Misunderstood

By CatherineAlexandra96

A story that talks about a girl who meets a boy...a boy that is well known in their town and a boy that every... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 12

27 17 2
By CatherineAlexandra96

                 As planned, on the next day, Alex got up quite early to go meet Lexi on the Milkshake, knowing it would be her there. Since she didn't want to face Tom, she tried to be as silent as possible, going downstairs after dressing some demin shorts and a white shirt. She put her hair in a messy bun and her Adidas sneakers and made her way to the kitchen, needing her coffee to wake up.

It was still early and she thought everyone in the house was sleeping. However, those thoughts changed once she heard the front door opening. Her heart started to beat faster, knowing exactly who it was. What she didn't know was that he didn't sleep at home. Obviously, he was drunk, as usual and Alex knew that by the way he was climbing the stairs, knowing he was dragging himself up. She kept herself quiet, until starting to hear things falling upstairs. She nod confused and made her way upstairs, finding her room door open. Tom was inside her room and once she got there, she saw him throwing her things down, including things that Alex had from Sophie.

- What the hell are you doing?? – Asked Alex quickly meeting him to stop Tom from what he was doing.

- I told you, you were going to pay for everything. – He said throwing everything to the ground, hearing some things breaking.

- Stop that shit! Leave me alone!! – She screamed, holding his arm strongly to see if she could make him stop what he was doing. – Get out of here!! Leave me alone!! You are destroying everything!!

- This is just the beginning honey and I will make sure you don't get to have anything of her. – He said, balancing a lot with how drunk he was.

- Get out!! Now!! I didn't do anything to you for you to be doing this! You are breaking important things!! – She screamed, looking to the floor and feeling pain in her heart with the things that were broken. – Out!!

After having Tom leaving her room, Alex was fast to lock it and look to the damage Tom caused to her things. The tears were streaming down her face as she saw loads of things broken and with no way of repair. While picking up the things, she couldn't stop crying, trying to fix them but with no success. However, she couldn't repair the broken things, she got everything in a box, saving everything she could. That was like ripping a part of Alex but she couldn't let Tom see how much that affected her so before leaving the house, she locked the room and kept the key with her, trying to make sure Tom wouldn't never get inside her rom without her permission. She knew it wasn't totally safe but at least it was something and for him to get inside he would need to break the door, which was something Alex wasn't seeing him doing.

As planned, she made her way to the Milkshake, needing to talk with Lexi about what happened on the previously day. Once Lexi saw Alex getting inside, she smiled, what made Alex smile back and walk towards the counter, letting Lexi finish her job, hoping she would meet her.

- Hey. – Lexi said after meeting Alex, seeing everything good in the Milkshake.

- Hey. – Smiled Alex as she looked at her, feeling a little nervous after what happened in the previous day.

- How are you? – Lexi asked a little concerned but not wanting to push too much from her.

- I am okay now. – Alex smiled. – And that is why I am here today. I wanted to say that I am sorry for leaving like that yesterday and for not saying anything to you anymore. – She said, touching her hands nervously as she looked at Lexi.

- You don't have to be sorry Alex. I just got worried after what happened yesterday, but you really don't need to be sorry. – Said Lexi, smiling, meaning her words.

- I do need to be sorry and that is why I came here. I think you deserve to know the true and I own that to you.

- Girl, if you don't feel ready to talk, it's okay. I totally understand. – She said smiling, not wanting to push Alex too much.

- I do and I do want to tell you and explain it to you. – Alex said nodding.

- Don't be scared of what I might think of you because, no matter what, I don't think you are a murderer. – Lexi said, telling Alex her thoughts already.

- That is the problem Lexi. I am a murdered. I provoked an accident that killed my sister. – Alex said directly.

Lexi heard her words and looked at her, surprised with the fact that she lost her sister in such a young age, not even imagining the pain she has been through.

- My dad was driving and I distracted him with a stupid thing and it didn't end up really good. We end up having an accident and my sister got killed. That is why everyone calls me a murdered and that is why my dad hates me so much. I was the one causing everything and I don't have any forgiveness.

- Alex, no matter what was the thing you distracted your father with, it was not your fault. As the words say, it was an accident okay?? Not your fault. – Lexi said calmly as she held Alex's hands, seeing her nervous. – It was not your fault Alex and you have to get that in your head or else it will haunt you forever.

- I swear I do try to repeat that over and over again in my head, but it is impossible to believe. – Whispered Alex, feeling her voice cracking with those thoughts.

- But you should believe it because you know it is not true. What people are trying to do is to make you believe it is your fault because they don't have a way to cope with the pain.

