The Devil & The Draxon

Od Kilameia

| boyxboy | Lucifer x OC | You know, the devil once loved another, more than anything else. Everyone knows th... Více

Epigraph + Info
1. Escape
2. Victim One
3. Victim Two
4. New & Old Faces
5. Concerns
6. Bonding
7. Caught
8. Memories of Meeting
9. Betrayal
10. First Time for Everything
11. Return of the Draxon
12. Victim Three
13. Friends & Apologies
14. Changing Plans
15. Prayer
16. Gone
17. The Silver City
18. Apologies
19. Victims Four & Five
20. Murder, Marriage & a Little Bit of Fun
21. Nightmares
22. Friendly Bonding
23. Behind Backs
24. Finding Out
25. To Heal
26. What's Next
27. A Warm Welcome
28. His Lover's Partner (pt. 1)
29. His Lover's Partner (pt. 2)
30. Back to Semi-Normal
31. What Happened in Rome
32. Going Off Script
33. All I Have
34. New to Earth
35. For my Sanity's Sake
36. Highs & Lows
37. What a Nightmare
38. Protecting & Saving
39. Vengeance Shall be Ours This Night
40. One Last Case
41. Welcome to the Dragonlands
42. The Battle of the Moon & Sun
43. Things That Hiss in the Night
44. Hearing Things
45. Desperation
46. The Returning
47. Fears
48. The Brightest Night
49. The Battle of the Moon & Sun (Reprise)
50. The Letters
Interlude: If You Take the Draxon Camping
51. Guess Who's Back
52. Breaking
53. The Queen's Return
54. You're Mine & I'm Yours
55. The Devil's Back
56. Creating Memories
58. Demons & Dragons
59. Sinful Souls
60. Forgetting & Fights
61. Forever
Interlude: Once Upon a Time
Interlude: Behind the Scenes Thing
Prequel?
I Hate You All
Interlude: Christmas Special
5.9: Family Dinner
6.3: Rory's Arrival
Interlude: A Different Path

57. Tired Devils & Murderous Urges

974 39 1
Od Kilameia

"Nyxeus."

"No."

"Come on, get up."

"But Luci..."

"We're going to be late to work, love, now come on."

"But you're exhausted, Luci, I can tell. Take a day off or you'll fall asleep in the middle of the police place."

"I already told the detective we'd be there. Get up. I'm going to make myself a coffee and no, you're not having any. I don't need a repeat of last time."

"Last time?"

"Just trust me on this, Nyxeus. You don't get coffee. Now up and get dressed."

"Noooo..."

"I'll dump cold water on you if you don't get up."

The draxon yelps, his eyes snapping open. Lucifer chuckles at the glare he receives, brushing some of Nyx's hair from his face. The devil stands from his place sitting on the edge of the bed and walks away, leaving Nyx to begrudgingly get out of bed. He runs a hand lazily through his messy hair, yawning as he wanders over to the closet.

Lucifer waits in the living room, sipping at a steaming cup of coffee and playing games on his phone. Every so often, his eyelids droop and his head starts to fall only to snap back up, eyes wide open.

"Doesn't do much good, does it," the devil mumbles to himself, setting his now empty mug down. "Must wake up, can't be dozing off on the drive..."

"Are you sure you won't take the day off, Luci?" Nyx says, walking down the steps from the bedroom. "You're tired and can barely stay awake, love."

"No," Lucifer replies, standing up and tucking his phone into his jacket pocket. "Now come on, we're late enough already. The detective says this case will be interesting and I want to start trying to get back to normal."

Nyx purses his lips but follows the devil out of the penthouse. The draxon hums softly to himself as he watches the buildings go by.

"Where are we going, Luci?"

"Some alley near downtown."

"Oh... Luci?"

Lucifer doesn't reply. Nyx yelps as the car starts turning left only to veer sharply back on course as Lucifer's eyes snap open again.

"Pull over," Nyx says. "Luci, you're falling asleep again."

"I'm fine, darling. We're almost there anyway."

"Luci, pull over."

"Nyxeus, I said I'm fine. I'm... Fi..."

Lucifer's head drops again, only to snap up once more, his eyes now a gleaming sunset orange.

"Stubborn," Nyx mumbles. "Now, how to drive, how to drive... Alright, I can do this. Yes, let Luci rest."

The humming continues now from Lucifer's lips as Nyx controls him, the draxon's body relaxed but not limp in the passenger seat. They arrive at the newest crime scene to find the usual yellow tape surrounding the place, police cars all around. Nyx parks the car nearby and retracts his magic from the devil's mind.

The draxon steps out of the car and walks around to the devil's side, a small, fond smile on his lips as he picks up his lover.

"Nyxeus," Dan says, seeing the draxon walk over with the devil in his arms. "Is Lucifer alright?"

"Hmm? Oh, yes, he's just exhausted. Nearly crashed on the way here because he's too stubborn to admit he needs rest."

Nyx smiles softly, tucking Lucifer's head up against his neck. A small smile appears on Lucifer's lips though he remains asleep, his arms around Nyx's neck and his fingers fisted in the draxon's hair.

Chloe smiles at the pair. "Nyx, why don't you take him home and both of you take the day off. I'm sure we'll manage just fine."

Nyx frowns slightly. "If you're sure. I'm sure Luci will be annoyed but he's been dead on his feet all morning."

"Take the day off and let him rest."

Nyx nods, giving the two detectives a thankful smile and turns back towards the car. He places Lucifer gently in the passenger seat, turning at the tap on his shoulder.

"Oh, it's you!" the draxon says, his eyes lighting up.

Pete smiles softly. "It's me. You work with the LAPD?"

