Home is Together (A Supercorp...

By emmel23

Kara had to make a tough decision when she almost lost her best friend. In Lena's perspective, she struggles... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three

Chapter Fifteen

2.5K 95 24
By emmel23

Kara immediately pushed Lena behind her and glared at Lillian. About a dozen of the robots Lena had made for her were behind Lillian as if waiting for a command. She noticed the glowing head piece and Kara held her head up higher, hoping she seemed more intimidating than she felt.

    "Now, don't act so hostile." Lillian stepped forward and the robots followed, ignoring Kara. "Don't you have any manners, dear? Greet your mother, Lena."

    Lena's gaze never left her mother's. "If only I had a mother to teach me those manners, am I right?"

    Lillian paused from the remark and gave a small chuckle as if Lena hadn't been more wrong.

    "I think it's still a trap." Lena whispered to Kara, her shoulders tense from seeing Lillian again after everything that had happened.

    Kara nodded, her stance still strong between the two Luthors. She didn't know how Lena felt about seeing Lillian again, especially after Lex's death, but she did know that it wasn't positive in the slightest.

    "This is not a cheap trick if that's what you're thinking." Lillian tilted her head and smiled, but it didn't feel comforting at all. "I just want to talk to my daughter. I haven't seen her in a while and I missed her."

    Lena tried to keep her composure but it was ridiculous that Lillian was still trying to manipulate her. She felt disgusted that she had ever wanted to love that woman.

    "Leave her alone." Kara's jaw was clenched tightly. She was tired of the Luthors using Lena and then abandoning her when they were finished with her like she was just a toy. Lena deserved much better than Lillian.

    "You killed Lex!" Lillian shouted at her daughter, her eyes grew colder by the second. "He was your brother, Lena. He loved you."

    Lena's eyes filled with tears and she willed for them to go away. She hated looking vulnerable in front of Lillian, especially when she didn't seem to have the upper hand.

    "He was my only son and was smarter, better in every way compared to you. He did love you in his own way even if you kept denying it. I didn't take you in at the age of four, a child that wasn't even mine, for you to grow up and murder my real child. As much as you crave for love and family, you will never have that kind of comfort, Lena. It doesn't matter how much you want it. You are not my daughter. You don't deserve the Luthor name. You're a nobody." Lillian snarled with disgust.

    Lena's lips quivered, desperate to break down in tears, but she forced herself to stay strong. Lillian didn't deserve her tears.

    "You're wrong." Kara shook her head sharply, her chest heaving from anger. "The Luthor name doesn't deserve Lena."

    Kara wanted to pull Lena into a hug but she needed to focus on Lillian. The most important thing on her mind right now was to protect her from Lillian and she wouldn't be able to do that if she let her guard down, even if she really wanted to. A voice in her head told her she was being a terrible friend, but she had no choice but to postpone comforting Lena for the time-being.

    Lena was still frozen in place, her head swarmed with the words that came out of Lillian's mouth. She knew she shouldn't let them get to her but she still felt hurt and betrayed. Of course, it wasn't the first time a Luthor hurt her but she wasn't expecting Lillian to say that she would never have love in her life. To be honest, she only felt so hurt by those words because a part of her thought that was true.

    "If you're so hungry for revenge, why weren't you expecting us to attack you? You seem very confident that we won't take you into custody right here and now." J'onn asked, glaring at Lillian himself.

    As a Martian Manhunter that had found a new family on another planet, he had basically become a father figure to the Super Friends. He considered Lena to be a part of his family even though they weren't too close.

    "Yeah, why not?" Kara felt silly echoing J'onn. "We could take you down right now before you begin whatever you're planning to do."

    Lillian looked away from her daughter and planted her gaze on Kara instead. "Oh, Supergirl. You know Lena won't be able to handle my death. She had just murdered her brother. There is no way that she could survive watching me die."

    Kara was glaring at her so hard that her heat vision activated but she deactivated it immediately when she realized Lillian was right. Lena's weakness was family and she couldn't hurt her again like that.

    Lena felt a squeeze in her chest when she heard Lillian mutter about how pathetic and weak she was. Kara had absentmindedly reached back with an arm and placed it on Lena's arm. She tried to focus on Kara's touch so she wouldn't try to kill her mother. Another part of her refrained because she knew Lillian was right. She wouldn't be able to take it and she hated that fact.

    Kara turned her attention away from Lillian for the first time to look at Lena and her expression instantly softened.

    "We'll retreat for now." Kara told her and J'onn, her eyes never leaving Lena's.

    Lillian smiled, satisfied. Kara tried to pull Lena away but she stood still for another few seconds, staring at her mother.

    "I'm glad that I never loved you, Lillian." Lena said flatly. "Even if I wanted to, I'm glad I didn't."

    Lillian's smile didn't waver. "I'm warning you, Lena. You're much weaker than you think. Your friends ruin you."

    "I'm only so strong because of my friends." Lena said to her, turning her back on her mother before letting Kara pull her along.

    Team B was shocked to learn that they hadn't been led into a trap. They were even more surprised when Kara said she decided to not fight Lillian.

    "Okay, screw Lillian." Nia announced. "I say we get wasted and forget about her."

    There was scattered laughter throughout the group but it was unenthusiastic.

    "Is that a good idea?" Brainy asked, still confused about how sarcasm worked.

    "Not really." Kara laughed. "But we do all deserve a night off."

    "Hell yeah!" Maggie bounced on the balls of her feet from excitement.

    Alex pecked her girlfriend on the cheek. "We haven't had a night out in a long time."

    The group of seven took their time to get to their usual bar back in National City. There was a silent agreement that it would've taken them ten minutes if they still had a DEO building in the city.

