Bon AppΓ©tit!

By JaXender

[GxG] Avery Carlisle is a spoiled rich college girl. She always gets what she wants and desires in her life... More

Chapter (1): Avery Carlisle
Chapter (2) I Want My Car
Chapter (3): Danni Scott
Chapter (4): Oh My Cook!
Chapter (5): Sexy As Hell
Chapter (6): The Shrew
Chapter (7): Uncle Josh
Chapter (8): Old Friends
Chapter (9): A Mouse In The House
Chapter (10): Hanging Out
Chapter (11): Flooding Danni
Chapter (12): Chloe Mitchell
Chapter (13): House Party
Chapter (14): Cleaning Up
Chapter (15): Danni & Chloe
Chapter (16): Videogames
Chapter (17): Benjamin Scott
Chapter (18): A Thanks
Chapter (19): Change Of Heart
Chapter (20): It's Going To Be Okay
Chapter (21): Friends
Chapter (22): Kiss Me
Chapter (23): In Her Sickness
Chapter (24): La Divorce
Chapter (25): Welcome Home Ben
Chapter (26): What Do You Think Robert?
Chapter (27): The Babysitting
Chapter (28): Teach Me
Chapter (29): Meeting The Friends
Chapter (30): Thunder & Lightning
Chapter (31): Double Jealousy
Chapter (32): The Spark
Chapter (33): The Rape Of The Amaryllis
Chapter (34): Outburst
Chapter (35): Healed Bruises
Chapter (36): The Hacker & The Stealthy
Chapter (37): Framing The Gray
Chapter (38): The 80,000$
Chapter (39): Carter Reed
Chapter (40): Hearing Loud & Clear
Chapter (41): Taming The Shrew
Chapter (42): Fervor Night
Chapter (43): The B-Word
Chapter (44): Sway With Me
Chapter (45): Ride To The Sunset
Chapter (46): Voltaic Emotions
Chapter (48): Secrets Disclosed
Chapter (49): Sweet As Sugar
Chapter (50): The Yellow Card
Chapter (51): Fresh Tears
Chapter (52): Breaking The Promise
Chapter (53): A Slap To Snap
Chapter (54): Till The Last Breath
Chapter (55): With A Ring I Vow To You

Chapter (47): Hidden Eyes

1.9K 87 6
By JaXender

The same night Avery was going to have dinner with her mom but it got postponed for an hour till the guest arrives and Avery had no idea who the guests were.

"Mom, come on! Tell me who is coming? Is it dad?"

"No"

"Carter?"

"No"

"Harper?"

She laughed lightly at her daughter. "That certainly rhymed but no. It's not Harper either. It's her son, Rick"

"Rick?"

"Yes. I invited him over to have dinner with us. Is that a problem?"

"No, it's just it never occurred to me that it was... Rick"

"Who did you expect?"

"I don't know... Carter maybe? He's your boyfriend so."

The doorbell rang and Meredith stood up smoothing her outfit and giving her daughter a smile.

"I guess our guest has arrived"

She went and opened the door for Rick and Avery heard their muffled voices getting louder as they walked towards the dining room where she was.

"Hi, Avery" he said as he beamed at her.

"Hey" She smiled and saw him holding flowers.

"This is for you Mrs. Carlisle. For the lovely invitation" said Rick, handing Meredith the bouquet and she gasped in amazement.

"Oh, thank you, dear. Why don't you have a seat while I go put these in the water?"

"Sure" He nodded with a smile.

Meredith left the room and Rick turned to Avery with a polite smile. She smiled back at him and motioned for him to come and sit.

"So... How are things?" he said.

"Things are good" she said sadly.

"You sure? You seem hesitant"

"Yeah" She sighed. "Everything is fine"

"Is it your boyfriend?"

She turned to him. "Something like that... We had this fight... we're good now but things are awkward between us so..." She looked down, fiddling with the table cloth between her fingers. "Did something like that happened to you before?"

