Broken Lungs

By Biscuits_Gravy4949

I walked out of the door, I could feel beat of the party. I leaned against the wall, lighting the cigarette a... More

001
002

003

17 3 0
By Biscuits_Gravy4949

Louis walked into school, looking at the delivered messages. Teegan had never answered him and he understood why. He had kissed her out of no where, she looked terrified for a second. He wouldn't be surprised if she never talked to him again. Louis sighed then started walking to where he and his band mates meet before they had to go to class.

Louis walked up to his group, trying to pull on a smile, but they all saw through it. Harry clapped him on the back, " How are you, Lou?"

" Good." He lied. He felt like shit. He barley slept just in case Teegan decided to text him at four in the morning.

" Any reply?" Liam asked.

Louis shook his head, " No. I just wish I could explain it to her."

" She'll come around." Liam said reassuringly, " Plus, you were both drunk. Maybe she doesn't even remember it and was just busy."

" I was a hell of a lot more drunk then her and I still remember it." Louis groaned. For some reason he was over taken with guilt. He felt weird for being worried about a ruined friendship that wasn't even a week old.

" It will fine." Liam stared messing with Harry, while he leaned back on him. Grabbing his cheeks while Harry's eyes went wide.

" I'm tired and it's winter." Harry protested so Liam laughed and stopped.

Louis smiled at the youngest member of One Direction. Harry looked very tired as if he woke up two minutes ago. Sleep still had a very strong hold on him. His lose curls were held back by a bandanna. Niall didn't look any better, his eyes were a bit swollen from sleep. His hair was a mess, while he was just in a jeans and a jumper.

" Are you alright?" Louis asked.

" Oh, yeah, we just stayed up till three playing Call of Duty." Niall yawned.

" Then Gemma's dog woke me up at five." Harry complained, " For no reason."

" Oh, you poor lad." Louis mocks.

" Shut up!" Harry protests jokingly.

" On more important matters, have you all talked to your parents about the-" Zayn trailed off as Teegan showed up beside Louis. Louis was confused, but then turned around. His jaw dropped open, but quickly shut.

" Hey, Louis, can we talk?" She asked. Her eyes were a bit red and swollen shut.

Harry, being sleep deprived, had no boundaries or filter, " Are you high?"

Niall started laughing, then Teegan shrugged, " Yeah, you want some?"

Harry's eyes grew wide, then smiled with his lip shut. Not exactly smiling, but pulling his face back, looking shocked, " No, thank you."

" But, sure. We can talk." Louis nods, then follows her to the hallway near the stair well were they ran into each other.

Teegan turned around in front of him, in one swift motion, grabbed his face and kissed him. Louis stood there shocked for a minute, then kissed back. He got a rush of euphoria, before remembering that just because they clicked, didn't mean they could excuse the fact the met four days ago and haven't talked during half of that. He pushed her back, but kept a grip on her arms. " What was that?"

" I wanna date you. I want to be your girlfriend." Teegan says out of the blue. She obviously didn't know what she was doing since she looked like she questioned it a bit in her head after saying that.

" What?" Louis asked. He was very confused. He was just ghosted for two day then he had the ghoster wanting to become his girlfriend.

" Isn't that what kissing me meant? You want to date me? I have this spot I found when I was exploring the city, it's secluded, we could skip school. We could hang out, get to know each other. It's right beside the highway, near Nando's and IHOP, just a short five minute walk," Teegan smiled kindly at him. Her green eyes were entrancing. Louis has read somewhere that only two percent of people had green eyes.

Teegan didn't have hazel eyes, there wasn't any brown or yellow. They looked like Gof took a blade of grass from a summer field and make her eyes with it. Louis was snapped out of his trance when the green eyes got another emotion; confusion, " That is what you wanted, right?"

" Teegan-" Louis started.

She pulled her arm out of his grip, putting a hand up, " No, please. I've already embarrassed myself enough. I'm so sorry."

" Teegan, wait." Louis pulled her back, " I don't want to date you, yet. I feel something there, that's why I kissed you. I was also off my ass drunk, but I didn't mean to confuse you. But why the change of heart. You rush out of the bar, then ignore me for two days, then want to date? What the hell is that?" Louis asked, trying to get his head around it. He was confused, sure he was starting to fancy but he didn't want to be played with.

Teegan's eyes went wide, then cloudy with tears. She shook her head, once again getting out of his grasp, " I'm sorry, Louis, I didn't think about this."

She walked away. Louis sighed, looking down. When he looked back up to catch up with her, she was gone. He furrowed his eyebrows, then walked back to his group, his confusion was the only thing on his mind. When he got to the table at the back of the cafeteria, he sat down halfhearted.

" Where did she go?" Liam asked.

" You haven't seen her?" Louis looked up, watching them all shake their heads, " I don't know, she walked off."

___

Louis was walking away from room 206. Teegan wasn't there at all. He skipped the last five minutes of class to make sure she couldn't sneak out, but maybe she did the same thing so she wouldn't see him. But Louis knew that wasn't it, she wasn't at school at all.

