His Hufflepuff (Draco Malfoy)

By dolphindraco

Draco Malfoy is Hogwarts' notorious bad boy. Emotionally detached, cold and arrogant, Draco has never let any... More

author disclaimer xx
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11

Chapter 7

167K 2.6K 25.7K
By dolphindraco

Draco woke up with a feeling of disgust in his heart. He had tried to forget about Rosie whilst with Pansy, but he didn't stop thinking about her the entire time. Hooking up with Pansy had always been convenient...dark dorm, late at night, if he ever just needed the sex without the intimacy of company. But this last time hadn't felt the same. He just wanted it to be over before it had even really begun. He didn't even feel sorry for Pansy, he knew she'd find another guy to leach onto...perhaps Crabbe or Goyle was more her level.

The guilt was new to him too. He felt as though he was being disloyal to Rosie, and he could almost see her brown eyes fill up with disappointment if she ever found out. Yet another reason to get rid of her quickly. Regret and guilt were two emotions he never thought he'd feel following sex. It was all Rosie's fault.

Creeping out of his bed, he pulled on his black dressing gown and his slippers and made his way out of the Slytherin common room. The castle was still asleep, and the sun was just beginning to break over the horizon. He enjoyed the calm stillness of dawn, and often walked alone with nothing but his thoughts to accompany him. Draco headed for the astronomy tower, his favourite place to go when he couldn't sleep. He enjoyed looking down at the valleys below, the small trees that resembled tiny figurines and the lake that glowed like a pool of molten gold. As the sun rose, light fragmented through the mountains and the lake glimmered, ripples reflecting like thousands of sparkling diamonds.

Draco watched patiently as the scenery before him came to life, as the emerging sun floated upwards slowly. This was his favourite part of the day. It always proved to him that no matter how dark things seemed, they would always get better. He had been waiting for his dawn his whole life, but he knew someday it would come. And it would feel just like this.

His face was relaxed, hands loosely clutching the railing of the tower as he leaned over, a cold breeze caressing his face. This was another part of him he kept hidden, his sensitivity and as he soaked in the beauty of the nature, he had never felt more himself. Up there, Draco didn't have to play a part, he didn't have to protect himself. He was just present.

Draco thought about his mother. She would like it up here. He wished she was with him, so she could just hold him like when he was smaller, but he knew those days were way past him. He needed to be the adult now. The Death Eaters were his future...his legacy, and he couldn't let his family down. Gone were the days where he had a choice. Now, it was join or die. Or his family would be shamed by Voldemort and left with nothing. His mother was counting on him. His father expected nothing less.

His mind shifted to Rosie. Poor little Hufflepuff girl. All he wanted was her but he knew she'd just be temporary...soon he'd no longer be at this school and she'd have to be left behind, just like everything else. If only she knew.

The sun had fully risen now, and Draco reluctantly made his way down the spiral staircase. Down, and back to reality.

The corridors were bustling with students going to and from classes when Draco returned. He pushed his way through the loud crowds, curling his lip with irritation. It was a drastic contrast to how empty and quiet the halls were at night, and he wished it could be like that all the time. Just him and Rosie. Alone.

He caught sight of her sitting on a bench in the courtyard with some Hufflepuff friends, and jealousy prickled him. Why was it she was always laughing with them and never with him? A boy put his hand on her shoulder as he listened intently to what she was saying. Did she not realise that those boys were all over her? They were all fake, all of them, Draco decided. Surely none of them had pure intentions when it came to her.

His hands curled into fists as he watched her. He despised that the sight of her with anyone else made him sick with jealousy.

Rosie had slept badly that night, images of Cedric's concerned face were etched into her mind. And images of Draco's demanding, sensual eyes were too. She was excited however, finally deciding that she was going to ask Draco on a date. Ballsy move, considering his 'no dating' reputation, but she felt as though they needed more of a connection for their future actions to be justified. She wanted more from him.

After her first lesson, she and some Hufflepuff friends hung out on their usual bench during their free period.

'He is so romantic, you guys!' Bella exclaimed, beginning to tell her latest story about Neville. 'So basically, we were sitting out in the grounds on the grass just talking...and then he transfigured a twig into a rose for me!'

Rosie watched with a smile on her face as her friend chattered animatedly about her new relationship with Neville. They were honestly the perfect couple. Both ditsy, budding herbologists, fiercely loyal...Rosie tried to think of similarities she had with Draco and wasn't surprised to find absolutely none.

'Tell us more!' Another hufflepuff friend called Iris butted in excitedly.