"Of course"

"And what did you do?"

"I tried to talk to her but she refused and then we broke up"

"Jeez! Thanks for the boost!" She chuckled and hit him playfully.

"Seriously that's what happened but I think it was for the best"

"Why?"

"Because if we hadn't broken up at that time, I wouldn't be able to have those certain feelings for this special person"

"So, there is someone, huh" She smiled.

"You can say so" He held her gaze for 5 seconds until her mother came back.

"The dinner will be ready in 10 minutes" she said with a wide smile when she spotted Rick glancing at Avery.

Danni finished her masterpiece and went outside the kitchen to serve them the tasty food. She didn't know that the guest was Rick, so when she saw him looking at Avery and making her laugh, she felt insecure and her blood was boiling but she contained it.

"Bon Appetite!" said Danni giving them fake smile after placing down the last plate on the table.

Avery noticed Danni's facial expression and kept staring at her until Danni locked eyes with her. Avery gave her a reassuring smile to make her relax about the Rick thing, and when Danni left, she kept looking at the direction she took then turned back to the family.

"That cook is awesome!" said Rick in amazement. "Her food at the wedding was tasty that I almost got a belly fat" he said and Meredith laughed lightly.

"She is. She definitely has a talent. Oh! Did you know that she is Avery's friend too?"

"Really?" he asked with an arched eyebrow, turning to Avery.

"Uh, yeah. She is Steve's best friend and then I befriended her"

"That's cool! I mean you have a friend who can cook for you whenever you are hungry, sad, happy. I want that kind of friend or should I say a girlfriend" He looked at Avery with a smirk and Avery blushed slightly while grabbing the glass of water to take a sip, and Meredith noticed the situation, so she cleared her throat and smiled before she changed the topic.

*********************************

Danni changed her clothes and almost got out of the kitchen but she heard someone call her name. She looked around and couldn't find anyone then Avery turned her head around the corner and beckoned her to come.

"What?" asked Danni whispering.

"Just follow me" She pointed upstairs.

Danni pursed her lips in a thin line and followed Avery upstairs, making sure that no one was there. She entered Avery's room with her hands in her pockets.

"What?"

"Nothing. Just wanted to see you..." Avery stepped closer shyly. "You seemed off at dinner" She reached up with her hands and cupped Danni's cheeks, stroking them.

"... Just tired. You almost killed me, remember? I can't forget about how malicious you looked before switching on the light" She smirked.

"... Yeah" she said looking away biting her lip, still feeling guilty.

"Hey, it's okay. I'm alive and I already forgave you. I told you we're fine now" Danni tilted her chin up and gave her a soft kiss on the lips.

"But you are acting awkward towards me since I told you to come and sit with me"

"Ave, you know I want nothing more than to be with you under the same roof but..." She looked at her and decided to tell her the truth. Half the truth. Robert words kept ringing in her head. "Look, I just need some time to reconsider what happened between us but that doesn't mean that I'll break up with you or that I'll stop loving you"

"So, it wasn't really about Ben" She stepped away.

"That was half of the truth, Ben needs me today but the other half is what I just said. I just need time to think... alone"

"Mm-hmm. Okay" She gave her a small smile.

Danni circled her arms around Avery and kissed her forehead. Avery rested her head on her shoulder and closed her eyes when Danni caressed her auburn locks gently.

"I'm not regretting saying that I love you" she said softly and Avery smiled then pulled away.

"I know" She grabbed her face and kissed her passionately on the lips. They broke the kiss and Danni beamed at her and stroked her cheeks.

"I've to go but I'll see you tomorrow"

She winked while heading to the door and Avery blew her a kiss before Danni got out of the room.

****************************

The next morning, Avery woke up but didn't get out from the bed. She stared at the ceiling while sighing heavily and ran a hand through her hair. Her phone beeped beside her on the nightstand and she grabbed it enthusiastically thinking it was Danni but it was Rick instead so her smile dropped.

