The Honest Liar

By lylah_paige

He just stood there. Looking at me. The way I had reacted had put him in a state of shock. "I... I um," Every... More

Chapter 1 Glad to be a brunette
Chapter 2 At least it wasn't a sword
Chapter 3 No selfies allowed
Chapter 4 How to be a princess
Chapter 5 Just keep smiling
Authors notes
Chapter 6 More blood
Chapter 7 That bubbly feeling
Chapter 8 Don't kiss me
Chapter 9 I'll have some nuggets
Chapter 10 You and I
Chapter 11 How can i live?
Author's Notes
Chapter 12 Running from pain
Chapter 13 What's love?
Chapter 14 Unbreakable
Chapter 15 My big fat mouth
Chapter 16 Once upon a time
Chapter 17 Untamable feelings
Chapter 18 Sexy but confused
Chapter 19 Silence is deadly
Chapter 20 Other side of the school
Chapter 21 The Question
Chapter 22 Switching sides
Chapter 23 At 7:00pm
Author's Notes
Chapter 24 Goodnight means goodnight
Chapter 25 When the friend zone gets broken
Chapter 26 I'm not wearing wings
Author's Notes
Chapter 27 The old lady with cats
Author's VERY IMPORTANT Note
Chapter 28 Deal
Chapter 29 History
Chapter 30 The unlucky table
Chapter 32 About three months
Chapter 33 Together
Chapter 34 I love you
Author's Notes
Chapter 35 I'm not a lesbian
Chapter 36 Her
Chapter 37 Apart of me
Author's Notes
Chapter 38 I'm sorry I broke your pen
Chapter 39 The honest liar
Chapter 40 My life in black and white

Chapter 31 Two weeks

482 13 3
By lylah_paige

James' POV:

"But she hasn't been here in two weeks." I told Maya at the lunch table. About two weeks after I threw Dylan on the table, Elizabeth stopped coming to school, talking to me, and I didn't see her anywhere around town.

"I can't tell you what's going on James. I'm sorry, I really am. But something like this should come from Lizzie, not me" Maya tried to reason with me.

"No, I'm done with waiting for her to come back to school. She hasn't been answering my texts, calls, or video chats. But for some weird reason, she'll talk to you instead of me!" I snapped back at Maya.

"Look dude, please don't yell at my girl." Cameron protectively stated.

"Sorry man I'm just fed up with her behavior. I want to know what the hell is going on and why she's ignoring me." I was to mad to eat my lunch, so Justin started picking at my plate of spaghetti. "Just take it Justin." I not-so-gracefully said.

"She always disappears for a while around her birthday. It's completely normal." Maya tried to reason with me some more, but with every excuse she made, I just shot it down.

"Tell her I'm coming over to her house after school today and I want an explanation."

"You shouldn't force her to tell you. This is really big and she should get to choose wether to tell you or not."

"Maya," I more calmly said. "I'm going to see Elizabeth if its the last thing I do."

I then got out of my seat and walked away. But I could still hear Justin's loud voice. "Man, he's pissed."

The next few of my hours didn't fly by. In fact, they felt like they were longer then usual and they had especially been dragged out this afternoon. But finally the school bell rang and I flew out of Ms. Jackson's class and in a matter of seconds, I was in my car and busy driving down to Elizabeth's house. Thirty minutes later, I pulled into her cement driveway and slammed my cars door shut. I then impatiently and quite forcefully knocked on Elizabeth's front door.

"Oh, hello James." Mrs. Smith answered the door.

"Is Elizabeth home?" I politely asked her.

"I don't know if she's in the mood for talking. This time of the year is especially hard for her."

"Please ma'm. I need to talk to her." I insisted.

"Alright then. She's upstairs, in her room." I then quickly ran up the steps that led to her room and I was questioning if I should go in or not. But then I gathered up all of my courage and knocked lightly in the door.

"It's open." I heard her soft voice echo in my ears, for it had been so long since I had seen her or let alone heard her sweet voice.

I then pushed open her bedroom door and stepped into her chamber. She was sitting on her window seat, just staring out of her french style windows. Elizabeth had her legs pulled up to her chin, and she was resting her head on her knees. Her hair was pulled back into a sloppy ponytail but a few of her locks escaped and curled around her face, which framed it beautifully. Even in sweats, an old hoody, and her hair up in a messy tie, Elizabeth still found a way to look sexy.

"Hey." Was all I managed to say. On the way over to her house, I had a while and I had a speech planned out about communication and how it hurt me that she was totally ignoring me in every way possible, but now; seeing her like this, it hurt me. And I wasn't able to choke out my infuriating speech I had prepared.

"Hey." I remained where I was and same with Elizabeth. We didn't dare move, not even a finger.

"Are you ok?" I asked after a few more moments of silence. "I've been worried sick about you." I said as I took a few steps towards her.

"I'm fine." She lied to me as she go up from where she was once seated. "It's just," Elizabeth started out saying. "three days ago it was my birthday." She then walked over and sat on her bed.

"Oh, Elizabeth!" I wailed. "I'm so sorry I didn't get you anything. I had no idea!" I ran my fingers through my hair and secretly cursed at myself inside of my head for forgetting such an important day for my girlfriend. "Why didn't you tell me?" I asked her as I sat down beside her on her bed.

"I don't tell people it's my birthday because I want to forget it." She plainly replied.

"Why wouldn't you want to celebrate your birthday?" I was so confused. What's not to love about your birthday? You get gifts and free cake and people have to be nice to you!

"It's a long story." She sighed.

She then leaned back onto my chest, her warmth flooded my body. I haven't been with her for so long, I had missed the feeling of being near her. I missed the sweet smell of her tropical hair, and getting to hold her delicate hands.

"Oh baby," I sighed as I brushed a piece of her soft hair out of her eyes. "you can tell me anything." I gently planted a kiss on the top of her head but when she started to open up to me, my lips lingered and stayed there for awhile.

"Remember the story I told you about my dad and brother leaving my mom and me?" Elizabeth whispered it so quietly I could barely hear her.

"Yeah. I do baby." I replied.

"Today's the day that they left us." She was acting so calm about this but when I glanced at her face, I saw a few tears roll down her cheeks. "And at exactly 8:57 tonight, they would have died."

She buried her head into my chest and I just caressed her soft hair. "I'm so sorry Elizabeth." That was all I could think of saying. "I'll be with you until you ask me to leave. I just don't think you should sit here and dwell on that thought."

"I know I shouldn't." She slowly sighed which let her breath flow right onto my shirt. It smelled minty and fresh. She was perfect even when she didn't know it. "I just have nothing else to do."

"Well, then let's go downstairs and watch Once Upon A Time." I nicely stated.

"But you hate that show." She reminded me. I did hate that show. It was way to dramatic and it was kind of lame if you ask me.

"But you like it." I replied.

"You don't have to stay with m-" I then quickly cut her off in the middle of her sentence.

"But I want to stay."

"Ok." She said as she stood up from the bed. I got up with her and I took her hand in mine. As we walked down the stairs, Elizabeth's mom was in complete shock.

"How did you get her to come out of her room? She hasn't even left to eat. I had to bring everything up to her." Mrs. Smith asked me.

"I really have no idea." I chuckled as I sat down on the couch with Elizabeth cuddling up next to me. We just watched, and talked, and laughed. I was sure to not mention family or anything so I was able to keep her mind off of her dad and her brother.

Before I knew it, the time was 4:48 in the morning and the position Elizabeth and I were in had changed several times. We started off cuddling but now I was spooning her. Around midnight, Mrs. Smith informed us that she was going to bed and she didn't want us to get any ideas. Elizabeth grabbed the remote just now and turned off the T.V. and then changed her position so she was facing me. It was a medium sized couch but we were still very close.

"Hey." I said to Elizabeth.

"Hey." She smiled back. I then leaned my head down so the our foreheads were touching.

"Hey." I said once more to break the not-so-awkward-silence.

"James," she looked up into my eyes and I looked deeply back into hers. "Please don't kiss me. I want to take things slow."

"Oh." It took all my strength to pull my head back a little. "Ok then." My heart broke.

"Do you just wanna spend the night?" She asked me as she stood up from the couch.

"Um, ok." I said as I got up as well. "Where would I sleep?"

"You can sleep on the air mattress up in my room.

"Ok." I gleefully said as we both trotted up the stairs.

"Alrighty." She said as she pulled it out from underneath her bed. She then pulled off two pillows and a few blankets for me to use.

When she stood up from finish making my bed, she turned around and we were standing very close together. I couldn't help myself. I had to do this!

I slowly put my hands on her thin waist, pulling her closer to me. "I'm sorry." I said. But before she could reply, I pushed my lips onto hers, and kissed her with the force of a million waterfalls. Before I knew it, she had her arms wrapped around me and she was willingly kissing me back. I seductively bit her lip, claiming her as mind. Our tongues were dancing and I didn't want to stop making out with Elizabeth. What seemed like one hour latter, but was really only about three minutes latter, we both pulled apart, gasping for some air.

"We um, we should um," Elizabeth was searching for the right words but her brain wasn't working quite right.

"Right." I said. We both climbed into out separate beds but before I could drift off to sleep I heard Elizabeth's soft voice once more.

"James?" She said in her sexy voice.

"Yeah?"

"Why did you kiss me after I told you not to?" She shockingly asked me.

"You told me not to,but I knew you felt otherwise."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 32.6K 55
"Go, I don't want to make you hate me for what I did." he says softly as a tear of drop dipped from his eyes. "What are you talking about?" I approac...
99.7K 1.8K 37
"The fuck you are leaving me." He snapped and growled at his mate. She was calm as she was ever be regardless of his snapping. She sighed and turned...
446K 12.9K 34
Blaze White is the New Girl at the Prep school in her mothers old home town. But her only goal for senior year is to keep a low profile, no friends...
1.6M 47.4K 50
"Listen Astrid María Johnson, if you really want to get rid of me so bad, go out on a date with me. Just one. And if you didn't like it, then you wil...