Test of Fate (DongFeng Fanfic...

By yunxihan_

Bai Fengjiu uses her blood to seal an evil tiger spirit, causing irreparable damage to her spirit. She finds... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Special # 1
Special # 2
Special # 3
Special # 4
Special # 5 + Thank You!
New Book!

Chapter 33

4.6K 135 45
By yunxihan_

Chapter 33

Father and Son

"Dijun, Empress says she is still putting His Highness to sleep."

Donghua nodded and gestured for Zhong Lin to leave. He put down his teacup with a frown and stared at the koi pond. If Gungun wasn't my son, I would have sent him to Kunlun Mountain a long time ago! A boy like him simply existed to take Jiu'er from me!

Fengjiu arrived and quickly sat beside Donghua, giving him a kiss on the cheek. "I'm back, what's the occasion?" Donghua glared at her making Fengjiu raise her eyebrows. What's wrong with him? "Have you forgotten that you have a husband?" Donghua muttered sulkily. Fengjiu had been busy taking care of their son these days. Donghua loved his son, but he wanted some alone time with his wife!

Fengjiu looked at his sulky face and giggled. "Donghua, are you jealous of your own son?" He looked down, before nodding. Fengjiu gave a start when she realized he was indeed sulking. She suddenly felt bad that she had been neglecting her husband these days. She wrapped her arms around his waist and leaned her head on his shoulders. "How about we go home?"

They decided to prolong their stay in Taichen Palace after Gungun's birth so that Gungun would have more people around him. The Bai family was also currently visiting to see the young fox prince. Donghua looked at her with a moping expression. She leaned closer and whispered, "Just us two."

Donghua's expression changed drastically as he looked at Fengjiu eagerly. "Really?" Fengjiu felt her heart ache when she saw his excited expression. She caressed his cheek and nodded. "Yes, but we pick Gungun up after a week."

"Two weeks."

Fengjiu pursed her lips as she looked at Donghua. He looked at her pleadingly as he pulled her closer by the waist. "I miss you..." Fengjiu's resolve wavered as she looked at Donghua. Sigh... I've been spending more time with Gungun... I didn't realize I've been neglecting Donghua this bad. Donghua smiled wickedly when Fengjiu finally nodded.

Donghua desperately wanted to ask Fengjiu for another child just so Gungun could have a playmate and leave them alone, but he was still recovering from seeing Fengjiu in so much pain during Gungun's birth. It must have been one of the worst nights of his life next to her heavenly trial. He couldn't bear to ask her for something that would cause her so much pain.

Fengjiu was clueless to his thoughts as she hugged Donghua tight.

*****

Father and son were having a stare-off as they ignored the game of chess they were supposedly playing. Gungun was only 400 years old, but he was like his father in both attitude and bearing. Gungun stared at his father's blank expression frowning. "Father where are you taking mother for two weeks?" His father had the audacity to look confused. "What do you mean?"

Gungun sighed impatiently, "I know you're taking mother away. I heard from Uncle Ah Li." Donghua narrowed his eyes. Ah Li that brat. I'll make sure he has extra scrolls to study in his next class. "I'm taking her to the Holy Blue Sea."

Gungun was surprised. He has heard of where his father was born and where their real home was, but he didn't expect him to bring his mother there without him. "Father, you don't want to take me there?" Gungun asked, hurt.

Donghua paused. He didn't expect Gungun to react this way. He thought carefully before replying, "Gungun, you are my son. I love you very much." Gungun gave a start with Donghua's words. Despite his young age, he had learned quickly that the heavens was not a good place to grow up, or so he heard from his Great Uncle Yehua. He realized that despite that, his mother and father were very loving, not only to each other, but to him as well. His mother often told him how much she loved him, and his father expressed his love through actions. It was his first time to hear his father verbalize it. Gungun knew his father loved him, but he was still shocked.

Before he could speak, Donghua was already continuing. "I just miss your mother very much. Won't you let me spend some time with her? We will come to pick you up in two weeks to go home. I promise." Gungun carefully thought about his father's words and nodded. Donghua smiled and moved his chess piece. "Your turn Gungun."

*****

Gungun had started sleeping in a separate room when he was only 200 years old. Although he was able to trick his father and sleep with his mother sometimes, he often got sent back to his room. Gungun was happily sleeping with his parents that night. His father and mother were going to leave the next day, so his father took pity on him and let him stay with them.

