Silence:Forgotten- Adopted by...

By lovatic_chica

What would you do, if you just.... Forgot? Demi was in a car crash, and when she wakes up she has no recolle... More

Forgotten- Adopted by Demi Lovato
Darkness
Fear
Love
Pain
Jealousy.
Anger
Love
A Mother's Love.
A Child.
Trust.
Loneliness
Missing You
Awake
Decision
Christmas
Pecans
Grandma
I'm Sorry
Stupid
Thank you... Wattys 2014
Wrong
With You
Reaction
Alone
Shock
It Hurts
Leaving
Gone
Beach
Left
Happy New Year!!
Coincidence
Sorry
Side
Tickle
Faith
Reality
Court
Decisions
Over
Wait for it.
Later

Coincidence

13.8K 630 78
By lovatic_chica

CHAPTER 32- Coincidence 

Demi's POV 

        I took Mac to the Grove, the security with us was just Max and another temporary guard I'd hired until I found another trustworthy candidate to be Mac's personal guard. It sounds crazy but with all that has been going on I wanted to make sure she was completely safe. Right now, we were walking through journeyz, a kid's shoe store and Mac was acting strange, although she'd been acting like this since the moment I got home. She still wasn't talking, and whenever I asked her if she liked something she'd respond with a small nod or shake of her head. It killed me, to see that she was going back to how she was when I first adopted her, and I had no idea how to get back to where we were. 

"Do you want to get Starbucks baby?" I asked, holding Mac's hand as we walked through the mall. She nodded shyly and I turned into the store, the aroma of coffee instantly hitting my nose. I picked Mac up and smiled at her softly, "What do you want to drink? A milkshake?" She couldn't say, frappachino, so Nick and I just called them milkshakes when we were at Starbucks. Mac again, nodded shyly, and I told the cashier our order, then went to the counter to wait for our drinks. I sat her on the counter and noticed the way she curled her arms into her chest. 

"Are you cold?" Another nod. "Here." I unwrapped my jacket from my shoulders and gently put it around her, smiling slightly as I felt her lean into my wam body. I rubbed her back and everything suddenly felt like it was okay, like I'd never left for tour and our relationship was still fine. 

Mac suddenly tensed and pulled away, squirming as she crossed her legs, "Do you have to go to the bathroom?" She nodded and I saw the barista was putting our drinks on the counter, "Okay babe, let's go use the one where we're getting lunch." The cheesecake factory sat us right away, and I brought Mac into the bathroom. She was old enough to know what to do, but still needed help so I went into the stall with her and turned around while she did her business. After I buttoned her pants and helped her wash her hands we walked back to the table where a familiar face was sitting at the bar. Mac tensed in my arms and I glared at Wilmer. 

"What the hell are you doing here?" 

He chuckled, "Relax Demi it's actually coincidence that we're here on the same day. I was just getting lunch." 

I rolled my eyes, not believing him for a second, but nodded, "Whatever just please stay away from me. I don't need the complications of the paps seeing us at the same restaurant." 

Wilmer chuckled, "What, Your boyfriend would get mad?" 

My glare intensified, "I think you've forgotten that my boyfriend has actually beat you up for coming around a bit too often, so I think it'd be wise of you if you stopped coming near me. I don't want to be friends with you." 

I could see his eyes darken, "I'm not giving you up Demi. I was serious when I told you I wasn't gonna stop. So I would get used to you seeing me every now and then." 

I shook my head, "You're pathetic." With that, I turned on my heel and walked back to our table, then looked at Max, "Can you get the security to get him out of here." 

Max nodded immediately, he'd never been a big fan of Wilmer's, and often advised me against going out with him. Of course, back then, I never listened to anyone's advice. 

"I'll take care of it personally." 

I turned back to Mac who was sitting quietly in her chair and sighed, "So what do you want to eat?" She shrugged and pointed towards the Mac and Cheese. "That sounds good." I gave our order to the waitress and smiled down at Mac, but it faded and more silence grew between us. 

"So I was wondering..." She looked up, "There's a bunch of people who want to talk to you and me on a tv show. Do you want to do that?" She shrugged and I bit my lip, "Do you remember Ellen?" Mac nodded, "Well she really wants to see you again. The show is next month, so we have a lot of time to think about it. But do you think you would wanna go on TV again?" 

Mac shrugged and the waitress brought over our food, ending the conversation between us. 

~*~

        "So how was it?" Nick asked, as I walked into the house and Mac ran off to her room. 

