Return of the Thornwood Family

By Tempest09

Harry's title of Heir of the Potter family gets taken by by his brother because Harry is not the boy who live... More

Disclaimer
Prologue/Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
On Hiatus

Chapter 5

14.4K 353 110
By Tempest09

Hello Ladies and Germs. Bye the way, i was asked this, and no Ambrose is not Merlin. His family met Merlin, but he himself is not Merlin. That's a crap ton of Merlin's. Now, ON WITH THE SHOW! Here's Slappy! WRONG SHOW!

Harry woke up to a splitting headache. "How are you feeling Harry?" Remus asked.

"I feel like some hit me over the head with a frying pan. Repeatedly." He said bluntly.

"Oh my." Remus exclaimed.

What? What is it?" Harry asked.

"I was not ready for such changes. But they look good." Remus said quickly. "Here, I had them bring a mirror." He said. Harry looked over and was surprised at his reflection.

Harry's face, once more rounded was now slimmer, giving him a more aristocratic look. His hair, once brown and unruly, was now flat, and so black it almost looked blue. His eyes, once a lighter shade of green, now looked like the forest, but had a ring of silver. His body had recovered from the slight malnourished thing it was, and became a healthy, slightly taller than most seven year boys body. His teeth are what freaked him out the most. His top Incisor teeth had lengthened a bit, making them more pronounced, and had sharpened a bit as well, showing off his vampire ancestry.

"You look good Hadrian. You have the physical traits if our family, while having retained much of who you once were." Ambrose said as he floated over.

"Even the teeth?" Harry asked.

"Absolutely. Every Thornwood in our family has had those teeth since our vampiric grandmother." Ambrose stated. He leaned over to Remus and said, "Ladies like 'em too." Causing Remus to bark out a laugh.

"There are a few legal things we must take care of Hadrian." Ripclaw stated. "First we must give you the heir's ring." He said motioning to a goblin on the wall. The goblin handed Ripclaw a box before going back to its station. "Here is the Lord's ring and the heir's ring. Only touch the heir's ring." Ripclaw stressed.

"Why?" Harry asked.

"Because the old laws prohibit anyone under the age of fifteen from becoming a lord. Till then you must wear the heir ring." He said opening the box. Inside were two rings. Harry only looked at the one that Ripclaw was pointing too, not wanting to spoil it for when he becomes a lord. The ring was made from black onyx, and had a lone, pointed jade in the middle. After Harry put the ring on, he felt a surge of magic that proceeded to go away. "You have been found worthy to be heir to the Thornwood family." Ripclaw explained. "Now comes the rest of the politics. You must appoint both a proxy to your Wizengamot seat, and you must sign a contract for your magical guardian." Ripclaw said, handing him a contract.

"Can you be both Uncle Moony?" Harry asked.

"I wish I could Harry, my status as a werewolf-" Remus said.

"There is a way, and don't give me that I'm a werewolf crap." Ambrose interrupted. "According to the old ways, which according to Ripclaw the ministry still accepts, any family of at least ancient status can choose from anyone or anything to be their proxy and guardian." Ambrose explained.

"So can you be both Uncle Moony?" Harry asked again.

"Seems like I don't have much if a choice since I have to take care of you anyways," Remus said with a grin. "That is, if I can get the wolfs-bane potion every time there's a full moon." Remus said looking at Ripclaw.

"Actually, one of the books I have has the notes to create the lost potion. This one only requires your to drink it every four months." Ambrose stated.

"Where's that pen?" Remus said, causing Ambrose and Harry to laugh, and Ripclaw to smirk. "Wait, your family vault never said anything about books in it." Remus said once he had signed.

"That's because Ambrose had me move the copy of the library to another vault, in case the anyone outside the family ever got their hands on the family's regular vault." Ripclaw explained.

"Now that that is done, I suggest you go to the contractors to request your mansion to be built." Ripclaw said, handing Remus a trunk and Harry a briefcase. "In there you will find the blueprints for the manor that Ambrose designed, along with the books that he has picked for Hadrian to start learning. In Hadrian's briefcase there is a bag that allows him to pull out up to 5,000 galleons, he just needs to think about how much he needs. There is also a book on etiquette and the things you must know for being a Lord. The last thing is the wallet that works the same as the bag but for muggles." Ripclaw said. "Oh yes, do you mind if the goblin that helped you earlier is trained to be your future account manager?" Ripclaw asked.

"Sure go ahead, he seemed to take his job seriously." Harry said.

Ripclaw nodded before saying, "Mr. Lupin, heed my warning." After that he left.

"Now that we got that over with, let us go shopping. Oh Remus, I asked Ripclaw to give you a similar bag, but limited how much you can spend to 1,000," Ambrose said. "What did he mean heed his warning?" Harry asked as he got up from the bed. Remus sighed once again. "Your parents know that something has happened to you, and sent me a message to go to their manor. Ripclaw thinks that they will be after me for taking you." Remus said.

"What do we do?" Harry asked.

