supernaturals [nct 127 x rea...

By universaja

More

[prolouge.]
[1]
[2]
[3]
[4]
[5]
[6]
[7]
[8]
[9]
[10]
[11]
[12]
[13]
[14]
[15]
[16]
[17]
[18]
[19]
[20]
[21]
[22]
[23]
[24]
[25]
[26]
[27]
[28]
[29]
[30]
[31]
[32]
[33]
[34]
[35]
[36]
[37]
[38]
[39]
[40]
[41]
[42]
[43]
[44]
[45]
[46]
[47]
[48]
[49]
[50]
[52]
[53]
[54]
[55]
[56]
[57]
[58]
[59]
[60]
[61]
[62]
[63]
[64]
[65]
[66]
[67]
[68]
[69]
[70]
[71]
[72]
[73]
[74]
[75]
[76]
[77]
[78]
[79]
[80]
[81]
[82]
[83]
[84]
[85]
[86]
[87]
[88]
[89]
[90]
[91]
[92]
[93]
[94]
[95]
[96]
[97]
[98]
[99]
[100]
[101]
[102]
[103]
[104]
[105]
[106]
[107]
[108]
[109]
[110]: The Last Chapter
Ncity Lobby

[51]

3.6K 196 88
By universaja

c h a p t e r - f i f t y o n e

The discussion didn't took long like what you expected. They easily decided to make you sleep with Mai and later on explained that its part of their tradition.

When having a meeting with Supernaturals only, the other guests who are not part of it should undergo the same thing you'll be doing, and that is the preparation. In this case, you're somehow part of their world for turning to be a mysterious Protector but of course you aren't officially part of the group. Neither of you were sure about the Protector thing.

You don't understand what this is all about but hoped you'll get answers from Mai herself.

Taeyong zipped the bag close. "All done. Here's your toothbrush, sweaters, extra clothed, but also! um-"

You chuckled, snatching the bag away from him. "Taeyong-ah, I'm not a kid going to a camping. I just need to spend a day then we can meet again, at the Ball."

"That's what makes me worry," He snatched back and kicked the bag towards Jaehyun. It suddenly floated, following behind Jaehyun who's making his way at the compartment. "Let's go."

Taeyong will be the one driving you to Mai's house where you'll be staying.

"Hey, by the way," Jungwoo suddenly appeared at the front door.

"What? Are you gonna ask to join on bringing her to Mai's house?" Taeyong scoffed. "Didn't we talk about this that I should be the only one-"

"Shh! I wasn't gonna ask about that." Jungwoo rolled his eyes. He then looked at you who's watching him timidly. "How are you feeling?"

You scrunched your face and grinned. "That's so random."

Jungwoo grinned along although visible confusion can be seen all over his face.

You decided to be serious and answered him. "Nothing much. Just somehow.. excited?"

"Really?" Jungwoo scratched his head. "I can't sense your emotions. I don't know why."

Taeyong patted his back. "Jungwoo-ah, you're tired. Remember that we used all your abilities for the past two days?"

Your ears perked. "He did? Why didn't I knew about this?"

"Well, its not that much. We used it while we were guarding outside Mai's place to see if it is safe or predict their plans, and it turns out that its safe for you." Taeyong grinned before looking to Jungwoo and ruffling his hair. "Don't think about it too much. You're probably drained. Get some rest so you'll have enough energy tomorrow."

Jungwoo tilted his head, half not yet convinced. "I'm sure I'm not drained, hyung. I don't feel weak at all."

"We will talk about it later. We should get going so Mai can prepare her," Taeyong once again grabbed your hand and pulled you towards where the car is waiting. He raised his brows to Jaehyun and smiled. "Thanks for the help. I'll be back fast. Make sure to watch them."

"You sound like a Mother, and we're not kids." Jaehyun replied back, stroking your head.

Taeyong gave a scowl. "Excuse me but I'm the one being caring here."

"Okay, seems like you guys are gonna fight, I'll be waiting inside." You shook your head, acting disappointed while entering the front seat.

Jaehyun's playful expression all disappeared once you got inside. He quickly pulled Taeyong at the compartment where you can't hear them and jerked his head. "Do you think it's really safe to make her stay at Mai's place?"

"Everyone is worried and I know we don't trust anyone than ourselves, but Mai has no sides. Once you ask a special favor to her, she'll do it." Taeyong whispered. "Besides, we need her. If Mai won't get her prepared, Y/N will be in more risk."