'Well...we're going to Hogsmeade tomorrow and I want to...you know...kiss him!' Bella said shyly, blushing at all the eyes on her as she continued. 'I mean, he told me he's never kissed anyone before so I want to make it extra special for him.'

Unperceived by the group, Rosie blushed too. She felt so embarrassed that her friend was so wholesome, whereas she was hanging around in the hallways at night with a certain Slytherin boy. Of course, Bella had known about Rosie's previous endeavours with other boys, and had subtly left their shared dorm on occasions so that Rosie could...get on with it. But this was a different story. She wouldn't understand.

As Bella continued on with her stories, Rosie started chatting to Will and Lewis, two Hufflepuffs that was was good friends with.

'Don't look now, Rosie, but I think Malfoy is watching you.' Lewis muttered, and Will whipped his head around, chucking as he made eye contact with the blonde.

'God, he looks pissed what's got his knickers in a twist?' Will laughed.

Rosie slowly looked round, locking eyes with Draco's dark ones from across the courtyard.

'I said don't look! Merlins beard, we've made it so obvious! Guys, he terrifies me.' Lewis whimpered. 'Oh Godric he's coming over that's it, i'm leaving.' And with that, Lewis scampered away like a scared little bird. Will and Rosie laughed.

Her smile faded, however, as she realised Draco really was coming over to her group of friends. They all stopped talking at once and watched him apprehensively. Will looked at Rosie curiously, as if he was watching a show.

'Williams.' Draco said, standing above her, ignoring the others.

'Malfoy.' She replied, getting up from the bench and turning to give her friends and apologetic look. They all stared back questioningly and she just shrugged back in mock confusion. She vowed she would tell them all later, even if she would die of embarrassment- she hated lying to them.

They walked in silence until they were out of sight from her friends. The corridors were still overflowing with students so they struggled to hear eachother.

'Why did you come over, Draco?'

Draco thought about how Pansy tried to call him that last night. About how it felt wrong coming out of her mouth. Usually, he made sure people addressed him as Malfoy, it was less personal, but with Rosie, he liked the way her rosebud lips formed his name in her soft voice.

'We have potions next. I wanted to walk you.' He spoke slowly, choosing his words carefully as to not give too much away. The real reason was that he couldn't bear to see her with those stupid Hufflepuff boys for any longer, but he would rather die than tell her that. He tried to sound nonchalant as she cocked her head to the side, giving him a warm, amused smile.

'We don't have potions for another 30 minutes.' He could hear the smile in her voice. They continued to walk, neither of them making eye contact. Silently, they mutually agreed to sit down on some grass, where the first year flying lessons took place usually.

'Well, we wouldn't want you to be late again, now would we?' He teased, raising an eyebrow at her as he remembered her former dramatic entrance. She went bright red and giggled.

'Stop, that was so embarrassing.' She laughed, covering her face with her hands. He liked the way she laughed so easily at things, the way her mind was so carefree and full of energy. It made him feel warm inside hearing her laugh because of him.

'I'd have to sit through another torturous detention with you.'

Her laughing stopped and she narrowed her eyes at him suspiciously, delight twinkling in them as she analysed him.

'Are you saying that you purposefully got that detention yesterday.' 

It was his turn to go red. She was a smart one. He hadn't wanted her to ever find out about that. Of course he had talked back to Snape with the intention of joining her in detention. As soon as she walked in late through the doors and as soon as Snape punished her, that was Draco's plan. He had wanted to be alone with her again.

'I...I may have.'

'Well how about that.' She grinned, moving closer towards him and poking his chest. 'Draco Malfoy is speechless...that's a first.'

'I know you appreciated the company... especially afterwards.' Draco smirked at her, deciding to entertain his previous embarrassment.

'Oh really?' Rosie teased, leaning in. 'And what makes you think that?'

Draco was about to lean in and kiss her when he heart his name being called behind him.

'Malfoy!'

He turned around, a scowl on his face as he glared at the stupid person who had interrupted them. Blaise sauntered over, sniggering.

'Oi Oi, caught yourself a little Hufflepuff, have you Malfoy?' He mocked, crouching down so he was level with them and inspected Rosie closer.

'Piss off Zabini, don't you have some hole to crawl into?' Draco snapped, pushing him and causing him to fall over. Blaise laughed.

'She's a pretty one...mind if I have a turn when you're done?' Blaise stroked her cheek with a finger. Rosie jerked backwards, eyes filling with uncertainty and indignation as she glared back at the other Slytherin boy. Her eyes flicked to Draco, who put a protective arm in front of her.

