that happened, so he sent her away. He visited the shabby hut to revisit the time when he was able to hold her without thinking of what would happen next. As fate would have it, Fengjiu came on the same day and same time.

"Fengjiu, you have to understand we aren't common people. Flowers bloom and then wither. All things come to an end. Holding on to it will only bring you and others pain. Your parents will probably arrange you to marry someone soon. You are the heir of Qingqiu." Donghua quickly walked away, afraid he would turn around and give into his desires.

Fengjiu cried even harder at the sight of his retreating back.

*****

Donghua had rejected the proposal of Fengjiu's father. He was shocked that her family would allow her to marry who she liked, but she can't marry him. He was not like other guys who could make her happy. Her bright and happy nature would eventually turn cold the longer she stayed by his side. He never wanted to see her radiance disappear.

He laid in bed that night trying to fall asleep, but he couldn't. He tried drinking some alcohol, hoping it would help him. The moment his head hit the pillow after drinking several glasses, he fell asleep.

"Donghua why are you crying? You're never sad in my dreams..." Fengjiu murmured weakly as she raised her hand slowly to wipe his tears away. He held her hand to his face and nuzzled it. "Jiu'er I'm right here with you. This isn't a dream."

"How did you-" He cut her off by pressing his trembling lips to her forehead. "Jiu'er how can you think of leaving me? Don't you remember your promise?" His voice was shaky as he held her.

"What promise?" Donghua caressed her face as more tears flowed down his cheeks. He doesn't remember when he cried last. He knew it must have been a long time ago. "Don't you remember Jiu'er? You said you would live if I lived. I'm living right now! What are you thinking, leaving like this? Didn't you promise me?"

Donghua, if you live, and so will I.

If you die, so will I.

She gently caressed his face and gave him a bright smile like she always does. "I'm sorry Donghua... I'm sorry for breaking my promise. I'm leaving before you instead..." A burst of coughs ensued. Donghua frantically patted her back.

"Jiu'er!"

"NO!"

"JIU'ER!!!"

"No! Jiu'er! Stay awake I'm begging you! You'll be alright! I'll take you to Zheyan right now! Stay awake Jiu'er... Please!" Donghua cried desperately as he tried to wake her up. Fengjiu's eyes slowly opened as she stared at his. She gave him a sweet smile as she stared up at his sad eyes. Fengjiu's arms lost all strength as she fell against Donghua's chest. Her heavy eyelids started to close as she pressed a last kiss to his heart. Donghua held her tightly as his vision was wet with tears.

Please stay with me Jiu'er. Please stay by my side.

He felt her body get lighter and lighter as he shut his eyes tightly. Please, no! She was turning to dust right in front of him. Tears streamed down his face as he tried to keep embracing her body. Her hand came up to wipe the tears on his face once more.

"Jiu'er!"

He called her frantically as if calling her would bring her back. Her touch on his cheek was slowly disappearing as he held her hand. He felt the weight on his arms get lighter and lighter. Donghua trembled at the nothingness he felt in his arms. He felt like something was blocking his throat keeping him from breathing. Heartbroken sobs could be heard from his shaking form. Donghua clutched at the air while closing his eyes, hoping this was all a dream.

When he woke up, Jiu'er would be right beside him. She would smile up at him and give him a soft kiss like she always did. Donghua opened his eyes and only saw grass.

She was gone.

"Jiu'er!"

"Jiu'er!"

"Jiu'er!" Donghua shot up in bed frantically looking beside him. The space beside him was empty, and cold. He didn't understand why he called Fengjiu a different name and what had happened in his dream, but he was now terrified something had happened to her. He frantically looked at the digital clock on his bedside.

3:04 AM

The deep sense of terror he felt in his dream overtook his senses as he frantically looked for his phone. The dialing sound could be heard as he tried to take deep breaths to calm himself down. It would be fine once he heard Fengjiu's voice. She was okay. He just had a bad dream.

Hi! This is Bai Fengjiu. Please leave a message! If you're Donghua Dijun, I'll be sure to call you back first! Have a great day!

