Born together, die apart (you...

By Hikari_Takeru

Not only do Kid Flash, Aqualad, and Robin find Superboy in CADMUS but a certain set of twins. Read to find ou... More

Introduction
Independence Day
Welcome to Happy Harbor
Drop-Zone
Schooled
Infiltrator
Denial Part 1
Denial Part 2
Downtime
Targets
Homefront
Alpha-Male
Revelation Part 1
Revelation Part 2
Humanity Part 1
Humanity Part 2
Humanity Part 3
Failsafe
Disordered
Secret
Misplaced
Cold Hearted
Images Part 1
Images Part 2
Agendas
Insecurity
Performance
Usual Suspects
Auld Acquaintances

Bereft

2.2K 58 2
By Hikari_Takeru

A/N ~~~=flashback

Bialya; September 4th, 00:16 EEST

Robin walked dazedly through the dry heat in the sun, using the rock formation beside him to help him stay orientated. Coming to the edge of the formation, he remained mostly hidden, looking out beyond the formation. Where he could see smoke over the ridge, his eyes widened as his brain processed what it was. A jeep speed past where he was hiding, but he was not there. As the jeep moved past the Boy Wonder could be seen over their heads in a crevice in the rock. "Those are Bialyan Republic Army uniforms," he started his holo-glove. "But what are Bialyans doing in-" his thought process broke as he looked at his location on the map. "Uh, Bialya? Okay, better question: what am I doing in Bialya-" his gaze went straight to the date on the bottom of his holo-screen. Reading 12:02; 04-09. His eyes went wide in shock. "in September? What happened to March? Better radio Batman." His finger went to his comm set.

~~~~~~~

"Maintain radio silence at all times."

~~~~~~~

"Or not," he mused before walking to the edge of the rock, executing a quadruple flip. Landing perfectly, but something on top of one of the rocks caught his attention. The black shirt with the red S was clearly ripped off, that much the Boy Wonder could tell, but with nothing else, he scrutinized the shirt. His head snapped up when he heard a groan coming from behind him. He turned around, ready to attack but stopped as soon as he got a glimpse of who it was. It was a girl with brunette hair, back facing him wearing a black jacket. "Hey-" She immediately turned around backing away but tripped as she put a force field around herself. "Woah, i'm not gonna hurt you." She stared at him with scared eyes, making his expression soften. He kneeled down in front of her little bubble. "Look, i'm a little lost and it's obvious that you are too. How about we help each other out?" Robin extended out his hand. Wanda looked at it before looking back him. She was hesitant but eventually she let it down, taking his hand not really knowing why but something in her was telling her that she could trust him. "I'm Robin, by the way. What's your name?"

~~~~~~~

"Wanda? That's your name, right?"

~~~~~~~

"Wanda," she said simply. His eyes wandered to her hologlove as he pulled her up.

"Where did you get that?" She looked down at her wrist confused. Nothing was said as she tried to remember how it got there and how she got where she was.

~~~~~~~

"It's a little complicated at first but you'll get the hang of it eventually," Robin said as he adjusted her hologlove.

~~~~~~~

Wanda looked back at him, uncertain. "You gave it to me." He seemed taken aback as his eyes widened. She put her hand on her head, trying to remember. Memories raced through her mind but none of them were in order. "The Team!"

"What Team?" He asked sounding just as confused as before.

"You, me, Kid Flash, Miss Martian, Artemis, Superboy, and Aqualad. We're all a team!" Still nothing clicked for him, so she put her hands on his temples, going into his mind. Everything in there was fuzzy but she was able to make them out, sorting them in order, bringing them into view for him. Once everything was clear in his mind she left, removing her hands. Unfortunately, she was only able to give him bits and pieces, needing the others to make them whole. "Do you remember now?" He rubbed his head before everything sunk in.

"Yeah, but that still doesn't explain where everyone else is." He watched as she looked around eyes glowing red.

"I can't feel any of them nearby."

Robin typed in his hologlove before a GPS popped up. "Maybe they're at this marker." With that they began their way into the desert.

.............................................................................

Night fell across the Bialyan desert. The only sound was light footsteps as Robin and Wanda came up a dune, his hologlove displaying a map. "This is it." Seeing over the top of the next dune briefly, he dropped, still seeing the large mechanical/electronic device sitting out in the open. Looking up over the dune, the Boy Wonder realized that the entire area was completely deserted. "Huh, i guess no one saw it." He jumped from his spot to the device. As soon as he landed Wanda felt the presence of other minds.