"She didn't say a word to me." I snapped, fed up with the frustration of how I let it get this far. "You should've fucking told me." 

Nick sighed, "I know I should've told you. I'm sorry." There was something in his tone of voice that I couldn't put my finger on so I looked into his eyes. 

"What's wrong?" 

Nick shrugged and avoided eye contact with me, "Nothing." 

I shook my head, "You're lying to me. Just say what's wrong Nick." 

He took a deep breath and looked at the ceiling, "There were pictures of Wilmer walking out of the cheesecake factory today and there's a lot of articles saying that you had lunch with him." 

I groaned and grabbed both of his hands, "Nick I didn't have lunch with him. I went to the restaurant and sat down then took Mac to the bathroom and when I came back he was sitting at the bar. I said like five words to him and then asked Max to get security to get him out of there." 

Nick narrowed his eyes, "What did he say to you?" I bit my lip and Nick stepped forward, "Tell me what he said." 

"He said that I should get used to seeing him places because he's not letting go of me." I held my breath, waiting for NIck's reaction as he processed the news. 

"I'm going to fucking beat him." He growled and ran a hands through his touseled curls, "Who the fuck does he think he is?" 

"Nick calm down-" 

"I'm not going to calm down!" He yelled, and I shut my mouth, letting him let off steam. "I'm so fucking sick of him popping up everywhere! I don't want him anywhere near you! I'm so close to filing for a restraining order!" 

I clapped a hand over my mouth, "Nick I don't think that's a good idea-" 

"Why?" He came close to me and furrowed his eyebrows, "Don't tell me you still care about him?" 

I shrugged, "Nick it's not that. He was my bestfriend for a long time. Yes, I love you, and it'll always be you, but I don't think a restraining order is a good idea. I don't need the press getting ahold of the situation and slandering him across the newsites. He's a good guy, he just needs a wake-up call." 

"I can't believe you're defending him!" Nick countered, "After all he's done to you and to Mac you'd think you would be okay with him never coming near you again! What the hell is wrong with you?" 

I shook my head, "Nick I'm not saying what he did was okay-" 

"That's exactly what you're saying! That it's just a phase and that he'll only keep this up for a little while. Well guess what? I'm not okay with that. I don't want to have to worry about him trying to seduce you every time you leave the house without me. I don't want us to be in a three way relationship!" 

"You think I want this to happen?!" Now I was yelling too, "I don't want an ex-boyfriend ruining my relationship any more than you do! This is exactly what he wants! He's winning right now! He's causing fights between us and trying to get us to turn on each other." 

Nick snorted, "Well yeah, it's kind of working." He walked past me and grabbed his leather jacket, throwing it over his shoulders. 

"Where are you going?!" I demanded, following him to the door. 

"I need to think." Was all he said before the door slammed shut. I let out a sob and leaned against the wall, trying to stop myself from having an anxiety attack. I dragged myself to my room where I hoped Mac couldn't hear me as I sobbed into the pillows. Stupid fucking Wilmer. Why does this always happen? Why can't he just leave me alone?

A few minutes later, the door to my room opened and Mac walked in, standing on the side of the bed and looking at me with a curious expression. I attempted to wipe my eyes and sat up. 

"What's up honey?" 

Mac climbed onto the bed and snuggled into my side, pressing her tiny body against me as her head dropped into the crook of my neck. I let out a sigh and held her tightly, stroking her back as silent tears rolled down my cheeks. Having her close to me always calmed me down and this was no different, just holding her was stopping my tears and it was easier for me to breathe. The tight bands that encased my chest were loosening and soon fell away all together as I began to drift off, leaning down to kiss her head as I did so. 

"I love you so much babygirl, always." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote! 

Next Update: Next Tuesday!

Twitter:@Lovatic_Chica

-Rachel

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.2K 3.3K 21
Contains the original version of "Chances That You're Burning Through" [2014] and outtakes. ------------- Nobody knows of the daughter that Demi Lov...
Torn By dovato

Fanfiction

270K 9.2K 69
Demi Lovato- empowering, inspiring, and brave. When she was eighteen? Opposite. After a nights full of partying and taking hits, the following day, s...
309K 6.8K 50
Demi is happy with her boyfriend, Wilmer, until she gets the bright idea to set up her friend and assistant, Natalie, with her best friend, Nick Jona...
54.2K 1.4K 22
what would you do if you just...forgot?