Her bright voice echoed through Donghua's empty room. It was her voicemail. It was his first time hearing it because she always answered on the first few rings. Donghua's heart raced in panic when she didn't answer on his second try. After his fifth try, he couldn't contain his terror anymore. He quickly got out of bed, not bothering to change his clothes. He threw on a jacket over his plain home clothes and grabbed his car keys running to the parking lot.

He kept dialing Fengjiu's phone as he raced to her apartment complex. Donghua knew that Fengjiu lived away from her family, wanting to be independent. He has never been to her house, but he's always known her address from her CV when she first applied for his company.

He pressed the elevator button willing it to go faster, but it was still taking too long. Fengjiu still wasn't answering her phone. He quickly went to find the stairs and ran to the fifth floor. The moment he got to her door, he knocked frantically on her door.

"Jiu'er! Jiu'er!"

He didn't realize he was using the name he had called her in the dream. He dialed her number again, listening for sounds from inside her apartment. Her ringtone chimed from inside, but he could not hear any signs of movement. He panicked again and started banging on her door loudly, forgetting it was in the middle of the night.

"Jiu'er, open the door right now! Jiu-"

An old lady came out from the apartment next to hers. "Young man can you keep it down? It's 3:30 in the morning!" Donghua looked at the old woman frantically. "Have you seen the woman who lives here?" Before the old woman could answer, the door to Fengjiu's apartment opened.

Fengjiu opened her door groggily wondering who it was banging at her door so early in the morning. Her head was still pounding with a headache from her fever when she opened the door, revealing the man of her dreams. "Dijun?" Fengjiu thought she was dreaming. What was Donghua doing in front of her apartment?

Donghua calmed down a little at the sight of Fengjiu and quickly pulled her into his arms. He was hugging her so tightly, Fengjiu had a hard time breathing. His arms roamed her body, checking if she was okay before finally pulling back to look at her pale face. Her hair was pulled up to a messy bun and strands of her hair were falling to her face. Donghua finally noticed the lack of color on her face.

"What's wrong? Are you not feeling well?" Fengjiu stared at Donghua's frantic eyes with confusion. What was he doing? Didn't he tell her to leave? She was about to ask when Donghua pulled her into his arms into a princess carry. Her arms instinctively went to wrap around his neck when Donghua started walking.

"Where are you taking me?" Fengjiu was very confused. She had a fever, so she didn't know exactly what was happening for Donghua to take her away like this. She looked at the side of Donghua's face like when he saved her a year ago. A sad feeling swept over her body when she remembered Donghua really didn't like her.

"We're going to the hospital. You're sick." Donghua murmured as he placed her on his car and fastened her seatbelt himself. Fengjiu was wondering if she was really dreaming when Donghua got in beside her and started driving.

*****

Luckily, Zheyan was on duty when Donghua had taken Fengjiu to the hospital. They were very powerful figures. If someone recognized Donghua Dijun of Jiuchontian carrying Bai Fengjiu of Qinqiu, wouldn't that add to the already circulating rumours about them? Many people were saying that Fengjiu had seduced the powerful Donghua Dijun in bed, so that he'd do business with their company. Zheyan couldn't begin to imagine what his husband and brother-in-law would say if they saw the scene playing out right before his eyes.

"What is wrong with her?" Donghua said impatiently. Fengjiu was still staring at him wide-eyed. She finally realized this wasn't a dream when they actually arrived in the hospital. Donghua realized he had impulsively brought her here without letting her change her clothes. She was still in her home clothes, wearing really short shorts. He had wrapped her up in his jacket and brought her to the emergency room where Zheyan found them.

Zheyan observed Donghua quietly. He's known Donghua for a while. They have met in business parties on several occasions. He knew that his niece was chasing after him and that her father had proposed marriage to Donghua only to be rejected. Zheyan pursed his lips at the thought of his poor niece crying.

"Dijun, May I ask you to leave. Xiao Jiu's health has nothing to do with you."

Donghua got angry at his words because it was true. Before he could stop himself, he was already glaring at Zheyan. "Nothing to do with me? She's my fiancée. Now tell me what is wrong?" Fengjiu gave a start at his words. Fiancée?

