ᵀʰᵉ ⁿᵘᵐᵇᵉʳᵉᵈ ʰᵉʳᵒ || ᵀʰᵉ ᴾʳᵒᵐ...

By YamuYamSwirl

7̴6̴3̴9̴4̴.̴.̴.̴ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴜᴍʙᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʜᴀᴅ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ɴᴇᴄᴋ ᴀꜱ ʟᴏɴɢ ᴀꜱ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ. ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴜɴᴅᴇ... More

(Y/N)
「121045」
「131045」

「181045」

1.4K 64 24
By YamuYamSwirl

If you want more The Promised Neverland content from me, please check out my newest fic!

⚠️ WARNING ⚠️

IMMEDIATE MANGA SPOILERS IN THE FANFICTION

Anyways, if you're a manga reader or are comfortable with spoilers a little description of the book is below!

The reader, a (female) otaku dies and gets reincarnated as a baby in Grace Field plantation 3 with her memories of her previous life. How will she deal with this and will she try to stay with the original plot or change things? Will she fall in love or will she die, again?

A second chance!! The Promised Neverland x F!Reader out now!

------------------------------

"Hi" - speech

'Hi' - thoughts

Hi - sounds

------------------------------

A demon's minion. Mom's subordinate? A second set of eyes watching us. Another person in the way. Another obstacle.

------------------------------

'We have 16 kids who are under three years old and mom's not the only enemy anymore.' I recall 'It's now even more difficult to escape.'

"Damn it!" Norman shouts, as he punches the tree that Ray consistently resides under.

I jump at the sudden shouting. Emma notices and grabs my hand. I give her a smile, one which she returns.

"This is bad. Another demon minion. Plus she's living in an inconvenient spot." Ray says relatively calmly although you could hear he was agitated.

"The vacant room we just cleaned." I mumble.

...About 10 minutes earlier...

"Please use this room." Mom says as she turns to Sister Krone, gesturing inside a room on the second floor.

"Understood, thank you." Sister Krone replies, turning to face Mom.

Emma, Ray, Norman, and I were intently watching this scene play out from the landing on the stairs, observing our enemies.

"Her room is in the center of the three children's rooms." Emma says so just us three kids can hear.

"To make it easier for her to watch us..." Norman adds on.

Both Mom and Sister Krone turn around after noticing our presence. Emma, Norman, and I give them polite smiles while Ray's expression doesn't change, as per usual.

... Present...

"We played into her hands and made preparations to welcome another enemy." Norman explains "I would have known had I given it more thought"

"But even if we knew there was no way to prevent it." Ray reasons "Why are you so..."

"It's not about preventing it. Mom kept dangling clues in front of us." Norman snaps back.

'I suppose Norman has a point. If it was just to take us by surprise, she wouldn't have made us do those chores.' I think .

I sigh.

'and I thought we were doing good. This just reminds me, we are still children in the palm of her hand. And what waits beyond that is certain death.' I recall as I squeeze Emma's hand harder.

Emma looks over at me concerned. I turn to her and speak.

"It's all about Mom. Unless we surpass her, there's no way we can escape."

I think Emma was about to say something to me but Ray cuts her off.

"Y'know maybe making us depressed is also what she was going for." Ray starts

"I'm way better at strategy than you. I see right through you. Give up. Is probably what Mom is trying to tell us" Ray continues, I nod

"If she dangled hints in front of us, that's what she wanted to show off. We don't have to play by her rules. In the end, if we escape it's our win." Ray finishes

"Yeah! Crying would only satisfy the enemy. Also, I think that was the most motivational thing you've ever said, Ray." I reply.

Ray snorts at my last comment.

"We should actually be happy about this." Ray says.

"Huh?" Emma asks while Norman looks intrigued.

"Now we have more sources of information. Carol and Sister Krone." Ray explains.

Emma gasps as the realization that Ray was correct hits her.

"We needed more information. So, in that sense, this situation isn't so bad." Ray confirms.

"This isn't over yet!" Emma exclaims.

'Yeah. We're the ones who'll win in the end.' I think with a smirk.

...

Emma, Ray, Norman, and I had gathered in the library.

"I was too distracted by the tracking devices." Norman mudders under his breath.

However, I was standing right next to him and was able to hear what he said.

