lacuna [connor stoll]

By undercoverlovr

❝born to make history.❞ connor stoll was the last piece of her puzzle. lacuna (n.) a blank space, a missing... More

lacuna
I. Percy Brings Bad News Again
II. Connor Steals Ellie's Fruit Loops
III. Stealing Phones
IV. Second Chances
V. Find Percy Will Be Our Always
VI. Loss
VII. Travis' Fart can Cure Illness
VII. Snake in the Aphrodite Cabin
VIII. The Curse
IX. Hot Chocolate
X. Aphrodite Strikes Again
XI. Poop Pile
XII. The Campfire
XIII. Lava Sink Talks
XV. Feared Pranking Team
XVI. Get Syrup Feathered
XVII. The Quest
XVIII. Hope
IX. Hey Mr. Minotaur
X. The Gray Sisters
XI. Interrupting Sunday Dinner
XII. Five Days
XIII. Bird Woman
XIV. Holes
XV. Flying Emeralds
XVI. Lost at Sea
XVII. Shakespeare Showdown
XXVIII. Flying Shoes for Sale
XXIX. Aliens and Geeks
XXX. Luminous
XXXI. Let's Fight Stuff
XXXII. Operation Save Collie
XXXIII. See You Later Loser
XXXV. Meg the Communist
XXXV. One Legged Boy
XXXVI. Giant Naked Statue's Head Falls Off
XXXVII. Child Devouring Menace
XXXVIII. Norway
XXXIX. Freezing Waters
XL. Capture the Flag
XLI. Dirty Donut Stealer
XLII. Set into Motion

XIV. Empty Cabin

2.5K 114 160
By undercoverlovr

CHAPTER FOURTEEN: EMPTY CABIN

warning: this chapter contains content that might trigger someone. please don't read this chapter if you're not comfortable with reading about sexual assault.

It was only a week later that they finished Richard's cabin. Nyssa apologized, even if she didn't exactly know why. She probably thought it was a prank of some sort, Ellie was certainly infamous to those these days.

She nodded a greeting to Will as she plopped down at the Harmonia table for breakfast. She hoped that being extra nice to him, he would take her cast off earlier.

She hadn't gotten a wink of sleep last night, not wanting to face her dreams since the stunt she pulled last night. Her eyes drooped as she tried to enjoy her stale cereal with her one arm. Quite pathetic looking.

She caught sight of Richard walking past the pavilion, but when he glanced at her, he walked away. He seemed like he was in hurry to get where he needed to go. Ellie frowned, he always wanted to near her as much as possible, to make sure she stayed in line.

She should have bathed in the time spent away from him. Perhaps it was stupid of her, but curiosity overtook her. She stood, placing her spoon in the soggy, stale cereal that make her want to puke, and snuck after her stupid boyfriend.

She found him fairly quickly. It wasn't like he wasn't even trying to hide it.

There he was, in the middle of a heated makeout session on top of Zeus' Fist with none other then Drew Tanaka.

Anger flared inside of her.

"Really?" She blurted. "Despite all the shit you put me through, this is how you repay me?"

Both of their eyes shot to Ellie's. Ellie motioned to her breast, telling Drew silently that her breasts were a tad exposed. Drew blushed darkly underneath her chalky makeup, scrambling her top back on, hoping off the boulder.

"It's not what it looks like." Drew squeaked.

Ellie laughed bitterly. She shouldn't have cared, Richard was horrible towards her, but they were still together. They were still supposed to be horrible to each other.

"That's the card you're playing, Tanaka? You're that desperate? Your boyfriend dumps you, and this is how you deal with it? Screwing my boyfriend?" Ellie shook her head. "I'm not fucking stupid, you bi-"

She froze when she made eye contact with Richard. He was leaned against the boulder lazily, not a care in the world. "Nah, Drew. She's right. It's exactly what it looks like."

Ellie clenched her jaw tightly. "Drew-" She seethed through closed teeth. "Get the hell out of here."

Drew didn't hesitate, darting off past her.

That left Mr. Cheater and Ms. Dumbass.

"Well," Richard crossed his arms. "I suppose you're upset?"

Ellie couldn't stop the yawn that fell out. It was horrible timing. Lack of sleep and raging emotions were making her upset.

"Am I boring you, Dalton?" He sneered, taking a few steps closer to Ellie. She remained silent, glaring daggers into his skull.