Jaehyun wanted to argue more but was matured enough to get over it. They've been doing it since last night that you actually fell asleep in their Meeting Room.

He instead tapped Taeyong's shpulder. "Yeah, take care driving."

After being stopped by the two other guys, Taeyong finally got to drive you towards the place. You were quietly watching the streets while he was in his own world, unsure yet having no choice.

Taeyong then decided to break the comfortable silence. "Hey, Y/N. You have to do something while you're in there."

Your head turned from the window to him who's giving you glances. "Is that a mission?"

"Somehow. But it should be easy." Taeyong luckily got stopped into a traffic light making it easy for him to divert his full attention to you and look at you in the eye, looking so serious. "Don't ever tell your name, okay?"

"Why not?"

"Because its dangerous."

"But you guys said that it is safe there?"

"Just don't tell them anything about you. We never know what actually lies behind her friendly smile," Taeyong looked ahead the road once again. "We never talked with anyone in Supernatural world for ten years. We never know if they have some other things planned for us."

You glanced at him silently, examining his face. You felt sorry for them. Their life will surely be different if they have a good bond with those people.

Taeyong smirked. "My side profile is actually good. It's all yours, you can keep enjoying it- AW!"

Well, you just smack his head lightly to get off that annoying smirk off him.

He pouted, no longer wearing that smirk. "I was just.."

"Are we near?" You ignored his childish act when you noticed you are currently in an unfamiliar road.

Taeyong made a face but quickly removed it when you look at him in anticipation. He pulled the innocent smile. "Yup."

You went by yourself and got the bag at the back. His playfulness all once again disappeared and turned serious, just like Yuta when he's with you.

"I'll carry it," He calmly said then hanging the sling to his shoulders. He grabbed your hand and pulled you gently after closing the compartment.

You once again peeked at him. "Is this their house? It's huge."

"Let me remind you again, don't tell your name." Despite your admirable movements, Taeyong managed not to pay attention to those and remain professional on being serious.

You pouted quietly while trailing behind. He pressed the doorbell for a few minutes before it opened by itself.

A lady appeared, seeming like the same person behind Mai at the place you were when with Yuta. She bowed down while the two of you did the same.

"Where's she?" Taeyong looked around, slightly glaring.

"Miss Mai is currently bus-"

"I don't care. We made a deal to talk first before I let Y/N enter this place." His voice was demanding, and impatient.

You quickly grabbed his arm softly. "Hey, calm down."

"It's okay, it's okay. I am sorry for delay!" Mai finally appeared. "You're already mad, Taeyong. Ah ha, I know! Because you brought this pretty lady here!" Mai clasped her hands.

"You remember our favor, right?" He questioned sharply.

You couldn't stop yourself and finally asked about it. "What was it?"

"Oh, Taeyong wants me not to let anyone enter this place." Mai laughed. "I already told you-"

"Yah. This is not some kind of joke. Stop laughing." He bluntly said. The first time you met him is back.

Taeyong practically shoved the bag to one of Mai's seemingly assistant at the back. You gasp and harshly slapped his back but fortunately was soundless.

"Taeyong, I said calm the shit down." You whispered.

"I'm leaving. I need to go back immediately." He ignored your lecture. Instead, he grabbed both your arms and kissed your forehead. His grip softened and so did his voice. "You'll probably be afraid. But don't worry, always remember we are somehow around you."

You smiled while closing your eyes. "Mmm."

He finally got to leave as you watch his car closely. It suddenly felt so unfamiliar. You felt like a small child being left at a daycare.

"Soooo, you mind coming in?" Mai accompanied quickly.

You didn't answer and just quietly nodded. You made your way with her leading infront. She started introducing what and who's around.

"This is Ji and this is Ku. We all have short names, you can say." Mai chuckled although it wasn't funny at all.

You shrugged. You were suddenly convinced of what Yuta said that she's 251 years old. The way she welcomes a visitor and carries on a conversation seems like it.

"We cooked some human meals for lunch, do you want some?" Ku showed you the table.

You just spare a minute glance on it before looking away again then shaking your head. Although the guys didn't tell you anything like food poisoning, you just can't help but to be suspicious.

Yes, you are back with the typical 'you' on the other side.

"Have a seat! The couch is over there! We will be eating lunch first." She enthusiastically said.

You just nodded while finally getting to comfortably plop yourself. You glanced around the house and no matter how you think. It just looks like a normal human owns it.

Ji suddenly called out while you were examining, concerned on how you were quiet. "We have some rooms upstairs if you want to sleep. You might be uncomfortable around creatures likes us, not humans."