"Norman, you're still beating yourself up over that?" I ask, placing my hand on his shoulder comfortingly in case he was

Norman sighs and looks over at me, giving me a smile. I take my hand off his shoulder.

"Not really... I'm just thinking about everything." Norman admits.

"I feel you. It's definitely stressful." I say, agreeing with Norman.

Norman lets out a little chuckle.

Mine and Norman's little chat got the attention of Emma and Ray.

"Hey. Something else is on my mind." Ray speaks up.

"What's the matter, Ray?" Emma asks.

"Where did those two come from?" Ray asks.

"Huh? You mean Krone and Carol?" I ask.

"Duh?! Who else?!" Ray snaps back.

I just raised my eyebrow at Ray's aggressiveness and lean back against the wall with the world map on it.

"Carol is Conny's replacement." Norman tells us straightforward as he walks over and leans on two chairs at the table "So they're replenishing the merchandise."

"Yeah, if this place is a farm, not an orphanage, they must have a site where they prepare one-year-olds for replenishment." Ray confirms.

"So did all of us come from there originally?" Emma, who was just out of my line of sight, leaning on a bookshelf, asks.

"Probably." I quickly reply.

"Also that Sister Krone..." Ray starts.

"It's significant that there's another adult other than Mom." Norman says, cutting Ray off.

"There might be other farms just like here, so the adults who obey the demons..." Norman says, pausing to probably think for a second.

"Are they under control of the demons from birth, or are they captured after being born in a human society?" I ask, finishing what Norman was going to say.

Norman gives a nod.

"After we escape, things will change depending on that." Norman keeps talking.

"But first, we need to figure out how to escape with everyone." Ray reminds us.

"Yeah. Ray's right. We might be getting slightly ahead of ourselves." I say.

"And the location of the tracking devices." Ray says, reminding us to stay on track, again.

"I searched all over my body, but I didn't find any traces of something implanted." Emma tells us as she slightly steps out from behind the bookshelf, patting herself down.

"And nothing in our clothes or shoes." Norman adds on.

"Based on humankind's existing technology, it probably uses radio waves." Ray says.

"But that requires batteries." I remind Ray.

Typical Ray doesn't even spare me a glance before continuing.

"Something really small that wouldn't leave a scar, and with batteries that last over 10 years." Ray continues "That kind of product wouldn't exist in 2015."

"Meaning?" Emma asks

"It'll be difficult to predict the mechanism, find the location, and figure out how to break it." Ray replies "And we might as well give up if it's technology originating from the demons."

"True." Norman says.

"What? So, checkmate?" Emma asks growing increasingly more worried.

"Yup." I say.

"No way!" Emma yells, grabbing her head in frustration.

"Well, even if we can't figure it out, we can guess." Norman suggests.

Ray seems to like Norman's answer.

"Yeah. We have to think from the enemy's point of view." Ray says "where and what kind of advice would be the most convenient to implant?"

Emma calms down to think about it as the room goes silent. I'll admit this was stumping me too.

"Carol!" Norman says breaking the silence.

"Huh?" I ask.

"Even if the other kids don't have a mark, since she just arrived, she might have one." Ray tells us.

"A mark from implanting the tracking devices." I say, realizing where Norman and Ray were going with this.

Emma seems to realize too as she turns to me, surprised.

...

"The kids like her." Norman starts, looking at sister Krone.

I look back at sister Krone from where I'm standing at the sink in the dining room. I nod and go back to washing dishes.

'Emma and Gilda should be with the nine youngest kids in mom's room right now.' I think 'For some reason the only ones allowed to help with bathing and changing the youngest every night are the older girls.'

(If you're a girl or non-binary then Gilda asked to take your place in changing the babies tonight and you agreed. If you're a boy then you can't help with the babies.)

I zone out until I notice Norman and Ray stop talking. I look over to see Ray tapping a fork on a tray as he turns to stare, menacingly, at Norman.

'Kill?'

I was about to ask what they were talking about when I suddenly notice sister Krone standing behind us. She gets close to Norman and Ray's face as she starts to talk.

"Norman, ray," Sister Krone starts.

She leans back to look at me, standing next to Ray, closest to the door.

"and (Y/N), right?" Sister Krone finishes with.

