A Change Of Heart (Rayla x Mo...

Oleh Merikio

(Y/N) is a moonshadow elf. She has been training to be an assassin a long time, and her first mission is to g... Lebih Banyak

Before you start reading
My first mission
Betrayal
This is not going as planned...
'Meeting' the dragon prince.
Siding with the enemy
Killer
All patched up.
Lodge
Drowning
Just another night
Cold bath
a walk in the town
Angry, angry monster
The birth of the Dragon Prince
Patrolling
Bad news

The encounter with the bad man

1.7K 69 30
Oleh Merikio

I woke up from a rustling sound in the bushes. I sat up straight and started searching around for anything suspicious or out of place.

Everyone else was still asleep, except for Rayla, who was nowhere to be seen. The rustling sound must-have been her. I decided to check it out anyway.

I walked towards the place where I heard the sound coming from. I was still a little bit careful because I didn't know for sure that that was Rayla. I had my grip tightened on the handles of my blades. I went through some bushes as quiet as I can untill I saw a figure through some leaves.

I pushed the leaves aside a little bit to see who it was. It was Rayla, she was kneeling down and....talking to her self? I moved a little to the side to see who or what is she talking to. As I moved more I could see that there was a little fawn in front of her "hey there, little bud" she said reaching slowly to pet his head. The fawn allowed her and leaned little bit into the touch.

Man, did they both look adorable. I was looking at them both too carefully that I didn't notice the rock beneath me as I took another step. I tripped and fell through the bushes onto the ground on my back not so far from Rayla. The fawn was so startled it ran away, and Rayla quickly shot up and aimed her blade right for my head.

"Stop! It's just me! It's just me!" I said waving my arms above me. I felt my face heat up a little from the amberassing situation.

"(Y/N)?!" She said and laid down her weapon. "What the hell?" She said and let out a little giggle.

"Uhhh...Jumpscare?" I said akwardly and Rayla just laughed.

"Sure thing" she playfully rolled her eyes and reached out her hand to help me up. "So, what were you doing in the bushes? I know you weren't there to scare me"

"I just heard a noise and, well, came to investigate, I understood that you made the noise and that everything was alright, but as I was about to go back, the rock monster got me and tripped me" I said and crossed my arms whilst smiling and looking away.

"Well, let's hope that there's no real monster out there" just as Rayla finished her sentence we heard someone coming from behind us. We both turned to look at the direction of the sound.

"Do you think the nice little fawn is back to say a proper goodbye?" I said jokingly and took out my blades and got into a defensive stance.

"Oh, let's surely hope so" Rayla said and did the same.

There was a silence for a moment. I was thinking that it might have been another false alarm. In the corner of my eye I saw that Rayla relaxed her grip on her sword and looked at me. I was still looking it the bushes where the noise came from. Suddenly there's a loud bang and I see a net going right for Rayla,  I wanted to push her away but whilst I was looking at her I didn't notice that there was another net coming for me. We were cought by the nets and we both fell down to the ground.

"Well, well, well, look what we have here" a male voice spoke, as I look up I see a pair of boots coming closer to us. I flipped on my back so I can see him fully. It was a human. "Catching a couple of elves isn't even that hard"

"Get the hell away from us!" I said and cut the net open with my blade that I still had in my hand, the other one was on the ground pretty far away from my reach. I jumped to my feet and pointed my blade at the man. In no time at all Rayla was standing next to me with both of her blades out.

"You both have quite the fight in you" he took out his grappling hook weapon thing, holding it in a throwing stance "too bad it's not gonna keep you alive for much longer" he said and launched the grappling hook in my direction.

I dodged the sharp hook by jumping on a tree. Rayla saw an opening and tried to attack the man, but he was too fast and blocked the attack, pushing Rayla away from him. He now shifted his attention to me throwing the hook in my direction. He hit the branch I was standing on, and it instantly broke from the impact. I tried to get a steady landing as I fell but all I managed to do was fall straight on my back.

He then threw the hook at Rayla, wrapping the chain around her ankle.

"Let the prisoners go in peace!" The tall man yelled as he was pulling Rayla closer with the chain.

"They are not our prisoners!" Rayla yelled and got herself free from the chain "they chose to travel with us! We are friends now!" She continued. I didn't quite agree on the word 'friends', more like 'extra baggage that we need to take with us, so we can deliver the egg', or something like that.

My back hurt like hell but I quickly got up and started running at the man.

"How can you be friends? You killed the king!" He yelled throwing the chain at her again, and this time Rayla dodges the chain easily. I swing my blade at him but he blocks it.

"We didn't kill anyone!" Rayla yelled, I winced at her words, 'we' isn't really a word I'd use. She jumped on the tree to escape the chain, I followed after her and so did the man.

"Your leader did, what's the difference?!" He yelled at us. He's really mad, huh.

We were pretty high up and there was a long way down the hill underneath us, we should really be careful about this. We all were high up in the trees not so far away from each other. I could see Rayla next to me, and the man right in front of us. "They don't even know about it do they?" A re-newed anger appeared on his face and The man threw his grappling hook towards Rayla, hooking her by the waist. As he did that I saw Raylas expression change a little bit, and understood that she had a plan of some sorts.

As the man pulled the chain towards him, Rayla jumped, literally catapulting herself towards the dude. Rayla kicked the man off the branch, but the chain pulled her down as well. I saw them both fall towards the ground.

