The Lost Gods - middle name AU

By ShadowFox1346

This story is set in a world where power depends on a name. A name you're not given by your parents, a name t... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
A/N
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

Chapter 7

5.2K 158 113
By ShadowFox1346

Did...
Did we just get adopted by 1-B?

—————————

Shinso and I sat down and continued chatting away, discussing random things before the topic drifted to Project Utopia.
I pulled out a spiral notebook with notes on the project and one light sketch of the main building. He gave me a fair share of notes and I jotted them down, mumbling while I did so.
Shinso, who miraculously kept up with my usually incoherent mumbling, added responses and notes in between and soon we had a lot.

We still had so much planning left to do.

But something made us stop. Something made us look around at the class.
That something was silence accompanied with glares and stares.

"What?" Shinso asked the class.

No one answered.

No matter.
I basically read their minds off of their faces.
I whispered the conclusion to him and realisation dawned on him, his expression still passive.

Voices banged at the walls of my thoughts, breaking through as the class' criticism chipped away at my mental wall.
Yet no one knew or would ever know.

"If you're going to say something, say it." I spat out.
"Fine." Momo responded. "You don't deserve to be in this class, let alone a hero, you monsters."

Oh...

————————
-Shinso's POV-

Oh

So that's how she want to play huh?

I can play like that

"Oh? The high and mighty Queen wants me out of her presence?" I mocked, voice high and whiny. I just chuckled darkly.
Midoriya didn't meet my gaze or laugh with me.

There was none of what happened yesterday.

Midoriya tilted his head up, eyes locking with mine. There were dull and black.

Oh...
Oh no

Within me I felt a buzz of emptiness. Is this a guild thing? I hope the others can get here and help him. I can't handle him and miss high and prissy, the Queen.

"Look, we earned our places here. If you're still going on about what happened yesterday, you're wasting your breathe."

She just grinned.
"Oh? Then what about him? I believe I do have an affect on you, you villains."

She can tell.

I grimaced, not letting the emotion grace my impossibly straight and tired features but the pain reached my eyes and that's all she needed for that triumphant spark to light in her own.

Then the door burst open.

What?

-3rd person-

Monoma and Kuroiro, followed by the entirety of 1-B ran into the 1-A classroom.
When Monoma left the 1-B classroom yelling something about Midoriya from 1-A, Kendo was ready to smack him, but with Kuroiro following him almost immediately, she knew something big was going down.
Unfortunately, she wasn't sure if it was good or bad.

Monoma and Kuroiro rushed over to a limp Midoriya as the rest of 1-B basically watched as Shinso growled in the direction of Yaoyorozu and Bakugo, the ones they had been fighting yesterday.

They knew something not in the favour of the powerful boys had gone down. And now Midoriya was unresponsive, empty...

Broken...

Oh, they had hell to give.

Kuroiro stood next to the sitting Shinso as 1-B noticed the smirk upon the Queen's face.

"Ooh look, the extras have decided to defend the freaks! How pitiful! Hah!"
Laughter rippled through majority of 1-A. A few of them moved over to 1-B near the front of the classroom, the action going unnoticed by the King's court. They weren't comfortable with the rest of 1-A and members of 1-B comforted them.
Some just weren't saying anything but weren't doing anything to stop it or join the ones hiding in 1-B.
"Oh come on Deku! Where's that confidence that you had yesterday!? Huh!? Where'd that go, demon?"

A glass shattering scream pierced the taunting laughter of the class, the source: the greenette now on the floor, clutching his head. Monoma tried to shake him out of it but shadows shot toward the class 1-A, trying to protect their master. Shadow tendrils seized the two main tormentors, Bakugo and Yaoyorozu, and latched onto the rests' ankles, preventing movement. The ones huddled in 1-B were safe.

"He really is a monster! Using his power on us!? Unprovoked as well!? I wonder how Aizawa sensei would react with this? He'll get expelled!"