"Yes." Ray replies bluntly.

Sister Krone doesn't seem to care about Ray's shortness as she grins.

"I heard you three get perfect scores on the test." Krone says.

"Yes." Norman replies, the same way Ray did.

"That's amazing." Sister Krone tells us, narrowing her eyes as her smile grows.

Sister Krone then bends down to our level.

"It's nice to meet you. I hope we can get along." She says, with her hands outstretched for us to shake.

Norman and Ray stare blankly at her for a second before shaking her hand. She looks between my two friends eyeing them creepily before weirdly walking away.

"I didn't get a handshake" I mumble slightly dejected.

But only slightly. Sister Krone is weird.

Ray scoffs as we immediately go back to washing dishes while Norman watches Sister Krone leave.

"Did she hear us?" Ray asks once Sister Krone is across the room.

"No, we're fine." Norman replies, not taking his eyes off the sink.

"I don't think that sister came here just to watch us." I speak up.

"What do you mean?" Asks Ray.

"The way that she looked at us was different." I reply.

Norman nods.

"I agree. She's probably suspecting us, the oldest among everyone." Norman adds.

"Where did she get that information?" Ray inquires.

"Isn't it obvious? From Mom." Norman says.

Ray turns his head towards Norman. I do the same.

"Mom is definitely closing in on us." Norman continues "We have to hurry."

"By the way, what were you guys talking about before Sister Krone came over here? Was I supposed to listen?" I ask, slightly sheepishly.

Norman sweat drops while a tic mark appears on Ray's forehead as he grits his teeth.

"Pay attention when were talking you dolt!" Ray loudly exclaims as he bonks me fairly hard on the head with this fist.

"Ow!" I say as I rub my head where Ray hit me.

I can hear giggles coming from the other kids in the dining room.

------------------------------

"Play time!" Emma yells as she runs outside while a blue ball.

"Hey wait for me!!" I shout at Emma, running after her.

When Emma gets near the tree Ray is sitting at she punts the ball and lets out a gleeful yell, holding her head. Instead of stopping by Emma when I also get to the tree, I run past after the ball. She giggles and chases after me.

...

"The ear, huh?" I say raising my hand to my ear after Emma had informed us about the location of the tracking device.

"Yeah, no one would notice this." Ray says, also holding his ear "Although you can definitely feel it once you know where it is."

"I never knew about the mark from where they took our blood." Norman says, hand to his ear.

"Ditto." I say, lowering my hand.

"And it's something that disappears so quickly?" Norman adds on.

"Yeah. I didn't even suspect it at all this whole time. I'm sorry." Emma says, holding the ball closer to her.

"No, you did well, Emma." Norman tells Emma, giving her a close-eyed smile.

I nod my head rapidly, agreeing with Norman.

"We now know the location, shape, and size of the tracking device." Norman says.

I, once again, rapidly nod my head. Emma smirks.

"We can move to the next step." Norman informs us.

"After locating it..." Emma starts.

"How to break it." We all say simultaneously holding up our hands in a matter of fact way.

"What do we do? If we cut it open to inspect it..." Norman starts, feeling his ear again.

"We'd be busted right away. Even if we, for example, did anything to the ears and hid the wounds with our hair, we'd be powerless if mom combs through our hair." I finish.

"Just thinking about her discovering an incision mark is bad for my heart." Emma states slightly sarcastically, holding the ball in one arm and placing her free hand over her heart.

"But I guess that's why she always does it. To check if nothing happened to the transmitter in our left ear." Emma recalls.

"Yeah." Ray agrees.

"She can track us, but she can't identify who each of us are just by looking at her screen. She has to physically head over to where the signal is coming from to find out who we are with her own eyes. Heck, she doesn't even get any sort of signal when one of us get close to the gate or the fencing. The transmitter embedded into our bodies has rather limited functions." Ray starts.

"Huh? Really!?" Emma asks, shocked.

"But for some reason they still chose to use these trackers in particular." Ray continues.

"Yeah. However, they're still implanted." Emma reminds Ray.

"Yeah. And why? They must be confident they can find us anywhere as long as the transmitter is intact. No matter how far we run away, they'll always be on our tails." Ray's finishes, ignoring Emma's shock.

