Hermitcraft oneshots

By OhHeyItsVes

~This book contains shipping!~ Exactly as the title says! I try to be diverse in my writings by trying things... More

Request page + info (Temp. Closed)
Nighttime cuddles (Fluff)
The void (Angst)
Magic Crystals (General)
Loalade (Part 1)
Loalade (Part 2)
Jealousy (Angst)
Unbanned (Flangst)
Doc's fear (general)
Carnival rides (Fluff)
Proposal panic (Fluff)
Singles will be paired (Fluff)
Daily grind (Fluff)
Casual tag
Plot generator fun
Totally ice farming (General)
Scars (Flangst)
Bad boys (General)
New feelings (msmc)
Goodness training (General)
Deep breaths (General)
Etho Smells (Fluff)
Hug it better (Fluff)
Unfinished drafts
Blue Stains (Angst)
Lost at sea (Mermaid AU)
Stars (Angst)
"Halloween night" (Gen)
Accidental secrets (Gen)
Breakfast (Gen)
Midnight snack (Fluff)
Rainy day (Flangst)
unfinished holiday drafts
Potential (Fluff)
Sledding (Fluff)
Friend (Angst)
Closure for the people(Update)

Heartache (Fluff)

2.2K 41 36
By OhHeyItsVes

Mumskall! I'm soft for these two uwu

Delay on this one because I had it partially written two weeks ago but then lost interest in writing for a couple days. Then I came back to finish this out of pure self bullying and thought this would be nice as a songfic. Long story short it's not a songfic because I can't trust myself to stay on task :(

So I wrote a short little poem instead!

Also heads up so nobody is confused, I'm using they/them pronouns for Iskall.

Also also can we talk about the fact that this book is over 5k reads??? Uhm??? Literally thank you all so much I didn't think my stuff was that special lol.

Warnings:
-Iskall doubts themself a tiny bit

Let me know if I missed anything and I will add it!

Wordcount [~1.3k]

~3rd POV~

Iskall sat on top of their branch canopy, which was devoid of leafy green. Their feet swung carelessly towards the ground which seemed light-years away. The sturdy feel of the branch underneath them was all they needed to feel secure, although the view from so high up would always be nerve-wracking. 

Though, no matter how Omega their tree was, it felt both squished and completely at home surrounded by a mass of five other hermit mega builds. All the bases were drastically different. From Magical Villages and glass rainbow's reflecting their beautiful light everywhere, to Star Wars inspired fortresses for the emperor and Mansions made to boast more wealth than the builder actually had.

Then, of course there was Mumbo's base. Iskall couldn't quite pin what it was, but it was pleasing to look at nonetheless. The massive wrench like shapes now surrounded a rather impressive looking tower which the mustache man had-

What was that word he used? Iskall thought to themself. Ruinated? 

The green specks of vines growing out from every crack in the dull grey stone gave the build life. The tower looked like it had been holding itself together with bubblegum and Band-Aids, but in a way that overall bettered the structure. The pièce de résistance? The sparkling golden heart situated hung from chains in the center. Iskall had no idea its purpose, but they liked the look of it. Mumbo's building style and the way he had improved over the years had often made Iskall flush over the hard work.

You're getting distracted again.

Iskall tore their eyes away from Mumbo's base and stared back at the empty and crumbled paper they held in their hands. See, the Swede had been having some trouble expressing themself lately and they decided it was best to try and write down what they were feeling. Specifically they wanted to put into words some certain feelings they had about a certain mustached man. Maybe even a letter to confess what words would not allow them to speak.

But, Iskall had so far been sat on their Omega Tree branches for what they could count for over an hour. Shredded paper bits lined the spots around them and some had already started the long journey to the ground below.

Okay how about-

Dear Mumbo,

Iskall ripped the top half off the paper and crumpled it in their palms.

My dearest Mumbo Jumbo,

That's way too formal.

Another tear. At this point Iskall was starting to feel bad for deciding the best place to do this was on top of their tree. They tucked their legs in criss cross and leaned on their arms. For what had to be the thousandth time, Iskall found themself staring down at Mumbo's base from their vantage point. The redstoner himself flew proudly above and rested on one of his wrenches, furthest from Iskall.

