THE DEMON'S PROMISED✓

By Andrea_is_here

Formerly known as Kisses From A Demon Started: 17th, July 2020. Ended: 7th, October 2020. Aurora Russel, a hu... More

INTRODUCTION.
Prologue:
Chapter 01: Happy Twentieth Birthday
Chapter 02: Welcome to Dapphion
chapter 03: Demon's horse
Chapter 04: Pain
Chapter 05: Trainer Kenji
Chapter 06: Trainer's Kiss
Chapter 07: Escape fail
Chapter 08: Tartarus' Tears
Chapter 09: Trainer's End?
Chapter 10: Drunk Lord
Chapter 11: Estratos
Chapter 12:Dinner Nightmare
Chapter 13: Locked
Chapter 14: The Talk
Chapter 15: The Dreams
Chapter 16: The Dance (1)
Chapter 17: The Dance (2)
Chapter 18:The Amulet
Chapter 19:Marked
Chapter 20: Reunited
Chapter 21: Visited
Chapter 22: Rejecting the mark
Chapter 24: Almost back to Normal
Chapter 25: Dates and Confessions
Chapter 26: Isabelle's birthday
Chapter 27:Wooden home
Chapter 28: Demon-Apocalypse
Chapter 29:Demon-apocalypse (2)
Chapter 30: Queen Aurora
Chapter 31: Daria
Chapter 32: Kassandra
Chapter 33: Gone
Chapter 34: Glass Coffin
Chapter 35: Epilogue

Chapter 23: Goodbye

408 37 31
By Andrea_is_here

I try to sit up but Xanthus rushes to my side, I yank my arm away from his grasp because of the sparks that spread throughout my body. "Don't touch me!" He has a pained expression on his face.

"Are you in pain?" He asks gently. "Not like you care," I spit at him with venom laced in my tone.

"I do, I do care" I touch my neck and feel nothing but skin there, I move my pointer finger a little bit and I hiss when I feel pain.

"How long was I out?" I ask, "Two days, the herbs knocked you out" I nod at his explanation. "I need to have a bath," I say, "I'll call the maids"

"Alone" his eyes hold uncertainty, "You just woke up, you don't have the strength, Aurora"

"I don't need people bathing me Xanthus" I drawl, he flinches at my tone but he nods his head and leaves the room. I need to have a break away from him.

Once I'm inside the bathtub the maids get the bath ready for me, I get comfortable in the warm water filled with a vanilla scent.

I think about everything that has occurred since my birthday passed, I start to cry.

I cry for the death of my sister.

I cry because I was taken on my birthday.

I cry because I was marked forcefully and was later locked in a room where I was dying slowly.

I cry because I miss my family, I miss our fights, I miss our family day, I miss the training I did with my dad although it was stressful and annoying I still miss it.

Everything is just messed up! I have a mark on the nape of my shoulders to prove that.

After I'm finished crying, I finish my bath and stare at my neck in the mirror.

The mark is shaped like a circle with some weird designs in the circle, it's deep red and it looks like lava, something is written under it but it isn't in English.

I'll ask someone to translate it later for me but,  right now I need to eat. I entered the room to see the food had already been sent to the room.

I wore plain jeans and a simple white top before I devoured my food. After I finished eating I took the herbs that were given to me before I fell asleep.

My pointer finger touches the mark again and like last time it causes me pain, almost burning me. I'm happy that at least I'm not puking my guts out like that day before.

I step out of the room and walk towards the voices I hear, no one notices my presence and I'm happy I honestly have no strength to reply people with. "I'm fine," when I'm clearly not.

Josien is wearing a purple dress and her face full of makeup, she's going out.

"We can't go on the date," she says to her mate who frowns, "Bu--" she shakes her head.

"No one is willing to watch the kids. All babysitters are scared of them" she chuckles in the last part. I need a distraction from what happened in the past few days and I think I know-how.

"I'll watch them for you" they both startled at my voice. "Aurora" she hugs and I hug her back, "How are you?" I know she's going to ask me this question and I know my answer already.

With a fake smile, I answer: "I'm fine thank you" which is a lie, I'm far from fine.

"I'll watch your kids for you. You can go on your date" I see her mate's face light up, while she still looks unsure, "You just woke up, and my kids are a handful" she says.

"You don't have to worry, I'm not fragile" I roll my eyes playfully. "Well if you insist" I see her mate almost start dancing around. "Archer! Amelie" she calls them out. They both come out looking guilty, "What did you do this time?" She questions crossing her arms.

"Nothing--"

"Archer pushed Mary into the pond!" Amelie accuses pointing a finger at her brother who looks shocked. "You are just as guilty as I am," he says to her and she shakes her head. "You pushed Mary into a POND!?" they both flinch at their mother's tone, Amelie looks at her mother innocently and opens her arms to her mother who glares at her.

