Star Wars: Downfall

By The_Guy_With_Variety

This is my take on what should've happened with Ahsoka Tano and Anakin Skywalker. The story is a technical re... More

Star Wars: Downfall Part 1
Star Wars: Downfall Part 2
Star Wars: Downfall Part 4
Star Wars: Downfall Part 5
Star Wars: Downfall Part 6
Star Wars: Downfall Part 7
Star Wars: Downfall Epilogue
Star Wars: Downfall Alternate Ending 1
Star Wars: Downfall Alternate Ending 2
Extra Something
After Credit

Star Wars: Downfall Part 3

5.6K 97 81
By The_Guy_With_Variety

FLASHBACK; Anakin POV:

I turned back around after walking out, I was curious. I hurried back in his office and he was just about to sit down, "How?"

He looked up at me, "I beg your pardon?"

"How do you know? About the legend? About how to help me?" I asked confused.

"Well," his eyes flickered yellow and red, "my mentor taught me the ways of the force. That of both the light, and the dark."

END OF FLASHBACK; 3rd Person POV:

Anakin sat up and looked over at Ahsoka. He tentatively reached out his cybernetic arm to touch her back with his finger tips, but stopped and pulled away. He sensed her anger and sadness and started to cry. Swinging his legs off of the bed, he pulled the sheets off of him and grabbed his robe.

Anakin went over to the window in their chambers and stared out it, his hands behind his back. He closed his eyes and cleared his mind. He focused on nothing but his breathing. In and out... In and out. It was quiet, the way he liked it.

Ahsoka had gotten out of the bed and walked over behind him. She hugged him from behind, resting her head on his back. He removed his hands from behind his back and placed them on hers at his waist.

"Ani," she adjust her arms to hold him tighter, "I'm sorry. Its just... I want to help you. When you say I can't, it makes me feel like you don't trust me."

Anakin turned his head to the side of his back her's rested on, "I do trust you Snips. I just want you to be safe. If you were to get hurt, I could never forgive myself. There are things about how to save you, you might not understand. And I don't want you to."

Ahsoka felt offended, "What do you mean 'I wouldn't understand' and 'you'd don't want me to'?"

Anakin spun to face her, one hand on her lower back, the other on her middle Lek, lightly rubbing it, "If you knew... You wouldn't see me as me. This is beyond anything I have ever wanted to do. By that I mean, the lengths of what I have do. You dont- you don't KNOW. Its difficult." He looked her in the eyes for a moment before kissing her lightly on the lips.

She kissed him back but his kiss was empty. There was a void to be fill that, at the moment was only stuffed with dark nothingness. She didn't like the feeling or the thought of it,"Anakin please tell me what's wrong. I'll understand what you have to do, just tell me."

Anakin sighed and let go if her, looking back out the window, "I have to..." He paused but didn't continue.

"Anakin, don't do this, don't shut me out." She walked over to him and grabbed his arm, "Let me help you."

He looked to her, "I have to learn the ways of the dark side..."

FLASHBACK Anakin POV:

His words confused me, "You know the dark side of the force?"

He smiled, "If one is to truly understand the way things work, they need greater knowledge than that of the dogmatic views of the Jedi Anakin."

"What do you mean?" I still had no clue what he was talking about.

He began walking towards me so I stepped back. We then began to circle each other like animals about to fight over a patch of land, "I have the power to save the ones you love Anakin. Become my apprentice, and only through me, will you achieve a power greater than any Jedi."

I ignited my lightsaber, "Its you. You're the Dark Lord we've been looking for!"

He finally stopped with his back to me. I was in shock. I couldn't believe the the Republic's very own Chancellor was the Dark Lord of the Sith. How could we have been so blind? "Are you going to kill me?" He asked.

I highered my lightsaber at about his head level, but I deactivated it and fell to my knees, "No." I began to let my emotions go, "Just help me save Ahsoka. She's all that I live for." What have I done? Have I really just succumbed to the Dark Side of the Force? I had to remind myself that it was all for Ahsoka, and once I learned the power, I could turn him over to the Jedi. Right? Or I could kill him, with evidence he was the Dark Lord?

Everything was confusing but I HAD to do this. For Ahsoka. I couldn't live with myself if I didn't save her. "Good Anakin. Now my young apprentice, rise." He ordered.

"What is thy bidding my master?" I asked willing to do whatever it took to save her.

"Go to her for tonight. Speak to no one of this. Not even her." His voice was almost echoing in my ears. The tone of it was pure dark and hateful.

"Yes, My Master." I bowed to him and left. The whole way back to my chambers I was crying with confusion and hatred of myself. But I HAD to do this. This was the only way. This power would save her. I stood outside the door for a few moments calming myself and wiping away my tears. I took a few deep breaths and entered.