*****

Donghua set a bowl of porridge in front of Fengjiu. She was silent the whole way back to his apartment. After confirming with a shocked Zheyan that it was indeed just a fever, he told her he would bring her to his home. He wouldn't listen to her protests and sat her down on his car once again. She desperately wanted to know what he was playing at, but she felt so tired from her fever. She stared at the porridge in front of her blankly.

"Jiu'er you must eat."

Fengjiu looked at Donghua's face again. Jiu'er. He had started calling her that since earlier, but she didn't know why. Her heart beat faster at the thought that he changed his mind, but she didn't dare to give herself hope. Finally, she couldn't stand her thoughts. She stood up, ignoring Donghua and turned to leave.

Donghua caught her by the arm. "Where are you going?" Fengjiu struggled in his grip. "Home." Donghua carried her once again as Fengjiu struggled weakly in his arms. He set her on his bed, holding her down. "You didn't answer my calls earlier. You fainted because of a fever. How can you expect me to let you go home?" Fengjiu looked at his earnest eyes and suddenly felt like crying. What the hell was he doing? Was he playing with her?

Donghua watched Fengjiu's eyes tear up. He quickly pulled away, "Jiu'er what's wrong?" More tears fell at his question. Donghua didn't know what was wrong, so he was going to hug her but Fengjiu weakly punched at his shoulder.

"What do you mean by this?! Why are you calling me Jiu'er? Why did you tell Zheyan I was your fiancée? Why are you taking care of me? Why do you care if I'm sick? You said you didn't love me!" A patient with high fever turned frightfully red when they were angry. The moment Fengjiu finished speaking, she burst out into a sever coughing fit.

Donghua's voice became frantic, "Jiu'er here, drink some water." He took the glass he kept by his bedside and placed it by her lips. Fengjiu pushed it away and glared at him. "I don't want to! I want answers!" Instead of answering her, Donghua drank a mouthful of the water and pressed his lips against hers. He forcefully slipped the water into her mouth. Fengjiu struggled and hit him, but Donghua refused to let go. Before Fengjiu could react, he was already feeding her another mouthful.

She was so angry that she used all her strength to push him away. When she saw blood dripping down his lip because she bit him, she felt her heart clench. "What are you doing? You're going to get sick as well!"

Donghua ignored her and pushed the glass to her and insisted, "Finish the water." Fengjiu pushed it away once again. "Donghua...." But he was stubborn, "Finish it." Fengjiu felt more hot tears fall to her cheeks. "Donghua, what's the matter? Why are you doing this?" All the doubt she had when she pursued him bubbled up, making her heart hurt so much. She wanted to touch him into loving her back, but he had said he didn't love her. Now, he was taking care of her. What did he want her to do?

Donghua wiped her tears away, but Fengjiu kept crying.

"I lied." He finally said.

"What do you mean?" Her voice was getting hoarse because of her tears.

"I'll tell you if you finish your water."

"I'm not drinking it!" Fengjiu said willfully as she turned her head away from him.

In the end, Donghua gave in. "I lied about what I felt about you."

Fengjiu froze at his words. Donghua raised a hand to caress her cheek. "I have been attracted to you since I first saw you. I didn't even know why I saved you. I just did." Fengjiu looked at him with wide teary eyes.

"I'm afraid." He finally admitted to her. "I'm afraid that once I give in to my feelings, you will find someone better and leave me." Fengjiu felt offended at his words. Did he think she was joking when she told him she loved him? She was angry enough to try and get up again. Donghua pulled her back to bed. "I'm sorry." Donghua said softly. He brushed her stray hairs away from her face. "I'm sorry for hurting you. I am a very selfish man."

Fengjiu wanted to cry at the soft look in his eyes. She never imagined that he would one day look at her in such a way. "I want to keep you by my side." He admitted and pressed a soft kiss to her forehead. Fengjiu looked at him with wide eyes. Was he saying what she thinks he was saying?

"I love you."

Fengjiu cried at his earnest voice. She repeatedly punched his shoulders, "Why are you only saying that now? Do you know how long I've been waiting for you to say those words? You're such a bully!" Donghua wasn't even pained by her punches.