'It's not broken. We're still within their grasp.' I solemnly remind myself, reaching up to my ear again.

"Wait. Does that mean if it does notify them, it'd be when the tracking device is destroyed?" Norman pipes up, looking over to Ray who looks back.

"That's a possibility, too." Ray confirms.

"Meaning?" Emma asks, after thinking for a second.

"They can find us as long as they're intact, but they can't if they're not. In other words, it wouldn't be strange if they get notified only when it's broken, like with an alarm or something." Ray replies.

"So if we destroy it, Mom will know immediately." I state.

"Well, that is if a notification function even exists." Ray reminds me.

I nod.

"But thinking that Mom purposely let us know about the existence of the tracking devices..." Norman starts, taking a step forward.

"What if she was trying to hint her confidence and being able to find us even if we destroy the trackers?" I ask for Norman.

Norman nods in my direction signaling that he really was wondering the same thing.

"It won't be easy to render these things useless." Norman says.

"It's risky to mess with it and break it." Ray says.

"So we can only destroy it when we escape." Norman concludes.

"Ehhhhh!?" Emma yells, surprised.

"Then how will we figure out how to break it?" Emma asks, very concerned.

"Well, for that, this shape and size brings something to mind." Ray says in his usual emotionless expression, pointing to his ear.

Emma relaxes her shoulders and I shift on my feet next to her waiting for Ray to continue.

"Can you leave this part of the plan to me?" Ray asks.

"Are you sure you can handle it?" Norman asks wearily.

"Yeah." Ray replies flatly, looking away.

"If you insist, we'll leave this to you." I say, trusting that Ray can handle this like he says he can.

"Then the only thing left is taking everyone with us." Norman says, changing the subject, putting his hand to his chin.

Emma and I move our gaze over to Norman.

"The problem is that everyone completely trusts Mom," Norman starts.

Emma starts to look more worried.

"and that many of the kids probably won't be able to handle the truth." Norman finishes.

"Do you think we'll have to lie to them to take them outside?" Emma asks, bringing the ball up to her face, as she slightly tenses just thinking about it.

A distressed look slowly creeps onto my face and I look down to the ground.

'I don't want to have to lie to anyone! I don't want to betray their trust in any way.' I think.

"There's also the problem of insignificant abilities." Ray says "or just plain dumb. In simpler terms, they're a hindrance."

"Ray!" Emma shouts angrily, almost chucking the ball violently towards Ray for insulting our siblings.

A smile finds its way onto my face, replacing my previously sour look, as Ray just sighs and continue speaking like Emma wasn't about to just hit him.

"But it's the truth." Ray protests "Some aren't good at physical activities, and we have babies who can hardly walk, plus the ones who can usually suck at running."

"Ray's got a point..." I mumble.

Emma lowers her weapon knowing that Ray is right.

"For that, I have an idea." Emma speaks up.

"What is it?" Norman asks.

"Playing tag." Emma replies, seriously

"Playing tag?" I deadpan "How's that gonna help much?"

Norman makes a confused noise.

...

"Norman is "It," and everyone has runs away from him using their head and bodies." Emma reviews, sitting on the ball while Norman, Ray and I are sat on the ground.

"We're pretending it's play when we're actually training." Norman states.

"If it looks like we're playing Mom won't find out." I confirm, getting Ray to nod.

"(Y/N) and I will teach them how to utilize their bodies." Emma declares and I nod.

"As for how to utilize their brains..." I start.

"Leave it to us." Ray and Norman say simultaneously, cutting me off.

I smile and nod graciously.

'By playing with everyone like this everyday, we won't get any guarantee that we'll be able to outrun the demons... But we'll be able to teach them the basics of escape.' I think, smiling.

...

I'm running through the forest with many kids behind, following me after Emma and I declared we're going to help them get better at tag. If I recall correctly the people following me are Yvette, Anna, Rossi, Mark, Vivian, and some other younger kids. Emma should be training Thoma, Lani, Don, Phil, Sherry, Gilda, and the rest of the younger kids who were willing to get better.

'This will definitely help with their stamina!' I remind myself.

...

"Don't rush." Ray says to everyone, teaching them and giving them tips on how to utilize their brains in tag.

I'm actually listening intently too. I may be one of the smartest kids but I've never thought about tag this seriously. The information Ray is giving is good for everyone. I really hope all the kids take this seriously.

