The Slytherin Prince

By SlytherinPotterBlack

Harry Potter Badass/Slytherin AU What if Harry Potter had grown up differently at the Dursley's. What if he w... More

⁰⁰| Prologue
⁰¹| A Different Boy-Who-Lived
⁰²| Letter that Changed the World
⁰³| Goblins of Gringotts Wizard Bank
⁰⁵| Family Reunion {Part 1}
⁰⁶| Family Reunion {Part 2}
⁰⁷| Family Reunion {Part 3}
⁰⁸| Moving in with Family {Part 1}
⁰⁹| Moving in with Family {Part 2}
¹⁰| We Have Questions
¹¹| A New Wand {Part 1}
¹²| A New Wand {Part 2}
¹³| Shopping Spree {Part 1}
¹⁴| Shopping Spree {Part 2}
¹⁵| A New Wand {Part 3}
¹⁶| Shopping Spree {Part 3}
¹⁷| Memories
¹⁸| Questions Answered {Part 1}
¹⁹| Questions Answered {Part 2}
²⁰| Questions Answered {Part 3}
²¹| I'm a Businessman.... no, Boy - I'm a Businessboy!
²²| Master of Death
²³| Lord of House Peverell
²⁴| Lord of Too Many Houses
²⁵| Meeting My Grandma
²⁶| My Castle
²⁷| Boyfriend to Lover in a Day
²⁸| A True Lord {Part 1}
²⁹| A True Lord {Part2}
³⁰| Settling In and Investments
³¹| First Impression
³²| Visiting Azkaban {Part 1}
³³| Visiting Azkaban {Part 2}
³⁴| The Beetle {Part 1}
³⁵| The Beetle {Part 2}
³⁶| Anticipation and Training
³⁷| Preparing for The Wizengamot {Part 1}
³⁸ |Preparing for The Wizengamot {Part 2}
³⁹| The Day of The Wizengamot {Part 1}
⁴⁰| The Day of The Wizengamot {Part 2}
⁴¹| The Council {Part 1}
⁴²| The Council {Part 2}
⁴³| The Council {Part 3}
⁴⁴| The Minister {Part 1}

⁰⁴| Realising the truth of the World

29.9K 898 287
By SlytherinPotterBlack

____________________________________

The Slytherin Prince

____________________________________

"Thoughts"

Letter

^Parseltongue^

~~~ August 1, 1990. Right where we left off ~~~

~~~ Harry's POV ~~~

He didn't know what exactly the procedure was in this new, weird world that he seemed to belong to. So he did the on that made most sense gave a bow of the head. The Goblin, who I assumed was the Head Goblin of Gringotts, too seemed shocked at my sign of respect but he is much better than the other Goblins. But I could still see through his mask.

I turned to the Goblin who led me here, "Thank you for escorting me here Mr Griphook" I said in a polite tone. But I seemed to have surprised them again, but also amused, judging from their expressions and Griphook's barked laughter.

"First thing you need to learn about Goblins Mr Potter, we don't use all that Mr, Lord, Sir, crap. Just call us by our names or positions" Griphook told me, obviously amused. I tried my best not to blush in embarrassment.

"And I am not your escort Mr Potter, I was merely returning to my office," he said in a bit harsher voice.

"Your office...Oh! You manage the Potter Vault?" I asked after realising what Griphook had said. The Director's mouth twitched up a little at this, "Not Vault, Mr Potter, Potter Vaults. There are at least six that I remember" he said, smirking at the surprise on my face that slipped through my mask at the mention that my Family had six-SIX Vaults at the Bank.

Ragnok grinned wickedly, "And those are not the only Vaults that belong to you". I became more astonished with every word he spoke. More Vaults!?!?

"So, Mr Potter, take a seat and tell me what you know about the truth of this world?" asked Ragnok. I was about to answer his question when a question of mine popped in my head. "Wait a minute, how do you know that I don't know much about the true world?" I asked him.

He grinned. "We knew the reason that you didn't get the monthly updates that you were supposed to receive, about your Vaults and investments, every month once you turned seven" he explained. "And the fact that you never arrived for the formal ceremony that had to be conducted to formally swear you into a Noble and Ancient House conducted by Gringotts Goblins to make sure that you indeed a true Potter and to grant you access to the Potter wealth" he proceeded, a bit impatiently.

I thought about what he said for a second, "Director, you said you know the reason that I didn't receive my monthly reports, well, what is it?". He frowned, but I got the feeling it wasn't because of me.

"Albus Dumbledore, your Magical Guardian," he said simply. "Magical Guardian? What the heck is that? And who is this Dumbles guy?" I asked. Ragnock smiled truly for the first time. "It's good to know that at least someone doesn't know who the 'Great Albus Dumbledore - Leader of the Light' is".

"Who is he?". "He is many things and holds multiple powerful positions in our world, but first I need to know what you know about the world you belong in". "Well, all I know is that Magic is real".

"This makes things easier, at least you believe in magic". He then explained to me about Witches and Wizards and about Magic. He explained to me about various Magical creatures and their places in society. Like House Elves, Goblins and Centaurs. He explained to me a blood purity and the Noble Houses, Noble and Ancient House and the rare few Noble and Most Ancient Houses.

