NEIGHBOUR | PJM โœ“

By -hyungnim

๐€ ๐Œ๐€๐ ๐“๐‘๐˜๐ˆ๐๐† ๐“๐Ž ๐†๐ˆ๐•๐„ ๐‡๐ˆ๐’ ๐ƒ๐€๐”๐†๐‡๐“๐„๐‘ ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐–๐Ž๐‘๐‹๐ƒ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‹๐„ ๐…๐ˆ๐๐ƒ๐ˆ๐๐† ๐‡๐ˆ... More

NEIGHBOUR
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
13
EXTRAS
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

12

5.7K 418 74
By -hyungnim

Another couple of days passed then, Min Hee was always the one picking Eunji up from school. Ara didn't want to admit it, but she was definitely disappointed.

She wasn't ready to forgive, that was for sure. But she wanted to see him.

"I'm sorry he hasn't come yet," Min Hee had said that last day, "He's been held up at work every day and he just hasn't had time-"

"It's fine," Ara shook her head, "He can do whatever he wants with his time."

"I know but-"

"Min Hee!" a small voice chirped and the two women looked down to see Eunji reach up for a hug.

"My little angel!" Jimin's cousin exclaimed, crouching down and pulling her into her arms, "How are you?"

"Awesome!" the young one declared, "I'm so ready to go home and watch Moana with daddy again tonight!"

Ara bowed then, deciding to take her leave. The thought of that man would continue to pull at her heart no matter how much she tried to remain calm.

She missed him, sure.

But was she more mad that he hadn't seemed to make any attempt at making things right?

--

It was evening again and Ara was on her fifth episode of The Good Place, waiting on her food to be delivered. She'd ordered takeout that day, not feeling up to cooking for herself.

When the doorbell rang, she paused the show and reached for the door handle.

But when she opened it, the familiar chocolate mane that caught her eyes then was not what she had been expecting.

Rolling her eyes, she immediately went to close the door again but this time he reached out her hand to stop her.

"Ara, I'm sorry," he began, she clutched onto the handle tighter, "I know you don't want to hear this from me but I really was out of line when I spoke that way to you earlier."

She didn't say anything.

"I was a jerk and I said things I didn't mean, I was so wrong for it all, none of it was your fault and yet I just put it all on you, I'm sorry."

Ara nodded, "Thank you, Jimin."

"I'm sorry," he whispered again, biting his lip, "I hate myself for putting you through everything I did. You don't deserve any of it."

"I'm really grateful for your apology, Jimin," Ara started but let her gaze fall to the ground, "I just hope you can understand, I need a little more time."

"Yeah," he shuffled in his spot, "Of course."

"Thank you Jimin. Please look after yourself, okay?"

--

It had been a couple weeks since Ara had spoken to Jimin, she always found an excuse to busy herself outside when Jimin came to pick Eunji up, and she wasn't picking up his calls or replying to his texts.

She wanted to forgive him, but at the same time he'd wounded her and hadn't waited for her to heal, nor did he help.

"Ara!" Eunji's cheery voice interrupted her trance and she stared down at the girl, "I've missed you!"

"Aw honey," Ara crouched down, "Same here."

"Why don't you come around anymore?" Eunji pouted, eyes full of admiration, "Daddy's been so bored."

"He has?" honestly, Jimin was the last person she wanted to talk about then. But she didn't have the heart to dismiss Eunji like that.

"Yeah! He just works all the time now," she groaned, "He doesn't even sing Butterfly for me anymore."

"Your daddy sings?"

"Yes!" Eunji started to hop on the spot, "He sounds like an angel! Like a whole choir of angels!"

"I've never heard him sing," Ara grinned at her, "But have you asked him to do it for you?"

Eunji nodded.

"Did you try saying pretty please?"

She lifted her eyes to the ceiling in thought, "No, I haven't, maybe I should try that!"

"Yes!" Ara chimed, "Tell me how it goes, okay?"

"Okay!" Eunji giggled, "I'm going to go colour!"

Ara laughed too, "Okay sweetheart."

And as she walked away, Ara felt tears prick at the back of her eyes. She sure missed the little one.

--

Another evening Ara found herself lounging on her couch rewatching another episode of The Good Place. She wondered why it was the only show she could bring herself to watch.

Perhaps it was because it was the only show she hadn't watched with Jimin.

It was the only one that didn't remind her of him.

A knock came from the door in the middle of her favourite episode and Ara groaned at the thought of pausing it. She already knew who was going to be at the door; there really was nobody else who would visit at this time.

She didn't get up, however, she just stared at her frozen screen as she waited for him to leave.

