Flaming Hearts ~Dying Spark ~...

By Namifangurl07

She was happiness. She was joy. A charming little girl with who would always see the positive side of things... More

The main Cast of the Story (Yours truly)
Prologue
CH1 - Changing minds
CH2 - Hope in the impossible
CH3 - Like brother like sister
CH4 - Between the flames and the light
CH5 - A chance to become someone
CH6 - The First Case
CH7 - The three Yokai
CH8 - Reunited again. . .
CH9 - A Son's motivation
CH10 - Eye to Eye
CH11 - Meeting the Master
CH12 - Fighting in the darkness
CH13 - Brains and Sheer Dumb Luck
CH14 - Rise or Fall
CH15 - The Spirit Detective Strikes Again
CH16 - Where the adventure begins
🖍🎨 Drawings 🎨🖍
CH17 - Into The Maze Castle
CH18 - Genbu the Stone Beast
CH19 - Byakko the White Tiger
CH20 - Inside The Room of Hell
CH21 - The Second Round
CH22 - The Cold-hearted Warrior
CH23 - No time to waste
CH24 - The beginning of the real fight
CH26 - The end of all this
CH27 - Back home with confusion
CH28 - The Second Wave of All
CH29 - The Nightmare Case
CH30 - Here we go again
CH31 - Into the Unknown
CH32 - Under the Water
CH33 - Battle between emotions
CH34 - The Scarves From the Past
CH35 - A Rocky Situation
CH36 - Like Water and Fire
CH37- Difficulties and more conflicts
CH38 - Final Decisions
CH39 - It's combat time
CH40 - The moment of truth
CH41 - The Flame within ourselves - Part 1
CH41 - The Flame within ourselves - Part 2
CH42 - The skeleton in the closet.
CH43 - A Heart to Heart
CH44 - Getting into a little situation
CH45 - Miyuki's conclusion
CH46 - Blind Love
CH47 - Opening Up
CH48 - From Good to Disaster - Part 1
CH48 - From Good to Disaster - Part 2
CH49 - Start of Something New - Part 1
CH49 - Start of Something New - Part2
CH50 - Weird Days Happens
CH51 - Lamenting Beauty
CH52 - Freaks in our way
CH53 - With Small Steps Forward
CH54 - The Demon Triad
CH55 - The Toguro Brothers
CH56 - One Last Mission
Epilogue
Last Page - Author Note

CH25 - What's important. . .?

327 15 9
By Namifangurl07

Miyuki hadn't moved from her position and neither did the clone of Suzaku. The two stared at each other intensely while trying to read one another like books.

Suzaku held confidence in his expression while Miyuki's remained serious with the small hint of anger in her eyes. However, the girl knew better than to let her emotions get the best of her. She needed a plan, but her eyes didn't catch anything from her surroundings that could be useful. Not at the moment that is.

Without any warning, Miyuki charged at the Saint Beast at full speed, with her ice sword ready for a strike. Unfortunately, at each attempted to cut with her sharp ice, Suzaku just dodged it with ease. 

Seeing that this won't do much, Miyuki took another swing, but this time she manipulated her ice sword into a water whip that managed to catch the demon by the neck and pull him close, getting the perfect chance to kick him in the stomach. Suzaku landed, rolling on in the dust, grunting.

Miyuki jumped back as she placed her Kunai back to her bag, while her the water circled around her like a floating ring.

"Very nice." The clone of the Saint Beast commented as he got back to his feet with one hand on his stomach. The water bender girl didn't give Suzaku much chance to recover. Instead, she punched into her water ring, making ice bullets come out of the water. 

The sharp ice bullets targeted the demon, but Clone Suzaku managed to just punch them each into little pieces. One managed to cut his cheek, and that angered him. The demon lifted up his fist. His index and middle finger stretched out and now charged up with a powerful blast of orange lightning orb. Miyuki jumped up in the air and did a tornado kick that sent a huge water blast toward Suzaku, who immediately turned it into thin air with the help of his lightning. As the steam cleared out of Suzaku's way a smug smirk made his way up to his face when his gaze caught the look of shock and terror on Miyuki's face.