"Think. What can you do to escape?" Ray reminds us.

...

"Norman won't overlook things like footprints." I recall Ray saying as I watch Lani stomp out his real footprints, leaving fake footprints in the opposite direction.

'At least he listened.' I smirked, going to catch up with him so we can stick together.

...

"Check the wind." Ray's voice rings in my head.

I do as he says so I know which way makes it easier to run away.

"Downwind." I declare as I run up the stairs in this part of the forest.

...

I remind all the kids following me to stay quiet as we observe our surroundings looking for any trace of Norman.

...

I, as well as many others, look at Krone, who is creepily staring at us, as we walk closer to the house, up the hill, after finishing our game of tag. By the time we all make it to the top of the hill Sister Krone had walked over to all of us.

"Playing tag looks fun." Krone says with a kid on her back.

Ray and I glare at her, Norman looks weary, and Emma looks slightly mad.

"I want to get along with everyone." Sister Krone explains "The match's time limit will be 20 minutes. I'll be "It.""

Sister Krones infamous creepy smile forms on her face.

"Everyone, try to run away from me." Krone says as the kid on her back giggles from excitement.

'Did she come just to get in our way? Or maybe investigate us?" I ask myself.

'No worries, she won't find anything.' I remind myself 'We're just playing a game of tag, albeit a complex one. She can't stop out fun. Don't be scared!'

I smile, determined.

"This is our chance! A chance to get to know our enemy!" Emma reminds us energetically.

"Yep, that's right." Ray says, actually smiling for once.

'We're all just testing the waters right now.'

...

I'm alone in the woods camping by the stream. I made sure to leave no tracks. The plan was for Emma and Norman to constantly observe Krone by carefully following her while Ray and I actually "play." Of course we aren't actually playing, we're just observing one area because it'd be too risky to have four people constantly following Krone without her finding out. Ray and I won't be as useful as Norman and Emma in this situation but if we use our brains right we should be able to last a while, giving us time to monitor Krone some. One reason I split up with Emma is because Krone definitely knows we're really close and likely to be together. So if Emma gets caught Krone might suspect I'm somewhere around where Emma got caught. If she does fall for this she might waste time staying and searching in the one area when there's nobody actually there. Also, she'll most likely come for the oldest five kids first, tagging our other siblings along the way. So if she does find Emma it'll likely be pretty early in the game. Meaning if she wastes time looking for me it'll be at the beginning. This might cause her to get frantic near the end of the game if she's running out of time and there's still quite a few children left. In her frantic state she might miss some crucial hints to our locations. Although I doubt it especially because there's a very small chance they'll be quite a few children left. It's almost guaranteed she'll get all of the younger kids and maybe a few of us oldest. Back to me, I was assigned to stay by the stream the entire 20 minutes moving around places frequently and covering as much ground as possible while staying hidden. The sound of the rushing water will mostly mask the sound of my footsteps so even if Krone is nearby when I move it's less likely she'll hear me. However, the water also limits my own hearing. I won't be able to hear Krone until she's a little too close for comfort. Luckily Krone isn't a very quiet person so I'll definitely be able to hear her footsteps. If she were quiet and light on her feet I think a better strategy would to be in an area where I'm able to hear better. I also have an escape route, if needed, that complies with the direction of the wind so I'll have an advantage running in that direction.

...

It's been about 11 minutes and while I haven't seen sister I've heard many people get caught as well as a kid here and there passing by me. Suddenly I notice Ray and Norman sprinting towards me and about one second later Krone follows. Thankfully, Norman and Ray are running with the wind so it's using less stamina. Just at the right moment, I jump out from the bush I was hiding in and start sprinting along with Ray and Norman. They were shocked for millisecond when I suddenly appeared but that didn't last long. With me next to Ray we were all synced in our running and Krone was very slowly gaining on us. If I hadn't been hiding the whole round I wouldn't have enough energy to sprint this long.

'Alright! Think from Krone's point of view. She'll probably go after Norman, thinking he's an easy catch and she'll simply have to overwhelm him with power. We only have a chance of winning if we split up.' I think.

Just as I was about to try and get their attention to signal to split up Ray gives the signal to split up.

