After the Villainess Failed t...

By butterfly_effect

'In every story, there is a villain who has been defeated. What happens to the defeated villain?' After Lore... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Epilogue
Tales of the Gods
Author's Note

Chapter 22

3.9K 278 76
By butterfly_effect

I was still shocked with his reply when someone barged in. 

"Lucian! Lucian! I'm looking for you!" A sweet voice called from the top of the stairs. She had a voice as melodic as a lark. She descended the stairs in a ruby red dress made of the softest silk, her golden blond curls bounced behind her. At last she stared at us with her large violet eyes and asked, "We have guests?" 

"Rachelle, my love!" the eyes of the god of light lit up at the entrance of Rachelle. He walked over and placed his hand around her waist. Rachelle responded by looking lovingly at him.

I covered my eyes with my hand, I wanna puke. It's been more than three thousands years and they still acted like this. 

"Oh! You're the gentleman who visited us quite a few years ago!" Rachelle gasped. "Please don't anger Lucian this time. Lucian refused to do that thing you suggested. You should not force people to do something they don't like!"

Ah, here it came! Rachelle's genius logic! I glanced at the god of order's face. Not an ounce of annoyance appeared on his face. He simply ignored Rachelle. 

"Lucian, you must be tired standing here! Let's go to the study first!" Rachelle suggested as she tugged the god of light, Lucian, in a certain direction. 

"Of course, my love," Lucian smiled dotingly at her. Ever since Rachelle came into the scene, the god of light had not once looked at us again. 

"Do you want tea?" Rachelle asked me. "You looked really familiar. Have we met somewhere?" 

So this Rachelle had lost all memories of our past? I guessed together with the memories of her stabbing her beloved Lucian too. If she had remembered, I was pretty sure they wouldn't just live happily ever after like this, Rachelle would surely utter something like she didn't deserve the god of light and ran away. It's just her personality to do something like that. 

What would happen if I unleashed her hidden memories? It must be fun. I was entertaining the idea when the god of order suddenly grabbed my hand. He looked at me with warnings in his eyes. As expected, the god of order could guess my devious thoughts. The smile on my face widen as I mouthed 'See if you can stop me'. That's when I realized the mute spell had been lifted. He never punished me for long. 

His hold over my hand increased. "As I said, you cannot revive a mortal," the god of order repeated the same line for who knew how many times. 

"But you said you would do the same!" the god of light cried as if betrayed. 

"You cannot revive a mortal." This time he put the emphasis on the word 'mortal'. 

Ah, right I was not a mortal. So just like a god, technically I could be revived. I bet the god of order wanted to revive me just so he could continue punishing me. 

"It's been like what? Nearly five hundred years since the incident! And you complain now?" 

"You cannot revive a mortal," the god of order repeated again. "For the past five hundred years, she's just a ghost. A ghost inside a mannequin. But a ghost nonetheless. It's not my responsibility supervising the business of a ghost. It's the goddess of death's responsibility. But now things change. Don't you agree?" The gray eyes of the god of order pierced at the god of light in front of him. Amid the grays, flecks of silver shimmered. 

"So that's why..." Lucian trailed off. 

So that's why the god of order didn't intervene earlier. But why now? 

"I just want to fulfill the wish of Rachelle! Rachelle means everything to me! I don't want her to suffer!" 

"Lucian!" Rachelle cried, her huge violet eyes grew misty. "We didn't do anything wrong! We just want to fulfill our wish!" 

"That's right we just want to fulfill our wish! There's nothing wrong with that!" Lucian cried as he circled his arm around Rachelle and pulled her closer. "I'll do anything to fulfill our wish!"

Just what's this powerful wish? I eyed the two of them in curiosity. 

"I just want to have my own child! Is that wrong?" cried Rachelle, tears were brimming at her eyes. 

Well... what a let down. I should have guessed. I silently rolled my eyes. 

"You cannot occupy other people's body in the hope of reviving Rachelle," the god of order said coldly. 

"We gave up on that!" the god of light said scornfully. "None of them are as pretty as my Rachelle. It's not Rachelle without her violet eyes and golden blond hair. It's not Rachelle without her delicate features."

So you're basically admitting that you like her face more than her soul. 

I was just borrowing the girl's body when I was attempting to escape, I never planned to use it forever. I could live on in my soul form, if not for the spells on me, just much less powerful. More or less like a ghost with some power. That's why the gods feared us so much, we're in a sense more similar to the gods than the mortals. 

But from the look of the god of light and Rachelle, they planned to occupy the body forever?

"Or creating a mortal body out of thin air. The pact of gods has already stated that no gods or goddesses can attempt such thing," continued the god of order in a cold voice. 

"But... but it's my dear wish!" Rachelle burst into tears. "Lucian!" She buried her face in Lucian's embrace. 

"You upset Rachelle," Lucian looked at the god of order with reprehension. 

After a while the sobbing gradually died down, then Rachelle grabbed my hands all of a sudden and cried, "I envy you so much. You're alive. You have a bright future. You can do anything you want. Unlike me." She sobbed. "I wish I were you." 

Alive? Bright future? Do anything I want? What a joke. She had a doting husband, she lived in an extravagant house, she could no doubt go out whenever she wanted. She was like a normal living mortal. The only thing she had to sacrifice was that she could not have her own child. 

What about me? I was imprisoned. I was stripped of my voice, my power. I was the one without a future.

I laughed.

"You envy me, my dear Rachelle?" My fingers lifted her teary face up. I brushed away her tears gently. "Do you want my life?" I stared into her eyes. She nodded as if in a trance. 

The god of order covered my eyes with his hand immediately. But it's too late. I laughed manically as blood dripped down my mouth. 

"What did you do?" cried Lucian as he shook Rachelle who had been sitting there like a statue, her eyes blank. 

Lucian threw a spell at me, but the god of order deflected it with his own. 

"Nothing," I giggled with my blood stained mouth. "Just showing her the long forgotten past." My smile widened at his confused look. "Do you want to know the past too?"

"Your love is fake," I leaned forward and whispered like a secret. "It's all because of my hypnosis." 

"What are you talking about?" cried Lucian. I removed the blanket covering my tail and showed him my tail. His face turned ashen, as he realized who I was. He looked at me as if I was a monster. Maybe I was. 

 "You're lying! You're liar!" He wanted to attack me, but was stopped by the ward the god of order had around us. 

I laughed happily and maniacally. I turned to find the god of order looking at me with a frown. "Thank me! Your problem is solved," I giggled. 

"I told you not to use your power," he reprimanded me. 

"Do I ever listen to you?" I poked at him with my finger as I smiled sweetly. "This is the happiest I had been for three thousand years." 

"Is it worth it, Lorelei?" he sighed. 

That's the last thing I heard before I lost conscious. 

--------------

Author's note

Is it worth it? 

Lorelei: Hello? Of course???

Come and support me over Webnovel 'Second Female Leads' Playbook'!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

161K 6.4K 18
I suddenly became the villainess, but it is already the end scene? - She doesn't even realize where she is or who she is. She undergoes the torture...
557 34 29
A few weeks ago, Luke and Heidi made up and got back together. You'd probably know they would, like, doesn't that happen in every breakup story? If w...
1.5M 65.3K 34
The villainess who has reborn five times just wants to rest in peace. I am Odette, I was once an heiress who had it all, be it money, status or fian...
33.8K 2.6K 18
~The Little Mermaid Retold~ Ares has always hated the sea: a problem given that he lives beneath its waves. While his family are content to rule the...