He pressed a kiss to her forehead, then her cheeks. When his lips hovered over hers, he looked into her teary eyes. He softly wiped her tears and pressed his lips to hers. The kiss was gentle, but it soon grew deeper when he pushed his tongue past her lips. Fengjiu's hands were clinging to his neck as he kissed her senseless.

When he pulled away, his heavy breaths fell on her lips. Fengjiu looked up to him and frowned, "You're going to get sick."

Donghua's lips pulled up into a smile. "I don't care."

He lowered his head to kiss her anew.

*****

It was late afternoon when Donghua felt something caressing his cheek. He looked to his side to see Fengjiu with a soft look in her eyes. He pulled her closer to him as she rested her head on his chest. He raised a hand to her forehead, checking for fever. When he felt that it was finally cool to the touch, he was satisfied.

Fengjiu looked at Donghua a bit dazed. She never thought that he would really love her back. She wrapped her arms around him tightly at the thought. Donghua looked down at her, "What's wrong? Do you feel uncomfortable?" Fengjiu quickly shook her head. "I'm just afraid that I'm dreaming."

Donghua pulled back to see Fengjiu's doubtful expression. He pressed a kiss to her lips. "You're not dreaming. I truly love you." He watched Fengjiu's eyes grow brighter at his words. He felt helpless. She became happy at the smallest touches and smallest words from him. He was afraid that one day, Fengjiu would not love him as much as she does now. Just as he thought this, Fengjiu pressed a kiss to his cheek. "I love you."

Suddenly, Donghua felt that it would be okay.

*****

Bai Zhi stared at his granddaughter who was walking beside Donghua Dijun, her hand entwined in his. He had heard from Zheyan that his granddaughter was brought into the hospital by none other than Donghua Dijun. His son had gone to that very man to propose marriage for their Fengjiu but was rejected. What tune was he playing now?

"Bai Zhi, I wish to marry your granddaughter." Donghua was sitting on a chair for guests in Bai Zhi's office. Despite sitting on a guest chair, it seemed like Donghua owned the whole room. Bai Zhi had sent away his granddaughter to have a... man-to-man talk with Donghua Dijun. He was afraid that he was only using his precious granddaughter.

"What are your intentions with my granddaughter?" Donghua's answer startled Bai Zhi. "I want to make her my wife and stay with her for as long as we live." Bai Zhi was reluctant to yield. "I don't approve." Donghua wasn't startled, he had expected this. "Why not? Is it because I'm a lot older than her?"

Bai Zhi grew earnest, "Fengjiu... has suffered a lot because of you." Donghua grew solemn, "I understand your feelings." Bai Zhi was not convinced, "Can you?"

"What kind of future can you give my precious granddaughter?"

"I don't know whether I can give Jiu'er a peaceful and happy life." Donghua paused. Bai Zhi was confused until he realized Donghua was referring to Fengjiu. So, he calls her Jiu'er? Interesting.

"I promise to give her freedom." Bai Zhi didn't understand, "Freedom?" Donghua nodded, "Right, Freedom. Jiu'er is lively and cheerful. I'll let her grow at will according to her nature. As long as I'm her husband, I won't force her to do anything. She can make any decision as she likes."

Bai Zhi wasn't entirely convinced. He was touched by Donghua Dijun's words, but he still wasn't sure if he should allow their marriage. He watched Donghua's retreating back when Fengjiu suddenly ran to him, giving him a hug. Bai Zhi sighed, his granddaughter was really too free. He expected Donghua to push her away. The scene that played out before him made his jaw drop.

Donghua said something to his granddaughter making her smile brightly. He wrapped his arms around her to hug her back. After a while, he took Fengjiu's hand to leave. Fengjiu clung to his arm, "I want to eat some cake!" Donghua nodded as he let her drag him away from her grandfather's office.

Bai Zhi stayed there standing for a long time. He sighed, it seems they were going to get married after all.

