Murder For One, Make It For T...

By Spottedfire-Windclan

It's the late 1920s, and Twenty-two year old Anthony Giovanni is once again sent off to take care of a guy fo... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 10

647 23 35
By Spottedfire-Windclan

The sun was rising in the sky as Anthony walks down the sidewalk, cigarette in his mouth. He was dressed in a white dress shirt with black slacks, he left his hat and coat behind since he has no business today.

Anthony tosses his cigarette down and stomps it out and looks at the street signs. He wasn't too far from the radio station now, it wouldn't be long till he sees Anton ether.

As he looks to cross the street, he feels a tap on his shoulder. Looking back, he sees Joey, dressed in a dress shirt and vest.

"Anthony, it's been awhile, Hadrian keeping you busy?" he asked.

"Hey Joey, ya, you know how Pa can be, what's up?" asked Anthony.

"Got some people I'm meeting, saw you and thought if you weren't busy, we could do lunch." said Joey.

Anthony bites his lip a bit, he has lunch plans with Anton, he couldn't miss that.

"Well, I'm having lunch with my sister today, what about dinner instead?" asked Anthony.

"That works, that girl my father wants me to marry is cooking and I would rather live than end my career tonight." said Joey.

The two laugh and cross the street together, talking happily to the other.

"What about you, any young 'ladies' in your life yet?" asked Joey, fishing out a cigarette.

"Nope, no one has caught my eye yet, who knows when I'll find someone." said Anthony, laughing nervously.

This is why he likes that Joey knows he's gay and okay with it, besides his sister it's nice to talk to someone about it. He really wishes gay relationships were acceptable but sadly it wasn't.

If it was legal, he'd happily marry Anton.

A faint pink dusts his cheeks as his mind takes him to the brunette, living in his house with him, doing more crime sprees and hanging out with Harold and Natalie.

He likes the ideas very much.

He now knows easily, Anton is it for him, no one else made him this excited or happy.

"Perhaps one day, wish I could marry my own love, but nope, dad has to pick and he picks the one women in the whole city who can't cook, hell I saw her set a pot of water on fire once." complained Joey.

"Seriously, how do you set water on fire?" asked Anthony.

"Don't know, but she figured it out." said Joey.

They both fall silent before bursting out laughing. Anthony wipes his eyes to look at his friend, who was staring him.

Joey had this weird look but it was gone quickly, maybe he imagined.

"Anyway, this is my exit, see you tonight, where we meeting?" asked Joey.

"How about the place on Second St.?" asked Anthony.

"Sounds good, see you around, Tony." said Joey.

He walks off and the white haired man scowls.

"It's Anthony, you piece of shit!" he yelled.

Joey just flips him off, getting a laugh from the mobster. Another reason why he was his best friend, he could take his shit and throw it back.

Sighing, Anthony continues on towards the radio station to soon see the building. It was small but a very popular place.

Looking to see no one, the white haired man slips to the alley and finds the back door. He just reaches it when the door opens, revealing Anton.

"Damn, how'd you know I got here?" he asked.

"I saw you from the window and my show hasn't started yet so I had time to run down." said the radio host.

Smiling, Anthony walks through the door, having it shut behind him.

Taking his hand, Anton leads him through the hall and up the stairs. No one was around so they weren't noticed which was good.

Anton would most likely lose his job if he was found bringing in strangers.

Anthony feels his cheeks become hot as he looks at their joined hands, he seems to be more comfortable with touch, that's good.

They soon reach a room with the blinds pulled and they enter. The room was a good size with a desk that housed a pair of headphones and a mic with some switches.

Anthony looks to the other end of the room to see boxes of records and a few posters of the other radio shows. He smiles as he sees Anton's picture with his show info up.

"Nice, you must have a blast in here everyday." said Anthony.

"Of course, television will never take away the entertainment of the radio, honestly I'm surprised those clunky things work." said Anton.

"Well, progress, am I right?" asked Anthony.

Anton hums as he takes a seat, putting his headphones on to hit a button on the mic.

