Born together, die apart (you...

By Hikari_Takeru

Not only do Kid Flash, Aqualad, and Robin find Superboy in CADMUS but a certain set of twins. Read to find ou... More

Introduction
Independence Day
Welcome to Happy Harbor
Drop-Zone
Schooled
Infiltrator
Denial Part 1
Downtime
Bereft
Targets
Homefront
Alpha-Male
Revelation Part 1
Revelation Part 2
Humanity Part 1
Humanity Part 2
Humanity Part 3
Failsafe
Disordered
Secret
Misplaced
Cold Hearted
Images Part 1
Images Part 2
Agendas
Insecurity
Performance
Usual Suspects
Auld Acquaintances

Denial Part 2

2.2K 62 13
By Hikari_Takeru

"Wait, the back draft from the lava will roast us alive!" Wally protested, but she opened it anyway. The door opened, however, with a snow flurry. Accompanied by gusting winds and an expansive tundra-space beyond.

"It's snow!" M'gann cried cheerfully.

Artemis looked up at Wally's angry face with a smirk. "Do you ever get tired of being wrong?" His frown deepened. The Team jumped through, but what was originally a downward jump spun so the gateway was now floating in mid air from their point of view. Until it disappeared in a golden flash. Wally turned away from where he was watching it, to find the whole Team looking at him. "Well?" Artemis asked, a confident look on her face.

"Ever hear of string theory?" he questioned sarcastically. "We're in a pocket dimension."

"Ugh." Artemis growled angered by Wally's absolute lack of faith.

"What's that?" M'gann questioned. What she was looking at was Kent Nelson's cane floating above the snow.

It flew towards them, stopping once it was in front of Wanda. "Ooo, maybe it's Kent's magic wand," the speedster said sarcastically, speeding over grabbing it at the same time as Wanda.

"I got it," they synchronized. Then it began to glow gold. "Huh?" They both questioned in shock. "I can't let go!" Before being pulled upwards by the cane and disappearing in a flash of gold. Wally and Wanda landed on a platform, her on her feet and him on his back. Neither one let go of the cane as they turned to look at the group of men, Kent noticing them instantly.

Kent relaxed and gained a slight smile. "Well, would you look at that." The cane glowed in Wally and Wanda's grip, in response, Kent's whole body glowed the same gold. Kadabra and the teen barely glanced at the teen-heroes as Kent began to float, flying past them. Grabbing the cane with both hands immediately let the two let it go as his bond becomes undone. "In here." Kent said, standing up, using his cane to create an elevator in the wall. All three rush in. Elevator music played in the background as the number shown increases. Both teens looked to Nelson, unsure who should say something first.
"I'm Kent Nelson. By the way." Kent finally spoke up.

"No duh," Wally mumbled, receiving an elbow to the chest. "Ow!"

"I'm Wanda, and Miss Manners over here is Wally," she introduced.

"I'm glad you got my message."

"Message? What message?" Wally questioned.

"I telepathically sent her a message of how to get to me."

"Sorry it took long. We would've been here sooner if someone wasn't being such a-"

He cut her off by letting out a laugh. "It's alright, Wanda. We're up against an opponent with tremendous mystic power."

"Abra Kadabra?" Wally questioned rhetorically then scoffed with an eye roll. "Flash proved that he uses futuristic technology to simulate magic." He said directly at Kent. "Guy's all show and no biz."

"Right you are." Kent agreed. This didn't shock Wanda, instead it made her realize why she couldn't see them in front of the theater but could see the clearly invisible tower. "Abra is a charlatan." Kent admitted. "but Klarion, the Witch Boy, kid with the cat, he's an actual Lord of Chaos, the ultimate enemy of a Lord of Order like Doctor Fate."

Wally rolled his eyes once more. "Right." KF drawled. "You're a Lord of Order." Though he sounded hesitant and confused.

"Oh, no. Not me." Kent said with a smile. "I'm just an old coat Fate used to put on. Until my wife Inza convinced me there was more to life." He opened his watch to look down at her picture. "Ah, she was a real pistol, that Inza." Then snapped it shut, getting back on track. "Anywho, Klarion's after the helmet. If he gets his sticky little mitts on it, he'll turn the planet into his own personal playground of pandemonium." He turned his gaze to Wanda. "Can you stall him for me?"

She was taken aback. "M-Me?"

"How can she stand a chance against him? Her magic isn't even real."

"It's true that her magic was created but even before that, she had the skill and mind of a magic user. That's what makes real magic." The elevator dinged, and the doors opened. The three walk out, seeing a giant golden tower-bell hanging on the platform before them. Following Kent, Wanda and Wally ascend the stairs. Behind them, on the ceiling, a door opened, Superboy, Artemis, and Kaldur falling to the floor hard enough to hurt, while M'gann levitated downward. As Artemis ran to the three of them, Kent turned to Wally. "Friends of yours?"

Electricity zapped in the background. A blue bolt just missing the two of them. On a perpendicular platform were Klarion and Kadabra. "Friends of yours?!" Wally asked back with equally as much sarcasm as Kent, before grabbing him and getting him out of the way of Kadabra's next shot. Artemis, Wanda, Kaldur, Superboy, and M'gann are all forced to dodge it as well. Kent, Wanda, and Wally crouch near the bell, until Kent stood, raising his cane, and hitting the bell. As the bell tolled, it gained both Klarion and Kadabra's attention. Keeping Teekl in his arms Klarion took off into the air, as the three of them walked into the bell. Klarion following them in without any hesitation.

