His Blood Colored Hair | Albe...

By SlimeyBoiDeceit

Albert Dasilva and Y/n Higgins had been selling partners for years, ever since Racetrack Higgins, Y/n's broth... More

The Cruel Discovery
On The Case
Tingling Lips
/This/ Close
Confrontation
The Lower Manhattan Mafia
A Little Fall Of Rain

Love Can Make The Flowers Grow

354 9 27
By SlimeyBoiDeceit

There's a lot of flowers in this one, and with each different type of flower and color mentioned, there's meaning it it. So I put the meaning up above if you want it.

Albert's POV, The Next Day

I hold a bouquet of pink and white roses in my hand as I sit outside of the small doctor's office with the rest of the newsies. A man with a white coat comes in from the operation room.

"I assume you're all here for Y/n, am I correct?" The man asks with a thick English accent. At the mention of her name, me and a couple other newsies stand up, and instantly bombard the doctor with questions. He holds up a hand to shush them, and the room is instantly silent again. "Well, I can tell you this, she is alive. But with how unstable her condition is at the moment, none of you will be able to visit her for the next couple of days. You may stop by to check on her condition, but you will not be able to see her. I'm sorry."

There's many groans of worry across the boys. Race steps forward towards the doctor, his face is filled with worry.

"Will she make it?" He asks. The doctor sighs and looks down.

"We don't know. The bullet wound was very deep, so we found the bullet right next to the spine, which means that we got lucky, because if the bullet got any closer to the spine, she could've ended up paralyzed from that point down for life. We had to remove the bullet just so that it couldn't end up hurt the spine, or create a infection because of the material on the bullet.
There's a chance that she may get an infection, and that chance is very high. So we just have to pray that if she does get one, that it's nothing too bad, and we have the right medicine to fight it off. So there's no definite answer, but if you're looking for one, I'd say that she has about a ten percent chance of living," the doctor says with a saddened expression.

I feel my heart shatter. She only has a 10% chance of living? I look around to see that everyone has a similar worried expression.

"I understand how you all must feel. But I can promise you, that I will do everything in my power to make sure that she lives. I used to work as a medic in the army back in England, and I've been working with medical history for about thirty years, so your friend is in good hands. And the best thing I can guarantee for her, is rest, so that her body can heal. So you'd all best be heading home, so you can heal too," the doctor says to us.

One by one, we all leave the building. All except for me, who's still standing there, holding the bouquet of roses. The doctor quirks an eyebrow, before I step closer and hand him the flowers.

"These is fah her. So if-... When she wakes up, canyou tell 'er dat Albert gave these to 'er?" I ask, wiping away a tear that's rolled down my face. The doctor looks down at the roses, then back up at me, and nods.

"Of course, sir," the doctor says. I smile and turn around to go join the others. "Oh, and before you go," the doctor says, stopping me in my tracks. I turn back to face him, and see his hopeful expression. "The police office wanted me to tell a mister 'Albert DaSilva', that every last one of the mafia members was arrested. And they also wanted to let you know, that they want you to stop by tomorrow, around five. Said it was something important."

I nod and turn back around, less curious about what they want, and more worried for Y/n. She's the light of my life. I can't expect to live another minute of my life without her in it.

But she wouldn't want me to be upset right now. No, she would want me to be stronger. So that's what I'm going to do. I'll be strong. For her.

Your POV, A Few Days Later

Ow. Ow. Owwwww. Shit! Why does everything hurt so much?! My head hurts, my legs hurt, but most of all, my somach hu- oh. Now I remember. I got shot. Am- am I dead? Is this what the afterlife if like? Is it just darkness, with nothing but pain and your thoughts?

The thought flashes through my mind, until a sudden light makes me realize that my eyes are just closed, and are beginning to open.

As my eyes begin to pry open, I realize how bright everything seems. And once I'm able to see everything, I realize that I'm in a plain, empty room.

It's almost completely beige and white. But when I look around, I notice a beautiful bouquet of pink and white roses. I smile to myself, since they've been put in a very beautiful green vase.

"You're awake!" A very English voice says, snapping me out of my thoughts. I look the direction of the voice, only to see a man who I've never seen before in my life, which makes me scared. He seems to notice this, since he holds his hands up in a calming manor. "Don't worry, calm down. I'm a doctor, and I've been helping you get back to health for the past couple days."