~You wanna hang out today with me?- Rick

She stared at the text for a minute and was hesitant to respond as she thought about Danni for a split second. She knew despite Danni's words yesterday there was awkwardness between them but the tingling feeling of the spark was still there, lingering between them. She looked at the text one more time and smiled.

~Sure. Name the time and place.- Avery

Meanwhile Danni was at the garage, working with Josh and cleaning a Mitsubishi car.

"So, I told her that I love her" said Danni, cleaning the windows.

"And?"

"She didn't say anything back but everything between us is good. I mean I'm a little bit disappointed but it's okay"

"Is it?" He looked at her.

"... Yeah?"

"Danni it's okay to admit that you are hurt a little bit"

"Okay, you are right" She put her hands on her hips. "To be honest with you it does hurt but I have to be patient because it's better if she says it when she really means it. I don't want her to say it because I said it first"

"Bravo" He clapped his hands. "Now, that's my nephew! You are growing up"

"Oh, please" She scoffed. "As long as I'm with her, everything is fine"

"Yeah. Just get back to work, lover girl" He threw a towel on her playfully.

"Okay, lover boy" She smirked and he laughed because she keeps teasing him about Julie.

*****************************

"So, what's your favorite genre in the movies?" asked Rick.

Rick and Avery went to a cafe and they were getting to know each other more, and Avery felt comfortable around him. He is funny and sweet to her and she liked that. She felt like she needed this, to hang out with someone new after everything with Danni, despite the fact that everything was still good between them.

"... You know, romance, comedy... Horror!" she said the latter with excitement.

"Really? Horror?" He chuckled. "I could've not guessed that"

"Why? Is it because I'm a girl?"

"Yeah, kind of"

She slapped his arm and he laughed. "You can't blame me! Most of the girls that I knew my whole life are scared of horror movies and it's my first time I hear a girl says that she likes horror"

"Not all girls are the same!"

"Yeah, I discovered that now"

Her phone beeped beside her and she checked the message from Danni.

~Wanna meet tonight? Like a date? Outside the house for a change?- Danni

She looked at the message and smiled but she was enjoying her company with Rick who was looking at her while she was reading the message.

"Your boyfriend that I've never met?" he asked and she turned her eyes on him.

"Um, yeah. How did you know?"

"From your smile" He smiled at her and she blushed. "How long have you been together? If that's okay with you to share this with me"

"It's fine. We've been together for like... I don't know really but long enough for... he- him to say that he loves me"

"I see and what about you?... do you love him?"

She looked at him and didn't smile but thought of the question and she shrugged.

"I do love him but I don't know if I'm in love"

She looked back at the text and replied back.

******************************

Danni was preparing dinner for Meredith only. She wanted to eat then head for work and Avery and Rick haven't returned yet. The message that Avery sent said that she can't go out today but she'll make it up to her later. Abigail took the plates and went to serve them to Meredith.

Danni decided to leave the kitchen and get some fresh air. As she was opening the door, she bumped into Chloe and her bag and books fell on the ground.

"Sorry" said Danni as she bent down to get them for her and started picking up the items. "Here you go" She handed them to her and Chloe nodded and glanced at her for a sec. "H-How are you?" she asked nervously.

"Fine. You?"

"Good. I mean I'm glad to see you again... you know... after what happened" Danni sighed softly and her smile grew a bit while standing up again. "I missed you, Chloe, I missed our friendship"

"... Same" She smiled at her as well. "Look, Danni... about what happened..."

"I'm sorry" she said before Chloe could continue. "I really am. I never ever meant to hurt you in that way or any other way..."

"I understand" She smiled genuinely. "That chapter is closed and I know what you did was to keep me safe from a broken heart... You didn't want to break it... Yes, I was upset that night and spent two weeks suffering from it but... when I thought about it, I know why you did it" She held her arm and looked her in the eyes. "Can we just start again as friends? Clean slate?"

