To Love Somebody - Jodie Whit...

By ThatWhittakerFan

We've all had that crazy celebrity crush when we were young. You may have had a fan account or three, perhaps... More

Notes, playlist and other stuff (skip if you want)
Prolouge
Chapter Two

Chapter One

442 10 17
By ThatWhittakerFan

WARNINGS: Swearing, mild.

*fifteen years later*

Ring ring! Ring ring!

I rolled over and groaned, desperately trying to stretch my body as the bright light of day stung my eyes.

Ring ring! Ring ring!

My blankets slid clumsy off the bed and I shivered at the cold. I glanced at my clock. Only 7am? Who was awake at 7am?

Ring ring! Ring ring!

I wrapped myself up tightly in my dressing gown and sleepily walked through the hallway and over the landline, which vibrated violently in it's holder.

"What?"

"Y/N! I tried your mobile and it went straight to voicemail. You need to keep that thing charged."

"Sorry, who's this?"

"Max, your hardly-used, coffee-obsessed, never-respected acting agent?"

"Oh, hello. Funny, I thought you were my grandmother." I sighed. "What do you want at this time? I was having a really nice dream."

"About who? That celebrity crush you told me you've had since you were a teenager?" he joked.

"Maybe. Why?"

There was a pause. A long pause. It was so silent on the other end of the phone that I could hear the dawn chorus outside. And I lived in a flat.

"Max?"

"You're never gonna believe this!"

"Hit me."

"Your audition request's been accepted!" Max almost squealed.

"Audition? Audition for what?" My mind went blank.

"Oh come on Y/N! You must remember!"

"Nope."

"Doctor Who!"

I stopped. Closing my eyes, I held onto the bathroom door handle for support. It backfired as I realised it wasn't closed, sending me onto the cold, hard tiles with a head bang and an elbow bruise. My heartbeat pounded in my ears so hard I got a huge headache. Trembling, I gulped some air to try to and at least get my breath back.

What.

"Y/N? Y/N are you there?"

I swallowed, not bothered to get up. "Uh, yeah, yeah I'm.......here. What did you say again?"

"You got the audition. For Doctor Who."

"Yeah. Okay." I mumbled. "Holy shit."

"Yeah holy shit. Don't get too hopeful though. There could be actors that are much better than.."

"When is it? And where?"

"Some studio in Cardiff, ten past one, on the 10th Oct...oh come on."

"Oh, I'm so sorry Max! But, please, this is a huge thing for me." I pleaded.

"But you promised! It's my 30th too!"

"Pretty please? Day after?"

".............Fine. I'll call them up now."

"Thank you!"

"It's my job, Y/N, I have no choice."

"Stop being moody. I have to go and see what I'm going to wear. Oh, and text me the details please."

"You're so lucky to live in the Doctor Who capital, honestly you are. It'll come in pretty useful when you're working."

"That's if I get the job, Max."

"Don't down yourself. But, remember, they can tell when you're freaking out, so try not to be stressed."

"Thanks."

"Good luck! Though you won't need it."

"I will."

"No, you won't."

"Yes, I will."

"No, you won't."

"Yes, I will."

"Y/N.."

"Max.."

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————

A/N: The scene used in this audition I'm hoping to maybe use in a fanfic or just sci fi story so please don't use it thank you. And I know it's kinda similar to It Takes You Away so sorry but it's one of my little conspiracy theories.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————

I nervously drummed my fingers on my thighs, with my other I bit my nails. The clock ticked loudly as it came up to twenty past one. It was just me sat among the green cotton chairs and coffee table with a pile of magazines and a crossword book.

Why was it taking so long? Had they just forgotten about me? Wrong time? Had they sent the wrong time deliberately?

The gusts slammed the doors open and shut over and over letting in the cold breeze and rain, in contrast with the clear sun outside. I moved next to the radiator and pulled my coat closer, embracing the heat.

Maybe I wasn't a good actor. Maybe I just wasn't right for it. Maybe they all just hated-

"Y/N L/N?"

That Yorkshire accent made me jump and I looked up, shifting into a less childish position. Jodie Whittaker had her head popped round the door with a big grin on her face and her eyes sparkled from across the room.

Okay. Don't be stupid Y/N, don't say anything stupid, don't be nervous, don't go and hug her or anything that's just silly, don't be all fangirly. Make a good first impression, make a good first impression.

"Sorry, it is you, isn't it? Have I got the wrong person?" she asked, the smile dropping to defeat.

"I'm Y/N, sorry, I'm just..." I got all hot and quickly gathered my things, my hands shaking.

"It's okay!"

"It's not...I'm keeping you waiting, sorry I'm just so...."

"Nervous?" she looked me straight in the eyes. I let out a small gasp without thinking and she must've noticed, immediately looking away at the clock. "Don't worry, we're all really nice. You'll be fine once you get into it."

Jodie gestured down a corridor and I followed, my nails digging into my sweating palms. I walked behind her, trying desperately not to accidentally bump into her, or lag too far behind. Thankfully, she didn't catch me gawping at her like a complete idiot.