'Crap. . .' The girl thought to herself at that very moment as she froze in her position.

"Impressive isn't it, my dear?" Asked the Suzaku clone smoothly, snapping Miyuki out of her small trance as her eyes narrowed with disgust.

"Don't call me that!" The black-haired girl snapped back before pulling out a small amount of water from her third bota bag and manipulate it with her spirit energy to increase its quantity. She now has two large water rings that are circling around her in an 'x' position. 

In one swift motion, the female Spirit Detective shot a huge and powerful tornado-like blast toward the Saint Beast, but he managed to escape it, just in time. At that very moment, Suzaku took this chance of vulnerability and shot a bolt of lightning at Miyuki. The attack went through the girl's left hand then the electricity spread through her entire body like wildfire in the forest.

A scream of bloody murder and pain escaped her throat as the painful burning sensation kept on going, from the muscles to every inch of her bones. A pain that Miyuki's beloved brother recognizes way too well.

Hiei suddenly felt something snapped within his brain like something just sting him in the head. Immediately he looked at his left wrist where his mark was.

'She is in trouble.' He thought as he tried his very best to speed up the process of finishing the captivated humans off.

"Miyuki! GET AWAY!" The worried brother figure screamed at the screen as it would constantly flicker between the girls from the Human World or to Miyuki who is fighting with the clone Suzaku.

"There is nothing to be worried about Yusuke." The real Suzaku reassured with a slight chuckle. "He won't hurt her that much, but just enough to get some sense into her. It would be a shame now to bruise up that beautiful face of hers. That would just ruin our wedding portrait." The demon joked before laughing again while Yusuke's scream echoed through the entire room. The boy's emotions were everywhere as he watched his Keiko being trapped and soon to be killed by the infected people. His mind then went to his sister who is probably going to die by the hands of a Suzaku copy.

Two different things but with one common fact. He felt pathetic, helpless, and useless at the moment. His promise to protect the ones he deeply cares about is broken. He felt like a failure for not being able to keep that for both Keiko and his sister. He wanted to be better than that, but by the looks of things, it's too late for that now.

"But there's no point of being sentimental." The real Suzaku said smoothly. "Come not, it's time for you to join your girlfriend." He encouraged. Yusuke whimpered in pain as he lowered his head down and shut his eyes tight. A single tear escaped through his eyelids the grief, sadness, and guilt began to eat him from the inside.

"I know Suzaku, have him die with one giant zap." Murugu suggested with a cheerful and excited tone.

"That's fine, but let's make it slow." Suzaku shouted with a stern voice. His clones obeyed and shot a huge zap at Yusuke, making him scream in agony.

Meanwhile, with Miyuki, the eighth Suzaku clone finished zapping the girl who soon collapsed onto her knees but held up her body with one of her hands while the other one clutched onto her chest. The demon clone chuckled amused as he approached the weak girl and crouched down to her level.

"I'm surprised with your will to survive, but why make it harder for yourself when you can just have the easy way out?" Suzaku asked smoothly as he brought his hands under Miyuki's chin and lift her gaze up to meet his. "Just say yes to my proposal and I will let you live. Join me, me my queen." He purred, making the girl's stomach do a flip.

Miyuki's eyes narrowed as they glared at Suzaku, right before spitting into his eyes. The demon let out a small yelp and backed away from the Urameshi girl, who regained that small strength she had within her and use it to send a water-punch blast right at the clone, making him fly away like ten feet.

"I. . . will. . . not. . . !" Miyuki spat with venom dripping from each word as she struggled her way back to her feet. The demon copy got up from the ground all wet and glared at the girl in front of her.

"Fine then!" Clone Suzaku said right before charging at the weakened female figure with an incredible speed and grabbed her by the neck, pushing her into a wall, harshly. The brick walls began to crack along with the backbones inside Miyuki's body. Her eyes widen in reflex as a small gasp forced its way out of the girl's lips.