"Rayla!" I yelled and jumped down after them. The man had let go of the other end of the chain, and started rolling down the hill. Rayla was just about to hit the ground but I managed to catch her and immediately helped her get the chains off. "God dammit, Rayla, are you alright?" I asked.

"I am, thanks to you" she said with a smirk, I just rolled my eyes with a relieved smile and placed her on the ground stepping away a little bit.

"This is not the end! I'm going to get you, elves!" The man yelled from the bottom of the hill.

"Yeah, said the man in the ditch" Rayla said with a grin and turned to me "let's go, we need to get away, quick" I just nodded and we started running towards the camp.

As we arrived both of the boys were already up.

"We need to move, now!" I said with a strict tone.

"What? Why? What's wrong?" Callum asked confused.

"There's no time, we have to leave!" Rayla said.

"Can't you just explain what's going on?!" Callum asked with a little irritation in his voice.

"We don't have to explain anything to you!" She answered coldly, to be honest I even got chills from that. "Now grab your stuff and let's go!" She said and started going forward already, Ezran quickly picked up his bag and followed, same as Callum, I followed everyone from behind.

*A smol time skip*

We have been walking for an hour or two now when we arrived at a well worn out path that went around the mountain.

"This path is too easy, we should go there" Rayla said and pointed in the direction of a path that was steeper and definitely not that easy.

"What are you talking about? This path is just the right amount of easy" Callum said.

"Rayla is right, this is a very worn out path, we are almost guaranteed to run into someone there" I said and looked at Callum "the toughest path is the best for us right now"

"This is already tough enough, do you have any idea how heavy this egg is?" Ezran cried out.

"No, no we don't" I simply answered with a 'are you serious' expression on my face.

"We would if you would trust us with the egg and allow us to help carry it" Rayla sounded annoyed.

"Well can we actually trust you? Have you been truthful about everything?" Callum asked whilst switching his glance between me and Rayla.

"Ugh, fine, keep on carrying the heavy egg" Rayla turned around whilst rolling her eyes "just stop crying about it" she said and started going on the tough path.

Callum looked at me and I just shrugged with a smirk "you heard the lady" I said and followed Rayla.

***

We have been walking for a bit now, we were quite high up in the mountain. As we were walking I could hear some stomachs growling here and there, mine included.

"Ok, I think we can stop for a quick food break now, I'm starving!" Rayla said and plopped down on a nearby rock.

Ezran fully flopped down on the ground from exhaustion with a big sigh. Callum started going through his bag.

"Oh, oh no" Callum said and looked up at us "I don't have the food"

"Are you kidding me?" I asked in a annoyed tone.

"You had one job, to carry the things we need to survive, looks like you did a great job with that" Rayla said.

"You both rushed us! You made me leave it!" Callum said defensively.

"Yeah sure, because I remember explicitly saying 'don't forget to leave the food behind!' " Rayla said rolling her eyes.

"What are we gonna do? We're out of food!" Ezran said in a panicked tone.

"I suppose I could share some moonberry juice with you. It's packed with nutrients and I still have plenty" Rayla said and took the glass bottle off her belt, just to find out that it's empty. "At least I HAD plenty. Who went through my stuff?!" Rayla glared at the boys.

"It wasn't me!" Callum brought his hands up for defense.

"It wasn't me ether" Ezran said.

Rayla glanced at me now. "Definitely wasn't me, I have my own" I said and brought out the little glass bottle I had on my belt just to find that it's also empty. "Son of a-"

"Then who was it?" Rayla started looking between everyone and suddenly we hear a hiccup. I look down and, to no one's surprise, there sat bait glowing bright red and blue.

"Wait a minute, did that little frog-" Rayla started but was interrupted by bait burping again.

"Oh, ho ho, I'm about to kick him into oblivion" I said and started making my way to bait, but Ezran got between us.

"You have no right to accuse him, he would never do that" Ezran said.

"Well, have you ever seen him glow like that?" I asked, still very annoyed by the frog.

"No, not really, he glows differently depending on his mood, like when he's angry or hungry, or hangry, but I've never really seen him glow like this" Ezran said and leaned in closer to examine bait. "It's like a red, blue berry-ish colour" he said and bait burped right in Ezran face and Ezran just looked down in defeat "yeah, he did it"

Me and Rayla let out frustrating sighs.

"I think they're hangry" Callum whispers into Ezrans ear.

"I'm absolutely hurious!" Rayla said, and I just kept glaring at bait.

"Ugh, let's just keep going, the faster we're done with this, the better." I said and turned to leave, after a second I heard others following me.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

V●ᴥ●V

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

29.3K 404 20
[COMPLETED!!] ❝Ezran you also have you bethored coming tomorrow.❞ ❝I'm sorry, my what?!❞ Ezran asked as Rayla and Callum started laughing. •~•~•~•~• ...
2.3K 100 27
Just a bunch of Soren and Enya drabbles for me to write and post until season 6 of TDP actually gets here. Mostly au stuff, what-ifs and funny little...
57.7K 1.4K 45
The world was once peace between two races but war destroyed it and to make worst, humans wielded dark magic destroyed the dragon egg without mercy...
27.9K 366 45
Team Zym defeats Claudia and Aaravos. They go back to Katolis and continue on with their lives. But what will happen to Callum and Rayla? Will they g...