END FLASHBACK; Anakin POV:

Ahsoka looked terrified, as if I had just killed a youngling, "Ani... What do you mean?"

I touched her arms, "I mean, to save you, I have to learn the ways of the Sith. I have to understand both the light and the dark, only then will I be strong enough to save you Snips." She backed away from me, shaking me off.

"Ani no... No you can't." Her eyes began to fill with tears.

"Ahsoka its the only way. I won't let you be victim of my nightmares. I WILL save you." I grew upset with her.

"Who Anakin? Who told you these- lies?!" She sensed my anger and grew angry herself.

"You don't worry about that! I can save you now Snips!" I felt bad for yelling at her. "Ahsoka I can't live without you, and now that I can save you, I will NOT let that go!"

"Anakin, WHO IS IT?! You tell me or I'm leaving you!" She threatened.

"Don't say that." I looked back out the window. I sat down on the chair and put my head in my hands. "The Chancellor."

Third Person POV:

Ahsoka walked to Anakin, sitting next to him. She put her arms around him and began to rock a little. She was shocked to discover the Chancellor had been behind everything, including the war. "Who wouldn't be?" She thought to herself.

Anakin sat there, crying. He was so confused. He didn't know what to do or who to trust. Nothing made sense to him right now. Shouldn't Ahsoka be barging out of here? Shouldn't she hate him? What did she think? About him and turning to the Dark Side?

Anakin then touched his forehead to Ahsoka's, "Say something. Please tell me I'm not a monster. Please tell me that everything is ok and that you still love me."

Ahsoka POV:

I lifted Anakin's face with my finger below his chin, "Of course I still love you Ani. You're my Skyguy. And I'm your-"

He cut me off, "Snips." We smiled at each other for a moment. I knew I had to tell him. I had to tell him the truth. That I was dying. I opened my mouth to tell him but the words didn't come out. The path he started himself on would only darken if I told him, and I had to stray him away from it.

"Anakin," I said softly as I stared into his beautiful azure eyes, "I need you to believe in me ok? Just as I believed in you."

He faked a smile at me, "Of course."

I put both of my hands on his face, "Anakin, I need you to turn away from this. I went to the hospital today, to see if something from your dreams might be a reality. I'm healthy Anakin. I'm not dying. Everything is ok. I did it for you, I believed you but I needed evidence. Turns out, I'm ok."

He sat still for a minute, silent as could be. I grew worried that he might not turn away from it all. "Anakin, its ok. We can tell the council of the Chancellor, and then that's it. You'll become a Master and I no longer a Padawan. Or we could tell them about everything. We could tell them, and leave."

He was still silent, "Then there's the third option." I said. "The third option is we go with it. We go along with his plan. If you think it'll save me... We go with it and we don't look back."

He cocked his head and slowly opened his mouth, "I can't put you... In THAT kind of danger. Who knows what he'd do, to me, to you, to us. And I... NEED you. I need us." He paused, "We tell the council."

I waited for what he was going to say next but there was nothing, "And?" I asked.

"I don't know." He replied.

"Anakin, I know you want nothing more than to be a Jedi but... Isn't this a bit much? They'd find out some time."

He stood up, "I know, I know."

"Then what're we going to do?" I asked.

He looked out the window and then back to me, "We'll figure it out when it comes to that."

"Ok," I sighed giving in, "alright. As long as I'm with you Ani... I'm ok with whatever happens."

The Council Chambers, 3rd Person POV:

Anakin and Ahsoka were standing in the center of the room, trembling at what news they brought. Every Council member was there, except for Obi-Wan, and Yoda was a hologram as well as Ki Adi Mundi.

"News, have you?" Yoda's hologram asked.

Anakin looked to Ahsoka, she nudged him, "Yes Master." Anakin replied.

"Well?" Asked Master Windu in an annoyed voice.

Anakin took a breath, "I have discovered a terrible truth," He looked back at Ahsoka who simply gave a weak half smile, "Chancellor Palpatine is the Dark Lord of the Sith." He said looking back at the Council.

Yoda's face grew frightened, as did Mace's. The both looked towards each other and then to Anakin and Ahsoka in fear, "You're sure of this? How?" Windu asked.

"I told Palpatine of my nightmares. He told me a Sith legend, one of, Darth Plagueis 'The Wise' and how he could, save others from death. I asked him how..." Anakin lowered his head.

Windu stood up, clutching his fists, "What?! What do you mean?!"