Once I'd added my belongings to a hook by the door she guided me to the stage. Everything already seemed set up, ready for me to mess up. I shuffled up and put on a nice smile.

"Hi, Y/N, how are you? That's your name, isn't it?" asked one of the directors.

"Yeah, and I'm fine thank you." I gulped, fiddling.

"And what's your age Y/N?"

"29."

"Bit scared?"

"A bit, yeah." I bit my lip hard.

"Just do your best. The floor's yours!"

I did a quick nod. Jodie was off to the side, in costume, and she gave me a smile and thumbs up. I smiled back and took a deep breath as the lights dimmed and I moved into place.

"Yep, bye Mum. I love you too, bye." I put my phone down on top of my tower of work and sighed a little. No free time tonight.

I looked around. This place was a mess. Yesterday's dirty clothes were chucked over the chair and onto the floor, over screwed up pieces of paper, a big collection of them over where I'd kicked my bin over in frustration.

Sitting down, I closed my eyes, my head in my hands. Come on, two more months. Just another few weeks. Then you're done. Two months is eight weeks, is 56 days. 56 days isn't that long.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK!

My head snapped up at the door. Right, I thought, no ones in your dorm, because only you and Emily have the keys, so she wouldn't have to knock anyway. And you're on the third floor, so no one can be at your window. So, where?

I walked over and looked outside just in case and, satisfied it was just an invisible fly trying to get out, set to return to my desk where the pile of papers scowled at me.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK!

It happened again, before I could even reach my seat. I stopped, mid-step, balancing almost on one foot and looking straight ahead.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK!! "Hello?"

I almost fell in surprise as an unfamiliar voice accompanied the knocking. There was only one possible place that I hadn't checked. But, it was somewhere that was completely impossible.

Slowly, I turned around and came eye to eye with a woman with a blonde bob brushing her chin and a long light grey overcoat covering a navy top with rainbow stripes across her chest.

On the other side of the mirror.

When she saw me she pressed her hands against the glass and signalled for me to come closer. I made a check behind me and walked over, unable to stop my mouth from hanging open. I placed my fingers against it too, raising an eyebrow.

"Can you hear me?" she asked.

"Uh, yeah." I answered. "How did.."

"Great! I'm the Doctor, you are?"

"Rowan. But I don't get how I'm not.."

"I know, you've got a hoard of questions, but I need you to help me."

"With what exactly?"

"Cut! Thanks ladies!"

For a few seconds, Jodie and I held eye contact between the misted glass, her hazel eyes against my E/C ones. The corners of her mouth curved into a small smile and she licked them with a single move. She moved her fingers to where mine were, still keeping our gaze locked. The hairs on the back my neck stood up and I breathed in through my nose, out through my mouth. In, out. In, out. In..

"Haha! You blinked!" she laughed after pulling a funny face, making me jump. The atmosphere switched instantly and I looked at my knees as we sat down on the stage steps, just a few inches away.

Just a few inches away from Jodie Whittaker, the celebrity crush you've had for years.

"Hey! Not fair." I murmured.

"Sorry, I couldn't resist." she chuckled.

"I'm not very good at it anyway." I shrugged.

"Really? You lasted a while."

"You did. You're probably an expert on it.." I looked over at her and her eyes flitted to mine before moving down again.

"Not usually, especially at staring contests. Let alone other stuff. I get pretty nervous, believe me."

".....Other..stuff?" I gulped. Stop letting your dirty mind run away with you. Keep your mouth shut.

"I said that? Well....I just meant staring contests."

"Okay."

"They're....probably gonna need me in a minute. See you around?"

"Yeah. Bye."

"Good luck."

"Thanks."

I watched as she hopped down the steps and over to the directors, her hair bobbing up and down as she did. She chatted away to them all as I left, grabbing my coat and bag, glancing back again before leaving the room.

"Wait, Y/N!" Jodie caught up with me. I turned around. She looked a little out of breath. "Have seen my phone on the floor anywhere?"

"No, sorry." I apologised. "Is it gone?"

"Completely. I thought I'd put it in my...costume but it's not there, or in my bag. It doesn't seem to be anywhere."

"I haven't seen it, sorry."

"And all their phones have gone and died......." She bit her lip and tapped her foot on the ground. "Could you call it for me?"

"Er, sure." I rummaged quickly in my bag, feeling Jodie's eyes on me. "Here, just type it in."

"Thanks!" She typed on the keypad and held it up to her ear. I watched and heard it ring six times, before she ended the call, handing it back and frowning.

"Sorry about that." I swallowed.

"It's okay. Stupid Jods went and put it on mute."

"You're not.." I began but I got cut off. "Well, more searching then for me then. Bye Y/N."

My heart fluttered a little. "Bye."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

446K 9.3K 36
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
304K 17.4K 69
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
399K 14K 88
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
1M 42.1K 85
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC