Psycho Pass: Redemption (UPDA...

By meli-r

In a society where one's psychological state is quantified by the Psycho Pass-a numerical definition of the s... More

Psycho Pass: Redemption
1 (UPDATED)
2 (UPDATED)
3 (UPDATED)
4 (UPDATED)
5 (UPDATED)
6 (UPDATED)
7 (UPDATED)
8 (UPDATED)
9 (UPDATED)
10 (UPDATED)
11 (UPDATED)
12 (UPDATED)
13 (UPDATED)
15 (UPDATED)
16 (UPDATED)
17 (UPDATED)
18 (UPDATED)
19 (UPDATED)
20 (UPDATED)
21 (UPDATED)

14 (UPDATED)

142 7 1
By meli-r

Rikako's hand danced gently over the paper, her gaze flickering between the seated figure in the distance and her sketch. She pondered whether any details needed adjustment or if she should continue as is. The hand proved the most challenging, its analytical pose accentuating the allure of the thin lips and slightly pointed nose. Silver eyes narrowed, bathed in the streaming daylight from the wide classroom window, and a faint smile graced her subject's face.

"Ever since our encounter with that classmate, your smile seems to be a constant," Rikako remarked in a hushed tone.

Yashiro's gaze remained fixed on the sky.

"It saddens me to witness young girls burdened with the societal pressure of marriage and childbearing..."

"Our views on Oso Academy's educational stance appear to align," Rikako mused, lowering her gaze. "It's perplexing, isn't it? In an era where women have the chance to transcend the roles of their predecessors, who were primarily defined by motherhood. Parenthood carries immense responsibility. Choosing to become a parent is akin to sacrificing oneself for the sake of a child's life, wherein the end becomes the child."

A weighty silence hung between them. Yashiro's lips parted slightly as a soft smile graced her face.

"But you're still a teenager!" Yashiro furrowed her brows and shook her head. "Who'll care for you in old age? You might change your mind in a few years and settle down, have kids..."

Their exchange culminated in shared smiles and laughter. Yashiro rose to her feet and approached Rikako.

"Oh, uh, that's... it's not finished yet," Rikako said.

Yashiro halted before the portrait, studying her own likeness. Her eyes met Rikako's, who returned the gaze with a smile. The sudden sound of a door swinging open shattered the moment.

"Takahashi-san! Uh... am I interrupting something?"

Yashiro's smile faded, attention drawn to the voice. A young woman with brown hair tied in a ponytail stood at the doorway, hesitating to enter. She was a classmate named Hamada Saori.

"Not at all! Please, come in."

After a brief pause, Hamada entered, a smile forming. As she approached, her gaze shifted between Yashiro and Rikako, with Yashiro positioned before Rikako.

"Apologies if I'm intruding, but have you heard about the murder?"

Yashiro glanced to the side, her mind retracing its steps to the image of politician Ryoji Hashida. She recalled seeing photos of a restaurant garden, and since then, chaos had enveloped the news. The man had sent shockwaves through society. Regaining her composure, she turned her attention back to Hamada.

"What about it?"

Hamada's eyes widened, her skin paling. Her gaze remained fixed on the floor as she hesitated.

"I don't know if it's true, but... rumors are circulating. Word has it that the Public Safety Bureau is investigating the academy, searching for an insider."

Yashiro arched an eyebrow, allowing silence to stretch within the classroom. She glanced at Rikako, confirming her similar reaction.

Though Oso Academy imposed numerous restrictions, it remained susceptible due to its conservative nature. Technological advancements and science burgeoned, yet security cameras remained absent. Yashiro exhaled slowly.

"Is anyone else aware of this?" Rikako inquired, looking up.

Hamada shook her head.

"Media outlets may await a psycho hazard to make headlines. The academy might enact its standard containment measures against viral news," Yashiro noted.

"Nevertheless, I'll try to alert others," Hamada responded, gaze lowered as she bit her lip. "At least to keep their eyes open."

"A wise decision. Seek out Hisakawa Izumi. She can help you bypass the academy's security for information. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Hamada-san."

After a moment, Hamada nodded and offered a smile. Yashiro relaxed her expression. Hamada hurried to the door, pausing before exiting to address the two students once more.

"Takahashi-san, please stay safe."

Yashiro nodded. As Hamada left the classroom, Yashiro's gaze remained fixed on the floor, replaying the earlier conversation in her mind.

"Trouble in paradise?" Rikako raised an eyebrow.

Hamada's departure cast a thoughtful hush over the space. The sunlight, a fleeting visitor through the window, played gently upon the floor, its warm hues intermingling with the polished wood. The atmosphere seemed charged with a sense of apprehension, lingering like a delicate shadow in the air.

In the heart of Oso Academy, the library beckoned, its shelves lined with knowledge that whispered through the ages. The towering bookcases, guardians of wisdom, held secrets both ancient and new. Makishima traversed the quiet aisles with purpose, his steps deliberate as he navigated the labyrinth of bound intellect.

"I've seen what you've done," Makishima remarked, his voice a mere murmur, a fragment of curiosity that floated amidst the rows of tomes. The library was bathed in a soft, warm glow as sunlight filtered through the large windows, casting gentle rays of light that danced across the polished floors.

