Return of the Thornwood Family

Tempest09 tarafından

Harry's title of Heir of the Potter family gets taken by by his brother because Harry is not the boy who live... Daha Fazla

Disclaimer
Prologue/Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
On Hiatus

Chapter 4

14.4K 350 50
Tempest09 tarafından

Hello Ladies and Germs! I hope you are enjoying yourselves with this so far, if you do think something could be improved, send a review. Now, ON WITH THE SHOW! I see your Shwarts is as big as mine. WRONG SHOW!

Remus, Harry, and the book version of Ambrose made their way towards the goblin bank. "Ask... for rip...claw" Ambrose said weakly, without the help of the ink.

"Got it." Remus said as they entered the bank.

"Your first... lesson, be polite... to all races." Ambrose said a bit stronger. Harry nodded with determination.

"Harry, as you are the one this will affect, I want you to do the talking, unless it becomes financial then I will take over." Remus said as they approached a teller.

"Excuse me." Harry said. The goblin, who was currently counting gemstones, gave him no mind. Harry, saw as the goblin was almost done, and decided to wait. After a minute or two, the goblin wrote something down and poured the gemstones in a bag.

"Thank you for waiting wizards. What can Gringotts do for you?" The goblin said with resentment.

"I need to speak to a goblin named Ripclaw please." Harry said politely. The goblin merely raise its eyebrow at the display before hitting a button and another goblin came out a door behind them. The teller said something to the newcomer before turning back to the trio.

"Please have a seat while we ready Master Ripclaw." The goblin said before turning towards some papers on his desk. Remus and Harry waited for about ten minutes before the same goblin came and ushered them into an office. "Master Ripclaw is through here." The goblin said before turning around. "Thank you." Harry called before entering the room. The room was a nice mahogany finish with a silver rug and an oaken desk. The chairs too were oaken, but had a maroon cushion on them.

"What business does a child and a werewolf have that involves me?" An ancient goblin said as he entered the room from another door.

Harry simply put the grimoire on the table, causing the goblins extremely bushy eyebrows to rise a bit. "Aaah, so it has happened in my lifetime." He said before sliding the book towards himself. "Ambrose, I'm surprised you have found someone. Especially with me still being alive hehehe." The goblin laughed. "Now, where did I put that relic. Hm..." The goblin said aloud as he searched through his desk. "Aha." He said before pulling out a pyramid shaped object and placing it on the book. "He'chra c'stlu mota." The goblin spoke. The relic glowed for a moment before a mist seemed to draw itself into the peak of the pyramid and flowed into the book.

"What was that spell you did?" Remus asked.

"That was a spell to filter magic into a spirit. Now, Ambrose should be able to talk to us without have to whisper or write it out." Ripclaw explained before a spot in the air started to shimmer and a translucent figure appeared in front of them.

"Ah it feels good to stretch my body again." Ambrose said. The two not familiar with the man studied him.

He was an elderly man, probably in his late 150's, wearing an old silken robe. For pants he wore a pair of hakamas and had strange boots on. His hair was tied back in a pony tail and he wore spectacles over his eyes. in his his hand he held a staff. On his side he had a short sword.

"You look quite strange for what time period you were alive at." Remus said suspiciously.

"As I told you, the Thornwood family explores the unknown. I myself traveled to Japan in my younger days" Ambrose explained.

"Explains your weird pants." Harry said with a chuckle.

"Lets get back to business shall we?" Ripclaw said

"Lets," Ambrose remarked.

"As you have found your heir you are no longer bound to the book, but to the boy himself. That is, unless you'd like to go into a painting. But that can be arranged later. Now I assume Ambrose here has told you about his family and what happens when you join it?" Ripclaw asked.

"He has, and I would like to go through with the blood adoption." Harry said.

"Very well then. I will be back in just a moment." He said before disappearing behind the doors he entered. Five minutes later he came back holding a silver bowl, and a vial of blood.

"I was wondering how you were going to blood adopt him," Remus said with a laugh.

"Alright, I'm going to need three drops of your blood in this elixir." He said before pulling out an ornamental knife. Harry took the knife and pricked his finger, letting the blood drop into the bowl. Next Ripclaw uncorked the vial and carefully dropped seven drops of blood.