Danni grinned. "I'd be honored"

Chloe threw her arms around her and hugged Danni while Danni stroked her back gently. Chloe pulled away and carried her belongings.

"Whoever this person that you are with now, is lucky"

"I'm lucky to have a friend like you, Chloe"

"I know... I'm a gift" They chuckled. "Well... I should go to Meredith but... Uh, I hope I'll see you again"

"Sure" She smiled before Chloe left the kitchen.

*****************************

Rick killed off the engine as he stopped in front of Avery's house. He glanced at her when she was staring down at her phone in the dark car, the phone was the only thing that's brightening her features.

"Thank you for today... I really needed to step out of the house for a while and thank you for listening to me and my rants"

"Sure, no problem" he said softly gazing at her eyes.

For some reason, he unbuckled his seat belt and moved towards her and she didn't flinch at first but when he came near her mouth, her eyes widened at the recognition and she placed a hand on his chest, pushed him away lightly and turned her face to the other side.

"Rick... no, I can't" she said.

He pulled back, furrowing his eyebrows. "Why not? You clearly aren't in love with your boyfriend. Isn't that what you said? What if I can make you happy? We clearly had a good time together"

"I know what I said but that doesn't mean that I would cheat on someone just because I'm not in love with them!" She stated.

"Alright... sorry, you are right" He sighed tiredly and stared at the steering wheel, clutching to it. "Forget I did that"

She looked at him one last time before leaving his car. Once she got out, he turned on the engine and took off.

Avery was walking towards the door but she caught a glimpse of Danni outside the house with her back leaned against the wall and her eyes were glued to the phone. She walked over to her and smiled when Danni didn't notice or hear her footsteps.

"Hey stranger" said Avery beaming at Danni.

"Oh, hey" She smiled. "Finally you came" She grabbed Avery hands and interlaced their fingers, pulling her closer to her lips but didn't touch them with her own. "I missed you today and I guess I miss you everyday"

"I missed you too" She gave her a peck on the lips "What are you doing outside here?"

"Well, your mom finished her dinner then took off and so are Abigail and Robert and I stayed here waiting for you"

"Aww, babe. That's cute"

"Yeah, yeah. I know" she said smugly and Avery rolled her eyes releasing a chuckle. "How was your day?"

Avery sighed. "It was fine until..." She stopped in her mid-sentence remembering Rick almost kissing her. "Until I saw you... now. You make my day better"

"Yeah, I know that too" She smirked and Avery pushed her against the wall and met her eyes then their lips met in a searing kiss that made them both smile with their lips intact.

Meanwhile, Rick was driving slowly and stopped in the middle road. His eyes met the rearview mirror and he saw Avery's jacket on the backseat of his car, so he revved the engine and moved in the other direction to return back the jacket.

He parked his car and got out, holding her jacket in his grasp. While he was walking, he spotted Avery kissing someone but he couldn't see his face, so he hid behind the bushes and crouched down. Avery broke the kiss with that person and to his surprise it was Danni, The Carlisle's cook. His eyes went wide like an owl and his jaw dropped from the unforeseen. He looked down at the ground, clenching his jaws and waited until they both entered the house hand in hand.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 62.7K 24
Lara-Jean. Quiet. Reserved. But most of all, in denial. Covey. Sleeve tattoos and a strong desire for her Princess. Two girls. One room. All Rights...
Chemistry By Teddy

Teen Fiction

5.9M 183K 44
The school knows Ezra as the mysterious badass who always speaks her mind, but the truth is that she is barely holding on. She is forced to work long...
223K 9.6K 22
Avery Jennings and Ryan Shaw are both leaving New York on Christmas morning to fly home to Seattle. By chance, they are seated in the same row and st...
87K 1.7K 39
This story is between two young ladies who found love and friendship with each other and explore their sexuality as their paths cross in the universi...