Once Upon a Prince

By Kendallmariie

A Cinderella tale with a modern twist. Raylynn wants to be loved but also wants to get away from her father... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six

Chapter Two

4.4K 179 12
By Kendallmariie

Christian

Thank God I found someone to help me. I need this to be perfect so I can get my parents to change their minds about marrying me off.

Beside me, I hear Raylynn's stomach growl.

I looked down at her, "Are you hungry?"

I could see a blush form under her light brown skin as she shook her head no.

Why lie about being hungry? I thought to myself. "Well I am and since I'm the one keeping you from the dinner you cooked, I'll buy you dinner instead.

Raylynn looked at me amused. The cutest smile graced her lips. "You don't have to." She whispered.

"I want to, it's not often I get to enjoy dinner with a beautiful woman who knows how to cook and isn't my mother." I nudged her.

The smile on her lips widened. "Thank you."

I took her hand and led her out of the store.

"What about the ingredients?"

"We'll come back tomorrow and get them."

"We will?" She sounded confused.

"You agreed to help me so I'm holding you to it." I smiled down at her. My 6'2 height making her short 5'1 height noticeable.

"Where are we going?"

"St. Victoria's." I answered. "Ever heard of it?"

Her jaw was slack. "Of course, St. Victoria's is a must whether you live here or come to visit."

"So you've been?" I asked excitedly.

Raylynn looked away from me as a blush creeped up her skin. "N-no. I've never had the chance."

I tug on her hand, pulling her to me until we were skin to skin. "Then you're in for a treat." I placed Raylynn in my car and drove to St. Victoria's. "We'll eat, I'll take you to your car, you'll give me your number, and we'll meet up again so you can teach me how to make lasagna." I told her as I held open the door for her.

"Thank you and okay."

As soon as we stepped in, I was greeted kindly by my Grandma. "Christian, my baby, how are you?!"

I returned her tight hug with one of my own. "I'm great, Grandma. My friend and I are hungry so we decided to stop by so you could feed us." Then, in a mock whisper, I added, "Can you believe she's never been here before?"

"You brought a girl, to my restaurant, to eat, you did?!" The pitch of her voice rising dramatically.

"Her restaurant." Raylynn muttered, astonished.

"Grandma it's not-"

"George, take them to the best table, give them the best wine and the best of whatever they want. What's the special today?"

"Four cheese stuffed ravioli ma'am."

"My dear, the four cheese stuffed ravioli is to die for." Grandma said to Raylynn as she dragged her along, following George.

"Mio dios." I sighed in defeat, following behind as well.

As we sat at our table, Grandma left and came back with some of the best wine our vineyard produces.

"Oh no, I'm only 20 years old, not old enough to drink yet." Raylynn kindly declined.

"Oh nonsense, we're celebrating, my baby brought a woman to meet his Grandma, that never happens. Ah, let me go get my camera, Christian's mother will never believe it otherwise."

"Wait, I think you have the wrong idea about me and-" Grandma was already too gone to hear her.

"Don't worry about it, I'll try to straighten her out at a later date." I reassured her.

Grandma came back with her cellphone. "Look at the camera and smile!" She took a dozen pictures. "How do I turn the flash on George, Christian, stand next to your girl, yes that's it, now wrap your arm around her. Perfect!" Grandma found the flash and took a dozen more pictures. "Oh, in all my excitement, I forgot to ask your name, my dear."

"Ra-Raylynn, ma'am. Raylynn Johnson."

"Oh ma'am, spam ma. Call me Grandma." She hugged Raylynn. "Now sit and enjoy your stuffed ravioli, come back and see me before you leave.

Raylynn and I waved good bye to Grandma before she turned to me, her stare ablaze. "Your Grandma owns St. Victoria and you didn't tell me?"

I rolled my eyes heaven-wards, please don't be a gold-digger, please don't be a gold-digger. I thought.

Raylynn continued, "She thinks we're dating, she expects to see me again." She looked down at her clothes. "Your Grandma just saw me, thinks I'm your girlfriend, and I look like a drowned rat. Great. Fantastic." She laid her head down on the table.

I scooted my chair closer to hers and wrapped my arm around her shoulders. "Its ok, or at least it will be. Grandma doesn't care what you look like because she knows you're a good person just like I do."