'Heh. Great minds think alike.' I think as I go left with Ray.

Just as I had thought Krone went after Norman instead of Ray and I.

...

With around 4 minutes left, maybe a bit more, maybe a bit less, Ray suggest we circle around to where Norman likely is. Ray explains that taking into account the direction that Norman ran he's likely at the rocky place as that's the easiest place to get to. You could run to where there's a clearance in the trees with a bunch of flowers but getting there would mean jumping over giant cracks in the ground and not tripping on the many tree roots. Other than that is just forest so the logical thing to do would be to run to the rocky place. Plus without the rocks there's more places to hide. I doubt Norman would have time but it's a lot easier to hide behind a giant rock than a tree trunk. Anyways, I agree with Ray and we carefully start to run back making sure we don't encounter or alert Sister Krone. Even if Norman isn't there or taggrd it'll take the entire time left to get to the rocks so as long as we don't get caught we, the kids, win. This could potentially be dangerous but we're fairly certain Krone isn't after us.

...

3 and a half minutes later Ray and I silently come to the clearing where we see the rocks. I smile, as I see Norman up on a rock towering over sister crone with the serious look on his face. Krone says something I can't make out but I doubt it's very important. However, it's if as Norman is telling Krone

'You really underestimated us lady. You're in our way and we'll make sure to crush you. To you I'm a dangerous, unpredictable, beast and I plan to keep it that way.'

I snicker in my head at my dramatic vision of it looks like Norman would say. I stop at the tree line as Ray keeps running to confront Krone. Ray scares Krone as he touches her arm to grab her attention.

"Time's up." Ray says blankly, holding up his watch that he always carries around.

'That watch is actually a very convenient for tag' I think, getting off topic.

Norman's expression changes to a sickeningly sweet smile as he squats down as if he's trying to get down to Krones height. Just as a superior would do to a child, somebody less than them.

"It's our win sister." Norman, Ray, and I all say at the same time as I walk over to Ray.

...

As Norman, Ray, and I come up the hill with Krone behind us many kids start to tell in excitement.

"They did it!"

"Yay!"

Even though I'm exhausted from all that running I smile seeing my family happy. However as I look around I see once face that isn't smiling. Gilda.

'I hope Gilda is alright. Is she upset about getting caught?' I think, worried 'I'll ask her later..'

I wave to everyone, smiling brightly as I make my way up the hill. I giggle, walking over to Emma as I hear Thoma and Lani harass Norman in the background. I notice Emma has a serious and calculating look on her face. I frown but Emma lights up as she notices me.

"Emma! Don't make that face right now.. Smile! We won!" I say as a plop my butt onto the ground.

Emma sits down next to me and I lean against her, exhausted from running.

"Alright I guess you have a point. We did win, I'm happy." Emma says as she pats her lap.

I do what she says and I lay down in her lap.

I smile seeing Emma smile.

"So tell me, how'd it go with you and Norman? Also how'd you get caught?" I ask, looking up at her.

Emma starts subconsciously running her fingers through my hair as she thinks about the best way to explain her story.

"Well " Emma starts "Krone is extremely good."

'Tell me about it.' I think sarcastically.

"I couldn't outrun her. Before I got caught I purposely grabbed Phil and Nina to see how far I could run with them in my arms. I'll definitely need to think of a better plan."

I nod in understanding.

"This'll be nothing compared to the real deal. Especially if we have to run away from those demons we saw at the gate." I say, in a quite voice.

Emma just sighs before continuing

"Anyways, when Norman and I were up in a tree near where we'd last seen Sister a bunch of kids suddenly came together in one spot. Sister Krone then came out of the bushes and caught them all. I think it was Rossi, Chris, Damdin, Hans, and Marnya."

"Eh? Why'd they all gather in one spot? And right by Krone?" I ask, stupidly.

'Actually that's a stupid question. She obviously said a trap.' I tell myself, although I allow Emma to continue.

"Sister set a trap. She lured in the younger ones by carving shapes like hearts, stars, and squares into leaves. Then she left multiple trails of these leaves, all coming from different directions, connecting to that same spot." Says Emma.

'She really isn't stupid, huh? But how in the world? Does she just like carry around cookie cutters? The shapes in the leaves must have been obvious if it caught the attention of some of the kids. If they weren't the kids but it just thought they were some leaves with weird holes in them.' I sweatdrop.