"Robin, wait!" But it was already too late, six guards stood up, knocking the sand they were hiding under from their uniforms.

"Vakala di dorala di kiad! (Her Majesty wants him alive!)" One of the soldiers shouted a reminder to the others. All of them charged the Boy Wonder.

Wanda jumped in, landing behind him. She used her hex to pull the guns away from the guards she was facing while Robin dropped a smoke bomb as the soldiers he was facing got within range. As he went into the smoke, the three guards she unarmed charged at her. Her reflexes were quick as she blocked one of their punches, taking his arm to flip him over her. Another tried to cut her with a pocket knife but she swept her leg under him. The last one thought they were being sneaky and grabbed her from behind as the guard from the ground stood with the knife in his hand. Once he was close enough she kicked the knife out of his grasp, using him as a ledge to flip over the person who was holding her, grabbing him by the shoulders and kicking him in the back. She looked back to Robin to find Kid standing next to him. (to make it clear, she flipped over him. Wanda went over the guy holding her.)

"Whoa, Rob who's you're friend? She is smoking," Wanda heard him say making her roll her eyes. Artemis and M'gann walked next to him giving him a glare. "B-But not as smoking as the both of you, of course."

The archer stuck her bow at Wanda's chest as she came close. "Who are you?" They tied up the guards as Robin filled them in. "So what? We're just supposed to believe that?"

"Yes," the Boy Wonder showed them the black polyester with the red S decal on it. "This is Superboy's."

M'gann gasped, taking it from him. "Did you see him?"

"I think we did!" Artemis realized while Kid Flash mulled it over.

"Feral-boy? Some teammate, he attacked us," he said annoyed.

"He didn't know who we are." Artemis defended. "I don't know who we are! We need our memories back." Wanda stepped in front of them, eyes turning red as she entered their minds.

Robin, Artemis, M'gann, and Kid Flash looked around stunned as they saw small chunks of memories playing around them. "I brought you into my mind to share what I remember so far." A red form appeared before the four, holding Wanda's voice. "But I need your help," finally Wanda came into view. "together our broken memories can form a whole if you open your minds to mine."

Artemis looked angered and betrayed. "You wanna paw through our private thoughts?"

Wanda raised her hands in defense before she even responded. "I don't wish to intrude but-"

"You need to hack our minds to figure out what happened to us. Got it, go." Robin finished, snapping his fingers as he gave her his okay.

"My brain's all yours. Try not to let its brilliance overwhelm you," Wally flirted.

"Or underwhelm you." Robin piped up. "Hey, why isn't anyone just whelmed?" he asked.

"Last six months only. And only what you need," Artemis stated.

She nodded, pulling all of their memories of the last six months together. Everything from them played in their heads in order until they were up to speed to the moment they were living in. As she left their minds, Wanda began to search for Kaldur's. "Aqualad's close but he's not moving." They walked off with Wanda leading the way to where their leader was. It wasn't long before they came upon his unconscious body.

"Du ra, vis ol may," Aqualad murmured, his face scrunching up in pain as Robin, KF, Artemis, Wanda, and Miss M nervously look him over for any physical damage. "Aga pa, olsey."

"I can't restore his memories in this state." Wanda told the others.

"He needs immediate rehydration." Robin said sternly. She sat next to Kaldur, putting both of her hands on the sand as her eyes closed. Her hex glowed in her hands while water from within the earth rose.

"Whoa," was all KF said as they watched in awe. Wanda guided the water over his body, letting it sink into him.

She exhaled. "There. He should be okay for now. M'gann call the bioship."

"It's out of range." Miss M said instantly, then looked to KF. "You can get him there quickly."

"He's too heavy, and I'm too low on fuel." Kid said almost breathlessly. "Right now, I couldn't even carry her." He gestured to Artemis with his thumb.

"I have to find Superboy," she said, standing up, facing down Artemis. "Six months ago he didn't exist, just animal impulse, I'm the only one who can help him."

"Superboy's indestructible, just ask those tanks." Kid pointed out. "It's Aqualad who needs help-like-now."

M'gann clutched her head as an image of Superboy being electrocuted surfaced.
"No!" she shouted. "Superboy's in pain." She took off with nothing else on her mind.

"M'gann wait!" Artemis yelled after the martian.

"We still don't know what erased our memories!" Robin called after her. "It could happen again!"