"Before you drink this, is there anything that you need to do as you are now?" Ripclaw asked as the elixir and blood swirled together.

"Oh yeah, can you transfer my account's money to the Thornwood's?" Harry asked.

"I can, just tell me who it is under." Ripclaw said, pulling out a contract from his desk.

"Hadrian James Potter." Harry said. Ripclaw snorted upon hearing these words.

"No wonder you want to change." He said before finalizing the contract and putting it in a tube that shot out of the office. "There, all the money in your trust vault has been contracted ordered to transferred. Now you must drink the potion young Hadrian." Ripclaw said sitting back down. Harry looked at the elixir and he did not like looked back at him. The potion was cloudy, and changed from silver to red every now and then.

"Well, bottoms up." Harry said as he tipped the bowl to his mouth. The potion tasted fowl, like goats milk, but Harry kept drinking until it was gone. "I'm glad that's over. So when's the-" Harry said before the world started to spin, and it felt like some one had jabbed a red hot poker into his heart, and ice cold needles into his head. He promptly passed out from the pain, as Remus rushed to his side.

"Whats happened to him?" Remus demanded.

"He will be fine, his body needs to change to fit himself." Ripclaw said.

"Your awful quiet about this." Remus said to Ambrose.

"I already knew this was going to happen. I had been briefed on it before my death." Ambrose explained. Just then a squad of goblins came in and grabbed Harry.

"Take Mr. Thornwood here to the infirmary." Ripclaw said. After the goblins took Harry away Ripclaw gave out a sigh. "I'm way to old for this." The goblin said as he took out a bottle of scotch.

"Have you considered, I don't know, retiring?" Ambrose asked.

"Of course I have. Had you not showed up I was going to start training an apprentice to take over before I die." Ripclaw said.

"Well, the goblin that we talked to in the lobby seemed nice. At least once we were polite to him." Remus chipped in.

"Hm Griphook has been looking for a way to get higher up for some time. I will discuss it with him if young Hadrian agrees." Ripclaw said.

"How long will Harry be changing?" Remus asked.

"At most, roughly a day. At the least, a few hours."

Meanwhile, in Potter manor. "Huuuuu." James inhaled. A pulse of magic had ripped through his body, causing his body to lock up, and him to fall to the floor with a loud thump. "James. What was that?" Lily yelled through the door. "James?" She yelled again. A few minutes later Lily burst through the door, wand raised looking for danger. "James!" Lily yelled upon looking at his locked up figure. She ran to the fireplace and grabbed some floo powder before yelling, "Dumbledore's office!"

"What can I do for you Lily?" Dumbledore asked.

"It's James! Something happened to him, bring Madame Pomfrey!" Lily said before rushing back to James. A few minutes later Dumbledore and Pomfrey rushed through the floo.

"Oh my." Pomfrey said before running to James and casting a diagnostics spell on the man.

"What's wrong with him Poppy?" Dumbledore asked.

"Besides hitting his head, it seems like something has affected his magic." Poppy said.

"I guess I better take over now." Dumbledore said. He cast his own diagnostics spell, and a blue light to shine around his ring. "It seems something affected his head of house ring, causing it to overload and shoot the extra magic into his body, causing him to lock up." Dumbledore theorized.

"Is there anything we can do?" Lily asked.

"Besides looking for the cause of such an event, I know of a spell, but it will leave him weak for a day or two." He said before doing an intricate wand movement and said. "Tergeo... daiochta." Slowly James body relaxed and he paled a bit as the magic that was in him was drained away.

"Uuuuh, what happened?" James asked as he came about.

"Stay still James, you've had a nasty fall, and have been drained of some of your magic." Poppy said. "You need to stay in bed the rest of the day, and drink this." She said, handing him a potion. James groaned. "You take it mister! Don't think i forgot about your time in my hospital." Poppy said threateningly. James sighed and downed the potion.

"llla, Nasty." He said.

"Can you think of anything that caused your ring to react like that?" Dumbledore asked.

"There's very few things that could have caused a surge like that. Even less considering I was standing at the time." James said, hand on his head. "There's only two things that could have done that. The ward stone being reset, or something happened to someone in the family." James said.