He explained how the Wizengamot of the British Isles works, along with the Ministry of Magic and the distinction between the British Wizengamnot and Wizengamots found in other parts of the world like India and Spain.

He explained the Goblin Wars, from the Wizards' points of view and explained the prejudice Wizards hold towards other creatures they consider 'beneath' them or 'dark' creatures.

When he was done and explaining and I finished asking questions, I sat still and contemplated. That's when I realised I forgot something. "Oh gods, I forgot the letter that my Aunt gave me!". I opened the envelope carefully, while Ragnok and Griphook looked on, intrigued.

I read the letter the supposed 'Leader of the Light' sent my Aunt all those years ago and the letter my Aunt had written to me, explaining why she couldn't take care of me better. I couldn't believe the contents of the letter and I had t read it multiple times.

The more times I re-read the letter the angrier I became. My hands started shaking and the glass table and goblets started trembling due to some unknown force.

"Mr Potter, get your emotions under control" Ragnok barked sternly. I tried my best to reign my feeling under control and try to lock up the rage I felt at just the thought of this Dumble-fuck guy.

I slowed breathing and tried to control my emotions. And as of a switch had been flipped, the trembling stopped. "That is an impressive control of your accidental magic Mr Potter, but you need to figure out what to do about this case of abuse and other things that I will explain to you," Griphook said grudgingly as if it hurt to say the compliment, but finished the sentence in a business-like tone.

Not that I blame him for his reluctance, to speak to a Wizard in such a civilised way after everything 'my kind' ahs done to them is already a great feat in itself.

"Sorry about that, Director", I apologised. Both of them raised their eyebrows appreciatively but said nothing. I asked them about it, and got an answer that made me angry, again. "No Wizard has ever apologised to a Goblin in over a Decade. The last person to do so was your Mother" Griphook said with a somewhat wistful grin at her memory.

That statement alone made me feel multiple emotions at once. Sad, Lonely, and most importantly - Proud and God knows what else.

"Well, that just made my day and made me very angry. I mean, how idiotic can Wizards be? Considering themselves better just because their taller and can use wands!" I complained, more like whining, but same difference.

Ragnok smiled, his first genuine smile I have ever seen.

"You have to understand Mr Potter, Wizards care a lot about blood status. As we are considered 'Magical Creatures', they think we are beneath them. As though they are better than the rest of us. Most of them as feeble-minded as a potato, due to all the in-breeding they did to keep their blood pure".

"They even look down on their own kin; Just because they are part Creature - like part-Veela, Werewolves, part-Neko or any other part Creature", he explained. My face twisted into a grimace at the thought of in-breeding.

The more he explained the prejudice Wizards have over Creatures, the more it made me think that the whole bunch are just a bunch of brainless baboons. "How can someone discriminate against someone, just because of how they look like, or because of who their parents are. That's like discriminating against dark-skinned people because they have dark skin", I said exasperated at Wizards' narrow-minded thoughts.

"Honestly how stupid are Wizards, they say that you are beneath them and then they give you all of their gold to protect, in one place that you can just take and runoff. And the best thing is, they won't even be able to do anything", I said, trying to contain my laughter.

"Honestly, how dumb! Why would they even have a treaty if Goblin-kind didn't have a way to protect itself, that Wizards still don't know how to breach! Am I right or am I right!" I said grinning. Ragnok and Griphook smirked maliciously.

"You are the first one point that out. Most Wizards think that we are at their mercy and that they won the war, and the treaty was signed to give us mercy. But they don't realise that even if they beat us in the battlefields, they could never once breach our wards, and still can't do it', he said proudly.

"They forget that some of the most famous relics known to Wizard-kind are all Goblin-made - The Sword of Gryffindor, The Locket of Slytherin, The Diadem of Ravenclaw, The Goblet of Hufflepuff, The Ancestral Black Diamond Jewels of House Black as well as all the Rings of The Noble and Ancient Houses and above that rank, are all Goblin-made".

"One of the most researched areas in Magic are Ancient Runes and Arithmancy, and Wizards still can't match-up to anywhere near the protections Goblin Wards offer, like the ones that protect Gringotts and the most important Vaults here," he said as if giving a crash course on the importance of Goblins and their achievements, 'Things you need to know about Goblins - 101'.

I nodded and filed away all the information for later use. "What should I do about this Dumb-as-a-door?" Ragnok smirked as if plotting against influential Wizards is his favourite pass-time hobby.

This was going to be fun!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.9K 2.2K 25
❝𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐬?❞ -𝒓.𝒂.𝒃. ➝ In a world of shadows and secrets 𝙍𝙤𝙭𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙚...
1.2K 35 9
New Summory- The summer before the third year happens differently for Harry. The Dursleys burn most of his wizard stuff not long after returning for...
12.7K 455 24
COMPLETE Imagine a story where Harry Potter lives his life as he wants without the overbearing so called family breathing down his neck. Living with...
286 13 4
New Summary-The summer before Harry's fourth year happens differently. It was not long after Sirius Black had been saved from a dementor kiss that he...