'Don't you dare touch her.' Draco snarled.

'Man, Malfoy I was kidding. I don't want your sloppy seconds.' Blaise backed up, putting his arms up in humorous defence.

'That hasn't stopped you before. Tell me...how is Pansy? I heard you two are an item these days.'

Blaise's eyes hardened. 'Don't you dare talk about Pansy. I'll kill you if you do so much as come near her.'

'Bit late, mate.' Draco had forgotten Rosie was sat right next to him. 'Maybe you should keep an eye on your girlfriend and where she...wanders off to at night.'

'Draco, what do you mean?' Rosie's voice cut him out of his argument with Blaise. Her voice had a low edge to it, as if she was trying to be calm and not jump to conclusions. Draco tore his eyes off Blaise and turned to her, opening his mouth to begin an explanation, when he felt a fist collide with his face. Blaise stood above him, fist raised, going in for a second hit.

'Stop!' Rosie cried, grabbing Draco out of the way. Blaise's lunch landed on her cheek.

She could feel the area throb painfully. Both Blaise and Draco were dead still. Dead silent. She could feel tears start to prickle in her eyes from the pain, but she blinked them away. There was no way she'd allow these boys to see her cry. Especially Draco.

'What the hell is wrong with you!' Draco shouted at her, grabbing her face gently and tracing the mark that was going to leave a bruise with his hand. 'Why would you do that you idiot?!'

'You two are the idiots! You're supposed to be friends! I don't care that I got punched, but you two need to realise that how you behave is just pointless and immature.' She shouted back at the both of them.

'You.' She turned to Draco pointing her finger at him, her voice getting deathly quiet. 'When did it happen?'

He didn't answer.

'When, Draco?' Her voice got louder as she repeated herself, and Blaise watched, mouth wide open.

'Last night.'

His response was like a punch to the gut. So straight after her he went and hooked up with another girl? A girl with a boyfriend, no less. Rosie knew she and Draco were nothing, they weren't in a relationship and she didn't own him, but his true character was tragically revealed to her with just those two words.

She felt used. She had thought...or at least hoped, that they could have been something great. Now, she couldn't even look at him. She had been warned. Now she knew.

'Congratulations, Draco. Are you proud?' She couldn't help but give a biting reply before she got up to leave. She vowed this would be the last time she would speak with him.

'You know what, Rosie?' Draco stood up. He hated feeling belittled by her. He hated feeling as though he owed anything to anyone. 'You're pretty mouthy for a pathetic Hufflepuff.'

'Oh yeah, real original. Try using a different line, Draco, it might be more effective than recycling the same old Hufflepuff insults.' She retorted, and his eyes narrowed as he grabbed her robes.

'What did you expect? Yes, we fucked ,but you mean absolutely nothing to me.' He hissed. 'We aren't some fantasy Romeo and Juliet shit. I don't care about you. I don't care about anyone, okay?'

Blaise backed away slowly, breaking into a sprint once he got a far enough distance from them. He knew this was none of his business. Around, students were beginning to stare but Rosie and Draco didn't care.

'I don't believe you.' Rosie said slowly, searching his eyes. 'I didn't believe any of that.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

432K 10.8K 27
"If she went, that was it. Everyone would know." Promiscuous, irreverent, but quick witted; Draco Malfoy seems to glide through life unbothered, yet...
1K 45 38
Draco x OC πŸ”ž18+πŸ”ž Cassandra Welsh and Draco Malfoy had been at each others throats since infancy, despite their parents being close friends. She hat...
151K 4K 26
"Κœα΄‡'ꜱ Ι΄α΄α΄›ΚœΙͺΙ΄Ι’ Κ™α΄œα΄› α΄›Κ€α΄α΄œΚ™ΚŸα΄‡." "α΄›Κ€α΄α΄œΚ™ΚŸα΄‡, Κα΄‡κœ±." κœ±Κœα΄‡ ɴᴏᴅᴅᴇᴅ. "Κ™α΄œα΄› ɴᴏᴛ Ι΄α΄α΄›ΚœΙͺΙ΄Ι’, ɴᴏᴛ Ι΄α΄α΄›ΚœΙͺΙ΄Ι’." .・。.γƒ»γ‚œβœ­γƒ».γƒ»βœ«γƒ»γ‚œγƒ»γ€‚. What Draco Malfoy loathed more than Huffl...
6.1K 133 20
warnings⚠️ -smut -y/n l/n -your the bad girl -hooks up with nearly every guy in the year -6th year(18 yrs) -swearing - Draco x reader ranks #84 nas...