"Hello my loyal listeners, greetings from Anton Cormier, you favorite radio host this side of Manhattan, I have some lovely little stories for today, but first, let's start the show off with Louis Armstrong, West End Blues." said Anton.

He flips a few switches and the jazz song starts playing. He takes his headphones off to look at Anthony, who was going through the records.

Unknown to him but the shadows were warping, shaping into a creature with blue eyes and a blue open mouth. It seemed to sniff at him but Anton glared at it, shooing it away with his hand. The shadow sulks before fading away in time for Anthony to turn around.

"You got a lot of sweet records, even Spencer Williams." said Anthony.

"This station always collects a lot of records, if you find a song you fancy, I could play it." said Anton.

"Oh, so I'm going to be your assistant today?" asked Anthony with a hand to his chest and a teasing smile on his face.

The brunette laughs lightly to smile happily at the other.

"If you wish, I do have a few news bulletins I need to look through." said Anton.

He nods to a pile of papers and this gets a laugh from the white haired man.

"Sure thing, you want all the ones you find entertaining, right?" asked Anthony.

"And a few of the boring ones, have to leave something for the others, I know you'll find me some good ones." said Anton.

Anthony nods and sits at the desk, taking a look at all the papers.

As he works, Anton couldn't help but watch him. He loves having Anthony so close, if he wasn't so tightly wound into his family's business, he'd have the man move into his house immediately.

'If only things weren't so complicated.' thought Anton.

Hm, perhaps one day, when he and Anthony settled down further into their relationship, they could leave New York, run from the mafia and live down in New Orleans. The city was always full of culture and entertainment, plus other radio stations.

Plus Anthony would have a chance to follow his own passions and they could kill off the people down there.

Anton admits he misses the bayou very much, the privacy of it and especially the energy he could harness there.

He remembers how he thought to stay and do his radio show there, but then he got a callback from New York to work there. He had thought to dismiss it, wanting to stay but his mother had insisted he follow his dreams.

He smiles as he thinks of his mother, a pure, kind soul who loved and cherished the brunette to her very last days. But there's more to his mother than most knew, for she was also a woman who dabbled in the ancient art of Voodoo, something she taught to him as a child.

Only, unlike his mother, the dark magic of Voodoo called to him far more than the lighter side. He can still preform the shadow magic, he just hasn't needed to in a long time, but when the shadows make an appearance, he knows they hunger for some souls.

But they won't have Anthony, the white haired man belongs to him.

Anthony suddenly appears before him, bringing the host back to reality.

"Found a few good ones you'll like, plus the song is about to end." said Anthony.

"Thank you, darling, I must admit I got a tad bit lost in my head." he chuckled.

The mobster just smiles before heading over to the records to find another song to play. The headphones go back on and once the song ends, he switches back to the mic.

"You can never go wrong with jazz, Louis Armstrong is quite the lad, ain't he ladies?" chuckled Anton.

He picks up a paper to smile at it.

"Now for a bit of news, seems a drunken disorderly accounted on the docks of the Warehouse District, Andrew Pierce, a worker for the docks, was found completely intoxicated and stripped of all his clothing. Gave the police quite the chase and flashed the poor ladies of the streets. But the chase came to a sudden end when the drunken man tripped and fell into the water. He was fished out but found dead, drowned in the unforgiving chill of the Manhattan River. Well that's just tragic, and now let's move on to some more music!" cheered Anton.

He looks to his Anthony as he hands over a record to point to a number. Anton puts it on to switch the mic back off, smiling as he sets the machine up to play a few advertisements.

"That gave you a laugh, darling?" asked Anton.

"Ya, drunken idiots run from the cops only to meet death head on, seemed like something you could laugh about." chuckled Anthony.

The brunette smiles as Anthony pulls a chair up to sit across from him.

"Anyway, where did you pick for us to have lunch after?" asked Anthony.

"I was thinking of Angie's again, that good with you?" asked Anton.

The white haired man nods happily as the radio host looks through more of the papers.

