Born together, die apart (you...

Autorstwa Hikari_Takeru

Not only do Kid Flash, Aqualad, and Robin find Superboy in CADMUS but a certain set of twins. Read to find ou... Więcej

Introduction
Independence Day
Welcome to Happy Harbor
Schooled
Infiltrator
Denial Part 1
Denial Part 2
Downtime
Bereft
Targets
Homefront
Alpha-Male
Revelation Part 1
Revelation Part 2
Humanity Part 1
Humanity Part 2
Humanity Part 3
Failsafe
Disordered
Secret
Misplaced
Cold Hearted
Images Part 1
Images Part 2
Agendas
Insecurity
Performance
Usual Suspects
Auld Acquaintances

Drop-Zone

3.9K 91 2
Autorstwa Hikari_Takeru

A/N the picture above is an idea of her uniform. It's a body suit but she wears black pants over the bottom since it's like a short bodysuit.

Caribbean Sea; July 22nd, 20:08 ECT

The Team was in the Bioship and en-route to their first official mission. "We're approaching Santa Prisca." Miss Martian told them. Robin thought back to the debrief.

~~~~~

"Isla Santa Prisca, this island nation is the primary source of a dangerous illegal neuro steroid, a strength enhancing drug, sold under the street name Venom. Infrared heat signatures indicate their factories are still operating at full capacity. But, all shipments of Venom have been inexplicably cut off. That's where the team comes in." Batman turned from the holographic screen to look. "This is a covert, recon mission only. Observe and report. If the Justice League needs to intervene, it will. The plan requires two drop zones."

"So who's in charge?" Robin asked

Tornado and Batman exchanged a look. "Work that out between you."

~~~~~

In the bioship, Wanda stared out at the sky with her knees to her chest, while Wally flirted with her. "Will you knock it off already? You're making her uncomfortable," Robin scolded as she hit him on the side of the head.

"Approaching Santa Prisca," Miss Martian announced. The girl put her legs down, preparing herself. "Drop zone A in thirty."

Aqualad stood up, his seat sinking back into the bioship. He pressed his emblem to switch him into stealth mode. "Ready."

"Putting bioship in camouflage mode." Kaldr dove from the hole in the ship into the ocean below. It was a moment before he gave them the all clear. "Drop zone B." M'gann gave Wanda a line but she simply shook her head. "Are you sure?" She nodded.

Everyone attached their lines to their belts before jumping from the ship into the drop zone, landing safely. All except for Superboy who created a huge crater. "Knew i didn't need a line."

"And yet creating a seismic event may not have helped with the covert," Robin chimed. Wanda softly landing on the ground with the help of her hex. "Aqualad, drop zone B is a go."

"Head to the factory, i'll track your gps and rendezvous."

The group ventured into the jungle with Robin leading the way. About fifteen minutes in Superboy and Wanda came to a stop. He listened carefully, using his super hearing to be able to hear the conversation that was happening about a mile away. "Did you hear that?"

Wally turned around. "Uh, no. Wait, is this like a super hearing thing?"

"You do have great ears," Miss Martian sighed.

Wanda quietly stepped back into the shadows, disappearing when she saw Robin do the same. "Okay, Rob, what's the plan?" Kid turned to find him gone. "Man, i hate it when he does that."

Robin squatted down using the bush as cover. He jumped when he felt a tap on his shoulder. "How did you-" She put her finger to her mouth.

You said disappear into the forest.

No, i thought that. Were you reading my mind?

Not exactly. I can hear people's thoughts.

They were interrupted by gun shots followed by Wally's voice. This made him sigh. "So much for covert." Robin jumped up swinging from the tree into the fight. "What is wrong with you guys? Remember, covert?" He kicked a guy who was shooting at him. "Why didn't you follow my lead, like Wanda? Vanish into the jungle."

"That's what you were doing? Way to fill us in," Wally said as he disarmed the men. "Some of us aren't mind readers, you know."

"She read your mind? You told me i can only read the bad guys mind," Miss M said. Robin remained silent.

They tied up the two groups on separate trees and a few seconds later Kaldur rejoined the team. "I recognize those robes. They belong to the cult of cobra."

"I'm sure Batman would've mentioned if he knew there was a dangerous extremist was running Santa Prisca's Venom operation," Kaldur stated.

"Agreed. And since there is no love between the cultist and those goons, i'm betting Cobra came in and tossed them out." The boy Wonder deducted. "That's why normal supply lines have been cut off."

Wally rolled his eyes. "We get it. Cobra wanted super-cultists. Mystery solved. Radio Bats and we'll be-"

"These cultists aren't on Venom. They're hoarding this stuff. We don't leave, not until i know why-"

"Until you know why?"

"This team needs a leader-"

"And it's you? Dude, you're a thirteen year old kid who ducked out on us without a word."

Robin scoffed. "And you're a mature fifteen."

The two engaged in an argument while SB, Miss M, and Wanda watched. "Don't either of you want to lead?"

"Pass." The two said. "You?" SB asked.

"After the mister twister fiasco?"

He offered her a gentle grin. "You did alright."

They were interrupted by the big man with the mask laughing. "You only know half of the story. Let me show you the rest. I can get you inside the factory, via my secret entrance." Miss M crouched in front of him, eyes glowing.

"There is a secret entrance, but he is also hiding something."

"Ah, ah, ah, chica. Bane is not that easy."