Anakin looked up at him in anger, "I was trying to find out how the Chancellor knew! He told me to become his apprentice and learn the ways of the Dark Side! I reluctantly agreed so he wouldn't strike me down and come after all of you! I was trying to help you! Help all of you!" He looked towards Ahsoka and held her hand, "I wanted to protect Ahsoka from him! You think I would actually turn on all of you?! On Ahsoka?!"

"You will stay here," Master Windu pointed at Anakin, "All of the other Masters, and your Padawan, Ahsoka, will come with me to arrest the Chancellor."

"No," Anakin ran up on Mace, "I can help you!"

Master Windu put his hand firmly on Anakin's chest, "No! If what you have told me is true, you will have gained my trust. Consider this the final test for you and your Padawan." Without another word, they all walked out. Ahsoka looked back at Anakin, terrified. He mouthed the words, "I love you" with a tear in his eye. Her reply was simply a mouthed, "I know". Just like that, they were gone - she was gone. Anakin was alone in the Chambers.

Palpatine's Arrest, 3rd Person POV:

The Jedi walked quickly, in V-Formation with Mace Windu leading them and Ahsoka at the tail of the right side. She was nervous, but she assure herself that so was everyone else, that made her ease up a little. No one spoke, the only noise heard was that of their foot steps and breathing. Inside of every Jedi present, was a lump in their throats that was hard to swallow.

Mace slightly turned his head to address the others, "Stay behind me, and stay focused. I'll do the talking. May the force be with us." Mace used the force to open the door with ease. Ahsoka was the last to enter as the door shut behind her.

The Chancellor turned around in his chair to face the 11 Jedi. It was decided the while Council go to bear witness to the arrest. "Ah, Master Windu." The Chancellor said.

Mace grabbed his lightsaber and the other Jedi followed, "Chancellor Palpatine, you are under arrest for crimes against the Galactic Republic."

Palpatine cocked his head, "Are you threatening me Master Jedi?" He questioned through his teeth.

"You will be put on trial before the Senate." Windu said squinting his eyes in anger at him.

"I AM THE SENATE." Palpatine replied in his sinister voice.

Mace looked at him with great anger, "Not yet."

Palpatine stood up and gave a sadistic smile, "Its treason then." He suddenly had a lightsaber in his hand and twirled towards the Jedi, flying. He slashed down four quickly before locking in a stalemate with Kit Fisto for a split second before cutting him down. The Dark Lord then shocked two more Jedi to death in a matter of milliseconds.

Ahsoka was backing away from him as much as possible as Mace protected her. Palpatine the killed two more Jedi leaving only Mace Windu and Ahsoka to face him. Ahsoka was frightened at how quickly the others had been expended but knew she could handle this. She could handle anything, she told herself. Windu and Ahsoka began their assault on the Sith Lord, Mace utilizing form VII, Ahsoka form V.

Palpatine blocked every strike that came his way with relative ease, demoralizing Ahsoka, but Windu kept up his powerful attacks. Ahsoka became frustrated and jumped in quickly, thrashing at Palpatine furiously, and yet, he still countered them all. The Sith Lord then used force lightening on Ahsoka, throwing her into a wall.

The Same Time, Anakin POV:

I was sitting in my chair in the Council Chambers, thinking only of Ahsoka. Her safety concerned me the most. How could I have let Master Windu just take her like that? She isn't ready! I should be there, not her! I just... I just don't want her getting hurt.

Being alone with my thoughts was dangerous, and I knew this. The Chancellor's words began repeating themselves in my head, "I have the power to save the ones you love. Learn the power of the Dark Side Anakin, and save Ahsoka. For her sake, I hope you make the right choice if it comes to that." Everything became confusing at that moment. What do I do? I began to cry as I couldn't hold it in much longer. I'm lost.

If I go, I could help Ahsoka, but I lose any trust I have left from the Council and possibly be expelled from the order. If I stay, they could all die... Ahsoka could die.

No! It isn't worth it! I don't care about the Order, what I care about is Ahsoka, and I'm going to help her! I stood up from my chair and wiped the tears from my face. I quickly ran out of the Council Chambers and to the hangar that held my speeder. Hang on Ahsoka...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.6K 354 28
When a mission nearly goes tragically wrong during the last spasms of the Clone Wars, it proves a catalyst for Anakin Skywalker and his Padawan Learn...
1K 15 17
"Ahsoka Tano trembled slightly as she saw her fallen former master in front of her. Darth Vader resembled her master heavily. He had his same dark bl...
66.7K 1.8K 89
Taking on a Padawan Learner was at the very bottom of Anakin Skywalker's bucket list. No, scratch that - it had never been on there to begin with. Ye...
18.2K 268 21
What would've happened if Anakin turned to the dark side, became Darth Vader and turned his apprentice Ahsoka Tano to the dark side? What if she neve...