Sitting with his legs apart and his elbows resting on the armrests, Touma was a portrait of casual elegance. His wrinkled white shirt was rolled up at the forearms, revealing a glimpse of his strong wrists, while a red tie was neatly tucked under a black vest. Dark pants and dress shoes completed the ensemble, exuding a blend of confidence and nonchalance. His eyes were narrowed, fixed on another bookshelf, his attention captivated by the volumes that lined the wooden shelves.

"What have I done?" Touma stretched back in the armchair, his body settling comfortably into the plush upholstery. He leaned his head against the backrest and looked up at the ceiling, his gaze unfocused yet contemplative. As the soft lamplight above cast gentle shadows on his features, the subtle play of light and shadow seemed to emphasize the lines of his expression.

Makishima's gaze remained steady, "I wanted to understand what I was seeing before I laid eyes on you again."

"What have you decided, then?" Touma's lips curved into a thoughtful smile, his fingers idly twirling a black pen between them.

"It's beautiful," Makishima blinked, his voice lower, his eyes momentarily drifting to a distant thought that seemed to shimmer within the sunlight's embrace. "But now they're looking for you."

"I don't think I can stop," Touma's response held a mixture of determination and resignation, his voice echoing through the book-lined corridor as a faint echo.

"I don't want you to. But they'll find you. It's just a matter of when," Makishima lowered his face, his voice resonating with a hint of gravity.

"Life is only given once, won't you make the most of it? Tell me, what clings to you now? I hardly ever see you smile."

"For the first time in years, I see the possibility of a friendship," Makishima admitted, his words infused with an air of contemplation. The dim light seemed to catch the glint in his eyes, revealing a hint of vulnerability beneath his enigmatic exterior.

"I'm glad to hear that. Is there someone new in your life?" Touma inquired, his gaze still trained on the ceiling, as if searching for answers among the patterns in the architecture.

"I met a woman. Very much like me. We have the same hobbies and views of the world. But I'm not interested in friendship. I'm curious about her. And that made me reflect on the concept of friendship."

"Who got the golden ticket?"

"Strangely, a student of this academy. Her name is Takahashi Yashiro. She's nothing like me. Yet she's able to understand my point of view."

"It's reassuring to find someone who can see us, Shougo-kun."

"If there is one thing I have to thank you for, it's for helping me understand what I want from a friendship... and what I don't."

"Someone who earns your friendship, not kneels for it."

"Is she the one you were talking about the other day?"

"I met her one day near the end of class when she asked me a question I would have been proud to hear from a law student. It was a question related to the philosophy of law. The charismatic one of the group, yet she kept to herself. The problematic child who got the best grades in the class and knew many things, but didn't like to draw attention," Touma narrowed his eyes, his gaze shifting to the ceiling as he reminisced with a dreamy expression. The sunlit ambiance seemed to infuse his words with a touch of nostalgia.

"Yet, there's a certain beauty in her presence," Makishima mused, his gaze drifting towards a distant corner of the library where light filtered through a high window, casting a faint glow on the wooden floor. "An intriguing enigma, much like a rare manuscript waiting to be deciphered."

"She's a paradox, isn't she? A puzzle that challenges the conventional norms of our surroundings," Touma's lips curled into a half-smile, his fingers momentarily pausing their intricate dance with the pen.

"A puzzle worth solving," Makishima replied, his voice a mere breath in the silent expanse of the library. "But you possess a unique ability to unravel those complexities, to see beyond the surface and grasp the essence beneath."

"Ah, Shougo-kun, you've always had a way with words. But you speak as though you're an outsider observing a chess match. Are you merely a spectator, or do you plan to make a move?" Touma's eyes sparkled with a mixture of amusement and curiosity.

"Chess is a game of strategy, where every move has consequences. And as much as I may appear detached, I've always been known to play my pieces with purpose," Makishima's lips curved into a smile.

Touma chuckled softly, a melodious sound that echoed through the library's halls, "So, what role do you see Yashiro playing in this intricate game of yours?"

Makishima's gaze held a glint of intrigue, his eyes narrowing as if he were sifting through a myriad of possibilities. "For now, she's a muse, a source of inspiration that challenges my own perceptions, forcing me to question the very ideals I hold dear. Maybe someday she'll evolve into something more... substantial."

"And what do you seek in return, Shougo-kun? What drives you to extend your hand?" Touma leaned forward, his expression one of genuine interest.

Makishima's smile deepened, a glimmer of intrigue dancing in his eyes.

"Isn't it fascinating, how two minds can intertwine, sparking a synergy that propels both towards greater enlightenment?"

"In the end, Shougo-kun," Touma began, his voice a soft murmur. "Perhaps friendship is not about bending someone to your will, but rather, it's a delicate dance of minds, a harmonious exchange where both parties find resonance."

Amidst the rows of tomes and the gentle illumination of the sun's embrace, their eyes met and a soft, almost imperceptible smile curved Touma's lips, mirroring the one that graced Makishima's features.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.9K 2.4K 50
a freelance criminal attracts the attention of familiar faces highest rankings ○3rd in drug abuse ○1st in psycho pass (completed) (cover by uMOONu)
54.7K 3.5K 55
♡ when hanagaki takemichi unveils his newfound ability, he decides on avoiding one more death. all without knowing the consequences that come from it...
80.3K 3.2K 40
"𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥... 𝐑𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭?" ▶ 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧: An AU of (Y/n) (L/n) a 15 year old girl, also known as the...
40.1K 952 60
A young girl enters Hope's Peak academy filled with hope. Little did she know she would learn a shocking truth which might just push her to the edge...