Arrow to the Heart (Male Meri...

By Booklord_Abby

(Y/N) is a young woman who met Prince Meridan as a child. They grew up close as best friends. When the time c... More

The Start of It All
Prince Requirements
Touch the Sky
No Choice
The Suitors
Side Story 1: A Christmas with the DunBroch
The Contest
The Fight in the Family
Wisps
Side Chapter 1
The Witch
Changing Fate
Sneaking Out
Back at the Witch's Cottage
Bonding Over Food
Mor'du
Breaking Tradition

Dinner with the Family

6.8K 216 31
By Booklord_Abby

I apologize greatly for not updating this story sooner. I've been busy with school starting up, but I hope you enjoy this story. I really love the movie Brave and I hope this helps you love the movie more. Also, I would love it if you guys would check out mystreetstorys on TikTok. It's a cosplay group I'm in with some amazing people. If you don't, that's ok. I love you all anyway! Now, on with the chapter!!
😁💕💕

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Abbreviations
(Y/n) - Your Name
(H/C) - Hair Color
(E/C) - Eye Color
(F/C) - Favorite Color
(H/N) - Horse's Name
~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meridan and I walk through the kitchen to get to the dining room. As we walk through, Meridan motions for me to grab the tray of sweets that his brothers' love so much. I nod, grabbing the tray before following him, keeping the tray behind my back.

Meridan and I make our way into the dining room while King Fergus is telling his tale of his encounter with Mor'du to the young princes again. Two of the three are sleeping while the other is reenacting his father's movements.

"From nowhere, the biggest bear you've ever seen! His hide littered with the weapons of fallen warriors — his face scarred with one dead eye! I drew my sword, and..."

Meridan interrupts the story which brings excitement to the boys' faces. "Whooosh! One swipe, his sword shattered, then, chomp! Dad's leg was clean off! Down the monster's throat it went."

"Aww, that's my favorite part!" The king groans upset he didn't get to finish the story.

I step forward to finish the story. "Mor'du has never been seen since. And he's roaming the wild, awaiting his chance for revenge."

Meridan roads causing the princes to screech and laugh.

King Fergus puffs out his chest. "Let him return. I'll finish what I gobbled in the first place..."

"Meridan, a prince does not place his weapons on the table." Queen Elenor spoke up against the laughter which caused Meridan to groan.

"Mum.. it's just my bow."

She rolls her eyes slightly a bit annoyed with his complaining. "A prince should not have weapons in my opinion."

"Let him be! Prince or not, learning to fight is essential." Fergus throws his hand to the side trying to wave off his wife's opinion on the matter.

The king was right though. Meridan should know how to fight. It's not safe in our world to not know how to fight, that's why I was having Meridan teach me.

Meridan smiles excitedly looking to his mother. He pushed past his mother's previous complaining. "Mom, you'll never guess what (Y/N) and I did, today!"

"Hmm?" Elenor looks to Meridan raising her eyebrow slightly.

He bounces slightly in place. "We climbed the Crone's Tooth and drank from the Fire Falls."

The young princes' eyes widened in shock. They couldn't believe their brother had been brave enough to do it.

"Fire Falls? They say only the ancient kings were brave enough to drink the fire." Fergus says a bit surprised as well.

Meridan laughs a bit and wrinkles his nose at his father causing me to laugh a bit as well. It was nice to see the family so cheerful.

I glance over to Queen Eleanor and I notice she's reading some papers on the table. What were they about?

Eleanor doesn't look up from the letters as she speaks up. She clearly hadn't been listening. "What did you do, dear?"

"Nothing, mom." Meridan sighs.

I step up to him placing a hand on his shoulder in comfort. He looks to me and smiles softly.

He turns from me and starts filling his plate. After his plate was full his mother finally looked up taking notice of his plate first.

"Hungry aren't we?" The Queen asks.

Meridan groans. "Mom!"

"You'll get dreadful collywobbles. Oh, Fergus! Will you look at your son's plate?" Eleanor waves her hand lightly at her son's plate trying to get Fergus's attention.

Fergus lifts his head slightly from the large leg of meat in his hand with more food piled on his plate. He says nothing a little wide eyed as he hadn't listened much while he had been about to stuff his face.

Then the dogs rush into the dining room licking Fergus. He laughs.

"Don't let them li-" Eleanor sighs in annoyance. Then she turns to her sons. "Boys, don't just play with your haggis. How do you know you don't like it if you won't try it?"

The boys gag and try to put the haggis in each other's faces. They wouldn't listen to her.

"It's just a wee sheep's stomach." She rubs her stomach still trying to convince them. "It's delicious."