Gungun woke up with a start. He looked to his side and saw his father frantically wiping his mother's face. When Donghua saw Gungun was awake, he took a deep breath to calm himself despite his panic. He urged Gungun with a soft voice, "Gungun go and get your Great Uncle Zheyan." Despite his soft words, Gungun could still hear the panic in his father's voice. Gungun quickly did as his father said knowing his mother must be hurt. His father always seemed to get frightened when his mother got the slightest injury or the tiniest bit sick.

Gungun quickly ran to knock on his Great Uncle's door. Thankfully, the Bai Family were still in the heavens to visit him. Zheyan opened his door sleepily and saw the tiny Gungun with a worried expression. Zheyan guessed what was wrong after going through the same thing many times the past 5,000 years. Whenever Xiao Jiu was hurt even the slightest, Donghua would send for him right away. Zheyan never fussed knowing Donghua was probably traumatized from Xiao Jiu's heavenly trial. He quietly held Gungun's hand and made his way to the main sleeping quarters.

"Zheyan, she has a fever. It's been hours and it's not going down." Donghua said frantically as he wiped Fengjiu's forehead with a cold damp cloth. Zheyan calmly checked on Fengjiu as Gungun stood by the entrance watching the familiar scene. For as long as he could remember, his father doesn't show much emotion unless it's towards his mother or to him. Gungun wondered why his father always overreacted when his mother was hurt. His frightened father and a calm Great Uncle Zheyan were a common sight for Gungun when his mother was sick.

Zheyan left when he finally confirmed to Donghua that it was just a cold that caused a fever. Donghua finally relaxed. He gently tucked Fengjiu in before turning around to see Gungun about to leave the room. "Gungun where are you going?"

Gungun froze and met his father's gaze. "Back to my room father. I know mother is sick and you have to take care of her." His father sighed before beckoning him over. He quickly walked to his father and gave him a hug. "I promised you can stay with us tonight. I always keep my promises." Gungun smiled happily as his father tucked him to bed that night. 

Author's Note: Hello Hello everyone! How are you all? I was able to get the classes I wanted for college :D I hope you enjoyed Donghua and Gungun's interaction this chapter! I always felt like making Donghua a petty, jealous father that always sent Gungun away was a bit sad. He could be petty and jealous to male deities that looked in Fengjiu's direction, but not his son! 

I feel like it is funny for him to be jealous of his own son because that's possible... But I don't want him to be jealous to the point he'd send Gungun away or tell Gungun to stay away from his mother without explanation. Won't that traumatize Gungun and make him grow up thinking his parents don't love him? 

I agree Donghua would be jealous of his son for taking his mother's attention. Afterall, most fathers in real life are the same, and we all know Donghua is extreme when it comes to jealousy lol. But I also believe Donghua would be a good father. Although he had no parents, he's lived long enough to know how to take care of someone, he just doesn't want to until Fengjiu. Now that he has a son, I also believe that Donghua will love him a lot and be a good father. Gungun after all is a product of his love with Fengjiu!

Okay~ My rant is over lol sorry about that ;) anyways I'd like to thank you guys for another milestone!

THANK YOU FOR 10K READS!

Bruh....... 10k reads is a lot! I can't believe it guys >.< Thank you all so much for your support. I can barely believe that a fanfiction I started posting around 17 days ago rises by 1k reads every 1-2 days! It's crazy (O.o) But it's also thanks to you guys! I would also like to announce that I have officially finished writing the last two chapters! I'll be releasing one chapter each in the next two days! Thank you all sososososooso much for your votes, comments, and most specially, for reading!!!! I am working hard to think up the plot for my next fanfic so I can bring more works to you guys <3

Here is also some cute pictures of Donghua and Gungun <3

Wahhhh aren't they adorable? >.< Anyways, thanks so much for your support guys! Two chapters left! I love you all <3 Stay safe and healthy!

-Yunxi

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.9K 1.6K 35
What if Fengjiu was sent into the past and knew everything that was going to happen? What would she do differently? -You will like this series if: Yo...
40.7K 1.1K 56
How If the litle fox, Bai Feng Jiu want a room to prove her self that she capable to rule Qin que without her Husband, Dong Hua Dijun? Because love...
119K 2.4K 29
It had been 300 years since Bai Fengjiu was crown as the Queen of QingQiu. She was said to be extremely beautiful and graceful only second to her Aun...
106K 3.1K 52
What happens after Dong Hua and Xiao Bai get out from the chasm. This is a variation of the story in the 2nd book "The Pillow Book" in the Three Liv...