"I will go talk to them once I drop you off at the inn." Remus explained. The trio was almost to the inn when Harry stopped them. "What shop is that?" Harry asked. Remus and Ambrose saw only an alleyway.

"Harry, there's no shop there." Remus said.

"Yes there is." Harry said.

"You must still be recovering from your change. The only thing there is an alleyway Harry." Ambrose explained.

"I'll prove it!" Harry said before running up to the door and opening it.

"Harry come back!" Remus said, chasing after him, only to stop when Harry disappeared. "Did he just?"

"Yep."

"Where am I?" Harry asked as he entered the strange shop. All around him were several strange trinkets made from metal, wood, bone, and gems. The air was hot, and smelled of smoke.

"Ah, I was wondering when I would get a visitor. It's been so long." Said a voice from the back.

"Whose there?" Harry asked.

"I am," said an old man as he walked out of the backroom. The man had on a leather apron over a toga of all things, and held a hammer and a staff. He was bald on top, with short white hair around the back. He had a big bushy mustache and his left foot was twisted at an unnaturally angle.

"Who are you?" Harry asked.

"Who are you?" The man asked.

"I asked you first." Harry said.

"I asked you second." The man said with a face. He started to chuckle after seeing Harry's upset face. "You may call me Sidir. That's not my real name, but you can find out if you figure out what that is short for, and what language it is. Who might you be?" Sidir asked.

"I'm Hadrian Thornwood." Harry said. At this Sidir raised an eyebrow. "What is this shop, and why couldn't my relatives see it?" Harry asked. Sidir was silent for a moment, seemingly to be in thought.

"Your ghostly Grandpa cannot, because he is not alive. Your moonstruck uncle cannot, because he has lost most of his imagination. You are here, because of a different reason." Sidir said. "This shop, is dedicated to the creation of magical focci." Sidir stated, raising his hammer and waving it around the room. "These are my special instruments to find what is suited best for you." Sidir stated.

"What's a magical focci?" Harry asked.

"Oh to be a kid again. Magical focci are what enable wizards and witches to use their magic." Sidir said.

"So a wand." Harry said bluntly, causing Sidir to faceplant.

"No it is not a wand! And i was testing you to see how much you know." Sidir said angrily.

"Then what is it?" Harry asked.

"A magical focci, or focus, as they say now, is what is used by a wizard to enhance their magic, and allow them to shape it in certain ways. What a person like Ollivander will tell you, is what I originally told you." Sidir explained. "I can teach you more, but to do that you would need to be my apprentice, and you are too young to do that." Sidir said.

"But you told me so much cool stuff! I want to know more!" Harry said, causing Sidir to smile.

"Very well then, how about a deal?" Sidir said. "I make you a focci, and you become my apprentice in two years. After that, every summer, when not busy with heir duties, you will be here learning." Sidir stated.

"Okay!" Harry said excitedly.

"Uppupup. There's two more conditions." Sidir said raising two fingers.

"What are they?" Harry asked.

"You train your body, I suggest taking up a martial art, it will help you in multiple ways. The second is, you read this." He said handing Harry a book. "And when you come back in two years, I will test you on that book to see if you have what it takes to be my apprentice, and if you even want to." Sidir said. Harry looked at the book and saw it said: Focci around us.

"It's a deal Sidir! But I want to see how my focci is made." Harry said.

"I can accept that. It will give you a look at what you are getting yourself into." Sidir said. "Go to my trinkets, and touch them." He said. Harry went around and touch the trinkets. After he touch all of them, a device behind Sidir lit up with three lights. "Interesting." Sidir said as he stroked his mustache.

"What?" Harry asked nervously.

"You are able to have three focci, not counting lost or hand magic." Sidir said. "I will craft you only one. And seeing as though you will need it when you go to Hogwarts, I will craft you a wand." Sidir said, motioning for Harry to follow.

Sidir led Harry into a long hallway where three doors lay to his right. "We shall go through the last door Hadrian." Sidir said leading them. Once they entered Harry saw three tables, one with wood on it, one with jars on it, and one with gemstones on it. "Wave your hand over each of the woods. You will know which one you need." Sidir said taking a seat in a worn out arm chair. Harry waved his palm over many of the woods, feeling nothing from most of them. Occasionally he would feel something from a wood, but it didn't feel right. "Go over every wood, even if you find one that feels right." Sidir said.

Eventually Harry came about a lighter shade of brown. To him it felt, correct, for lack of better words. Taking it, Harry continued down the table until he felt another pull of his magic. This time it was a dark brown. After picking them he returned to Sidir. "Interesting. Now go to the jars and do the same." Sidir said. Following his instructions, Harry went to the next table, and felt each jar for the same pull. Pretty quickly Harry came across a very strong pull towards a jar that had a strange leaf inside. Pocketing the jar, Harry continued his quest until he hit the end of the table and the second to last jar called to him. This jar had some kind of liquid in it. After handing the jars to Sidir, Harry went to the Gemstones. He returned after picking up only one gemstone.