Maude comes in with three letters on a tray.

"Thank you Maude." Elenor stays taking the letters in hand before Maude leaves. "Ahh it's the Lords Macintosh, MacGuffin, and Dingwall. Their responses no doubt."

While Eleanor and Fergus are distracted I slip the tray under the table to the boys. The three dive under and start stuffing their faces. While they're down there I notice they have a scheming look in their eyes. I wonder what they were planning.

Eleanor smiles excitedly as she holds the letters close. "Fergus.." The room goes silent as everyone turns to look at the Queen. "They've all accepted."

"Who's accepted what, mother?" Meridan asks confused looking between his parents.

"Yeah, what has been accepted?" I ask just as confused at Meridan.

Eleanor turns to the triplets and smiles softly trying to hide her excitement. "Boys, you are excused."

The triplets quickly make their exit as they drop some of the sweets they had stuffed in their clothes. The dogs run after them.

"What did I do now?" Meridan asks a little worried he messed something up.

Eleanor shakes her head signaling that wasn't what this was about. "Your father has something to discuss with you."

Fergus suddenly spits out what he was drinking, surprised Eleanor was making him tell his son.

"Fergus?" Eleanor raises her eyebrows and motions with her eyes to Meridan.

Fergus nervously clears his throat trying to find the words.

Eleanor turns to me. "(Y/N), could you leave as well?"

I nod slightly pushing back in my chair to stand.

Before I got too far Meridan stops me grabbing my arm. "She stays."

Eleanor sighs but nods.

I sit back down glancing over at Meridan before looking to Fergus.

"Meridan..." He started.

Fergus hesitates again, losing his words.

"The lords are presenting their daughters as suitors for your betrothal." Eleanor says unable to wait for Fergus to choose his words.

Meridan and I stare at his mother processing what she said. "What?"

"The clans have accepted!" Eleanor smiles.

Meridan looks to his father upset. "Dad!"

"What? I...you...she...Eleanor!" Fergus turns to look at his wife. He didn't like being put on the spot.

Eleanor looks to Meridan. "Honestly, Meridan! I don't know why you're acting this way."

Meridan groans burying his face in his hands.

"This year each clan will present a suitor to compete in the games for your hand." Eleanor teaches out to Meridan trying to make this sound like a great idea.

How could this be a good idea? Meridan would be force to marry some random girl he doesn't know, that wasn't fair to him at all.

"I suppose a prince just does what he's told!" Meridan says slamming his hands down on the table.

Eleanor sits taller staying firm. "A prince does not raise his voice." She stops taking a breath before continuing. "Meridan, this is what you've been preparing for your whole life."

Meridan pushes his chair back forcefully as he stands. "No! What you've been preparing me for my whole life!"

Meridan was so angry. He starts to storm of still speaking to his mother as he grabs his bow. "I won't go through with it! You can't make me!"

"Meridan!" Eleanor calls out trying to make him stop.

Meridan angrily storms out of the dining hall. I assume he went to his bedroom. I had to go after him.

Eleanor signals to Fergus to try and stop his son.

Fergus stands to go after him. "Meridan!"

As Fergus gets up to go after Meridan, a rope that was tied to his peg leg pull on the table knocking over the entire dinner table. The dogs rush back into the dining hall, attacking the food.

"Boys!!" Fergus cries out knowing this was at the fault of his young sons.

I couldn't wait any longer and I rushed from the hall, Eleanor I'm sure would be soon to follow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

291K 24.4K 15
MY Creditor Side Story ပါ။ Parallel Universe သဘောမျိုးပြန်ပြီး Creation လုပ်ထားတာမို့ main story နဲ့ မသက်ဆိုင်ပဲ အရင် character ကို ရသအသစ် တစ်မျိုးနဲ...
1.8M 136K 62
"ရှင်သန်ခြင်းနဲ့သေဆုံးခြင်းကြား အလွှာပါးပါးလေးကိုဖြတ်ကျော်ခါနီးမှာမှ ငါမောင့်ကိုစွန့်လွှတ်တတ်ဖို့ သင်ယူနိုင်ခဲ့တယ်၊ လူတွေက သံသရာမှာ ရေစက်ရယ်၊ဝဋ်ကြွေး...
3M 248K 96
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...
183K 8.3K 60
𝗕𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗼𝗻𝗮𝗶𝗿𝗲 𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝗘𝗸𝗮𝗻𝘀𝗵 𝗥𝗮𝗴𝗵𝘂𝘃𝗮𝗻𝘀𝗵𝗶 ☆ The CEO of 'Raghuvanshi Group' also an underground Mafia. A typical cold...