"Wh-where am I?" I ask, very scared, since I can't see any of my friends with him.

"You're in a surgery room, love. Sorry we couldn't move you to a more comfortable bed, we didn't want to risk doing any more damage to you," the doctor says.

"It's fine," I mutter, so quiet that I'm not even sure that he heard me. I look around the plain room again, trying to find anything other than him to look at.

"Are you feeling any pain?" He asks, making me look at him again. He's now sitting down in a nearby chair, looking both calm and worried at the same time.

"Well, I got shot, so everything's a bit painful right now," I say with a laugh, trying to make light of the current situation. The doctor smiles a bit, though I can tell that it's one of pity.

"I'm sorry for that. We don't have any pain medication at the moment, sorry. But don't worry, in about a week or two, you should be healthy enough to leave," the doctor says with a hopeful tone in his voice. "You've already overcome the worst part of this whole thing, leav-"

"Where are my friends?" I ask, cutting him off. He doesn't seem to mind the fact that I ignored him, and immediately smiled.

"They've been coming every day, usually around after work hours. Of course, they haven't been able to see you, since it could've risked you getting an infection, which is still a risk, but not a high one," the doctor says before standing up. "Well, I best be going. Another patient of mine needs to get a sling from having a broken wrist."

"Wait, doctor," I say. He stops in his tracks and looks at me with a questioning glare. "Who are these flowers from?"

"Oh, one of your friends. I believe his name is 'Albert'," the doctor says before leaving the room. I let out a single laugh, knowing that Albie went out of his way just to get me the most beautiful roses in existence.

That's why I love him.

A few hours later

After a couple hours of doing anything I possibly can in order to not get bored, I hear talking in the other room. I can't make out what's being said, but I know that the voices are familiar.

"You may see her, if you'd like," is the only thing I could hear. And soon, I hear the door creak open for me to see the shocked face of my brother.

"Race!" I say excitedly, but with my voice being scratchy, you can barely hear me. He lets out a sob of happiness before immediately running into the room and falling to his knees beside me. He instantly holds my hand in his, clutching it it his chest as tight as possible.

"Y/n, we was so worried! We thought you was gonna die!" Race sobs out, lifting his head up to protectively kiss my forehead, which makes me smile.

"Hey, I find that insulting. You know that I'll never die, right?" I ask, joking a bit to try and cheer him up. And as soon as I finish speaking, other newsies come in the room.

I count Jack, Crutchie, Davey, Les, Finch, Romeo, Smalls, Tommy Boy, Elmer, Mush, Kid Blink, and- Albert. I give them all the biggest smile, and they all come crowding around me, all talking at once, and all saying how worried they were. Hell, even Oscar and Morris showed up. Morris seemed a bit awkward, but Oscar was just as scared as the rest of the guys.

"Hi, you guys. Oh my gosh, I've missed you guys so so much!" I say. Albert looks like he might faint. His mouth is wide open in a shocked smile, and his freckled face has never looked so happy. I take notice that he doesn't have his cap on, so his beautiful, red locks are framing his handsome face. I always told him his hair looked absolutely beautiful when it's down.

Albert immediately pushes through everyone and wraps his arms around me, shoving his head in my neck as his hair flops onto my face. I smile as wide as I can, as I hug him back, even though it hurts to do so. I've just missed him so much.

"You have no idea- how much I'se missed ya amazing face," Albert says into my neck, which send vibrations that slightly tickle me. I notice that he's crying, which hurts me a bit inside.

"Oh gosh! I thought I'd never see you- or anyone else for that matter- ever again," I say, bringing my hands up to run my fingers through his hair.

"Me neitha," he says, turning his head to kiss my cheek. He quickly turns around to look at the other boys, who are all standing there awkwardly. "Could you guys give us a minute?"

The other newsies agree to let us have some alone time, and leave the room, leaving only me and Albert. He lets out a laugh as he kisses me cheek again, making me giggle.

"I'se missed ya more than woids could evah say," he says with a smile on his face. I laugh and kiss his forehead. "I tought dat you was dead that day. I- I don't know what I'd do if you wasn't in me life anymore."