"No. I don't get comfortable with anyone immediately. Especially humans." You replied with pauses, still reserved.

They all grinned along your reply. Ku then continued speaking. "I'm surprised you got along with the guys. They are actually not that sociable too."

"Mmm. It took a long time," You whispered the last part. After all, it might be an important note they shouldn't know.

"Do you have any questions?" Mai chimed along, hoping to ease you being uncomfortable.

Your ears perked. "Am I the only one you'll be preparing at the Ball? I'm guessing there are other woman attending."

"Ahh. That is actually what's weirding me out with Taeyong and the others. They already know but it seems like they forget- they probably forgot." Mai smiled cheekily. "When we have this kind of events, each muse or even escort— anyone not part of the official group undergoes a one day preparation or even two days sometimes. So, it's obvious that we will be keeping you safe here. Besides, they got the safest choice. Other intruders can't even visit our place because it will make them dissipate."

"That's possible?" Your eyes widened.

Ji raised her thumb. "Yup! Only few Supernaturals go to us because they afraid they will disappear just by touching. Like.. duh! We can control it!"

You scoffed, remembering how they overreact for nothing when it was just a normal thing for them.

"Also, they can't get close to you because despite the secured safety, there are still some Supernaturals who's strong just like them. They might sense an unfamiliar scent and they will easily assume it's Taeyong and his brothers. It's been awhile since his group talked to us." Mai nodded to herself. "This is why you also need to be alone for now, with us."

