venus.

By minitrippie

venus /vee-nuhs/ ; the planet of partnership, love, and beauty. More

epigraph + playlist.
one.
two.
three.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
please read!
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty one.
twenty two
twenty three.
twenty four.
twenty five.
twenty six.
take me where your heart is.

four.

7.5K 460 118
By minitrippie

;

i staggered down the stairs, my heavy back pack weighing on my shoulders, and walked into the kitchen. i saw my mom putting eggo's in the oven, making out only two on the baking sheet i assumed she was making them for herself.

i sat my bag in a chair from the dining table and went to one of the cabinets, grabbing the five-pound box of oatmeal. i had begged my mom to get it a couple weeks ago at the grocery store; she gave in with little persuasion being that she loved oatmeal as much as i did.

"you must've woke up late?" i looked over at my mom as she looked me up and down, analyzing my outfit. i shook my head and chuckled.

"no, i just like comfy clothes." i replied. i had on an oversized beige crewneck and some baggy sweatpants that covered the top half of my air force ones. several layered necklaces scattered my chest and my glasses kept falling to the tip of my nose.

most people who wear contacts don't like wearing their glasses, but i put mine on from time to time cause i think they frame my face well.

my mom only nodded and went back to typing on her phone.

i scooped out some oatmeal and poured it into the bowl i grabbed before. i added some almond milk, brown sugar, and put it in the microwave for thirty second intervals until the consistency was to my liking.

my dad was already off to work by this time so it was just me and mom.

i grabbed a knife and some strawberries from the fridge to chop them up on top of my oatmeal. once i placed them in their usual pattern i grabbed a spoon and began eating. i took my time since school didn't start till eight thirty and it was only seven fourty-five.

"your grandma, grandpa, and some cousins are coming over on thursday night, just to give you a heads up." my mom stated while still looking down at her phone.

i looked up confusion, "b-but me and sam were supposed to be working over here again on thursday, i meant to ask you about that... what time are they coming?"

my mom had smirked at the mention of sam.

"around five i think, but it could be later."

"that's what time she was supposed to be over though..." and i let my head fall to the side with a frown.

"well if y'all actually wanna get something done, i don't recommend working here." she said and i sighed lowly because she was right.

my family could be a very loud bunch when they got together, especially my grandpa, who couldn't talk in an inside voice to save his life. that not including my nosey cousins who never stayed out of my room.

we wouldn't get anything done.

i didn't wanna inconvenience sam because there seemed to be a reason why she wanted to work here, but unfortunately i have to.

i finished up my oatmeal in thought and sat the bowl in the sink. the stove clock read 7:56 so i grabbed my book bag from the dining chair and walked over to my mom to tell her goodbye.

"bye mama, i'll let you know what we decide to do for tomorrow," and i kissed her on the cheek.

she nodded at me and gave a small smile, "alright that's fine baby, have a good day at school, i love you."

"i love you too." i walked out of the kitchen and to the front door to exit.

the cool, foggy air hit me dead in the face as soon as the door opened up and i breathed in softly, closing it behind me. i stepped off the cement patio and went over to my car, a 2015 toyota camry that i held dear. my parents had brought it for me at the beginning of last semester, before then i never knew how good it felt to drive your own car.

it wasn't anything new or fancy but it got me where i was going with no problem, so i loved it.

i sat my bag in the passenger seat and checked it, making sure i had everything before leaving the house. i could be forgetful a lot of the time and i wasn't interested in making a trip back home.

after double checking my bag i crunk my car up and connected my phone to the aux. i waited a minute for the warm air to ventilate before pulling out of the driveway and off to my school.

;

i walked into first period, looking around the room to see my history teacher wasn't there. about a third of the class wasn't here either so i figured i made good use of time this morning.

i got settled at my desk and went on my phone, waiting for the rest of my class and teacher to come in but for some reason they never did,

not that i was complaining.

sooner or later the bell had rung and an unfamiliar woman walked in and sat at mr. horn's desk. she was dressed formally and wore a calm expression on her face.

"good morning everyone, my name is ms. delilah and i will be your sub for today-"

that's why half of the class wasn't here.

"mr. horn had something come up unexpectedly so here i am. he informed me that y'all had an assignment due tomorrow and that's what you should be working on. if you already did it then you can take a nap or something... as long as y'all are quiet i don't mind." she stated politely and i mentally grinned because she seemed like a nice substitute.

i had finished the assignment she was talking about just last night so i quietly grabbed my earbuds from my bag and pulled out my writing journal.

i wrote short stories and prompts from time to time when i was in the mood for it. that's what i intended to do for the rest of class until i felt my phone vibrate on my desk. i unlocked it with my face id and absentmindedly smiled when i saw that sam had texted me.

sam🤎
you in horn right now?

yes ma'am

sam🤎
i heard y'all got a sub, that's true?

yea it is, why?

sam🤎
cuz i wanna come get you, we ain't doin shit in gym anyway

where we finna go?

sam🤎
nowhere in particular, wherever you want

my eyebrows lifted in surprise and i paused before replying. it's not like i would be missing anything if i left, all my work is already done. but at the same time i didn't wanna lie to the sub... maybe she'll let me leave if i just ask.

i'll see if i can get out of here, come wait for me by the door

sam🤎
bet

i looked up cautiously, observing the quiet atmosphere of the room. ms. delilah was on the computer at mr. horn's desk, probably online window shopping like most subs did.

i saw movement in my peripheral and looked over at the door, spotting sam's face in the little window. she grinned at me and waved her hand hurriedly, gesturing for me to come out. i held my finger up discretely, trying not to catch anyone's attention, but failed. when ms. delilah glanced up at me i quickly put my finger down and avoided her gaze.

she mouthed a 'come here' to me and made the same gesture with her hands, but for some reason she didn't look upset. i got up slowly and walked to the desk, nervously standing beside it.

"was that your friend at the window?" she whispered quietly. i knew i was caught at this point so i answered truthfully.

"yes..." i admitted.

"did you finish the assignment due?"

"yes ma'am."

ms. delilah only grinned and shook her head, "go ahead... just be back before this period is over and don't get caught. if you do i never knew anything about it, alright?"

i looked at her in shock and spoke softly, "you're serious, i can go?"

"yes i'm serious, i figure kids will be kids..." she trailed off and glanced over at the window behind me with a smirk, "she's waiting for you."

i peered behind my shoulder and got a glance at sam's face once again and mentally smiled. i turned around, thanked ms. delilah quietly and left with no hesitation.

when i came out sam was leaning against the wall on the opposite side of the hallway. she looked up when she heard the door closed and grinned.

"hey..."

;

i'm kinda not feeling this chapter but i feel like it's only because i'm hella exhausted right now.

i start school again tomorrow (online corona tingz😔) so wish me luck.

don't forget to vote and comment, i love you🤎.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61K 1.6K 20
two girls finally confess their love to each other, but soon realize being in love isn't as easy as it looks.
146K 2.5K 18
Lauren Jaugerui Imagines Hope you enjoy! Completed.