"I had enough of your stubbornness, you little bitch. If I cannot have you, then nobody else will!" The demon clone snapped as he raised his hand up, ready for another shocking attack. Miyuki quickly bent Suzaku's arm with her left hand while the other one punched the neck area. A gasp escaped from the demon before his face was slammed into the wall, by the female Spirit Detective who immediately backed away and run towards the direction of the staircase.

"Oh, no you don't!" Suzaku yelled out of anger. "You come back here." He was now summoning his Storm of Torment. Miyuki turned around preparing her water blast again, but just as she got into her position the lightning strikes her again just like before, into her left arm then spread the electricity flow through her entire body like she was some kind of cable.

Yusuke passed out with his eyes wide open but chocolate-brown orbs emptied and blank from any emotions. His body felt numb as he feels himself slipping. His sister shared the same pain and condition, but she refused to give in and tried to stand her ground with the painful zap that is burning her heart or other vitals.

As both Urameshi siblings were being tortured to death, a voice of two people suddenly broke their way into their minds.

'Hello, there morons! ' Two elder voices greeted them.

"You two can't give up like this?!?!" One of them harshly snapped.

'Master Yara. . . Genkai. . . ?' Miyuki was brought back to reality, even though she was still tortured by the lightning from Suzaku's clone.

'But. . . Keiko. . .' Yusuke breathed in a daze as his consciousness began to fade.

'Oh, give the girls some credits, they're not dead.' Master Yara said, making both siblings' eyes filled with hope. Yusuke weakly lift up his head to look at the screen. He saw the three girls coming out of their hiding spot and beat the crap out of the infected humans, enraging the great Suzaku.

"Damn it!" He cursed as he saw his plan working otherwise. "Must I do everything myself?!" He growled out in frustration. "That girl will die no matter how long I'll have to wait!" At that Yusuke couldn't help but laugh, angering the leader of the Saint Beast even more.

"You!" Suzaku snapped. "You think this is funny?! Then let me teach you and that brat sister of yours some manners!" With that, the power of the electricity grew, increasing the pain and making Yusuke scream even more.

Back with Miyuki, the clone was still shooting that lighting bolt at the girl from the thirteen feet distance. Her high pitched scream echoing through the long and huge hall as her legs slowly start to give in little by little.

"There is no escaping now little girl, just give up!" Clone Suzaku taunted as he began to slowly approached the female spirit detective with one step at the time.

'Don't you remember one speck of your training?!' Genkai and Yara spoke again, asking each of their own students.

'Get out of my head you old bitch, I can't think right now!' Yusuke snapped back at his master.

'What the hell do you expect me to do Yara?!' Miyuki snapped as well, angrily. 'This is lightning we are talking about!'

'That's your whole problem.' Genkai replied impatiently and annoyed with Yusuke. 'Remember, focus your mind at the business at hand. You give up everything because you can't commit to anything.'

'So don't just stand there like an idiot and let yourself get zapped by these little craps, get up, be creative, and think of something.' Yara told Miyuki sternly.

'But what do you want me to do?!' The girl replied just as annoyed as her master was with her pupil.

''To start finding the core of your powers and act on like a true bender.' Yara replied in a shout.

'It's time you bit the bullet and start caring about something with all your heart and energy.' Genkai's serious voice rang. 'But you can't care about it if you're always holding yourself back in case it doesn't work out.'

'Stop thinking so much about finding a safe way to your possibilities, because in that way, you won't ever reach the beginning of it and you will end up losing so too much time and effort.' Yara's stern voice was heard as well.

'Concentrate on what's important.' Genkai and Yara spoke at the same time. 'Then commit to it all the way.'

'Okay.' Both Urameshi siblings thought to themselves as they were still in the grasp of Suzaku's torturing. 'But what's important?'

'We've come all this way. . .' Yusuke thought to himself as his screams echoed through the chamber. 'But what's the big deal?'

"Goodbye, Urameshi." Both Suzaku said at the same time as they were about to end the victims of their techniques' lives. They both lifted their free hands up in the air and soon they summoned the Storm of Torment again.

