The Girl With Two Buns. A Nej...

By Subby_star

When Tenten, a poor village girl, needed money for the antidote for her guardians illness, she was quite fort... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
🎊 πŸ‘ 500 reads!πŸ»πŸŽ‰
21
22
23
24
25
26
🎊1k reads!🎊
27
28
29
30
COMING SOON
πŸŽ¬πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸŽ¬

20

570 40 7
By Subby_star

Neji stepped into the familiar black smithery bracing for what he knew would come. Sure enough, the moment Lee recognized him the blacksmith dropped the cutlass he was fixing (much to the Prince's relief) and marched up to him.

"If it isn't the unyouthful Neji. What did you do to hurt my youthful spring flower?" Lee frowned.

"Where is Tenten?" Neji asked, choosing to ignore both the question and term of endearment.

"Tenten is currently displeased with you and wishes not to see you. If you choose to go against her wishes, I am authorized to give you the whip of love." At that, Neji shuddered suddenly remembering Gai's 'whip of love.'

"Please allow me to see her Lee, I know I have erred and I am trying to make it up to her." Neji was too late to brace himself for the onslaught of youth inspired exclamations.

"HOW YOUTHFUL OF YOU! TO APOLOGIZE AND RETRACE YOUR STEPS AFTER YOU HAVE GONE WRONG IS SUCH A MANLY THING TO DO! YOU, MY FRIEND, HAVE REACHED THE SPRINGTIME OF YOUTH!"

"Unfortunately, he has to go through me." Neji spun around at the new intrusion and came face to face with the most shrew looking woman he had ever seen. Her hair was a light shade of purple along with the same colour of eyes which were darker than her hair.

"Anko-san!" Lee exclaimed with a sweat drop dripping from his forehead. Neji felt like that name was familiar then he remembered that Tenten often spoke of the woman that took her in as her own child.

"Hello Anko-san, it is a pleasure to meet you." Neji bowed in greeting. Anko crossed her arms upon her chest as she stuck her face too close for comfort into Neji's face. Her eyes squinted in assessment and examination which made a bead of sweat roll down Neji's porcelain face. Finally, Anko seemed to be done with her physical evaluation and leaned back happily.

"He is quite the looker!" She exclaimed contentedly. Neji was about to relax when Anko's personality did a 180 degrees turnaround and she frowned. "So you're the young man that broke my child's heart?" Anko asked with a frown.

"It was not my intention to and for that, I am gravely sorry and want to apologize properly to her." Neji bowed for the second time that day.

"And you think I would just allow you walk in and break Tenten's heart further?!" Anko accused.

"No, you misunderstand! I am sincere about Tenten, Anko-san. I would have asked for your permission to court her but I could not and for that I apologize. I really love Tenten from the depths of my heart and I am sincere with courting her. I know I wronged her and hurt her deeply which is why I want to formerly apologize to her." Neji said truthfully.

"You really love Tenten?" Anko asked.

"Yes ma'am."

"Are you just going to keep her locked up in a palace room guised as your concubine?" Anko inquired.

"No. I do not want that for Tenten. She is a free spirited woman and I want the best for her. However, there are challenges along the way but I want to overcome them with her."

"Hmm." Anko hummed as she gazed sternly at Neji's bowing frame. For a prince, he was quite humble for him to bow to a common woman like her and speak so casually with Lee as though they were childhood friends. From his actions, Anko could practically smell the love he had for her and was at ease for her daughter was in good hands. Her elderly eyes could see that he was not only physically attracted to her daughter but he loved her for who she was.

"Lee, what do you think we should do?" She asked the green clad man. Neji wondered why Lee's opinion mattered but soon realized that he was Tenten's best friend. Lee had every right to judge whether he was sincere or not.

After a while of silence (during which Anko was getting worried for his health), Lee spoke up. "I say he is very sincere about how he feels." The young man started brimming with tears and Anko was sure it was sunset. "How youthful of you! You are overflowing with unconditional love that even I could not match! For that I shall run 500 laps around Konoha....on my hands!"

"Goodness gracious Lee, you do not need to..." Anko started but Lee was already out the door. The purple haired woman sighed and shook her head. "Poor boy." She mumbled but Neji didn't miss it. He stared at Lee's afterimage with mild surprise and triumph.