Sighing, the brown haired boy started walking away from the room. Louis started walking to the parking lot when he ran into Liam, " Ey, mate, where are you going?"

" I'm going to find Teegan, she's not here." Louis explains. He can't help but feel a tad bit guilty since he would have handled the situation better. Louis shouldn't have gotten so mad.

" So, you're skipping school?" Liam asked.

" Yeah," Louis shrugged, " It's not like we need it anyway. Plus I'm eighteen, I can do what I want."

" You sure mate?" Liam asked, putting a hand on Louis' shoulder.

" Yeah, something was off about her. But maybe I don't know. I barley know her." Louis added the last part because it would sound weird. He barely knew her, that's true, but something was off.

She didn't seem like the person to rush a relationship, or to get high without going to a party or a good reason. Louis felt as if they just clicked, but the kissing did put something between them. He was probably delusional from little sleep and his little crush he had, but something was off.

Liam nodded, then bid him goodbye. Louis walked away from Liam and went to the back doors. He started walking to his car, not even caring if he could be seen from the windows of he classes.

___

Louis parked his car in the IHOP parking lot, to see a thin trail separating a little forest. He looked to the left, to see Nando's. Somehow he didn't see the trail, during the millions of times Niall has begged Louis to take him there.

Louis followed the worn path to a little meadow that has a clump of rocks over the edge of a little creek. Teegan sat on the rocks, looking over the edge. She sniffed, then looked back at me. " What do you want?"

" Can I sit?" Louis ignored her question, because he didn't know himself. He had no idea why he just dropped school at the drop of a hat for a girl who obviously didn't want it.

" Do I have a choice?" She sniffles again, but didn't say no as Louis sat down.

" You always have a choice. If you tell me to leave I'll leave. Right now." He promises.

He and Teegan both waited for her to say leave, but she never did. So they sat in silence listening to the creek below and the sounds of the woods. Which weren't a lot since everything was down south or in hibernating, but it was still very relaxing. Louis scooted closer and closer to Teegan, giving her the time to pull away. When she didn't, Louis pulled her into a hug.

The body heat felt great for both since it was a cold January day, while before noon. Teegan was almost done crying when she started again, " Everything this is falling apart."

Louis froze for a second, before changing the side hug into a real hug. Teegan melted into the grip, then clutched Louis like her life line. " You don't have to tell me anything."

Teegan nodded from inside his chest. Louis wanted to know what was going on in her mind, so bad. Just so he can comfort her the right way. Instead of just hugging her, he wanted to say the right thing to make all this suffering go away. But he had no idea what she'd say if he could make all this pain go away. He just wanted to stop for a minute, so Teegan could get her heart in the right place so she wouldn't live another second with this pain that's she's been carrying. But Louis understood that pain is a part of life, and sometimes you don't need to stand up, you just need to be comforted in the pain for a minute.

" Shh," Louis tried to sooth, but when he comforted his sisters he knew what was going on, " You'll be alright."

" No! N-No, I won't be!" She sobbed into his chest, aching for some of this pain to go away. She tried to take a breathe in but it felt like it her chest was constricted. Teegan couldn't get a good breathe in while she was trying to calm down

Louis sat there stunned, then squeezed her harder. He chose not to say anything and just let the sounds of water calm her and hold her. After thirty minutes, Teegan picked her head up. She wiped her nose on her sleeve and she sniffed. Her green eyes were bloodshot and puffy, and her black hair was a mess.

" I'm sorry," Teegan felt horrible. She felt bad that she just dumped this all on a new stranger and she has just cried for an hour, " I-I've just been having a roughy time."

" Shh," Louis coos, " You don't have to apologize. Or explain anything. You don't owe me an explanation. It's your life. I'm just here for support."

This alone made Teegan and to bust out in tears and hug him again. But she just pulled a small, weak and tired grin and nodded. The best thanks she could give. She also didn't think Louis' hoodie could handle any more crying.

Louis looked at Teegan, trying to read her emotions. Even though he said that she didn't have to explain, he wanted her to. But that wasn't his call, and she was too stressed out and emotional to make a decision that she wasn't going to regret. So, until she was actually ready, Louis was going to be her support team.

" How about we go get some pancakes?" Louis offers, softly.

___

After sitting in the back of IHOP, Teegan put her menu up so it acted like a wall, " I can't believe I let you talk me into going to a public place after I just cried."

" Hey, I did nothing of the sort. I just offered and you didn't even say no." Louis shrugged, " And if it makes you feel better I can order while you hide in your menu cave."

Teegan rolled her eyes and continued to scan the menu. Louis bit his lip a bit, while studying Teegan. She had pretended that she didn't cry or kiss him. She was just pushing it all away, pretending that it didn't matter or weigh as much as it did. And as long at Louis got to be friends with Teegan, he would glad to be playing her game.

" You can stop analyzing me, now." Teegan broke Louis' train of thought.

" Sorry," Louis said sheepishly, " I guess I just wanted to make sure your okay."