"The kids are at Hogwarts, in the middle of a lesson. And we are here. What could have happened?" Lily asked aloud. Suddenly all the color rushed from her face.

"What is it Lily?" Dumbledore asked. "Harry."

About an hour later.

"What do you mean he's not here!?" Lily demanded.

"I threw him out along with all his freakishness when his uncle came to get him a few days ago." Vernon said before slamming the door in her face. Lily broke down on the doorstep when she heard this. He's gone. He's not here. What have I done? Lily asked herself.

"There you are Lily!" James said as he apparated into the street.

"This is all your fault!" Lily yelled as she ran at James.

"Immobulus!" Dumbledore yelled, forgetting about the Statute of Secrecy. "Calm yourself Lily! Its neither your fault nor James's. If it's anyone's fault its mine." Dumbledore said before unfreezing her.

"But Remus and I could have fought more to keep Harry!" Lily said before her eyes widened. "Vernon said that Harry's Uncle came and got him a day or two ago!" Lily said. Everyone's face paled. ]

"Then we must get Remus and Sirius to meet us at your manor. James, when we get back, check your family tapestry to see if Harry is still alive." Dumbledore instructed before casting a patronus and sending it to the two.

Back with Harry and the crew...

"The healers said that it should be another hour or two. Apparently he was already pretty close to the original Thornwood's. The biggest change was his body becoming the normal weight for a child his age." Ripclaw said.

"So he'll be fine?" Remus asked.

"As fine as anyone who just had their old family abandon them." Ripclaw said.

"Ripclaw, what is the current status of the vault?" Ambrose asked. "I will grab a bank statement." Ripclaw said before leaving the room. Ten minutes later he returned holding a piece of paper.

"Alright, here we are." He said before placing the paper down.

Thornwood family vault

Current manager: Ripclaw

Galleons: 8,736,905

Sickles: 12,572

Knuts: 459

Vault also contains:

2 enchanted armor sets

various furniture

3 portraits - all bewitched

38 gemstones

various weapons non/enchanted

Deed to Land that Thornwood manor was originally built on

Various jewelry

Share holdings:

3% Daily prophet

12% Honeydukes

17% Flourish and Blotts

8% Xavier's Potions and things

5% Greengrass plantations

"Is that everything that didn't go out of business? Ambrose asked.

"Most of it is. Like you asked before your current state, keep things relatively close to what it was, unless we could get a deal. A few shares we sold, but other than that, this is all that's left." Ripclaw said.

"Well, there has been a lot of growth in how much currency the vault has." Ambrose said a hand stoking his chin.

"How much was there before you died?" Remus asked.

"Rough 3,000,000 galleons." Ambrose said.

"That is good." Remus said.

Just then a light flashed into the room and a voice called out. "Re-us. come to... Manor." The voice said.

"What was that?" Ambrose asked.

"Yes, do tell, that way I can have them stopped from breaking through the wards, and having them checked." Ripclaw said.

"That was a messenger patronus. Dumbledore came up with it, but likes to keep quite about it." Remus explained.

"They must have discovered that Harry is no longer a Potter." Ambrose said.

"Oh dear, I forgot about that." Ripclaw stated.

"What, what did you forget?" Remus asked.

"When a person leaves a family by their own will, the ring of the head of house will alert him in a most annoying way."

"Are you telling me that they know that Harry has left them!?" Remus asked in shock.

"Yes, but it will take them awhile to figure out what has happened." Ripclaw stated. The doors suddenly burst open and a goblin healer rushed in.

"The young heir has awaken." He said out of breath. Everyone got out of their seats before Ripclaw shared a last remark.

"Be careful Mr. Lupin, they probably think you did this."

Alright chapter 4 done, i hope you like it. Longest chapter yet too. I bid you all adieu.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

339K 14K 60
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛...
711K 9.1K 43
You're rafe Cameron's girlfriend. He's controlling, manipulative, and insanely jealous over you. (13/01/24) #1-Rafecameron (12/03/24) #1-Outerbanks ...
1M 17.3K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
263K 25.3K 61
Third book of idol love series... Devotion- "Strongest form of love" All the characters are fictional. There is no connection with the real place or...