HUMANITY'S FAULTS, f. odair

By dvinemuse

her sadness is hidden by the scars that she was given. FINNICK ODAIR Ā© 2020 dvinemuse More

synopsis.
playlist.
epigraph.
act one.
001. the reaping
002. goodbye sister, hello mentor
003. welcome to the palace
004. training and rule breaking
005. ranking and practice
006. interviews
007. the sound of the cannon
008. national anthem
009. call of the wild
010. the cost of the game
011. crazed
012. the fall of an angel
013. a shift in the air
act two.
014. a new era on the rise
015. the announcement of doom
016. back in the mix
017. another parade
019. the new training center
020. an alliance
021. composure
022. starry eyed
023. cherished memories
024. who to trust
025. gift of breath
026. gift of water
027. the next hour
028. miracle water
029. colors
030. tick tock
031. goes the clock
032. jabberjays call
033. beetee's plan
034. lightning tree
035. a warm feeling
act three.
036. aurora borealis

018. elevator conversations

6.7K 189 18
By dvinemuse

( 𝒉𝒖𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒚'𝒔 𝒇𝒂𝒖𝒍𝒕𝒔 ).
eighteen.『 elevator conversations 』

INDIE WAS GLAD TO HAVE THE FIRST PART OUT OF THE WAY. Now she wouldn't have to worry about looking pretty for the next three days before Interviews, and even that seemed like a long time away. Or maybe it wasn't long enough. She didn't know anymore. One part of her longed to just be out of the Capitol but she knew her nightmares would become real the minute she left the safety of the Capitol. It was odd to realize that she now thought of the Capitol as "safe" now.

She noticed the Girl on Fire, her mentor and fiancé walk to catch the first elevator, and a second later Johanna Mason rushes passed her, throwing her a wink and saying, "Got to mess with them a little bit, right?", causing Indie to chuckle remembering the first time she had met Johanna Mason, one of the most awkward and uncomfortable encounters she had. At first she was sure she actually liked her but the more she got to know her she realized that was just her personality.

"Where's Johanna rushing off to?"

By now Indie knew the voice as well as her own, so she didn't turn around as she started walking towards the elevator, knowing he was following as she said, "Where do you think?" She said while pulling her heavy earrings from her ears carefully, grinning over her shoulder at Finnick. "Seems like you aren't a Capitol favorite anymore." She said referring how the two lovebirds stole the spotlight with their little light show.

"I'm always a Capitol favorite." Finnick argued cockily and Indie forced smiled, and she could've sworn Finnick did as well, both unhappy with the way things had played out.

An arm suddenly wrapped itself around Indie's shoulders causing her to jump slightly and turn to face the newcomer to come face to face with Stephanie who pulled her along towards the elevator, matching her and Finnick's pace. "Gosh, for a second there a thought you forgot about me." Stephanie said in a teasing tone, before bringing her cigarette to her lips and blowing out the smoke. "Nice performance by the way. Indie, I guess you did okay too."

Indie rolled her eyes, letting the arm remain wrapped around her shoulders and let out a fake chuckle. "Thanks Steph."

"Anytime. Nice to see you Finnick. You're looking well, did you do something new with your hair?" Stephanie questioned looking over to the boy next to Indie.

"Finally, someone noticed!" Finnick exclaimed, giving a pointed look to Indie who rolled her eyes playfully.

"No you didn't, there is literally nothing different with your hair. You've had the exact same haircut for the past five years, you've never changed anything about it!" She argued, as the trio approached the elevator, Indie reaching forward to click the up button several times even though Stephanie would scold her and remind her that even though she pressed it over and over again it wouldn't show up any sooner.

"Actually," Finnick corrected, "I changed conditioners."

Indie through her hands up in the air, letting out an exasperated groan causing the other two to chuckle. The door opened and they stepped into the elevator, Indie finally pushing Stephanie's arm from her shoulder, hesitating and waiting on Finnick but he gestured for her to get in before him. Stephanie on the other hand cut in front of her and Indie had to step it of her way. She could hear Finnick chuckling from behind her but no one made a comment about it as Indie followed a second later soon to be followed by Finnick. It seemed as though only the trio would be the only ones occupying the elevator as the other victors were walking a bit slower. Stephanie presses the four and five button and the elevator doors closed, before starting to lift them from the ground to their assigned floors.

There was a bit of silence and Indie looked at Finnick, watching his facial expressions for no particular reason. Just enjoying him looking so peaceful. However a second later he looked up, catching her eye and the two held eye contact, just watching each other and Indie couldn't help but wonder what was going through his head.

"So Finnick," Stephanie began and Indie looked over at her, breaking eye contact with the victor from district four. "How is District Four?"

Finnick cleared just throat, scratching his jaw before replying as Indie and Stephanie both turned their gazed onto him. "District Four is good. Nothing interesting has happened."

Stephanie began talking again as he finished and said, "That's good to hear. It's been quiet in Five as well. But what about you? Found anyone to settle with quite yet? Anyone catch your eye?" She questioned.

Indie tensed slightly before relaxing, wondering why she was reacting that way, and looked down instead, picking her nails as she tried to act uninterested while listening for Finnick's response.

"No. Not yet at least." He said.

The air in the elevator seemed extremely awkward after that and Indie let out a breath of relief as the doors slid open revealing the fourth floor and looked up from examining her newly done nails which she'd already managed to pick off.

"See you in training." Finnick said as he looked over to Indie and then looked back at Stephanie, giving her a wave which she returned.

He stepped out and before the doors closed Indie called to him, "Bye Finnick." The doors closed and the elevator started moving up again towards the next floor, and Indie looked over to see Stephanie already watching her intently. She frowned, confused as to why her mentor was watching her so close and asked, "What?" Stephanie sighed, shaking her head and the doors reopened, and Stephanie walked out leaving a confused Indie to stand still in the elevator, wondering what was going on before she ran out to catch up with the victor and asked, "I don't get it. What did I do?"

𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒓'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒆:
sorry for the short chapter, I'll update again soon but
I liked ending it right there and wanted to get at least one update in before I start school next week.

I hope this chapter wasn't too cringey / cliche but I wanted a normal, we aren't going to die moment.

I've decided that I want to make mockingjay a sequel to this and not just an act so if anyone is against this speak now or forever hold your peace. I mainly want to do it so I feel like I've actually accomplished something by completing a book.

stay safe everyone!

1009 words

comments appreciated and have a good day / night!

. . . 𝒂 𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒐𝒍𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒊𝒔 𝒓𝒊𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒈 . . .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.5K 824 24
She made broken look beautiful and strong look invincible. She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like a pair of wings. | th...
3.3K 203 13
ā”ā” šŸŒæ š–šˆš‹š‹šŽš– ā› In which, they love each other, but neither one can admit it, not even to themselves. āœ āŖ the hunger games ā« āŖ catching fire ā”...
98.3K 5.2K 22
Make sure you kiss your knuckles before you punch me in the face. CATCHING FIRE / oc x oc Ā© š–†š–“š–™š–Žš–›š–Šš–“š–”š–’š–˜
194K 7K 36
In which a healer is forced to become a killer. | THE HUNGER GAMES X FEM OC |