'I mean what's it gotten me?' Miyuki asked herself as her left shoulder suddenly began to burn under those bandages with energy.

'Why do I care?' Yusuke asked himself angrily as his hands balled into fists and his blue spirit energy began to surround them.

'Why do I care?' Miyuki said as well, loudly in her mind as her index and middle finger were stretched out with her three fingers curled up onto her palm. 

Her other hand copied the same hand sign while some interesting shape or pattern began to glow under the bandages that covered her left shoulder, now making body swim between the waves of white and blue spirit energy that began to surround her protectively. 

The two Urameshies mind then began to think of everything they learned from those two old ladies, triggering their memories in the process. How their lives were never the brightest since their childhood. How they were always looked down and made fun of for many things. Then their minds went to those few people who they had encountered and became friends with. There was their mother who had a hard time raising the siblings up, but no matter what she loved her children unconditionally. Then there was Sanyu, their childhood friend, the beak of light who accepted them for who they were no matter what. Then there's his brother Kurama, who was the brain of the team, the collective and calm one with a gentle heart. After him, they found Hiei on their list, one of the strongest members of the group with a nasty attitude, but despite that, both siblings believes that he is a good person at heart. Soon Kazuma popped in, the loud and annoying idiot, who would get himself into a lot of trouble by opening his big mouth and say things that he didn't think through, but aside from that, he was a noble soul who is also the heart of the group. Then there was kind Ruby, who would help on others in need. Botan their favourite bluenette, Botan. And finally Keiko. The one they are both fighting for.

'Because they need me.' Both Spirit Detective thought as determination suddenly began to wash over them, along with a strength that began to rise out from the core of their hearts.

'They need us Both!'

"Be sure to hold him tightly!" Suzaku ordered as he was ready for his thought to be the final blow that could kill Yusuke.

'Wait, wait, Suzaku! Let me get a better view.' Murugu said as she flew over in an angle where she can see everything.

Meanwhile, with Miyuki, the Suzaku Clone is now only one foot away.

"Farewell, little Miyuki!" He taunted as he raised his right hand up high in the air with the orb full of lighting between his fingers. However, Miyuki looked up with a furious expression as the fire in her eyes is yet again blazing. Clone Suzaku was caught off guard and so was the real deal who just shot his attack right at Yusuke.

"THIS IS FOR OUR FRIENDS, YOU JERK!" The Urameshi siblings screamed from the top of their lungs before attacking each of their opponents.

Yusuke set his power free in a big and bright explosion, swallowing up the whole room along with everyone that was in it.

As for Miyuki, she took a long and far step forward as her right arm was stretched out all the way in front of her enemy. 

Her fingers pointed right at Suzaku's chest and soon, the orange lightning that consumed her body before was now shot out of her fingers, sending the Suzaku clone into a pillar.

"Did I miss something or did you just get fife times more powerful?" The real Suzaku asked in a grunt as he raised up from the ground to face Yusuke.

A small moan escaped from the clone's lips as he struggled to get up.

"You. . ." He started with a hoarse voice as he stumbled back onto his feet. "You redirected my attack. . ."

Both Yusuke and Miyuki stood their ground as they sternly looked at their own enemies. Their matching orbs glared daggers at the Suzakus before speaking up again in a perfect sync like many siblings would.

"Life is a drag, isn't it?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.2K 2.2K 40
Ever wondered what Hiei was up to during his stay in the human world? How he was able to survive after finding himself stuck in a world where he'd ra...
20.2K 886 82
"You know. . . Despite our differences, we both have the same flame inside of us. " I told him with honesty as I turned away, looking up at the beaut...
979 46 17
The demon breathed heavily as he struggled to keep himself steady. "How? . . . When?" "Hmpf," Miyuki only smirked at his way. "Next time, you should...
5.4K 173 60
This is a sequel to my other yyh fanfic book 'A Warm Compassion'. The Next Generation of Team Urameshi's family group. Please read that first before...