She looked up from the table and then I noticed how close our faces were.

"Besides,", I pushed on, "you're officially my friend, that means Grandma will see you again."

Raylynn looked into my eyes, her face melting at my words. "You know, you're only one of two people to ever consider me their friend.

"Really, how come?"

"I-I-I don't have a lot of freedom and I dress like I'm homeless, who would want to be friends with me?" She shrugged.

Her phones been going off since we left the store so I was skeptical that she had no friends but it could be her family so I ignored that. I placed my hand over the hand she had on the table. "I want to be your friend." Then I whispered as I leaned in closer to her lips, "Maybe more."

Behind us, just before our lips met, a flash went off. I turned and saw Grandma. "This one is definitely being sent to your mother. Your father and brothers too." She said and walked off.

Raylynn blushed but giggled in amusement. I just shook my head. What else would I expect from my Grandma.

The waiter came shortly with our food. At the end of the meal, after eating too large German chocolate cake slices, Raylynn rubbed her belly. "This was enough to keep me fed for two weeks."

"I hope not, my dear. I want you and Christian to come over to my house next Thursday at 6pm so I can feed you and enjoy your company."

I watched Raylynn as she grew emotional. "That's a great idea, Grandma. We'll see you then."

When Grandma walked away, Raylynn turned to face me and hissed, "Why did you tell her I would come?"

I shrugged. "Did you want to disappoint my Grandma? Look at her." I pointed to where my Grandma stood, arguing with the head pastry chef. Before she could smack him upside the head, I grabbed Raylynn's chin and turned her head to face me. "She looks so frail, this is sure to brighten her up."

"Is she sick?" Raylynn whispered.

I leaned in closer to her ear. "No, and I want to keep it that way."

Raylynn sat back in her seat, from her expression, I'd say she was thinking of a way to keep our promise to Grandma.

"Will it really be that hard to get out of your house and meet me?"

"Maybe, but I'll do it. I promise."

I nodded. "Come on, let's get you back to your car so you can get home."

We got in my car and went back to Cubs, on the ride over, we made small talk. "Are you an only child?" I asked.

"Nope. How many siblings do you have?" She replied.

"Two. How many siblings do you have?"

"Step-siblings and I have two as well. Brothers or one brother, one sister?"

"Two brothers, you?"

"Two step-sisters. Ages?" She asked.

"I'm the middle child at 22 years old, my older brother is 25 years old and my younger brother is 11 years old." I answered. "You?"

"I'm the youngest at 20 years, my step-sisters are fraternal twins and they're 23 years old."

"I remember when I was the youngest, those were the days." I reminisced.

"I remember when I was an only child, if only I could go back to that." She muttered.

Parking beside her car, I asked one last question. "Does your family treat you bad?"

Instead of answering, she smiled and said, "I had fun, thank you so much for dinner."

As she turned to get out, I grabbed her arm, my previous question was burning on my tongue but I refused to scare her away. "Give me your phone so I can save my number."

She handed me her phone and after adding my number, I called my phone so I could have her number as well. I handed her back her phone and kissed her cheek. "I had a good time too, I'm hoping to have many more as well." I whispered in her ear. I could feel her shiver as my lips my contact with skin.

"I-I have to go." She got out the car and slammed the door. "Next Thursday at 6pm, I'll pick you up."

"I'll drive myself."

"You don't know the address."

"You'll text me the address."

"I won't because you're gonna text me your address."

Raylynn huffed and got into her car, buckled up, started it, and sped out the parking lot.

I laughed. What an interesting creature.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.3K 1K 68
Oneshots (that are not in order) inspired by my Fanfiction work but with original characters. A lawyer who's married to a 'Don' and their new foster...
Koruna By Rygles

General Fiction

12.9K 1.6K 101
An Orphan has had to survive through petty crime and her wit to survive on the streets all her life, fortunately or unfortunately, it turns out she's...
123K 6.8K 22
One lucky girl is going to become royalty. She's prepared to fight the competition for her prince's heart, if only she could stay out of trouble lon...
22.5K 1K 22
Christian Lacey is freshly dumped and trying to figure out her life and the new life she'll be growing for the next 40 weeks. She finds love with ano...