Guardian Angel | Minsung

By j-onesunshine

Jisung is a depressed, insecure boy that needs help. Minho is his guardian angel, attempting to give the boy... More

prequel
I. Heaven
II. Reality
III. Earth
IV. Blooming
V. Chaos
VI. Second Thoughts
VII. Friendship
VIII. Crushing
IX. Developments
X. Fallen
XI. Together
XII. Clash
XIII. Follow
XIV. Bonus
XV. Last Resort
XVI. Fight
XVIII. Perform
XIV. Close
XX. Side Effects
XXI. Butterflies
XXII. Split
XXIII. Suspicions
XXIV. The Perfect Gifts
XXV. Fairy Lights
XXVI. Fireworks
Epilogue
Sequel/Spinoff

XVII. History

1.9K 116 43
By j-onesunshine

Minho's eyes grew wider as he watched Changbin. He didn't know why it surprised him that much, especially since he had thought the two were a couple when he first interacted with them. Maybe it was because he knew Changbin was straight. Maybe it was because he knew he was Jisung's soulmate and therefore he assumed Jisung hadn't liked anyone before him. Either way, he was surpised to hear what Changbin had just told him. The younger noticed, continueing to explain with a smirk on his lips.

"Let me give you the full story, alright? It isn't very juicy or anything. I just don't want to lie to you about this and if you two do end up together, I'm sure he'll tell you eventually. Better to know now than later, right?" Minho didn't really care too much about what Changbin had just said, but he nodded anyways.
"You see how the two of us act, right? You even thought we were a couple at first. This is how we have always been. Growing up, Jisung didn't have an easy childhood which you already know for the most part. I had a lot of luxuries and privileges especially in comparison, but Jisung had to work his ass off for the bare minimum. As his hyung, it made me more protective over him. It made me want to wrap him in a blanket and just keep him away from the nasty things he had to face. So when he eventually became depressed, I tried to show just how much I cared for him. I told him every day I loved him, that he ment the world to me. It wasn't lies, I just knew I had to constantly remind him." Changbin took a sip from his refilled glas before he continued. "We just got used to saying 'I love you' and all that, I think he started to feel more behind those words. When we were at the mall that evening, he confessed that he liked me."

"How long was that ago? J-Just curious."

"Three and a half years ago? Roughly? Anyway, he confessed that he liked me. I knew he was gay, but since we had been telling each other we loved each other for a few years at that point, I thought there was no romance behind it from his part. It was normal to me and when he told me, I felt like I had led him on. He said he knew I probably didn't mean it the way he did, but he started doubting those thoughts regardless. I turned him down, telling him I very much like pussy," Minho snorted loudly, almost choking on his drink as he started coughing.

"That is one way to say it." The older exclaimed after catching his breath, earning a loud laugh from Changbin.

"B-But it's true! Either way, he told me that is what he had thought and apologized for confessing. He told me he wanted nothing to change between us, but that he had just felt like if he didn't confess, it would bug him for the rest of his life. So, I apologized for making him confused and told him that I did love him, but that I could never love him romantically. So yeah, that's kind of it. We did kind of kiss though..."

"What?! What do you mean 'that's it' and then proceed to say you kissed?" Minho laughed a little, but more because he was confused rather than liking the idea of the two kissing. "Well, he asked me then if he could so he could officially let it go, and I just agreed? I don't know. It was just a peck, but he told me it was because he felt like that was the proper way to let it go. Who am I to tell him no?"

"A straight?!"

"True that. But yeah, it wasn't romantic for either of us, I think Jisung just wanted to let go of the frustrations of liking me for a long time, or something. Besides, sexuality is a spectrum, maybe I was somewhere in the middle and I just didn't know? I asked him around a year ago if he had gotten over it and he told me he had. I also asked him how long it took and he told me it took him around 7 months."
"Wow. I mean, it is quite impressive that your friendship stayed as strong as it did." Minho did believe that was true. It was easy for friendships to fall apart if one confessed their one sided love. "Well yes, in fact I think we grew even closer. I think it made us fully realise we could be completely open to one another without the other judging them. Of course we also grew closer because of his su—Uhh, anyways... I think it was good to tell you all of this. There isn't technically 'history' between us, but if you do become his boyfriend it's better to know up front rather than later? To not feel weird towards me suddenly? Haha!"

"I guess that's true. You know what, you told me something important between you two. Let me share something important between Jisung and I." Changbin raised his brows, interested in whatever Minho was about to tell him. He didn't know what to expect, maybe that the two had already kissed? But surely Jisung would have told him.
"I— hold on. I don't know how much I can actually tell you, let me just..." Minho put his finger up, non-verbally asking Changbin to wait for a moment. He closed his eyes and all Changbin could do was stare in confusion, to put it lightly. He had no clue what the older was doing... summoning a demon? Performing a ritual?