    When they finally arrived, Maggie dragged Alex straight to the bar counter. They hadn't had a date night in months, and Maggie wanted to get drunk as fast as possible even though Alex said she'd pass on the alcohol for tonight.

    "Come on, Danvers." Maggie pleaded. "Loosen up a smidge."

    Alex smiled but still shook her head. "Not tonight, babe. Seeing you almost black out is enough fun."

    The rest of the gang headed for their usual table and watched as Maggie dragged Alex all over the place.

    "I'm glad they have each other." Kara nudged Lena.

    She nodded. "They're cute."

    "We're going to... just get away from this table for a bit." Nia made up a weak excuse, pulling J'onn and Brainy with her.

    "That was weird." Lena murmured, looking down at her lap.

    Kara's heart felt full when she looked at her and she smiled. It was calming to be with Lena again after all they had to go through the past few weeks. It hadn't been easy for them both.

    "Come on, let's get a drink at the counter." Kara grabbed Lena's hand so she had no choice but to follow.

    "Aren't you immune to alcohol?" Lena asked. She looked down at their feet and realized that their footsteps were in sync. She almost didn't hear Kara's response.

    "Well, yeah. But you're not and you need to destress." Kara glanced back at her and attempted a wink.

    Suddenly, a table flew through the air and Kara immediately grabbed Lena and spun to get her out of the way. She looked around the room to try to see who threw the table but it was too crowded. It wasn't too unusual that random objects would fly through this bar since there were fights often but Kara was annoyed that it nearly hit Lena.

    Lena cleared her throat and Kara turned to look at her. They both blushed a dark shade of red when they realized they were pressed against each other. Kara had her hands placed around Lena's waist and when she had spun, she threw them against a wall. Lena was sandwiched between it and Kara but she didn't try to move away.

    "Um, sorry." Kara whispered an apology but she didn't move away either.

    A soft sound escaped Lena's lips but Kara couldn't make out what she said.

    "It's okay." Lena repeated, clearing her throat.

    "Hey, guys." Nia bounced towards them and froze. "Oh, um."

    Kara quickly pulled away from Lena and they both stood awkwardly, waiting for Nia to finish what she was saying.

    "Um," Nia continued. "Apparently there's this new nightclub that opened across the street. Brainy and I wanted to go check it out so I could teach him some modern-day stuff. You guys wanna come?"

    Lena looked at Kara and wanted to say no but Kara was looking at her with excitement flashing across her eyes.

    "New club." Kara raised her eyebrows, hoping her giddy expression was enough to convince Lena to join her.

    "I don't know... Not really my scene." Lena already made up her mind to follow her but she found it entertaining when Kara would try her hardest to persuade her.

    "It'll be fun! There's dancing... I know you don't love to dance, but it'd be fun!" Kara pleaded.

    Lena sighed a little too dramatically. "Guess I don't have a choice."

    Kara's face lit up and Nia winked at her.

    "Well, you guys can go first. It's open to everyone. I just need to find Brainy." Nia told them.

    Lena and Kara exchanged a glance, knowing Nia had a crush on Brainy and vice versa. They waved to Maggie, Alex, and J'onn on the way out while giggling to each other.

    "I can't believe they're not together yet." Kara laughed out loud.

    "I know right? It's so obvious! It's incredible that they don't realize each other's feelings." Lena added, stepping into the club.

    "We never got that drink." Kara suggested.

    "You owe me one." Lena gestured towards the bar counter and Kara frowned when she saw how many people were gathered around it.

    "Well, the dance floor is sort of open..." Kara trailed off, tilting her head at Lena.

    "You know I don't dance." Lena smiled shyly. "And it'd be weird to do it sober."

    Kara pouted but held up a finger, telling Lena to wait. The whoosh from Kara's super speed messed up Lena's hair and Kara was back before she could even fix it. Kara held up two drinks and smiled, satisfied with herself. Lena looked around, worried that someone might've seen her, but everyone was either too wasted or too distracted.

    "I got my secret alien alcohol drink and I got you... whatever this is." Kara handed one of the glasses to her.

    Lena took a sniff and brought the glass up to her lips. "Scotch."

    Kara felt relieved that she actually got her one of her favorites and took a few sips from her own glass.

    "Ready for the dance floor now?" Kara teased.

    Lena glanced over her shoulder at the center of the club. It was more crowded now but she was slightly buzzed. She hoped it was enough for her to not feel embarrassed.

    Kara noticed her small nod and took Lena's glass. She pulled her to the very middle of the floor after putting the alcohol down on a random table. Kara's alien drink was a little stronger than Lena's scotch but she was barely drunk. The little buzz she felt was more comforting than anything.

    Without warning, Kara pulled Lena closer to her and wrapped her arms around her waist. Lena was taken by surprise but she smiled and wrapped her arms around Kara's neck. They started swaying slowly to the music even though it was a fast song. They didn't seem to notice anything else except each other.

    "I'm glad we got a night off." Kara whispered, pushing her body closer towards Lena's.

    Lena let Kara guide them. She stayed quiet for a minute, taking in the moment.

    "Me too." Lena said softly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 3.2K 39
Never before she felt like this, felt safe in someone's arms. She didn't understand what these feelings meant for her. What it meant for them. Lena...
122K 3.3K 40
After the big reveal, Lena just wanted to never see Kara again. So, she just left National City, without telling a word to Kara or all the other Supe...
29.3K 623 18
Supercorp Oneshots Note:This story may contains angst,fluff,and smut part Guide for reading: ❤ if angst part 💛 if smut part 💚 if fluff part And it...
24.4K 704 25
I do not own the characters but I do own the story, I do not own any art in the story This story is about Supercorp with some other ships that I love...