- But I do feel guilty, you know?? I do feel like it was my fault. It was me distracting him. It was me making him take the eyes from the road and he end up going to the other side of the road...making the truck hitting us.

- One more reason for you to stop thinking it was your fault. It was a truck hitting you Alex, not you causing the accident. – Lexi said, trying to help her somehow.

- How can you believe in me and believe in that when anyone believes it? – Alex asked, holding her hands tightly and feeling her eyes getting watered.

- Because I know you okay?? It might not be for that long but I know you aren't like that and you are stronger than what people say. – She said getting closer to Alex, squeezing her hands tightly. – I know you would never kill your sister. You have a good heart Alex. You are a good person and you wouldn't never do that to anyone. – She said getting closer and ending up wrapping her arms around her to give Alex a tight hug.

- I miss her so much. – Whispered Alex, holding Lexi tightly and letting some tears fall during that hug, being exactly what she needed.

- I know you do and it is okay to miss her okay?? But you are not alone anymore and you don't need to be coping that pain all alone. – She said holding her as she rubbed her back gently, letting Alex have her moment to let it all out.

- I just wanted this pain to go away. – Confessed Alex as she let her tears come out, really appreciating that Lex was there with her, supporting her and trying her best to help.

- That pain will never go away, you will just get used to it and that is okay. Things like that never go away. – She said closing her eyes and kept the hug. – But know that I am here for you and I will do my best to help you in everything you might need.

- Thank you so much for what you are doing and for believing in me. – Said Alex, being really thankful.

- Oh girl, you don't have to thank me at all. –She said giggling a little as she kissed Alex's cheek, cleaning the tears that were on her face. – I am always here for you and I do believe in you okay??

- That means the world to me. – She said smiling, holding her hands after feeling Lexi cleaning her tears.

- And I bet I am not the only one believing in you. – Lexi said giggling a little as she winked at Alex, ending up smirking.

- He followed me yesterday. – Confessed Alex, blushing a little, sniffing.

- I imagine!! He got out of here running after seeing you leaving like that. – Said Lexi smiling.

- He went after me to Brighton though. – She said blushing.

- That is far!! Why did you go there? – She asked a little confused.

- I needed to go to a place I used to go while I was living there. – Confessed Alex.

- More like a place you used to go with your sister right? – Lexi asked, smiling with her words.

- Yeah. I needed that moment to myself and he stood there, listening while I talked to her.

- So, he ended up knowing everything without having you telling him directly what happened?

- Yeah, kinda like that. – She said nodding. – He got the chance to listen to loads of things though...

- And how did he reacted? – Lexi asked curious.

- He told me it was not my fault. – Smiled Alex as she remembered their moment. – He supported and stood with me there. He never left me and he never stopped believing in me.

- He likes you and that is obvious. – Lexi said knowing it.

- He doesn't, but he is really kind and what he did yesterday meant the world to me. – Smiled Alex.

- He protected you! – Lexi said fangirling a little with the thought of seeing them together. – He was hating what your father was doing to you and he really wanted to protect you!

- He was amazing and the way he was with me after hearing everything my father told me, was the best.

- You are falling for him aren't you? – Asked Lexi, smiling a lot as she looked at her.

- Is that too visible? – Blushed Alex, being really embarrassed.

- Yeah! Besides it's all over your face! And all over his face too! – Lexi said giggling.

- You think?? – Asked Lexi, loving that thought. – I mean, tomorrow we are going to the beach together!

- You are going to have another date?? – Asked Lexi, excited, clapping a little.

- Yeah! I told him it was my weekend off and that I didn't have plans and then he invited me to go to the beach with him.

- And you said yes right? – Lexi asked, already wanting for an answer, hoping it would be a yes coming from Alex's mouth.

- Obviously!! Even though I am pretty nervous. – Confessed Alex.

- Why?? There is no reason for you to be nervous! – She said nodding a lot. – Take those thoughts away!

- Because I never went to the beach with anyone. Especially with a man!! - She said nervously. – I am scared though.

- Girl, don't be okay?? He will love it! – Lexi said, winking at her.

- What if not? I don't know. I will be extremely exposed to him and that scares me. – She said shaking her leg a little.

- You are insecure about your body? – Asked Lexi trying to understand what she was saying and what she was scared of.

- I mean....I am not the prettiest girl ever and after losing my sister I got really bad and end up losing loads of weight. I wasn't like this before and with all of that, my body didn't got the chance to adjust so it beyond being a good body.