KF turned back around to the rest of them. "And she's gone. Let's get him back to the bioship." He then slapped his head with his hand. "Which we have no idea where it is, great."

Robin typed in his hologlove. "It's far but it's better than just standing here."

They all stood as Wanda lifted Kaldur up with her hex. "How long can you keep that up?"

"It depends. If i can focus then we'll be able to get him to the bioship with no trouble."

Wanda's hex carried Kalur with Robin leading the way. A map and GPS tracking system showing on his hologlove. The four of them hear the Bialyan Jeeps before they see them. Robin instinctually turned his head towards the source, slowing down and pointing to a rock formation before them. "Quick, over there." the Boy Wonder gestured. Kid, Wanda, and Artemis took off after him. All five of them making it to the hiding place just as the Bialyan troops drove past.

Aqualad groaned, but remained unconscious. "Tula, dena me ta. Etah en Atlantis ih ba ohse."

Wanda set Kaldur down, trying to conserve her energy. She shushed him quietly. "Kaldur, quiet now." She told him.

Robin saw a group of five Bialyan soldiers, all of them armed, walking past where they were hiding. Dropping back down to Kid, Artemis, Wanda, and Aqualad; the Boy Wonder huffed. "We can't risk a firefight with Aqualad KO'd like this."

Wally groaned, agreeing. "It's not just him. I'm way out of juice." He rubbed the back of his neck looking to Artemis, hopefully.

"And I'm almost out of arrows," she pulled on her mostly empty quiver to prove her point. The two looked down at Wanda who was putting more water into Aqualad. "She's out of the question."

Only then do the two of them notice that Robin was missing. "Ugh, I forgot how much I hate it when he does the ninja-thing." Wally groaned then looked to Artemis knowing the Boy Wonder can handle it. "Hey, you never said why your dad to..." he ran his thumb across his neck, making a bad sound effect. "...me."

"I got confused by- um- some old movie I saw the other night..." Artemis turned her back towards the speedster. "about a ninja girl whose ninja dad ordered her to kill her ninja boyfriend 'cuz he was from a rival ninja clan."

"So, I'm your 'ninja boyfriend' huh?" Kid teased.

Her eyes went wide before she composed herself and turned back to him. "Hey, amnesia, remember?" She glared at him harshly as she nearly snapped at him. "I completely forgot how truly annoying you are."

"Oh, like you're the Goddess of Congeniality!" Kid gripped.

"Yeesh!" Wanda exclaimed.

"Get a room!" Robin suddenly added, catching them both off guard.

"Dude, where were you?" Kid questioned.

The Boy Wonder smirked. "Breaking radio silence." It was silent for a while before they heard a Robin's laugh. He stayed kneeling beside Aqualad, while Artemis and Kid were in front. As the disks created smoke bombs Robin turned to the three. "That's our cue. Move!" They wasted no time doing exactly that.

....................................................................

Quarac; September 5th; 2:32 EEST

Aqualad had an IV in as he laid down in the BioShip. Artemis cane over to bring a wet cloth to his head while Wanda restored his memories.

M-Hey everybody, i've got Superboy.

Artemis stopped what she was doing and looked around while Wally looked up utterly stunned.

M-He's back to normal. We're on our way.

Aqualad jolted up, panting, looking to Artemis with wide eyes. "Who are you?" he questioned, though not putting up much of a fight as Artemis pushed his shoulders back down. "And how did you get inside my head?" Wanda placed her hands back on his temple as she went back into his mind.

M-Hello Megan! Aqualad's memories, i knew i forgot something.

R-Don't worry. Wanda's already on it.

KF-Aw man, me too. I didn't get a souvenir from the mission.

Miss M-Don't worry, got the souvenir thing covered.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.2K 1K 21
(Avengers//Young Justice Crossover) What if, when her brother Pietro died at the hands of Ultron, instead of teaming up with the Avengers Wanda Maxim...
19.6K 552 12
Where the Young Avengers get stuck in the universe of the Young Justice squad.
12K 364 25
"𝒔𝒉𝒆𝒔 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒔𝒌𝒆𝒚 𝒊𝒏 𝒂 𝒕𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒖𝒑" 𝐀 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠 𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐦, 𝐋𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐞...
73.5K 1.8K 29
((Young Justice//Maximoff Twin cross over)) Twin meta teens Pietro and Wanda Maximoff have no one in the world but each other and they would do anyth...