"You have quite the collection here Hadrian." Sidir said.

"Can you explain them all to me?" Harry asked.

"Why not?" He said to himself before picking up the woods. "These define the shape and design of your wand. Here we have Bamboo and Ancient oak. The Bamboo represents the ability to stretch in your life, to change with the wind, and not be knocked down. The Oak represents your inner strength, this oak was a thousand years old. You have a strong will that will hold in the greatest of battles." Sidir explained.

"Now we have the essence of your wand." He said holding up the jars. "Very interesting Hadrian. You have chosen the hair of a Treant. And the tears of a Aspidochelone, or the island turtle. The hair represents your affinity for grey magic, while the tear represents a trickster side of you and the amount of magic you posses. Finally, the gemstone. A smokey quarts. This represents what binds you together, and what binds your wand all together. The stone shows me you have a grounded mind, not being lost or confused, and how much of a mind you have. It also shows me you want to protect something, maybe your family, and your dreams. Finally, it shows me that you will have great strength of will, turning what you want from your magic into reality, but more importantly, your ability to turn your dreams into reality."

Harry was grasping to every word that Sidir spoke as he described each component of the wand. "That is all I can tell you. The rest you must learn in time. Now put these goggles on." Sidir said hand Harry a pair of what looked like dark swimming goggles. "You will need them to observe the crafting of your wand." Sidir explained as he grabbed the ingredients and ushered Harry out a door in the back. The next room explained why the store smelled like smoke.

The room was a large forge, mixed with a small workshop on the side. There were three bellows, two anvils, and a rack of tools. On the side was a large grindstone. The workshop had its own set of tools, along with a medium sized table. Connected to the table was a large, adjustable magnifying glass. "I will be working in the workshop." Sidir said, pulling up a stool for Harry. Sidir carefully unscrewed the jars and placed everything to the side.

He then put on a pair of leather gloves. Then he grabbed the jars. Carefully, and gently, he held the leaf, or hair as he said, and dipped it into tears, until the leaf had absorbed the tears. Next he grabbed the bamboo, and placed the hair in the middle of the block. As soon as he did that, he placed the oak on top, sandwiching the leaf in place. He then left the table and grab a small chisel and hammer and grabbed the smokey quartz. He slowly chipped the stone until it was cut perfectly, and grabbed the magnifying glass and placed the stone under it. He then began to carve three runes into the stone. When he was done, he dusted the stone off and placed it on top of the wood. He then grabbed a silver needle.

"Give me your hand." Sidir said. Harry complied and put his hand in Sidir's palm. The man then quickly poked Harry's finger with the needle, and turned it over so a drop of blood fell on the gem. "I need you to stay back now, and don"t try to touch anything." Sidir said seriously. Harry nodded. Sidir grabbed his staff with one hand, and the wood and gem with the other. Magic started to swirl around his hand as he began chanting. Harry tried to listen to what he was saying, but he couldn't make out the words. After about three minutes Sidir's chanting stopped, and the magic calmed down. "It is done. It is up to you now to master the wand. And remember everything I told you if you want to continue down this path." Sidir said as he lifted his hand and the block of oak.

Harry's eyes widened in surprise when he saw that the wand was carved out of the inside of the two woods. His wand was about eleven inches, and a bit flexible. It looked mainly the dark oak, but had leaves of Bamboo throughout its design. The gemstone had moved lower down onto the handle. "It's amazing," Harry said in awe.

"Thank you. That will be fifty galleons." Sidir said holding out his palm.

"I thought I was your apprentice?" Harry said.

"A man needs to get paid. And this is discounted because you might become my apprentice." He said with a smile.

"Fine. But I will become your apprentice, just you watch." Harry said as he pulled out the money.

"I will make sure I am here when that day comes. Now, your Grandfather is pissed because you've been gone for about an hour. I suggest telling him everything." Sidir said as he handed Harry an arm holster. "It's charmed to grow with you. Now go, or else he will be really mad." Sidir said. Harry thanked him before leaving the shop.

"I haven't felt this excited in years." Sidir said before his shop disappeared once again.

"Where have you been!?" Ambrose demanded.

"Hi Grandpa! You won't imagine what I just did." Harry said cheerfully. Ambrose sighed, he couldn't stay mad at the kid, at least, forever that is.

"Tell me on the way back to our room. Your Uncle went to deal with your ex-family." Ambrose said. Harry then proceeded to tell Ambrose about his experience in the forge.

I hope everyone likes it. I want Harry to become a magic focci crafter as one of his plans in life, and this is how i brought it around. Cudos if you know who Sidir is. Next chapter is Remus vs the potter's. I bid you all adieu.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

390K 8.1K 35
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
296K 16.9K 68
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
877K 40.6K 173
π’Šπ’ π’˜π’‰π’Šπ’„π’‰ the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one
256K 24.6K 60
Third book of idol love series... Devotion- "Strongest form of love" All the characters are fictional. There is no connection with the real place or...