- You should tell me what body is perfect. – She said a little serious now after hearing her words.

- For men, maybe loads of them. – Answered Alex, looking down.

- Girl, he likes you and you have to know that your body is just a bonus okay?? He likes you for what you are and that is the most important thing ever. – Lexi said, meaning her words and knowing that Liam liked Alex for what she was as a person.

- You really think he likes me? – Alex asked, blushing a lot with that thought.

- I do! I have seen the way he looks at you when you are distracted and he gets so caught up in your moves that he gets completely off! He is obvious!! You don't see what is right in front of you!

- I just don't wanna create too many expectations you know? I might be getting everything wrong and then I am the one getting hurt and I really don't want that...

- You just need to let yourself go and tomorrow just enjoy his company okay? – Lexi said smiling.

- I will try. I really will. I do wanna be with him and forget about everything!

-Then go and then I wanna know all the details okay?? – Said Lexi, fangirling already.

- So you can tell me you were right?? – Giggled Alex.

- Obviously!! – She said making it sound obvious. – When they are good things I like when I am right!

- I don't even have words to describe how grateful I am for having you in my life. You are an angel that came into my life when I needed the most.

- Who has a Lexi in their lives, have everything! – She said smiling, being a little cocky but in a good way.

- I do appreciate having you in my life and thank you so much for everything you have done for me. – Said Alex, meaning her words, getting closer to Lexi to give her another hug, squeezing her a little.

- I am always here for you girl. – She said smiling, hugging Alex back, squeezing her back, ending up letting out a squeal with that hug. – Now go enjoy your day off and the amazing day it's outside! We can mark something for later if you want! A girl's night out or something!

- I was thinking that maybe I could stay here with you and keep you company. I really don't wanna go home. – She said looking at Lexi. – Things happened this morning so I really don't wanna face my father anymore today.

- You wanna tell me what happened? – Asked Lexi, worried already.

- My father decided to get inside my room and destroy everything I had there from Sophie...

- Oh my God, you serious?? Did he ruin everything? – Asked Lexi, surprised with what Alex was saying.

- Almost. But I locked the room so I think he won't be messing with that anymore. – She said nodding.

- That is so mean! He should be in jail for what he has been doing to you!

- He used to be a good man you know? But with all of this he just got lost but I still have faith that he will become the Tom that he used to be.

- How can someone be so good and then become so bad? – Asked Lexi a little confused. – No one changes like that Alex. Even if he was a good person before he changed and he is different now.

- I believe he will get better ad he is like this now because he is hurt. He might not know how to deal with everything and this is his way of dealing with the pain. – She said nodding, hoping what she was saying it was true and he would get back to be the man he used to be.

- He is hurting you and your mum. There is no excuse for that Alex and no matter how hurt he is this is not an excuse for his actions. – She said meaning her words.

- I just hope you are right and he changes because if not, I will be the one going to the police. – Said Lexi serious.

- It's better not because I don't wanna bring you to the middle of my problems. You already have to deal with me and that is enough.

- I will always deal with your problems. – Said Lexi smiling. – What we need is a weekend off! We should ask Eric for it!

- That would be amazing! I do need something like that! – Said Alex, excited. – And you can talk with Eric because you know how to make him say yes to you! - She said giggling.

- So, I will talk with him and then we will mark everything!! A weekend only for us! A girl's trip!! Listening to loads of music, singing a lot and just having fun!

- Gosh, that sounds amazing! – Said Alex, getting goosebumps with how amazing that sounded. – Now, go do your work because you have clients waiting for you. – She said giggling as she saw more people getting inside the Milkshake.

- Anything call me! – Lexi said smiling as she went to work and saw Alex going to her favorite table, taking a moment to herself. While Lexi was working, Alex took the time to write a little and be in her world, being something that she needed at that moment to herself. In there she was safe and she felt happy. Lexi was a good company to her and whenever Alex was with her, she felt good and safe. She would forget about everything and enjoy life a little more and that inspired her to write a little...something she didn't do for a very long time. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 23K 25
When Erin and Liam broke up in high school they were both heart broken, but only he knew it wouldn't work out when he left for the X-Factor. After Li...
5.5K 477 71
A One Direction Fanfiction You can fall in love with anyone. When is the moment you get to know that you are falling for him? When is the moment you...
2.6K 83 25
Kate is a high school student and works on top of that. She meets a group of unusual boys and falls in love with one of them, Just like her friends d...
2.8K 98 21
Liam and Taylah are the COMPLETE opposite. Liam is the school's most popular boy unlike Taylah who is the typical nerd of the school. What happens w...