Meanwhile, Minho was asking the Gods if he could tell Changbin. Technically, it was only forbidden to tell the soulmate in question about being a Guardian Angel. Nowhere did it state in the rules that the Angel couldn't tell another human about it. The Gods seemed quiet for a moment, not really supposed to interfere with Minho and his earthly endeavors. Yet, this also didn't really apply to Minho's mission to save Jisung. So, the Gods granted him permission to tell Changbin. Of course, Changbin would then be forbidden from telling Jisung (or preferably anyone else), because that would also end up with Minho failing.

"Alright!" Minho opened his eyes again. Changbin moved his head back slightly, the older only now seeing how confused he looked. Minho let out a nervous giggle, not sure how the human would perceive his confession. "So, first and foremost. I would like to say that you cannot tell a single soul, especially not Jisung. Ever. If you do, I die and go to Hell. Literally." Changbin nodded, feeling like he was about to be on the next season of Pranked. "Second of all, I can prove what I am about to tell you, so please don't just disregard me straight away." Again, he only nodded, now completely losing the plot. This wasn't about a kiss, Changbin was sure of it.

"Alright... Changbin... I-I am Jisung's Guardian Angel." The two sat in complete silence, both just staring at one another. Minho was trying to get a reaction out of Changbin, whilst the younger was just trying not to laugh and disregard the older like he had asked him not to do.
"I know it sounds ridiculous. But trust me, I am. I came from 'Heaven' —I mean I was only there for like two weeks or something, but I came because Jisung is my soulmate. An Angel can go back to Earth if their soulmate is in danger, in whatever way that means. The love between soulmates is incredibly strong, so I took the risk."

"What risk?" Changbin asked, still going along with it. Minho better had some serious proof, or he was about to call him crazy.

"Well, if I fail or if he finds out I am his Guardian Angel, I get send straight to Hell for all eternity. Apparently it isn't a whole lot of fun down there, so I rather not. This is why you cannot tell him, because if you do not only do I disappear, but it probably means Jisung will die as well. Seeing I can't protect him and all."

"Aaalllriigghhtt... so... Can you show me that 'proof' you were talking about? Because you know it sounds kind of... insane, right?"

"Yup." Minho stood up and walked towards the window. He pulled away the curtains further, letting the light completely enter the room. "This is the only way I can show them, seeing I am technically a human right now."

Minho turned around and faced Changbin, the light flowing past his body. He closed his eyes and focussed hard, putting all his energy into it. Soon enough, the shape of two wings formed on either side of him, his body glowing as well. Changbin's mouth dropped open as he stared at his friend, not believing the sight he was seeing. Minho opened his eyes again as the wings of light dissapeared and his body had stopped glowing. He slowly walked back to the couch, sitting down a little further away from Changbin than before.

"Y-You believe me, right?"

"Uh-huh." Was all Changbin let out. He was absolutely shocked, rightfully so.

"Thank god. Okay, uhhm... So yeah. I literally love Jisung with all my heart, body and soul. There is a chance he falls for me as well, but he is unaware of all of this. Because of what I just mentioned, of course." Minho shuffled with his feet, finding them very entertaining suddenly.

"But that means you two will end up together though, right?"

"I mean, I am human right now. Even though I still can do some things humans can't, I'm not an actual Angel. He is unaware of me being his soulmate, so there is a chance if I mess up or he ends up moving away or whatever, that we may not end up together."

"Then what? Won't you have failed?" Minho shook his head, signaling that wasn't the case. "All I technically have to do is make sure he is alive and safe. If he dies of natural age, I just go back to 'Heaven' too." Minho used airquotations for 'Heaven', not really wanting Changbin to think it was exactly what the Bible stated.

"Wow... I can't believe Heaven and Hell are real. W-Wait, scratch that! You're here because Jisung is in danger?!"

"Well, more or less. He has issues with himself, right? I can feel when something's wrong with him. I had that feeling the first week I had transferred, on Friday? I had it the entire day, then it left for the majority of Saturday but it returned in the evening. I didn't know what it ment on Friday but figured it out a little after. I called him on Saturday and the feeling went away, so yeah..."

"Friday..." Changbin thought back, realising it was when Jisung had attempted to take his life. There was no way Minho could have known that. If the wings thing didn't convince him, Changbin sure was convinced now. It also ment Jisung had wanted to do it after he had left, a small frown appearing on his face. He really thought the boy had been okay when he had left his house on Saturday, now feeling slightly guilty he hadn't realised that wasn't the case.

"Well, I'm glad you risked going to Hell for Jisung. I promise I will not tell anyone about it, I'm sure not a soul would believe me anyways. Now that you said this though, I am pretty convinced Jisung likes you too. Not 100% sure though, but he seems to at least feel the soulmate connection. I can tell he is comfortable around you." Changbin let out a sigh of relief, finding out just how pure Minho's intentions and feelings towards Jisung were. He doubted he was a demon lying about being good, remembering the way Minho would look at Jisung like he was the only star in the night sky. Knowing angels existed sure changed his whole perspective on life, though.