Teegan muttered something about being reminded of her mum, when she looked up at him, " I'm fine."

Louis nodded, " So, what do you want to talk about?"

" Not that." Teegan nodded her head in the direction of the line of trees.

" Ever?" Louis asked, hoping he wasn't prodding too much in a place he shouldn't even know about.

She shrugged, taking a sip from her chocolate milk. Louis but his bottom lip between his teeth, then sucked in a breathe. " You know, when I was in sixth grade, I got into a car crash."

Teegan's eyes grew wide looking up to his. " I'm so sorry, I didn't know."

" No, it's fine. We've only been friends for a few days. But that car crash was the worst thing to happen to me. I remember every single detail about it." Louis admitted, " I barley talked for the rest of the year, scaring everyone shitless. I just couldn't put how I felt into words. I was scare. I didn't ride in a car for a long time. My family was fine. They didn't remember the crash, I was the only one that did-and does."

Teegan didn't say anything. She just listened and wondered why he's telling her this. In his own words, they had only been friends for a few days. Louis continued, making direct eye contact which Teegan found weird for a topic so serious. " But when my mum finally convinced me to talk to her, I felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I slowly started to become the person I am today."

" Why are you telling me this?" Teegan asked, quietly. She didn't want to come off as rude, she jus didn't know why he was telling her something so important.

" Because, I'm saying that life gets a lot easier when you talk about whatever your going through," Before Teegan could protest, Louis held up a sigh, " I'm not saying you have to tell anyone right now, or even me. But when it gets bad enough, tell someone. It weighs you down, sinks into your thoughts."

Louis looks down, then back up to meet the green eyes. He pulled a light smile," Shit, that was deep."

" Just a bit." Teegan nodded. Then took a bite of her pancakes that had arrived during Louis' Ted Talk, " I will tell someone. Just not right now."

Louis looked up from his tea, a smile set on his face, " Good. Just don't wait too long."

" I won't." Teegan promised.

__

Later that day at band practice, Louis could hardly focus. He had wanted to stay with Teegan until her mum came home, but he had to go to band practice. It required a lot of persuasion on Teegan's side to him to leave. Louis heard talking but he was lost in thought.

" Louis," Liam snapped his fingers in front of his face, " Come on mate, you can day dream about Teegan later. We're going from the top, but adding tell me a lie at the end."

" Sorry," Louis nodded, not even feeling the need to deny it since they all knew what he was thinking.

Harry caught on to this, " You alright, mate?"

" Hmh?" Louis looked up from his guitar where he was working on riff he messed the last they played tell me a lie, " Yeah, I'm fine."

" You sure?" Zayn asked.

" Yeah, it's just-" Louis paused, " She just seems like she has a lot going on."

" Like what?" Niall asked,

" I don't know. She didn't want to tell me and I didn't want her to." Louis shrugged, taking his guitar off and putting it on the stand.

" You didn't want to know?" Liam asked, doing the same."

Louis walked over to the mini fridge they have in the garage of Harry's mum's place, " She obviously didn't want to tell me and when she was about to I told her not to. I don't think she's ready to tell anyone yet."

" That's very big of you." Zayn commented.

" Yeah." Louis said, not wanting to be thanked for human decency, " If was the last I could do. She seemed very stressed."

" Go talk to her." Liam said, sitting on the futon pushed up against the wall.

" What about practice?" Louis asked, but already putting his jacket on.

" We signed a record label. I'm pretty sure this is the most free we will be for a while. Plus, we deserve to celebrate!" Liam shouted, cheering with the bandmates.

Louis smiled at the boys, then pulled his car keys from his jacket and started to walk out. Harry followed and grabbed him by the shoulder. Harry breathed out making his breathe curl in on itself and span out. " Do you fancy her?"

Louis sucked a breath in, which hurt his throat a bit since it was still early January," I have no idea."

" I think you, I just want to say be careful, since we don't know her." Harry advised, " I mean I'm happy for you no matter what, but she's a wild card."

" I know. She's not bad though." Louis looked at the sun that was setting on the horizon, " She's very nice."

" Alright, mate, if you say so." Harry nodded, clapped him on his shoulder and walked back in the house to get a ride with one of the boys.

Louis got in his car, wondering what he should do. He barely knows there girl, was he really going to show up at her house at six to check up on her? Were they that kind of friends yet? Louis let out a low growl and started for his house. He'd just send her a text.

Sorry for the wait, I think my school is gonna be out another week because of snow.

Pieces Angels and Stay Safe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

983K 17.1K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
592K 9.2K 63
หห‹ยฐโ€ข*โ€โžท ๐—”๐—ฑ๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜„๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ป๐˜‚๐—บ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—ฎ ๐—ด๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐˜€๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ฑ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฒ ๐—ป๐—ผ ๐—บ๐—ฎ๐˜๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐˜€ ๐˜†๐—ผ๏ฟฝ...
611K 30.7K 23
โ†ณ โ [ ILLUSION ] โž โ” yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader โ” yandere helluva boss x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, a powerful d...
264K 6.3K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc