VULNERABLE | thomas shelby

By leeshelby

Because every girl needs their own prince charming, but some girls need their own birmingham gangster. •BOOK... More

•prologue•
✞ O N E ✞
✞ T W O ✞
✞ T H R E E ✞
✞ F O U R ✞
✞ F I V E ✞
✞ S I X ✞
✞ S E V E N ✞
✞ E I G H T ✞
✞ N I N E ✞
✞ T E N ✞
✞ E L E V E N ✞
✞ T W E L V E ✞
✞ T H I R T E E N ✞
✞ F O U R T E E N ✞
✞ F I F T E E N ✞
✞ S I X T E E N ✞
✞ S E V E N T E E N ✞
✞ E I G H T E E N ✞
✞ N I N E T E E N ✞
✞ T W E N T Y ✞
✞T W E N T Y-O N E ✞
✞T W E N T Y- T W O ✞
✞T W E N T Y- T H R E E ✞
INTERMISSION
☆T W E N T Y - F O U R☆
☆T W E N T Y-FIVE ☆
☆T W E N T Y-S I X ☆
☆T W E N T Y-S E V E N ☆
☆T W E N T Y-E I G H T☆
☆ T W E N T Y-N I N E ☆
☆T H I R T Y ☆
☆T H I R T Y-O N E ☆
☆T H I R T Y-T W O☆
☆T H I R T Y-T H R E E ☆
☆T H I R T Y-F O U R ☆
☆T H I R T Y-F I V E☆
☆T H I R T Y-S I X☆
☆T H I R T Y-S E V E N☆
☆T H I R T Y-E I G H T ☆
☆T H I R T Y-N I N E☆
☆ F O U R T Y ☆
☆ F O U R T Y-ON E ☆
☆F O U R T Y-T W O☆
☆ F O U R T Y-T H R E E ☆
☆F O U R T Y-F O U R ☆
☆F O U R T Y- S I X ☆
☆ F O U R T Y-S E V E N ☆
e p o l o g u e
BOOK TWO

☆F O U R T Y-F I V E ☆

19.7K 502 265
By leeshelby

CHAPTER FOURTY FIVE; TOMMY'S TREASON

BETH WAS FAR FROM, surprised when Tommy left her with John and Arthur who had led her into the Derby with proud heads held high. Beth held John's hand tightly as she glanced around at the fancy men who watched her with hungry eyes as she smoked a cigarette. John squeezed Beth's hand realising she was tensing up at the unfamiliar stares that were shot her way. "You want to go somewhere after this? We can watch the races for a while before everything kicks off. Just me n' you." John asked, watching as Beth turned her attention back to him.

"Yeah, that'd be nice. Thanks John." Beth grinned, stepping alongside him in line. Arthur turned around chuckling dryly. "I'll come too, eh? That okay with you Betty?" Beth smiled shoving Arthur playfully. "Of course old man, I missed my big bear while he was away in prison." She teased, glancing over her shoulder as she watched Tommy strut by not sparing her a glance. Beth tugged on John's hand slightly and he turned his attention back to Beth.

"Eh John, is it just me or is Tom acting weird with me?" Beth asked, eyeing the posh people around her. John stepped up pulling Beth beside him. "Ten pound on Beth's beauty." John demanded. The office slid a sheet on the desk smacking it with a stamp and John took it and began to walk out of the tent, pulling Beth beside him. "Tommy's always weird Beth, nothing new there." John taunted. Arthur came up on her other side, linking his arm with hers.

"Let's go watch the races for a few minutes, eh?" Arthur asked, pulling Beth towards the railings. Beth had been to the races before, nothing as fancy as the Derby but her father took her once when she was young and had left her and Calvin to wander around the races while he fucked some random woman, and cheated on Beth's mother who was at home more than likely waiting patiently for her husband who she loved more than the moon.

Beth watched as the horses raced past and she let out a loud laugh, causing the attention of some of the posh women around her who shot her dirty looks but John and Arthur both laughed at her excitement. Beth grabbed John's arm to steady herself and smiled wildly trying to see over the fence, rocking on her heels. "Well it seems like Beth wants to stay longer then." Arthur cheered, watching as Beth tried to see up over the fence. He grabbed her waist and hoisted her up and Beth let out a loud snort of laughter.

Beth's laughter died down hearing a woman's comment on how unladylike she was but when she peered over her shoulder to see who made the snide comment but instead Beth saw Tommy leading Grace down the steps looking around cautiously. Beth tapped Arthur's shoulder who didn't realise what she was getting at, and instead hoisted her higher but Beth panicked. John looked up not hearing Beth's laugh and instantly furrowed his eyebrows watching Beth's face contort in panic. "Put her down Arthur she looks like she's about to be sick."

Arthur slowly placed Beth to her feet and without thinking twice she pushed through the crowd of people stood at the fence and made a beeline to where Tommy and Grace stood. Beth crouched down slightly peering over a large plant and began to listen as Tommy and Grace spoke. "Whatever it is Grace, it'll have to wait." Tommy instructed. "I can't wait. It wasn't me that was at fault." Grace paused for a moment and Beth edged closer in confusion. "I'm pregnant."

