dislike ↠ draco malfoy

By aqua_tic15

"I strongly dislike you, Draco Malfoy." Evangeline Hastings is transferring from Beauxbatons to Hogwarts for... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
epilogue

eight

41.8K 817 1.2K
By aqua_tic15

The next day, I put on a dark green sweater, a black skirt, and tights. I did some homework and then headed down to the Three Broomsticks.

I pushed open the door and the warmth hit me in the face. It felt nice after the long walk in the cold to get here. My eyes scanned the room, but I couldn't see Cormac anywhere. I found a table and slid into the seat.

"Here by yourself, dear?" Madam Rosmerta asked me sweetly.

I looked up at her. Madam Rosmerta was just the kind of person that always made you feel warm inside. I shook my head. "My friend's meeting me."

She nodded. "What would you like?"

"Just two butterbeers please," I replied.

She smiled. "Coming right up, dear."

I sighed and glanced at my wristwatch. It was 4:15 already. Did he seriously bail on me? I fiddled with my fingers nervously. First date and I had already gotten stood up.

The bell on the door rang to indicate that it had opened, and I looked up. Unfortunately, it wasn't Cormac. It was Blaise Zabini, Theodore Nott, and Draco Malfoy. I immediately stared at the wall, hoping they wouldn't see me.

Madam Rosmerta came over and set the drinks on my table gingerly. "Your friend's still not here?"

"Nope."

She looked at me sadly and then walked off.

I raised my butterbeer to my lips and took a sip. Butterbeer had to be the best drink in existence. It tasted like heaven. Cormac's butterbeer sat lonely on the opposite end of the table.

"Here by yourself, Hastings?"

I whipped around. Blaise, Theodore, and Draco has sat at a table next to me. Draco was grinning.

"No, I'm meeting someone," I said quickly. "They're late."

"Who are you meeting? That Mudblood girl?" he asked.

"Don't call Hermione a Mudblood!" I exclaimed. "She's Muggleborn."

"It's the same thing, really," he said.

My eyebrows furrowed in anger. "It's a horrible thing to say to someone!"

"Well, I mean, it's true. She's not a real witch. She's a Mudblood," he stated.

I slapped my hand against the table. The thoughts that I had had previously of liking Draco Malfoy vanished. "Of course she's a real witch, and a much better one than you might I add."

"Wow, Hastings, I seriously thought you were better than that," he muttered. "Defending Mudbloods."

"Shut up, Malfoy," I snapped.

He shook his head. "Alright. Well, who are you meeting, anyway?"

"Cormac McLaggen," I said smugly.

He stared at me, and his lips were set into a playful smile. "Cormac McLaggen? Why are you meeting him?" he said in an amused tone.

"We're on a date," I said.

His smile faded. "A date? You're going on a date with a Gryffindor?"

"Yes, what's wrong with that?" I asked.

"A Slytherin going out with a Gryffindor?" he laughed darkly. "Things just don't work like that."

"I can do whatever I want, Malfoy," I snapped.

Before he could reply, the door swung open and Cormac McLaggen came flying in. "Sorry!" he said, sounding very out of breath. "I lost track of time!" He slammed into the seat across from me.

I narrowed my eyes at him. I was getting annoyed by now. It was almost five and he was just now arriving, an hour after when we were initially supposed to meet. "You're butterbeer's probably cold by now," I said coolly.

He gave a lopsided grin. "That's alright! I like it better cold anyway." He picked up his glass and drank some. He drank it so quickly that he spilled some on his jumper.

"Right."

"So," he said, "let's get to know each other."

"Okay," I said. "What do you like to do for fun?"

"Well, I like to play Quidditch," he answered. "I'm brilliant at it, of course. My father says so."

"I didn't know you played Quidditch," I said, raising an eyebrow. I didn't remember him being at the game when I was the commentator.

"Well, I'm not on the team," he said.

"Why not?" I asked. "Did you not get picked or something?"

He rolled his eyes. "I tried out for Keeper, but of course Potter chose Ron Weasley over me. It wasn't fair at all, I mean, Ron's his best mate!" he exclaimed. "And Weasley's terrible Keeper, don't you think?"

"He's alright," I answered quietly. I was starting to think maybe there was another reason Cormac wasn't chosen to be Keeper.

He frowned, but continued, "and I think he fancies Hermione Granger."

"What's wrong with that?" I asked.

"Nothing, she's just way too good for him. She's funny, pretty, incredibly smart..."

I fought back the urge to roll my eyes. We're on a date, and he's going to talk about how amazing Hermione is?

"Yeah, she's great..."

Cormac stared at me. "Of course, you're very beautiful, Eva."

"Thanks," I said, not genuinely.

"You and I could be very good together, you know?"

"Maybe," I muttered. I suddenly felt the urge to run away.

He was leaning over the table now. Our faces were so close they were almost touching. I felt very uncomfortable.

"So..." I began, but before I could finish, he bent forward and pushed his lips to mine. I didn't want to be mean, so I kissed back. His mouth tasted like sweat.

I could hear laughing in the background, and I pulled away quickly. Draco was laughing hysterically.

My face flushed. Cormac snapped, "Mind your own business, Malfoy."

"Did you see her face?" Draco laughed, pointing his finger at me, "She looked like she was being forced to snog a Blast-Ended Skrewt!"

"I actually enjoyed the kiss," I lied.

He looked me up and down. "Well, you have a funny way of showing it."

I stood up. "I have to go, Cormac. Lots to study," I muttered.

"What—"

I stormed out the door and into the cold, my cheeks still blushing furiously in embarrassment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

714K 22.2K 20
Enemies, Friends, Lovers Harry never knew those three words could be synonymous, but his sixth year at Hogwarts has challenged everything he has come...
11.8K 460 29
Y/N is a muggle born. All her life she had been taught normal things. But when her Hogwarts letter arrives, she can't help but be giddy with exciteme...
1.2M 30.4K 71
❝𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐠𝐨❞ Y/N Larkspur arrives at Hogwarts with a disgraceful family name to be sorted into the house her father scorns. Her world suddenly co...
19.6K 286 24
One night was all it took for Hermione's life to change. A pregnant Hermione becomes devastated after finding Ron cheating and runs to someone Unexpe...