Their heart fluttered.

Why couldn't they just put it into words? They way Mumbo made them feel. It was strange. Just looking at the redstoner made their stomach erupt with butterflies.

Then suddenly it struck them like being first out in a game of dodge ball. Iskall knew exactly what to write. They let a smile show on their lips and pulled out a fresh sheet of paper, scribbling obsessively. Iskall knew what they wanted to write for Mumbo, all they had to do was rhyme.

After a short while, rocket explosions approached in mass, making a loud ruckus as someone landed ungracefully in the branches of the tree, shaking the wood and yelping. Iskall looked up from their writing to lock eyes with a flustered Mumbo.

"Hey Iskall!" 

Iskall's heart exploded.

"What are you doing?" They laughed, brushing off the sudden bolt of happiness with an eyeroll. They tried their best to fold the paper and discreetly hide it from Mumbo.

Mumbo beamed, plopping down on the branch next to Iskall. He pointed dramatically at his base. "Look what I've done! Doesn't it look nice? I saw you up here watching me so I thought I'd get your opinion!"

Iskall pondered for a second, staring at the progress that had been made on Mumbo's base. "You finally did that terraforming? It's only been five months!"

"Heyy," Mumbo pouted. He eyed Iskall for a second. "What's with all this ripped paper?"

"Uh- nothing! Just writing some stuff down."

The two paused for a moment, Iskall fumbling with the now folded up note in their pocket.

Should I give it to him? Is now the time?

"I may not know everything," Mumbo started, idly picking up some of the less torn crumpled notes and starting to go over them. "But I'm pretty sure you-" 

"Hey dont-" Iskall started, but their words cut off as Mumbo started reading over the drafts and refusals Iskall had thrown out. 

Iskall just froze.

"Iskall- is this- er...are these for me?"

Oh no oh no oh no-

"Uhm...well not that one." They closed their eye, digging the rhyme out of their pocket and plopping it into Mumbo's hands. "It was supposed to be a surprise, but here." 

As Mumbo unfolded the note and started reading, Iskall clambered to their feet and started heading for the staircase down into their IBBB. They already knew Mumbo would never want to talk to them again, why stick around to hear it straight from him? Their mind raced and every short verse they had scribbled down echoed in their head perfectly.

Heartache makes for great distaste
Especially when your heart aches for a dumb spoon
I can't help but fly over the moon

He's taught me strange words 
Like bonkers
And turd

He's been such a pain
With his dumb Hermit Challenges game
But I can't help but stay
I can't get off this train

He's oblivious to my heartache
Would it be a mistake? If I told him would he break my heart?

I'm running out of rhymes for heart
Turtle farts

Could we be happy with one another? 
I want to ask and just discover
What we could be with each other

But this heartache leaves me unable to say
Under the covers I keep pulling away
I promise I'll ask another day
Is that day too soon?

Spoon, do you love me too?

"Iskall?" Mumbo caught up fast, his longer legs having the advantage over Iskall's short stature. "Iskall- wait-"

"Wait for what? It was just some dumb poem, it doesn't mean anything,"

Iskall stopped their walking as long arms wrapped themselves around their torso, turning them around as Mumbo enveloped them in a warm hug. 

"Iskall I- It's not just a dumb poem. It's fantastic. I love you too."

Iskall couldn't believe their ears. Did Mumbo really just say those words? That heartache they had felt for so long raced, melting their heart into goop and turning their frown into a smile like they had never smiled before. They returned the hug and rested their face in the crook of Mumbo's neck, breathing in his sweet scent. Like aged redstone dust and metal.

"I love you."

~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

192K 4.6K 200
oh look, a third book of Hermitcraft stuff :') ships, smut, fluff, angst, all that stuff will all be present here
4.4K 131 13
Whatever random things I think of. Taking requests! No lemon or lime (That's basically smut for the peeps who don't know). I won't do ships that the...
36.5K 676 23
Hi. This is a Hermitcraft book! I do some pretty terrible writing, and If you like it, I thank you. Occasionally I will post some AU ideas and that...
8.5K 371 33
This is a MCYT oneshot book. I just have too many ideas and inspiration that I am motivated to write about, but these ideas are too short to be expan...