"I'm sorry," Richard said, sighing. It threw her off, her eyebrows furrowing even deeper. "I don't know what I thought you saw, but I'm sorry that you don't trust me. I guess I'm just a horrible person, huh?"

His words conflicted themselves, making absolutely no sense to a person in the right head space.

Ellie was not in the right headspace. She had been manipulated, lied to, tortured by an Olympian to do her bidding, and had played the role of a puppet too long. She had no idea what to do. Her anger dissolved in her chest, just leaving a heartbroken, empty feeling in her heart.

"Then what happened?"

Richard eyed her carefully. "Can we not talk about it here? I'll make us some hot chocolate, and we can talk about it like two mature people in my cabin."

Ellie hesitated. Maybe she knew, deep down, that she should say no. It was vital to remember how well of a manipulator Richard had become to her. She didn't know right from wrong.

"Okay," She found the words spilling from her lips.

Richard's face broke into a grin, hugging her tightly. She flinched, but he just wrapped his arms around her as hard as she could.

"Wait for me in my cabin, okay?" He whispered, planting a kiss to her forehead. "I promise everything will make sense."

Ellie found herself nodding at his evil words, her feet moving without her brain telling them to move.

Minutes later, she was sitting on the Erebus' cabin couch. She played her fingers nervously as she waited.

"Hey love," Richard said, opening the door, holding two hot chocolates. He sat next to her on the couch after closing the door behind him.

He offered her a hot chocolate, but she shook her head. She felt devoid of any emotion, and she only liked drinking hot chocolate when she was happy. That way, all her memories with hot chocolate were happy.

"Seriously?" His voice was tight. "You don't want my hot chocolate that I got you? Do you not trust me? Do you not love me?"

She grabbed the hot chocolate from his hands and took a long gulp. "Happy?" She asked crankily. The hot chocolate tasted slightly off.

"Yes, dear." Richard said, even though it seemed forced. "So very happy."

He stared at her until she took another sip. "What?" She snapped when he continued to stare at her.

"Nothing, just that you're so pretty, baby."

Another sip.

"Thank you."

She glanced at Richard, feeling strangely comfortable.

"Why are we here again?" She muttered, frowning.

Richard shifted closer to her. "Because we're dating, silly. You're supposed to be with me."

Ellie nodded, taking another sip. A headache was forming, but there was no water to drink in his cabin, so she was going to have to deal with hot chocolate.

She looked at her boyfriend. His face was becoming slowly deformed, and when she blinked, there was a single eye on his forehead, like a cyclops.

"Wow!" She exclaimed, scooting away from him. Her words were slurred, and her movements were slow and jerky. Her limbs felt like they were full of lead. Instead of getting away from him, she only fell back on the couch.

She furrowed her eyebrows, frowning down at her mug. "Wh..." She mused, finding it hard to focus on one specific thought.

Richard just smiled. "All that it means is that it's working. Try to calm down. Everything is okay."

He pushed her down onto the couch, hovering over her.

✩✩✩

Connor was having a crappy day.

It started when Travis woke him up with a fake spider on his nose, but it only got worse when Drew decided to sit with the Hermes table for breakfast.

"Gods, it's pathetic." She was saying loudly. "I almost feel bad for the girl."

Connor tried to block out her voice, having no idea what she was talking about, and had no intentions of finding out.

"Who?" Julia asked.

"Ella?" Her voice faked confusion. "Ellio? I don't know, the Dalton girl."

"Ellie?" Connor's head shot up. "What about her?"

"Well, Richard seemed pretty excited to make out with me in the woods this morning." Drew said cheerfully. "Connor, I didn't know we were back on speaking terms."

Connor glared at her. "We aren't. Where are they?"

"Well," Drew drawled out, placing her hands on the table. "I don't think that's any of your business, is it?"

Connor clenched his fists. He looked over to Travis for support, who was eating a bagel like he wouldn't see tomorrows sunlight.

"Huh?" Travis asked, eyes darting between them. His mouth was full of bagel, making everyone at the Hermes' cabin cringe. "What are you talking about? Ellie? Yeah, uh, where is she?"

Drew picked at her nails, shrugging. "I think I saw them go to his cabin. I don't know, and I don't care."

Connor stood up, dropped his fork and letting it clatter on his plate. "Get away from our table, Tanaka."

He didn't wait for her reposing, jogging to find the girl. No matter what terms they were on, Ellie deserved better then that cheater.

He found Erebus' cabin, the newest addition to the cabins. He glanced inside, and his heart stopped.