The draxon nods. "If you're looking for a way to listen in on their investigations, then I can't really help you. I'm not very... ah, in the loop is the phrase, right?"

Pete nods and curses softly. "Damn, I was hoping..."

"I can try and keep you informed, but I don't think it'll go well. I'm not very good at simply reading minds yet."

"It's fine, I'll find a way... I'm almost ready and yes, I'll let you come watch."

Nyx grins excitedly. "Good. Have you seen any of the others lately?"

"Veronica took a trip to Hawaii," Pete says. "Sarah is still around and I'm pretty sure Max is too. Others, I'm not sure."

"Alright... Now, I've got to get my sleepy darling home."

Pete nods and turns away. "And I've got a murder to report. See you around then?"

"See you around," Nyx says, a small giggle passing his lips. "On the path red with blood, right?"

Pete nods again, glancing around to be sure no one overhears. Giving Nyx a small smile, he walks away towards the body down the alley. Nyx watches him go for a few seconds before getting in the car and driving away.

*Nyxeus, were you lost?*

*Maybe...?*

*You were wandering the dungeons, I'm pretty sure that should be a yes. What are you doing here?*

*Well, Luci's sleeping because he's exhausted and I realized I don't know how he was while I was gone. So, how was he?*

Jinx blinks in surprise at the question. *He wasn't good, that's for sure. Thousands of years passed in Hell, right? For the first few centuries he would move almost robotically and seemed unsure of himself. I think he kept hoping you would show up sooner or later.

*It took a long time for him to start showing emotion again. He cried himself to sleep most nights and his sleep was restless. Nightmares plagued him. It was a sad sight to behold. It was only a century or so ago he really got better and even still, he wasn't good. He probably slept like a baby the first night with you, correct?*

Nyx nods. *He did. Didn't stir once and clung to me desperately even in sleep.*

*Lucifer hasn't had many good nights so he probably is extremely tired. You should probably get back, Nyxeus, to be there when he wakes.*

*That's a good idea, yes.*

Lucifer blinks tiredly, his mind sluggish and vision blurry. A yawn passes his lips as he tries to get his eyes to focus. A small moan escapes him as he picks up on the sensation of fingers combing gently through his hair and the warm hand massaging his back.

The devil blinks again, tilting his head up to meet his lover's eyes, a lazy smile on his lips. He's lying on Nyx's chest, the draxon's skin warm against his cheek.

"What time is it?" the devil mumbles.

"Late evening," Nyx replies, still combing through Lucifer's hair. "Jinx tells me you slept terribly while I was gone so I let you rest." Lucifer says nothing for a long moment. "You haven't told me everything, Luci."

"And nor have you," Lucifer says. "You know some murderer is preparing to start murdering and you want to watch like it's a movie?"

"Yes, is there something wrong with that?"

Lucifer sighs heavily. "Love, I told you no killing."

"Oh... Did you?"

"Yes, Nyxeus, I did. I— Just look in my memories."

Nyx frowns, reaching through his bond with the devil and looking through the memories Lucifer pulls to the front of his mind.

"Oh..." Nyx pulls back from his lover's mind. "Luci?"

"Yes, love?"

"Is that why I sometimes want to..."

"Want to what, darling?"

Nyx whimpers softly, holding the devil tighter against him. "Sometimes I get this urge to just sink my claws into people and rip them apart and hear them scream and I don't know what to do. Luci, what do I do?"

"Stop yourself," Lucifer replies softly. "Nyxeus, don't give in to that urge."

"How do I make it go away? Luci, it's so tempting... Am I crazy? Luci, Luci, I think I'm crazy. That's not good is it? That's bad. Am I a bad guy Luci?"

Lucifer doesn't answer right away, unsure of how to answer at all. What can he say? What would help comfort his lover yet not be a lie? And to make that urge go away?

"You're not a bad person, love, not to me," Lucifer whispers eventually. "Never to me. But please, Nyxeus, don't give in to that urge. Fight it for me, darling."

Nyx nods to himself, mumbling, "Fight it... Yes, fight it for Luci... No watching killing?"

Lucifer's lips purse as he thinks. "You wouldn't give up the killer would you?"

"Um... I'm quite fond of him... Little hints?"

"Then fine. If it'll help satisfy that urge, watch but try not to do it yourself, hmm?"

Nyx nods. "Yes yes. Watch but not do. Watch but not do... Luci?"

"Yes?"

"Why do you put up with me? I have problems. I have big problems and I feel like all you do is help me. Aren't I supposed to help you too? And I try to, really Luci, I try really hard but am I good enough?"

Lucifer hushes him. "You are good enough, darling. I know you have problems and I don't mind helping you deal with them. All I need you to do is be there for me and you've done that." Nyx gives an unconvinced little hum and Lucifer pinches his arm. "You don't have to doubt yourself, Nyxeus. I knew what I was getting into when I mated you and I'm not going anywhere. You're mine, love, forever."

"Forever," Nyx whispers with a small smile.

Lucifer smiles softly and nods. "Forever."

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

104K 3.7K 34
[COMPLETED] ✓ [BOOK 1] TO WIN THE DEVIL'S HEART [BOOK 2] THE LOST MORNINGSTAR Salem Winters is a young incubus who finds himself in hot water when...
384 41 23
"No matter who you are, someone is destined to find you."​ Soul Mate /ˈsōl ˌmāt/ noun plural noun: soulmates A person ideally suited to another as...
462K 10.9K 31
Lorelai Thomas is the poster child for being a Good Girl. Well mannered, outstanding grades and a need to succeed in everything she does, its no sock...
1.1M 64.5K 37
It's the final showdown. The Shifter is done playing games. The war reaches its peak. The fate of the universe is at hand. And Lucifer finds himself...