Emma continues.

"That's when Norman and I realized she actually didn't come after us older kids at first at all. At one point when she was chasing Lani, he crawled into a opening in the bottom of the tree. He thought he was safe but then sister Krone literally busted open the tree and grabbed him. There's now an even bigger and pointier entrance."

"The tree in the southwest forest?! Like the one where we carved shooting stars?!" I ask, disturbed.

Emma nods.

"NOOOO! That's one of my favorite trees! Now it's ruined!!" I exclaim, jerking into a sitting position.

Emma snickers.

"It's just a tree, (Y/N). Are you sure I'm the one who lacks maturity like Norman and Ray?" She asks

I dramatically gasp, highly offended.

"You! You'll pay for saying that!" I yell, catching the attention of some other kids.

Emma laughs and quickly stands up.

"You'll have to catch me first!" Emma retaliates, as she takes off running back down the hill.

I react immediately, jumping up with a competitive and playful smile the second Emma starts to run. Chasing after her I hear many kids laugh at us. Before long there was a faint game of Cheese-touch tag going on in the feild.

...

By the time everyone was tuckered out I still hadn't managed to tag Emma and make her pay. So, like any good sport, I glare at Emma. However she just laughs in response. So I go and pout to Norman and Ray, who were seated surprisingly far away. Norman laughs at my facial expression as I approach and Ray rolls his eyes.

"Why did you start chasing after Emma?" Norman asks, snickering.

I lay down on my back, arms outstretched, and stare up at the sky.

"She said that I was the immature one after I got upset that Krone broke one of my favorite trees." I reply exasperated.

Ray snorts.

"And I'd agree. She has a point."

"Not you too, Ray!" I say, defeated.

Norman just laughs at us.

"Anyways, since we're already on the topic of Krone and escaping I have a few things to say." Ray says, unbothered that he didn't get the reaction he wanted from me.

I hear the soft sound of a book getting closer fairly forcibly. Knowing Ray I'd about to talk I sit up and sit
criss-cross applesauce.

"I have something to say also. I believe it would be best to escape in small teams." Norman says.

'He didn't even let Ray speak!' I think.

"Yeah." Ray agrees.

'Oh... He must've been thinking something similar if you didn't get irritated at Norman' I conclude.

"I don't really care how we escape as long as it's with the whole family." I add.

Norman nods in my direction.

"But we also found the answer to our main question today." Ray continues.

Norman's face gets all serious. Similar to the face he gave to Krone during tag. However this time his eye didn't show superiority. They showed malice.

"We're capable of sneaking up behind her. Our first target is the Sister. I don't think it'll be impossible to kill her."

A very slight smile adorns Norman's face.

'I see. So they did mean kill back then.' I think, a shadow now also resting over my face.

'I suppose it might not be.'

-------------------------

5647 words

Hey! It's been over 5 months... I'm terribly sorry. I think I've said that every chapter but I am. I have no excuse as to why I didn't work on it much from July to November. I guess I just never really felt motivated to write.

On another note there is some good news! All the the new comments on Wattpad, Ao3, and Quotev during the past about 2 weeks have really been giving me motivation. Plus, to all you people who are excited for the BNHA part don't you worry. Our protagonist will start to wonder what a quirk is real soon. ;)

Anyways a lot of this was experimentation on how well I could write diverging from the manga and anime.

Especially with Christmas coming up and the news of a vaccine make sure to continue to stay safe, wash your hands, and wear your masks.

(✿^‿^)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 42.3K 49
Surrounded by a forest and a gated entrance, the Grace Field House is inhabited by orphans happily living together as one big family, looked after by...
177K 5.1K 37
You were living an everyday life at UA when you meet Bakugou and he helps you unfold the dark and painful events happening outside of school. Can you...
88.2K 3.1K 21
DISCONTINUED! HOWEVER, THERE IS A NEW VERSION CALLED TO TAKE MY HAND under my profile! Summary: An unfortunate switch of events for the heroes in tra...
847K 39.3K 46
𝄞 The Promised Neverland x F!Reader 𝄞 "People change, whether we like it or not." Grace Field Orphanage was a child's paradise. Their caretaker was...