Changbin ended up leaving shortly after their conversation, wanting to give Jisung a call as soon as possible to make up. He really wanted for them to be on good terms, feeling guilty for his words. He also did not want Jisung to do anything stupid.
So, as Changbin walked along the stairway to his floor, he pulled out his phone. It was a little over half past seven, meaning Jisung should have already arrived home from work. He quickly dialed his number and waited for a couple of seconds. Honestly, he wasn't sure if Jisung would pick up but he hoped the younger did regardless. His prayers seemed to have been heard, the ringing stopping.

"Hey hyung." He heard Jisung say. He felt a pang of guilt go through him, not hearing the nickname Jisung only ever called him by. He hated how cold 'hyung' sounded, coming from his best friend.

"Jisung, I want to apologize for saying the biggest asshole statement of the century. It wasn't in my place to call out your mental health like that and I promise I will never do it again. Truth is, I am afraid of you ending your life. It is just how it is and I don't want to lie about that. However, I have no right to hold that over your head in the way that I did. I know how hard you're trying and for me and to say that like you don't try at all was really fucking aweful of me. I'm so sorry Ji, I love you so so much and I just want to help you. I'm sorry I act like a parent sometimes but I feel like if I don't do it, no one will. I'm so sorry, p-please forgive me. I should trust you, I know you're not a child anymore. I'm really sorry." Changbin hadn't planned on what to say, but when he started talking he just couldn't stop. All his thoughts that had clouded his mind were coming out now, needing to let Jisung know his true feelings. He heard silence for a moment, until he heard a quiet sniffle.

"D-Don't make me cry stupid, I'm in public you prick." He heard Jisung say, but he knew he didn't mean it in a mean way. Changbin let out a slight chuckle before apologizing.

"I-I'm sorry. But I thought you'd already be home by now?"

"Well, I had to run an errand. And Changbin... I apologize too. Truth is, I did run three errands for Jackson." Changbin's heart dropped upon hearing that. He felt slightlt dissapointed, but he knew better than to just start getting angry. He realised that if Jisung had gone to Jackson for errands, something really had to have been up. "Why?" Was all he said, trying his best not to sound dissapointed.
"My dad's rehabilitation thing cost a lot of upfront money and I have to pay rent before the day after tomorrow. I needed around 400$, but then I'd have no money for food. I initially asked to work full days this week, but I couldn't. I even tried to do a night of rapping or singing on the streets, but I got an anxiety attack right before I was about to head out. S-So I went to Jackson hyung. You know he liked me, so he has a soft spot for me. I explained my situation and he told me I could do three deliveries and he'd pay me $1000 by tomorrow. I couldn't say no, Binnie." Changbin's face fell, feeling sadness wash over him.

"Why didn't you just tell me? I could've helped you out, or you could've eaten at my place." He asked, voice soft and laced with sadness.

"I don't want to bother you with everything, hyungie. You do so much for me, I don't want you to have to do more. Besides, you know I hate having debt with anyone. Don't worry, Jackson knows it was only a one time thing, he won't ask me again after this. And it's enough to cover this months rent and with my salary, it will cover next month too."

"Alright then. I understand. Just promise me next time you come to me. You know that I only want to keep you away from Jackson because of the people he hangs out with. I don't want anyone to lay a finger on you, alright?"

"Y-Yes, I know. Binnie, thanks for calling me. I felt aweful as soon as I walked away."

"Tell me about it, I felt like I had backstabbed you, but then from the front. You're okay, right?"

"Yeah, I-I am. Thank you for your apology, I'm sorry too. I'm actually nearing my house right now. I'll see you tomorrow, okay? Maybe text you later, too?"

"Yeah, for sure. Talk to you later, love you."

"Love you too."

The call ended, Changbin letting himself fall onto his bed. He let out a sigh of relief, glad to have talked it out. He was upset his suspisions had been right, but at least Jisung had been honest about it. Even though the confrontation between the two had made him feel aweful and scared, he felt like it was something that would have eventually happened and he was relieved they fixed it not even 6 hours later.

He closed his eyes hoping to fall asleep, only for that hope to be crushed as he felt his empty stomach growl, begging for some food.

———————————————————————————

A little more of Changbin's POV, as well as Minho's .
^^ I hope you liked this chapter, I think it turned out pretty good.

And I couldn't keep the boys mad at each other, we all know that a). They love each other too much and b). If I hadn't done this, Jisung would've probably lost it.

ALSO BINNIE KNOWS MINHO IS AN ANGEL WEE WOO WEE WOOO

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.9K 1.5K 26
[contains cursing, selfharm and suicide attempts] Jisung is a depressive college boy, who tries to live a quiet life. But everything changes right...
499K 24.7K 42
Minho and Jisung are childhood best friends. They're inseparable. Until Jisung started acting strange, suddenly trying to distance himself from Minho...
177K 9.4K 18
Where Lee Minho is the school's new kid and befriends Han Jisung, the bullied kid. [COMPLETED]
155K 8.6K 20
❝hey changbin. is that a cell phone in your back pocket? 'cause your ass is calling m--❞ ❝shut up, felix.❞ ♡ Felix, the new student at school, finds...