Richard had her pinned down on the couch, hovering over her. With her lack of sleep and a broken arm, it definitely made her an easy target, but there was something else. She seemed out of it, like her eyes were glazed over.

He rushed to the door, fiddling with the handle. Richard had locked it, but Connor knew it was no match for him, a son of Hermes. He broke into the camp store every week, he could pick a lock.

His hands shook with anger, but he managed to break the lock and barge into the room.

"What in Hades?" Richard growled. "Can't a guy get some privacy around here?"

Connor strolled over and punched him in the face. He let out a cry of pain, but he wasn't done. Connor punched him again and again, kicking and whacking the son of Erebus.

When he finally stopped, his hands were still shaking with anger. Richard was knocked out, sprawled out in an awkward position, a welt forming on his forehead.

He turned to Ellie, who was half-conscious. Her eyes were glazed over, and Connor knew she was drugged. He picked her up carefully, throwing her good arm around his shoulder and slowly exiting the cabin.

"You're okay." He promised over and over.

"Connor..." She murmured, holding onto him with the strength she had left.

Connor got her to Harmonia cabin quick as possible so no one saw her in such a vulnerable situation, opening the door.

He had never been in her cabin before. He was slightly off put with how clean and open it was, the Hermes cabin had always been stuffy and messy.

The loft had a large king-sized bed, so he carried her up and gently placed her on the bed.

Ellie instantly slumped against the pillows. "Can't...fall asleep." She muttered, trying to open her eyes. Her arms collasped under her weight, and she fell back into the pillows.

"You've got to." Connor said softly. "You're safe, and I'll be right downstairs."

"Stay here," She slurred, blinking rapidly.

"I-can't." Connor managed. "Not when you're like this."

"Please." Ellie begged.

Connor sighed, lifting her so she was under the comfy blankets. Her head fell peacefully against the pillows. He knew he couldn't sleep next to her, not with whatever was going into her system.

He pulled up a chair from a corner of the room, pushing it to against the wall, so he could watch over her to make sure she was safe, but giving her space.

✩✩✩

Ellie gasped, sitting up straight. She was where she usually met Aphrodite, and she was terrified. She pulled her broken arm closer to her, scooting against the ground further away from the cottage.

There she was, planting her flowers, as always. She looked happier then usual.

When she turned, the goddess offered a smile to the girl, but it didn't look threatening or fake.

"How are you feeling, dear?" Her voice was gentle, not like Ellie was used to with the woman.

"You're not mad?"

"Why would I be mad?" Aphrodite asked, frowning. She dropped her watering can, walking towards her.

Ellie pointed to her arm in the sling. "You've been very...uh...scary. You don't know what I talking about?"

"No."

"You hurt me whenever I don't do what you want." Ellie managed, trying to get to her feet. "You made me get with Richard."

"Why would I do that?" Aphrodite cried. "You and Connor are the cutest!"

Ellie frowned. "Do you not remember it?"

Aphrodite furrowed her brows. "I suppose it's been a little blurry...oh!" She snapped her fingers. "I remember now!" She frowned. "I have no idea why I would do that. Come here."

Ellie complied, making her way to her feet and walking to the goddess. She took her broken arm, waving her palm over it. Instantly, Ellie sighed in relief, feeling the bone mend itself.

"I have no idea why I would be like that." Her face darkened. "Unless..."

Ellie bit her lip, looking at her nervously.

"No. Nothing. Forget I said anything." Aphrodite said quickly. "Anyway, when you wake up, you've got a surprise waiting for you. I guess you worked it out all on your own, huh?"

Ellie smiled softly in her sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.8K 941 26
just tratie oneshots because I am bored I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE CHARACTERS ONLY THE ONESHOTS!!!!!
2.3K 137 7
-𝐚 𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐭'𝐬 𝐠𝐮𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐧𝐭 p.j & v.h
111K 3.2K 57
Every demigod starts somewhere, everyone gets their time on the podium-be it in the god's council, or in front of the judges of the underworld. This...
54.9K 2.4K 19
✧・゚: ✧・゚: 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐁𝐘𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐇 :・゚✧:・゚✧ ✧・゚: ✧・゚: 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐎𝐋𝐘𝐌𝐏𝐈𝐀𝐍 :・゚✧:・゚✧ "𝐎𝐡 𝐦𝐲, 𝐦𝐲, 𝐦𝐲. 𝐏�...