About five minutes of silence later, Ara reached for the remote to press play but stopped when she heard some loud music.

Furrowing her eyebrows, she looked down to her phone to check if she was playing anything.

But she wasn't.

So where was it coming from?

Standing up finally, she tried to follow the sound, only to end up at her front door again.

Rolling her eyes, she opened the door, but as she did the sound got louder. And what she was faced with could only take her breath away.

There Jimin was, a giant bouquet of lilies (her favourite) covering his face as he sang the lyrics to a song she'd never heard before.

But it wasn't just the vision of the man standing there that made her speechless.

His voice was truly that of an angel's. She would never have assumed this man could sing as he did, the melodious tune making her fight the urge to close her eyes to bask in it.

When he was done singing, Ara couldn't help but expect more. She didn't want him to stop.

But he did, a small head popping out from behind the lilies as he blinked at her.

"Hi," he breathed.

"Hi."

"Okay, before you say anything, I'm sorry. I was a jerk, I said things I didn't mean that night. I didn't think anything through and I let my anger speak my mind without even trying to see the logic behind the situation. None of this was your fault and I was so wrong to put all the blame on you for what happened to Eunji. You're such a wonderful teacher to her and everytime she comes home from school she's always gushing about you and I completely ignored that all just because I was mad at myself for not being able to do anything to help her. You really deserve the world and it was so dumb of me to even put any of this on you.

I'm so so sorry Ara, I understand if you never want to see me again."

Ara blinked.

"Eunji said you two talked about my singing, and that was when I realised I'd never let you hear it," he sighed, "I know it's not great but I wanted to do something special for you and I just wanted you to know that I'm truly sorry. You mean the world to me, Ara. Before, Eunji was the only person I cared for, I didn't even look after myself. But because of you, I now care for two other people in my life, you and me. Not only have you made a home in my heart, but you've shown me how I must look after myself too. And that's everything for me, Ara. I want to earn your love back, I really do."

"Jimin I-"

"Take all the time you need," he told her, "But I hope you know that I really really want to make this work again, Ara. You're it for me, and I know promises don't mean anything unless I show you through my actions that I won't do anything like that again. But I will try my best to show you that I truly mean it."

"Okay," Ara breathed out, sending him a small smile. "Fine."

"And I will- Wait what?"

"This doesn't mean I forgive you, Jimin, not yet."

"Of course," he quickly started again, "And like I said, I won't rush you but-"

"Get in here," she stepped aside, rubbing the sides of his arms, "It must be cold out there."

"Ara," he slipped his shoes off and walked in, voice growing deeper as he spoke again, "Listen to me, I shouldn't have said those things to you even if I was out of my mind for a minute. You've been nothing but a blessing to my family and I ju-"

She cut him off by pulling him down with the hands she had wrapped around his neck, capturing his lips.

"It's okay, love, it's okay."

She understood him. She saw the small, insecure boy who saw that it was all his fault.

"I don't forgive you yet, that's going to take time," she told him, "But thank you for taking this step toward me again."

He smiled softly, "I love you."

"I know," she whispered, "I missed you."

"I missed you too," he whispered back, "But do you know what I miss more?"

"What?"

"Your adorable bear pyjamas!" he cheered, leaning back and grinning at her, making her eyes grow wide, looking down at herself.

"Oh my God I can't beli-"

"Did I just ruin the mood?"

"I hate you," she grit her teeth and slapped his arm.

"That's okay, I still love you."

completely new chapter for neighbour!

while editing i ended up deciding to make this a whole new chapter so here we go :')

hope you're all well uwu

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.3K 1.1K 12
"แด‡แด แด‡ษด ษชา“ ษชแด› สœแดœส€แด›s สŸษชแด‹แด‡ สœแด‡สŸสŸ,ษช'สŸสŸ แด‹แด‡แด‡แด˜ แดษด สŸแดแด ษชษดษข สแดแดœ" contain : fluff angst smut
333K 17K 32
Cherrie Kim, a cunning and career minded young woman, has everything worked out for her. She has always thought that she can achieve anything as long...
55.6K 3.2K 30
"I see a new guy pop up on my dating app, and Lea and I collectively utter out a 'Woah!'" ~ Follow Y/N and her friends as they navigate through the w...
40.3K 1.7K 16
SAMPLE of completed novella! :) You can purchase the full, original version on Amazon here: https://rb.gy/x3cy4 ๐–๐‡๐„๐ ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐Œ๐Ž๐Ž๐ ๐€๐๐ƒ ๐“๐‡๏ฟฝ...