The scream faltered, Midoriya's breath speeding up. Then his breaths came in rapid succession, anxiety creeping up on him. He started panting hard, intakes of breath fast and loud. He clutched his arms to his chest, violent sobs racking his frame as tears cascaded down his face.

He didn't want to be expelled. Especially for something he didn't have control over!

He could only panic as unnecessary adrenaline prevented his body from moving apart from the heaving sobs.

Monoma tried to approach but couldn't get near without Midoriya scooting away, breathing getting worse.

That was when Aizawa woke up.
He evaluated the chaos, dark eyes landing on the shaking greenette. He got the picture from the trapped class. He didn't know why 1-B was here.
"Shinso, he's the most comfortable with you. Approach slowly, let him see what you're doing. Let him come to you."
Shinso nodded and turned back to the crying god. Monoma retreated, ready to give Aizawa a recount of what happened but he didn't need it.

Shinso crouched, slowly moving closer to the boy. The boy's eyes trailed to the purple haired teen. He watched him unfold his arms, holding them out for a hug.

Midoriya slid right into them.

He buried his still crying face into Shinso's uniform jacket. Tears stained the uniform but Shinso didn't care. Shinso wrapped his arms around the shaking male and Midoriya soon got a handle on his breathing with Shinso's help. He remained curled up in Shinso's lap for a while longer, waiting to fully calm down.

"Are you okay?"
Midoriya just barely shook his head.
"That's okay, just know I'm here."
He nodded this time.

They stayed like that for another while, Midoriya feeling comfort in Shinso's contact.

Meanwhile -
Aizawa approached the trapped students, as the shadows, now retreating with the safety of the greenette, disappeared across the classroom.

"What's happened here?"
"Midoriya attacked us!" Yaoyorozu sobbed. "We were just talking and then his shadows trapped us. He hurt us and used his powers!"

Aizawa stares down the black haired girl.
"Then why did he have a panic attack?" He asked coolly.
"I told him he would get expelled for this and he just freaked out!"

"And why should I believe the one who was trying to get him expelled yesterday?" He seethed. She blanched.
"Monoma, what happened?"
"I remember feeling empty, like I was falling. I knew it wasn't my emotion so that left the guild."
"You can feel each other's emotions!?" Yaoyorozu yelped.
"I checked on Kuroiro, but it wasn't him so it had to be one of these two. I wasn't sure but I had an idea that it was Midoriya, call it instinct. We rushed over to hear Yaoyorozu and Bakugo calling them freaks and villains. The shadows only trapped them after that and then Yaoyorozu threatened to get him expelled for something he didn't do on purpose and he began to panic."
"Something he didn't do?"
"What she just tried to expel him for, sir."

"Right. Yaoyorozu and Bakugo, detention, the rest of you are on a warning. If I see you threatening or degrading students again I will not hesitate to expel you."

He smiled maniacally. He was going to do something. It wasn't good.

"Midoriya, Shinso, spend the day with 1-B. Kirishima, Kaminari, Asui, when training comes, I want you to train with 1-B rather than 1-A, clear?"
"Hai sensei!"

Shinso lifted Midoriya up, the shorter boy heavily fatigued after that. They followed 1-B out the door, Monoma and Kuroiro on either side of them.
The bell rang and they went to the cafeteria. Midoriya slept the break away before they had to go back to class.

They followed Monoma and Kuroiro to the 1-B classroom. They slid back the large door.

Whoa

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 54 12
This story contains triggering things, such as abuse, bullying, harm, and etc. If you are uncomfortable with any of these, then please do not read. R...
14.5K 172 24
After he turned 10 the boy known as Izuku midoriya changed. The timid and shy boy was gone. in his place was a new Izuku Midoriya. A izuku Midoriya w...
224 16 6
"I didn't know you'd miss me so much, Kitten." The younger man says teasingly. "Don't call me that." The older man sights already tired of the conver...
38 1 1
You would never think that the Greek Gods would finally come down from Mount Olympus to live like any other human, and you wouldn't think they would...