She left his mind feeling defeated. "Argh, he is mentally reciting fútból scores en Éspanol. This could take a while-"

"It's a trap. He wants us to take him in so he can take his factory back. Once we get the cultists out he's gonna cross us, taking all the Cobra Venom for himself." Bane looked at Wanda shocked. "We can leave him here, i know where the entrance is."

She began to lead them to the secret entrance, leaving Bane calling after them. Megan went up to her lowering her voice to a whisper. "How did you do that?"

"There's a difference between the conscious and subconscious mind. His subconscious mind was repeating scores while his conscious mind knew the truth. It's hard to tell them apart at times but once you've got the hang of it, it's hard to let go of." They stopped once they got to a cliff's ledge. "It's through there."

Robin pulled out his binoculars, staring down at the factory where Cobra cultists were bringing product to a helipad. "We need to identify that buyer," Kaldr said as SB moved the boulder out of the way of the exit.

"Answers are this way."

They all made there way to the cave. "What, now Scarlet Witch is our leader?" In response Robin elbowed him in the ribs. (He said that as a joke her name comes in the next book)

Before they knew it they were already in the factory. The last thing they heard from Robin was that it was clear before he disappeared. "Has the little freak already been caught?" SB asked.

"No, he just...does that," Kaldur stated.

"Stay put. I'll get our intel and be back before the boy wonder."

"Wait, Kid!"

Wanda looked up to find Robin running across the catwalk. She looked at the group before disappearing into the shadows once more.

You know, you'd be a better leader if you said when you're gonna disappear.

Then it takes the fun out of it.

He hacked into the system but ended up empty handed. There attention was pulled to the helicopter landing. Out walked a blonde man in a hockey mask. "Sportsmaster? What would he want with Cobra Venom?" Not a few seconds later do they see her brother exit the craft as well.

"Pietro?" They watched as he spoke when suddenly his head snapped in their direction. "Go." Robin looked at her confused. "Go, Robin, go." He didn't know why but he soon found himself vanishing into the shadows. Wanda got up, running down the catwalk but unfortunately she wasn't fast enough and her brother got her, speeding her to Sportsmaster, and throwing her in front of him.

He chuckled as he tilted her chin to him. "So, this is the twin you've mentioned. She couldn't have come here all alone, so where's the rest of them?"

Robin rejoined the group. "They got her. Her brother, got her."

Miss Martian flew above them, sending everyone a telepathic image through the link. Kaldur tried contacting red tornado or anyone in the cave but the coms were jamed. "I can run down there and grab her-"

W-Don't. He'll see you. Go regroup then comeback for me.

Before they could go, a beast crashed through the window, jumping onto the catwalk sending them to the ground. The cultists began firing at them so they engaged.

M-Everyone on line?

SB-Yeah.

KF-You know it, beautiful.

K-We need to regroup.

R-Busy now.

Robin confronted Lord Cobra and Shimmer. The two went at it for a bit before he disappeared in the smoke he created. "Let's get the load on the chopper," Sportsmaster told Pietro as he put cuffs on Wanda. He looked at her before getting an idea. "But first," he took a vile of the venom placing it in a needle. "how about we test it?" Shimmer pulled her up holding her still as he came to her. Once he was close enough, Wanda kicked the needle from his hand and let it fly in the air. She flung Shimmer over her into him, using her hex to break the cuffs on her, jumping to grab the vile. "Start the helicopter!"

KF ran and got her running back to the others. "You okay?"

She smirked at him. "Fine." She opened her hand showing him the vile. They exchanged a look before going back to the others. Everyone watched as the air craft exploded with the two men jumping out with parachutes.

"Good work today," Kaldur said with a grin.

"Would be better if we got a sample of the venom," Robin said with his hands on his hips.

Wanda showed them the blue vile. "Is this good enough?" His eyes widened as she handed it to him. "I have a feeling this isn't all they came for."

...........................................................................

Mount Justice; August 4th; 13:06 EDT

"A simple recon mission. Observe and report. You all will receive a written report detailing your many mistakes. Until then, good job." All their heads snapped up to look at him with shock. "No battle plan survives first contact with the enemy. How you adjust to the unforeseen is how you determine success. And how you choose who leads determines character. Dismissed." Everyone began to walk off, talking amongst themselves. "Wanda, a word." She stopped walking, turning back to speak with him. Once everyone was gone he started. "You said your brother left to look for his memories."

"Yes."

"Then what was he doing in Santa Prisca with Sportsmaster?"

She was silent, not really sure. "The night he left, we were given an offer from some man. He promised our memories and a sanctuary. Pietro took the offer."

"Do you remember the man's name?"

"Lex Luthor." She felt as his mind fogged over with uncertainty. "Who is he?"

"No one you should worry about, for now. Good work today." With that he walked away, leaving her confused.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

27.5K 1.3K 43
'Just how far can one walk the path that has been set for them by others?' [Young justice]
9K 235 12
Batman finds a cluster of old files belonging to the light. However as he decodes them he realizes that a few are targeting a young, powerful, indivi...
109K 2.4K 21
The Justice League's covert operations team is sent to check up on Project CADMUS when they resurface a few years after the team rescued Superboy, on...
45.4K 1K 25
((Young Justice//Maximoff twins cross over)) Superboy wasn't the only project Cadmus was working on... What happens when you add in the Maximoff twin...