They all appear on the roof of the tower, floating just above their heads was the golden helmet. As Kent reached for the helmet, Wanda pushed him out of the way using her hex in her hands to absorb Klarion's bolt of magic. She let it linger inside of her for a second before releasing it back at him, something she learned from her mistake with Pietro. He was hit, not prepared to face another magic user. "No fair! That's my trick!" She ignored him, throwing a ball of hex at him. "Fine, you wanna play dirty? Let's play dirty." With that he released another bolt at her which she dodged. This continued until he felt annoyed. "Hold still!" His cat meowed at him, pulling his attention slightly. "What do you want?! I'm busy!" She meowed again. "I am paying attention, you stupid cat!" The cat meowed one more time before he stopped. Wanda looked at the cat, realizing that it must be his weakness, so she took all of her energy putting it into the hex she released at the cat, making Klarion gasp. "Teekl!"

He faded for a moment before solidifying. Klarion turned back to her to find her on her hands and knees panting. He then released a bolt of his magic at her but luckily Doctor Fate intervened before it could hit her. Nabu held out both hands. "This battle is pointless." When Doctor Fate spoke, Nabu and Wally's voices overlapped. Contrasting and grating against each other. "You sought to take the helmet before it gained a host. But you are too late."

"SHUT IT, YOU OLD FART!" Klarion snapped, drawing two large stone columns from the tower, and moving them so they slam against Doctor Fate's sides. Only for his symbol to show on the outside of the rock before it blew to pieces.

"Brat." Doctor Fate snarled, before launching a golden wave at Klarion. Who barely blocked, but Teekl ran away from. The spell caused Klarion to dissipate, as he did, Doctor Fate released his hold on the spell and began to descend back to the tower roof. Behind his turned back Klarion came back from black fragments. Shooting Doctor Fate in the back with red lightning. Wanda was quick on her feet, putting a shield behind him just in time.

The boy groaned. "Two against one?! That's not fair!" Klarion launched a red magic dragon at Fate's shielded form, forcing the magician to jump out of the way. As it came back around it moved past him going to Wanda. In return, Nabu put a shield in front of her just as she had done for him. Unfortunately as he did this he got hit in the back by Klarion, knocking him to the other side of the roof. As Fate got his hands under him Klarion changed the flames in his hands to red dots that hang in the air. Before he used finger guns to have them start shooting at Doctor Fate. Wanda jumped in front of him throwing her hands out taking the dots, redirecting them at Teekl. "I can't believe you assaulted a defenseless pussycat!"

"We both know that creature is no cat, Witch Boy," Wally's green eyes narrowed in accusation. "And without your familiar," the yellow flames that surrounded Teekl faded out as she warily stood to her feet. The yellow flame now gathered in Fate's hands. "you have no anchor in this reality." proving it, Klarion faded from sight in staggering increments.

"Bully! Killjoy! Geezer!" Fate along with Wanda raised their hands, shooting another beam, this time at Klarion. "Holy carp!" The Witch Boy yelped before jumping into a red/black portal. Another forming above Teekl, where he dropped out and picks her up in his arms. "We're out of here!" both of them fully dissolving into black and red outlined wisps that take off toward the sky. Leaving Fate standing taller on top of the tower.

Inside the tower, all the other members of the Team were crying out in pain from Kadabra's cages. As he rose his wand once more, Fate's symbol showed up behind him as he is stripped to his underwear and of his wand. "Wha?" he questioned, gasping as Superboy stood up.

"Shows over," the Kryptonian snarled, punching Abra Kadabra in the face, knocking him down and out.

Fate landed next to Wanda, a few feet away from the Team. "Can i rely on you to watch over this world? Making sure no dark magic consumes it." She nodded strongly, even though he was basically asking her to be the guardian of the earth. "Very well." He placed his hands on either side of his helmet, removing it to reveal Wally.

"Thanks Wanda," he thanked sounding truly sincere.

.............................................................................

Mount Justice; August 20th, 3:04 EDT

Wally walked up to a shelf, where all his souvenirs were proudly displayed. Setting the helmet beside Cheshire's mask as he stood proudly before it. Artemis cleared her throat. "You never said what happened to you when you put on the helmet."

His face fell, looking downright bored as well as uncaring. "Energy from the thing rewrote my brain's Beta Waves. I was Bio-scripted into becoming Doctor Fate for a few minutes." He shrugged. "No big."

"Wait, you're still claiming there's no such thing as magic?" Artemis asked, shocked then scoffed. "If that's how you feel, why keep it at all?"

Wally looked to it, then to her, giving a half smile. "Souvenir."

"Geek!" she insulted, storming out of the room.

He looked back the helmet, remembering what Kent had told him when he heard foot steps in the hallway. His head poked out of the room to find Wanda walking away. Something in him felt guilty for what he had said earlier so he called her. "Wanda! Wait up." She came to a stop turning around to look at him with an annoyed expression. "Look," he started once he was in front of her. "i'm sorry for today. What i said was wrong and the way i acted was unacceptable, i hope that you can forgive me."

She continued to stare at him before letting out a sigh. "No, i'm sorry for snapping at you. You were just being yourself but next time try not to get us killed in the process." He chuckled.

"No promises." As they stood there, M'gann walked by drawing Wally's attention. "Hello, Megan. Guess who bought us two tickets to a magic show?" He asked, following her down the hall.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136K 4K 31
An Alternate Universe where Superman had a daughter when was 21. Now she is a teenager who always wanted a brother, and won't let superman ignore sup...
24.8K 527 14
Adventures and moments with the Young Justice team. Art cover isn't mine. Credit to artist.
9K 235 12
Batman finds a cluster of old files belonging to the light. However as he decodes them he realizes that a few are targeting a young, powerful, indivi...
1.8K 104 18
Robin, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Speedy (later revealed to be a clone of the original Roy Harper) Zatanna, Miss Martian and Artemis investigate a fire at C...