You nodded softly, forgetting the fact that their case is mostly different to others. And that is probably the reason why they were worried and paranoid.

~~~

"Here's your pillow. Do you need anything else?" Mai passed you a comforter. "Do you need more-"

"No, I'm good. Thank you." You smiled while putting down the soft things at the ground.

There's no bed inside Mai's house despite of how modern their lifestyle is. They claim that it's an uncomfortable thing to do.

"Just call us on the other room if you need anything." Mai winked, making you slightly crack a smile. "Don't be afraid. You are all safe here!"

You just watched her leave the place while grinning to atleast remove the negative vibe. As soon as she closed the door, you dropped at the hard ground and sighed worriedly. It's a different feeling alone, once again.

There's no Johnny who will be crushing you with hugs until you get tired and eventually fall asleep.

No Yuta who will repeatedly ask what's bothering you when he sees your frown atleast once when you're literally just sleepy.

No Jaehyun who's actually the one who kept on staring while you prepare to get to bed.

No Mark who teaches you random words in another language while you doze off.

No Sicheng who destroys your hair just to make you annoyed to sleep.

No Jungwoo who kept doing physical contacts because he just feels happy with it.

No late night martial arts with Donghyuck because he won't let you live in peace and he actually enjoys seeing your mad face.

No Doyoung who sneaks for snacks in the middle of the night with you.

No Taeil who teases how child like you are but actually had stacks of book just beside him.

No Taeyong who turns into total softie and asks for your hug, he actually sleeps first most of the time.

You suddenly stopped your trail of thoughts and shook your head. "Ah, seriously. Why am I bothered about that?"

You buried your face in your palms. Back then, the only thing that worries you is when your father isn't home yet. But nothing else adds up while you grow.

"Well.. not until now." You ruffled your hair, tossing at the mat while thinking of other things.

You glanced at the window that was slightly open, the moon shining bright.

Deep behind everything that was made in this planet, lies different from human creatures.

Aside from the guys, one of them is.. Ten and his group.

You already clarified things with Taeyong and the others, yes, but something about Ten and his brothers make you really want to ask about it. Your instincts kept insisting something has to be done.

In the middle of your unstoppable trail of thoughts, an air blow behind your back.

You froze on your spot, slightly growing in fear.

What if what worries them is actually true? What if an intruder managed to enter?

"Y/N," The voice carefully whispered, sounding like it doesn't want anyone to hear other than you.

You intertwined your trembling hands and took a deep breath, overthinking if you should check or not.

"Y/N," It called again and you can easily feel how it slowly comes in your direction.

You shut your eyes and prepared to see, gathering all your courage just so you will be able to fight instinctively even you know that you'll be nothing against another Supernatural creature.

It's actually a miracle how you survived when the guys caught you and locked you up in a basement.

You quickly spun around and  smack the person with your fist that you're not even sure if it will work. However, you failed when you noticed it was no longer there.

A voice on your side grunted, still whispering saying, "It's Taeil!"

Your eyebrows met and you hastily turned to his direction. "Taeil?!-"

"Shh! Mai shouldn't know about me." Taeil calmly said while panting. He glanced at you softly then sighed. "Good thing you always smack me, I'm now used to teleporting before you hit-"

"Yah. You're making me seem like a bad person." You grimaced. "Why are you here?"

"I.. I just figured out you probably won't be able to sleep tonight easily because of new surroundings so.. I brought a book." Taeil slowly showed his palm that holds a book. "Uhmm.. yeah. Here."

Your eyes sparkled while looking at him, finding it absolutely sweet. You were ready to engulf him in a hug but he back away.

"We're not allowed to do physical contacts, I might leave scent." He batted his eyelids. "Yeah, go to sleep, and uhh.. goodnight."

You smirked. "Why are you acting so awkward?"

"Because I am currently not allowed to visit you." Your eyes widened while Taeil stood up. He puckered his lips cutely and blew you a kiss, making a wide smile drew in your face. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight." You whispered.

In a blink, he disappeared into thin smoke. You can't stop smiling now while recalling how sweet and cute Taeil was.

▪︎

▪︎

▪︎

▪︎

▪︎

Today is the day.

You got your gown suit you perfectly but for the meantime, Mai focused on your look as well as your hairstyle.

She made a braid which somehow represents a crown at the front look. There are strands of your baby hair that shows. She then pulled it up in to soft curls There were also little pearls surrounding your hair and you yourself couldn't react on how you look. A necklace hung around your neck, an eye catcher to your evident collarbone.

Mai looked at you with eyes sparkling. "You look so beautiful!"

Ji cupped her cheeks. "You get more prettier while we finish!"

You giggled. "Thanks." That was all you can say because they have been complimenting you everytime they got one of the things done.

"And finally! Before the car gets to escort you to the Ball!" Ku's voice rung behind. She pulled the long black curtain and revealed the gown.

It has a black and red shade, making it more alluring and perfectly fitting your makeup. Although red is visible, black is the dominating color. It has a thin lace and exposes your back together with the front having a V-design. It wasn't a ball gown but not that fitted too, enough to make you feel comfortable. You're also wearing a black inch heel, not needing too high.

Well, aside from the exposed part of your back. Sure, your long hair can cover it but still.

Mai clapped softly. "Hurry up and get chaged so we can adjust if there are some mistakes in this dress."

"Umm.. are the guys also ready now?" You asked while the three of them waited outside the fitting room.

"Yes, everyone's at the venue now. You'll be riding the car first then eventually, one of them will escort you." Mai answered.

Your heart pounded uncontrollably. This was your first time and thinking about the guys adds up the incredible pumps from your heart.

"Look at this beauty!" Ji exclaimed as soon as you open the door.

You smiled shyly while Mai and Ku quickly fixed other details as well as styling your hair. They all stared at you as soon as they were done and admired all of it.

You cleared your throat, definitely shy to speak but needs to. "Uhmm.. am I supposed to go now?"

They all blinked back in reality and their expression shows realization. They quickly scattered while you laughed softly.

Numerous reminder was being told while you went outside with the help of them for you not to mess up your look. Mai finally got to calm down once you were seated inside the car with her personal driver. She smiled sincerely.

"If anything happens, you know what to do." She eyed you in a very meaningful way.

You nodded. "Of course. Thanks for everything, Mai."

"Oh! I almost forgot! Here's your phone to contact the guys." Ji appeared and passed you the gadget.

You repeatedly thanked them until the car slowly droves off. You quietly opened the phone and surprisingly just in sync someone texted.

1 new message from Lee Donghyuck.

Hey.

Haechannie will come and escort
you.

Are you near?

Mmm. I'm almost
near..

I think?

Tell the driver to
be faster I wanna see u

You no longer respond after that text of his and you can tell he spammed you by the sound of notification continuously ringing.

|     |     |     |     |

a/n:

i might be updating this late but still, rest in peace, taeyong's dog. ruby.

also, jungwoo best boy.

if you are in school or just basically breathing in your workplace or house, don't push yourself too do it all at once. hwaiting

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.3K 128 12
This is a story about forbidden love. This is the first book in the trilogy. Follow Katherine Conway and her twin brother on the adventure of going f...
4.7M 253K 34
Those who were taken... They never came back, dragged beneath the waves never to return. Their haunting screams were a symbol of their horrific death...
3.9M 158K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...
155K 8.5K 41
[the enemy of my enemy is my friend] a game of cards, a game of two organisations. in which there is more than meets the eye. ...