"You know I'm innocent" she pouts, Josein turns to me hoping I haven't changed my mind about watching her kids. "I'll watch them. Have fun, I know going to" I whisper the last part to myself.

"We didn't mean to push her," Archer says, "she got what she deserves" I shrug as they wave to their parents. "Can we prank more people??" Archer and Amelie ask eagerly, I pretend to think and I see their faces fall.

"Kids, Pranking is not good," I say while my expression says a different thing they read my expression and nod in understanding.

"Let's watch cartoons," I say, "You love SpongeBob right?" They both look at me strangely, "What is SpongeBob" they-- they don't know what SpongeBob is? Who doesn't know SpongeBob?

"SpongeBob SquarePants," I say.

"No, never heard of it," Archer says, "We need to change that," I pull them towards the movie room, "I saw a SpongeBob CD here" I pull out the CD with a grin while the kids sit down with three popcorn bowls.

I put the SpongeBob CD into the player and take my popcorn.

After an hour of watching SpongeBob Amelie looks excited about the next episode while Archer looks horrified, "I have never seen anyone dumber than SpongeBob!"

"No, the star one is dumber!" Amelie's way of describing Patrick. "I was wondering where you were" Korina comes into the room with a smile, "I have never seen them this quiet." She says.

while the kids focus on SpongeBob Archer claims he doesn't like the cartoon but he clearly does. "Hey," I wave at Korina who takes a seat by my side.

She sighs as she rests her head on my shoulder, "What's wrong?"

"One word: Hoaric," she says, I stare at her and realize she looks tired, dark circles are under her eyes and I notice a bruise that she used makeup to cover it. She didn't cover it very well.

"Korina, Hoaric doesn't...abuse you does he?" I ask carefully and watch her eyes go big. "What? D-don't be ridiculous, of course, he doesn't" she lies as she avoids eye contact.

"Okay, sorry I asked" I pretend I believe her,  I guess when she's ready to talk she will.

"Isabelle's birthday is coming up," I say, thinking about my little sister. She has always loved her birthdays to the extent she doesn't sleep for a day before her birthday.

The moment the clock strikes midnight she rings a bell to wake everyone up, now I won't be able to witness her thirteenth birthday.

"Oh, Isabelle your sister?" I nod.

"I'm sorry, you heard what happened to her right?  I'm sure he didn't do it on purpose" I give her a small smile, "She's alive now that's all that matters" I say trying to convince myself.

I look to the seat occupied by the children only to see Archer's seat is empty while Amelie gives the cartoon her undivided attention.

"Where's Archer?" I panic, Amelie shrugs not taking her eyes from the Tv, we hear a cry, and Korina and I stand up and run towards the cry.

We see Mary sitting uncomfortably on the floor with tears rolling down her cheeks. I try to run to her but I feel someone grip my shirt, I turn to see Archer laughing at her "You did this?" He is holding a bottle of oil she must have slipped.

"Sorry," he says to me. "Why would you do that," I ask, he looks down "Apologize to her and mean it!" I say. He apologizes to her Mary tries to get up but she slips and falls again. Korina chuckles. Eventually, she got up and left.

"Don't do that again," I say to Archer who nods and runs towards the movie room.

I lay down on my bed when I got to my room, I had begged Korina to watch the kids. I hear the door to my room is opened, the mark on my neck hums, Xanthus comes into my view.

"Aurora--"

"We had a deal" I'm happy I remembered the deal, "And I want to return home," I say I see fear in his eyes and vulnerability. "I was mad, please don't leave" he begs.

"I'm not leaving permanently, I just did to gather my thoughts. I don't have good memories here, maybe when I understand myself and I'm stable I'll return but please let me leave" I say.

He holds my head between his two hands and stares into my eyes, "As you wish" he opens a portal, "Thank you"

"I am a demon and I'll come back for you"

"Goodbye Xanthus" are the last words I say to him before I step into the portal.

━━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━

Do you still watch SpongeBob? I know I do.

Thanks for reading ❤️❤️

Don't forget to;

Vote.

Comment.

Edited by: parkjungkook_90

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

286 20 10
In the lands of Empire IsIes that's twisted by supernatural forces. Two monster slayers Elisabeth Jensen and Liam Auster, part of the anicent order o...
283 27 19
The blending of good and evil will grant reprieval and bring peace throughout the land. Twenty years have passed, the kids are all grown up, and each...
Black Sheep By Golden

General Fiction

425K 20.6K 64
Y/N gets more than she bargained for when getting to know the mystery creature that's been living in her shop silently for the past few years. She ne...
291K 17.2K 20
My eyes open again when he pulls his thumb out of my mouth. I was staring at Thaddeus, wondering if he felt what I had felt. His gaze gave him away...