Lee had feelings for Tenten.

"What did Lee fail to do this time?" The voice of the woman Neji loved do much filtered through the shop. Anko brushed past him to meet Tenten with a smile.

"Look who's here!" She announced, pointing towards his direction. Tenten's eyes widened slightly before morphing to a frown.

"Neji-sama."

"Tenten."

"I shall leave you two to discuss." Anko said as she escaped the awkward tension between them.

"Let us move away from the shop." Tenten ushered him inside a room and set a futon for him to sit on. Neji took his seat, all the while watching her actions. It had been two weeks since he last saw her and he missed her dearly.

"Tenten." He started, pausing for a while to select what to say. Many things ran through his mind but he found no words to say. He wanted to say many things but they couldn't manifest as words in his mind. Finally, he opened his mouth and spoke the first thing that came to mind. "Why did you quit the palace?"

Tenten scoffed. "That is the first thing you say?" Neji winced. She sure could hold grudges.

"I- I...forgive me Tenten. I am sorry I allowed Shion to mistreat you and..."

"That is not the case Neji." Tenten interrupted him. Her eyes were cast on her laps as she spoke. "Can't you see? Maybe we were not meant to be after all."

"Uh? What happened to the woman that boldly confessed her love to me? What happened to the one who would not give me up no matter what?" Neji frowned. He didn't like this at all.

"Neji-sama..." Tenten started but was interrupted by Neji's finger upon her lips.

"Shh. Now listen to me Tenten. It is you I love, not anybody else. I would give everything just for you and I would give you everything. Why don't you see that? I get that we are from different worlds but this is just a stumbling block, a challenge. We said we would go through the challenges we would face together, what happened to the ever confident Tenten that I love so well?" Neji asked softly.

"She is right here." Tenten sniffed. "I am sorry for allowing insecurities get over me. I love you so much, Neji-sama. I do not want to let you go or lose you." She tried to hold back her tears but Neji saw them and embraced her. Her head rested upon his warm broad chest and she heard his fast and strong heartbeat.

"I love you too." Neji smiled. He then remembered his gift and released her. "I have something to give you." He informed as he withdrew the bracelet from his kimono. Tenten gasped at the beauty of the accessory and collected it with trembling hands.

"It is so beautiful." She breathed.

"The amethyst represents me and the tulip represents you. The red thread is the thread of fate that binds us together. Like this bracelet, we are interwoven with each other and can not be torn apart." Neji finished with a smile as he adjusted the bracelet on her wrist. That was when Tenten noticed his blistered fingers. Worry creased her eyebrows as she raised his hands to her face.

"Your hands are badly bruised. Could it be that you made this bracelet?" Tenten asked with awe.

"Yes I did. I am glad you like it." Neji admitted.

"It is wonderful, thank you very much. You put your effort and sweat into making this for me, I am not sure what to give you in return." Tenten looked into his lavender eyes and melted at the tenderness therein.

"Your love is all I need." Neji spoke and embraced her again. Tenten smiled against his chest, tears forgotten and dried up on her face. His chest was comfortable, warm and broad. In his embrace, she felt secure and loved. Oh how much she loved Neji.

Unfortunately, things were about to take a bad turn for both lovers for neither were unaware of the spy that constantly watched their actions.

***

You know that climatic moment towards the end of a movie or book where thrilling things happen? Yeah we've reached that point.

How was your day? Night? Whenever you're reading this?

Me does not own Naruto or tha pictures!

Please vote and review. See you next chapter, bye for now.

-Star.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.4K 950 15
Neji and Tenten have always been at odds since they became teammates. But when the young kunoichi walks home in tears one day, Neji has to eventually...
267K 10.7K 43
The forbidden love of a pre-engaged heiress and her butler unravels into a tale of love and betrayal. But can their love survive the challenges that...
13.4K 685 8
Neji has 50 days to find out who his mystery pen pal is. Tenten just doesn't want to get caught. Short and sweet, partly chatfic, modern au. Obviousl...
7.5K 190 24
Hinata is doing what she always does love and cheer for Naruto from a far. She watches as he overcomes the many obstacles placed before him and gain...