Beth's stomach twisted and she felt sick, her eyes watered and her body began to shake but she refused to say anything. "The baby is yours." Beth stood up, her legs feeling like jelly and Tommy hadn't yet noticed her. "But he'll believe. Make your husband believe it is his. I'm with Beth, Grace." Tommy said in disbelief. "Is that what you want me to do?" Grace asked. "Grace I seriously have things to do." Beth being sick of hearing the conversation let out a manic laugh, Tommy's eyes widened and Grace coward down behind Tommy in fear.

Feeling the tears brim in her eyes, Beth couldn't help but scoff as she shook her head in disgust. "You fucking pig." She spoke, voice steady, she turned pointing her finger at Grace and refrained from throwing herself at the blonde who was now impregnated by her fiancée. "And God help you Grace that I have more morals than to touch a pregnant woman but if you even try come near me after you've have that baby, I will kill you and the fucking demon inside you. And you Thomas Shelby are fucking dead to me!"

Feeling the hot tear that slid down her face, she took off Tommys mothers wedding ring and threw it to the ground without thought. Tommy made a step forward but Beth turned around before he could come near her and made a dash, pushing her way past all the posh women and police soldiers. Tears clouded her vision and Beth reached up to pull at her eyes an angry whimper leaving her lips when she collided with a body. Hands roughly grabbed her shoulders shaking her but all Beth could hear was a sharp ringing sound and when she looked up at Johns face she broke down, completely collapsing against his chest.

"Pregnant." Beth cried, her hands fisting into John's suit jacket. John's hands rubbed up her back as he looked down at her in confusion. "You're pregnant?" John asked softly, Beth's tears turning to sobs. "I thought you wanted a kid Beth, what's the matter? Did Tom say something?" John tensed, holding her close to his chest. Huffing in a few breaths of air, Beth swallowed thickly, struggling to get the words to leave her mouth. "Grace is pregnant." It was once they'd left her mouth that her body began to tremble, the realisation dawning on her that this way the end.

John's mouth fell open and he looked around the race course but it was no use with all the people around, Tommy and Grace were out of sight. Beth when gathered enough, pulled away from his hold so they could be face to face, her shaking hands coming to hold his face in a delicate manner. "You need to take down Sabani. Ignore Me." She demanded, nodding to John who's eyebrows furrowed. "Like fuck would I ignore you!" He yelled out, shaking his head. "No. No way." Beth took her hands down, fishing for a cigarette in her handbag, trying to ignore the tears that fell.

"You need to stop pretending that you're okay when you're not." John spoke, this time being the one to take her face in his hands. "I love you so bloody much. None of this matters to me if you're not okay, you hear me? None of it." His words were soft as she forced a grin to her face, the sob threatening to fall at any moment from her mouth, her knees ready to buckle into his arms. "I love you more than anything my dear. I'll be okay. I just need to get away from all this." Leaning forward she placed her lips to his cheek in a kiss before pulling away entirely and taking a few steps back. "Deal with business. We can talk properly soon but the races isn't the place."

John had opened his mouth to respond, his hand resting on his hat as he huffed in stress. She was gone before he could say another word, her blonde hair weaving through the crowds. Beth had successfully made it outside the gates and into a quiet alley way behind the opening gates when she keeled over, her hand clutched over her mouth as she withheld the loud cries that threatened to echo through the alley.

"Mrs Shelby, are you alright ma'am?" Turning her back to the blinder, Beth wiped her eyes quickly, attempting to compose herself before turning around, eyebrows raised. "Do you've a car? I need out of here."

Maybe Alfie Solomon's was right.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.5K 2.1K 19
What would happen if Polly's daughter had survived rather than her son? What would happen if Michael wasn't a Shelby but instead fell for one? - Mich...
232K 5.1K 40
❆ ❆ ❆ 𝕀 𝔽𝔼𝔼𝕃 𝕄𝕆ℝ𝔼 𝔽ℝ𝔼𝔼 𝕋ℍ𝔸ℕ 𝕀 ℍ𝔸𝕍𝔼 𝕀ℕ 𝕐𝔼𝔸ℝ𝕊 𝕊𝕀𝕏 𝔽𝔼𝔼𝕋 𝕀ℕ 𝕋ℍ𝔼 𝔾ℝ𝕆𝕌ℕ𝔻 ❆ ❆ ❆ "𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕝𝕖𝕗𝕥 𝕗𝕠𝕣 �...
124K 2.6K 78
📖| FOUND 👥| Florence/Micheal Gray, Shelby Family 💌| Isiah Jesus ✍️| gracessecretshelby disclaimer: I do not any characters within this book apart...
2.2K 120 7
𝙋𝙡𝙖𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝘿𝙚𝙫𝙞𝙡𝙨 𝙂𝙖𝙢𝙚.... In which Thomas Shelby finds himself beaten by Billy Kimber & forced into hiding, where he comes acro...