*****

Fengjiu was breathless as she watched Donghua press soft kisses to each of her fingers. A sparkling purple jade ring rested on her ring finger. He held her waist pulling her to his embrace. Fengjiu rested her head on his chest as she listened to his heartbeat.

Donghua's hand slid from her waist to her back, unbuttoning her wedding dress. He pressed kisses to her face as his other hand squeezed her breast, causing her to cry out.

The moment the last button was opened, he slowly slid her wedding dress away from her body. His hand travelled lower massaging her between her legs. His fingers were drenched with a slippery substance.

It was their wedding night. After a few weeks of convincing Fengjiu's family, Donghua went to marry her right away. They had a civil ceremony by themselves, but a larger wedding ceremony would happen in a few months.

Donghua carried Fengjiu to his bed, pinning her under him. She was already bare, rid of all her clothes as she stared up at him with a blush on her cheeks. Ah... Jiu'er is truly my wife now.

"Jiu'er."

His voice was heavy, filled with passion. He pressed her lips to hers as Fengjiu clung to his neck. He gave her a few gentle kisses at first before pulling away.

"I love you."

Fengjiu felt her heart grow warm at his words. He seemed to be afraid she wouldn't know he loved her, so he often said it. She lifted her head to press a kiss to his nose.

"I love you too."

His lips started to press kisses to her neck, going lower and lower... He alternated between light kisses and nibbling, leaving marks wherever his lips went. Fengjiu was losing herself in the sensations until his mouth covered her breast.

"Ah!"

He went lower and held her thighs apart. His lips brushed against the inner part of her thighs pressing deep kisses. When Fengjiu snapped out of her dazed state, Donghua was already pressing his lips back to her neck. His hand slowly trailed down to touch her in between her legs, lavishing her with his fingers.

Donghua was observing her reaction as he explored her body. Her eyes looked at him as they trembled with passion making him lower his head to kiss her again. He repeatedly moved his fingers as an indescribable sensation washed over Fengjiu's body.

When Donghua looked into her eyes, they came to a tacit understanding. He slowly pushed into her as he pressed his lips against hers to comfort her. A sharp pain shot through Fengjiu's body as she looked at him with teary eyes.

"Ahh..." Her breaths became rough as he pressed soothing kisses on her face as he gradually filled her. Donghua held her gently as if she were glass, fighting the urge to charge through her roughly. He pressed a kiss to her eyelids before pulling back a little. "Jiu'er, I love you."

"Hnn..."

Fengjiu felt his words blanket over her body as she trembled at the new-found pleasure she felt. Donghua looked at her relaxing form and thrust deeply into her, making her moan. Her eyes grew hazy with pleasure as Donghua continued thrusting into her. When he saw that she was finally feeling the pleasure, he put more force into his thrusts.

"Donghua... Mm..."

He gripped her breast while his other hand supported her lower back. Fengjiu held on to his neck tightly as she took his thrusts. She was mewling from the pleasure that threatened to overtake her senses. Without any warning, Donghua raised one of her legs higher, burrowing deeper into her.

"Ah!"

He pounded into her with vigor as Fengjiu repeatedly called his name. Pleasure flooded into Fengjiu's senses as she reached a peak, she didn't know she was capable of reaching. Donghua brushed the hair that was sticking to her forehead and gave a deep thrust, releasing himself into her. Fengjiu was breathing heavily when she caressed his cheek. She pressed a soft kiss to his lips.

"Donghua, I love you."

*****

Donghua was watching Fengjiu hum happily while busying herself in the kitchen. His lips were pulled up in a smile as he watched his beautiful wife. Their home was in a secluded area where they planted many peach blossom trees. Their living room was adorned with their wedding photos and their signed marriage certificate.

Donghua thought back to the night he dreamt of Fengjiu turning to dust in his arms. He didn't know how he came to dream about such a thing. It both terrified him and made him feel thankful. He was terrified that something like that would happen. He watched Fengjiu's radiant smile and thought he never wanted to see it gone.

He was thankful because it pushed him to pursue Fengjiu. He doesn't want to imagine what his life would be like without her in it. As he was thinking this, Fengjiu sucked in a sharp breath. He looked up to see she had accidentally made a small cut on her hand while cutting some vegetables.