"Believe me, I know. Which is why I want to spend the rest of my life standing by you. Wh-whether I'm your girlfriend or just a friend, I don't want to spend a single second of my life away from you," I say with a single tear rolling down my cheek. He lets out a quiet laugh, before he seems to realize something.

"Maybe- maybe dere is a way we can spend our lives togedda, but it's totally fine if ya say no," he begins. I nod, letting him know to continue. "Sos the police wanted me tah come tah da station, and you'se nevah gonna believe what they said. They said they want us tah woik fah them, full time. That means not bein' no newsies, or nuttin', we woik every day as cops, and get paid the regular pay. What do you say? I mean, if you don't wanna woik fah them 'cause of what happened, dat's f-"

"Yes!" I yell. He looks at me with a joyous expression, and lets out a laugh as he runs his fingers through his beautiful, thick, hair. 

"That's great! I'se so happy, I could kiss you!" he says happily as he grips my hand in his own.

"Then do it," I say. He seems shocked at my words. "I mean, only if you wa-"

I'm cut off by Albert's soft lips being slammed against mine. I'm shocked for a second, before bringing my hand that Albert's not holding up to tangle in his hair. I never realized how soft his hair is, or his lips. My heart must be racing faster than any horse down at the sheepshead right now. 

We separate our lips for a split second, before immediately bringing them back together. The kiss is soft, yet passionate. Both of us had just expressed that we thought we would never see each other again, so it's very desperate, as we're trying to savor every moment. But a sudden cough makes us pull apart. We both look to see who the cough belongs to, to see Race standing in the doorway, looking disappointed.

"Race, I'se can explain," Albert begins, but Race holds up his hand to stop him.

"No, I hoid everythin', and... I support it," Race says, leaving me and Albert in shock. "I was worried at foist, about everythin'. But then I saw how much ya two loved eachudda, and at dat point, I kinda realized dat no mattah how much I kept you two from being togetha, you'd still find a way tah make it happen. I know I'se been controllin' you two, and I'se sorry. And my apology includes... Lettin' ya two date... And lettin' Y/n/n become a bull... Wit' you."

"Holy shit," Albert mutters, before turning to face me. We both stare at each other for a moment, before breaking into smiles and laughs. "You serious, Race?"

"Yeah... I is," Race says, before looking Albert dead in the eye. "But if you evah hoit her, I won't hesitate tah make you suffah."

"Wouldn't dream 'bout it," Albert says before planting a quick kiss on my lips. "So we'se gonna be a thing now, right?"

"Fuck yeah, Albie!" I yell before slamming Al's lips back onto mine, savoring every second of it.

Narrator's POV

And from that moment forward, the two were inseparable. You never saw one without the other being nearby. As soon as Y/n got out of the hospital, the very next day she started her job as one of the most famous female detectives in history.

They worked on case after case, never failing a single one. Eventually, the two earned enough money to buy a small one bedroom apartment, where they lived together,

As soon as you saw the two interact, you could never doubt their love for each other. There were times where their lives were put in danger, but they always worked together to stay safe.

And maybe a year later, the pair decided to visit the old Manhattan Mafia's base. And as they walked around the back of the building, in the very spot Y/n nearly died in, and Albert held her as she was dying, there was a beautiful bush of roses. The most beautiful roses you'd ever seen, with the petals starting off a bright yellow, before fading into a dark red. 

The two took a cutting from the rose bush, and planted the cutting in a flowerpot in their apartment. And a few months later, a similar beautiful bush was grown. And every day, as they pass the wondrous flowers, they're reminded of one message: Love can make the flowers grow.

The End

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 105 19
Emerson Kelly has been a newsie just about all her life. She takes care of the boys, makes sure they eat everyday, makes enough for herself to live s...
99.7K 3.6K 53
Davey Jacobs was the new kid. And boy, did he hate being the new kid. His whole life, Davey had gone to private school but now, since his father hurt...
8.2K 145 23
Katrina Kelly and Race have been quite close. Kat's parents left her alone, so she got a job as a newsie. When the prices for papers rises, Jack Kell...
6.4K 165 40
"I never forgot you." "Neither did I." Friend. Many people spend their entire lives searching for that. A friend. Someone to share their life to...