"Hm, so after we can retire to my home and I'm sure Natalie would be happy to prepare dinner for you, she adored the lasagna you made." said Anton.

"I can visit but I can't stay for dinner, I made plans with my pal Joey for dinner." said Anthony.

Anton looks up to hum, smile now tighter.

"Oh yes, the friend you mentioned before." he said.

"Ya, we ran into each other and he wanted to have lunch, but I lied and told him I was having lunch with my sister so instead we planned for dinner." said Anthony.

"I see, he's your best friend but has no idea you're seeing anyone." said Anton.

"I can't take the risk, he is my best friend, but he's one of my father's advisor's as well, Marie is the only one I trust with our relationship." said Anthony.

This brings Anton lifting his head up a bit in shock.

"Someone knows about us and may I guess they know who I am?" asked Anton.

"Calm down, Marie is my sister, my twin, I trust her completely and she would never do anything to hurt me, she's great at keeping secrets, besides, I bet you told Harold about us before I met him." said Anthony.

"Well he's been by my side since I was a child, I know he can be trusted, especially with my little 'activities'." said Anton.

"Well so can Marie, trust me Smiles, she can be trusted, she's no stool pigeon, she can be trusted like Harold, again, she's my twin." said Anthony.

Anton lets out a breathe, he still wasn't sure about anyone knowing his nightly activities, but if his love was sure, he could look past it.

"Perhaps I can meet this lovely sister of yours, after all, since we are together, I should get to meet her." said Anton.

"Sure, she's swamped at work at the moment but I can see about her next day off, the three of us can do lunch." said Anthony happily.

"Perfect, I look forward to meeting you're twin." said Anton.

The couple then spend the next fifteen minutes happily talking when the last ad starts coming to an end. Anton quickly delivers the next set of news before playing another song.

"Wow, almost missed that." said Anthony.

"Yes, the time tends to fly when one has fun." agreed Anton.

The white haired man chuckles lightly when a hand comes into view.

"Would you like a dance?" asked Anton.

Smiling big, Anthony accepts the hand to be pulled from his chair and swung around the room.

Just like that night at the jazz club, their movements matched as they swayed to the song. Anthony gets dipped to wrap a leg around one of Anton's.

As he gets pulled up, he uses his hooked leg to spin himself and Anton into another set of steps. The two laugh at the move and move closer to the switches.

As the song ends, Anton dips the mobster who lifts a finger to start the next song.

"Hm, you could be a radio host if you wanted." said Anton, pulling his love back to him.

"Nah, it seems fun, but I'd rather be the one on stage." said Anthony.

"Oh, well I happen to have a piano in the living room, perhaps you'll allow me to hear your voice." said Anton.

"Maybe after we finish up here." winked Anthony.

The brunette laughs as he spins the white haired man to notice the shadow again.

It was watching but instead of looking menacing, it seemed to be enjoying the show. The shadow winks at Anton before vanishing, bring s a bigger smile to his face.

Seems his shadowy friends approve of Anthony, good.

Now no one can keep the white haired man from him, his shadows would make sure that the mobster stays with him.

And anyone foolish enough to try would meet a grizzly end.

NOTE: Anthony and Anton are having a blast with today's radio show it seems. And yes, he can use his shadow voodoo magic, you may not know it yet but Scarheart and I have a very important reason for it. You just won't know for a very long time lol. Until the next update, Stay tuned~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.7K 1.7K 18
Angel and Alastor, pure opposites, and yet when Angel gets hurt, a new soft side of the Radio Demon is shown. A side Angel now yearns for. THIS STOR...
651 63 8
New Orleans had been your home since you were born. But one fateful night changes everything you know about the world. Dying and going to Hell wasn't...
135K 3.4K 64
Alastor just wants to cause chaos, make deals, and live his afterlife. But when he's forced to spend time with Angeldust on a project for the Hotel...
326K 11K 108
For Fawn, life was normal. As a 21 year old college student living on her own, she's doing pretty decent with the cards she's been dealt. Who knew t...