He was already making his way to her when Fengjiu washed the blood in the kitchen sink. "Are you hurt?" Donghua asked anxiously as he took her hand in his, inspecting the wound closely. Fengjiu smiled softly at his worried expression. "I'm fine. It's just a small cut." Donghua was already opening the first aid kit and putting medicine on her cut. He wrapped it with a band-aid and led her to sit on the counter.

"I'll cook. Just sit there and tell me what to do."

Fengjiu happily watched her husband follow her instructions in making her favorite sweet and sour fish. She silently watched him plate the food when she felt her heart ache. At first, she was afraid Donghua would regret marrying her. He seemed to be in a hurry, and she was scared he was marrying her for reasons other than loving her. After a while of living together, she realized he was such an attentive and overprotective husband. He told her that he loved her all the time, as if afraid she wouldn't believe it.

A sweet smile rose on her lips as Donghua made his way to her. "Husband..."

Donghua gave a start. She has never called him that before. Although they have been married for a while, she always called him by his name. His heart warmed up at her words. Husband... I am Jiu'er's husband.

"Mm?"

Fengjiu pressed a kiss to his lips, "I love you."

Donghua gave a start before breaking out into a heart-stopping smile. He wrapped his arms around Fengjiu and spun her around. Her giggles echoed in their home before he finally stopped to press a kiss to her forehead.

"Jiu'er I love you. I'll always love you, in every life and in every world."

In every life, In every world, you're the one I love the most.

Final Author's Note:

SURPRISE!!!!!! I WROTE A SHORT SPIN-OFF FOR OUR DONGFENG <3

I really hope you guys enjoyed it. It's around... 6000+ words! So it's a short story ;) 

I would like to say thank you to everyone who has been supporting this fanfiction. You guys are amazing. There are people that have been commenting since the start, there are new comers that started commenting as well, and there is on thing in common in all your comments. They all encourage me so much!!! I would never have had the motivation to finish this book without them! Who knew I could write 35 chapters + 5 specials??? I certainly didn't!!! 

Thank you for reading my book, voting, and commenting. I'm so happy that I found a place where I can share my love for Dongfeng!

I have a.... confession. I only watched Eternal Love of Dream fully, not TMOPB. I was busy in school so I was only able to watch ELOD a few months into quarantine. After finishing it, I was in love with Donghua and Fengjiu's story. I read the novel next and ofund out they had a different story in TMOPB (which I haven't watched.... I know...). So I tried to watch it! I  actually didn't finish watching Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms. I KNOW PLEASE DON'T HATE ME :( It was just not my type... I know it's very popular and well loved, but I didn't enjoy it like I thought I would. Instead, I was intrigued by Fengjiu and Donghua Dijun's story. I'm not ashamed to admit that............ I skipped all the episodes except their scenes~  It was SO different from ELOD and I was heartbroken to find out they don't have a happy ending unlike in ELOD. So... This fanfic was born!  I truly truly love Dongfeng <3 

I hope you guys continue to support my next fanfic! I will... post the prologue tomorrow! Stay tuned guys~ This is the last ever chapter I'm posting on this book so please keep your eyes open for the next one ;) 

A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU!!! I'M SO HAPPY I WAS ABLE TO MOVE YOUR DONGFENG HEARTS! I REALLY REALLY LOVE YOU ALL! STAY SAFE AND HEALTHY! 

- Yunxi

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 3.1K 26
based on Eternal love of dream cdrama. A fanfiction. 🦊Bai Feng Jiu 💜Dong hua Dijun The story is after Feng Jiu found out that Dijun don't intend...
66.9K 1.7K 25
A love story about a goddess who falls in love with the heavenly king(Dong Hua Dijun), who is cold and distanced who doesn't care about the things of...
33.8K 1.3K 33
Dong Hua has grown bored with life other than the occasional threat to the realms. Until a girl saves him. He decides to keep her as a maid to watch...
119K 2.4K 29
It had been 300 years since Bai Fengjiu was crown as the Queen of QingQiu. She was said to be extremely beautiful and graceful only second to her Aun...