𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐂𝐘 | 𝟏𝟖+

By __julieee

In which an eighteen-year-old succumbs to an older man . . . "I can't resist him, even though I tried. Call m... More

A/N
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 2

259K 6.9K 16.4K
By __julieee

A T H E N A

"She's a good girl. She's such a good girl. She feels so good"

. . .

It's two days later, and I don't know why Vincenzo is still lingering in my mind. His accent, his velvety voice, his dark eyes and those full lips. Oh, those lips are burned in my mind. Everything about him is still so fresh in my mind.

I can even smell his cologne. He even appeared in one of my dreams. I still remember how his rough hands skimmed over my body, how his fingertips traced my skin.

But this is wrong. So wrong. I have to forget him, learn that he's out of my league and that he has thousands of women that are willing to die for his touch. Women that can give him what he wants, not some eighteen-year-old girl who knows nothing about sex.

That's why I called Chris, to hang out today. I have to get Mr. Amoretto out of my head, and Chris is the only one who can do that. The doorbell brings me out of my thoughts. That must be Chris.

Giving myself a once over in the mirror, I nod in approval before I head downstairs. I put my shoes on and open the door. Two blue eyes meet mine, and without realizing a big smile forms on my lips.

Chris looks up, and his famous, shy smile spreads across his lips.

"Athena," he greets and steps in my direction. "Hi!" I exclaim and wrap my arms around his neck before hugging him. He chuckles and hugs me back.

"I missed you," I mumble in his white shirt. The smell of apples hits my nose, and I inhale deeply the familiar smell. "We saw each other last week," he chuckles. I shrug. "That's too long," I say and look up. He leans down and pecks my lips quickly. "Shall we go?" he asks and raises his eyebrows.

I nod and unwrap my arms before I go back inside to get my jacket.

"Mom! Dad! I'm gone," I yell. "Bye, sweetie! Don't be gone for too long!" mom yells back.

"I won't!"

And then I close the door behind me.

Together we walk off the porch of my parents, and starts heading to the center of the city, which isn't too far away.

"So," Chris says casually and wraps an arm around my shoulders. "How is my favorite girl doing?" he asks and winks to me. I roll my eyes. "I'm doing fine, how are you?" I ask him. "Fine, still training. Dad is never satisfied," he says with a roll of his eyes. I frown.

"But the summer vacation just begun. The try-outs are in like, two months or something," I say. He nods. "You think I don't know that? Dad knows it all too well, but I have to keep practicing until it's perfect," he sighs frustrated.

"I think you should tell your dad that you don't want to play anymore. Tell him the truth, that you like playing the guitar," I say to him, but he only shakes his head. "No, he'll freak out when he finds out that I love playing guitar," he says and rakes a hand through his blond hair. "But..."

"I said no, Athena," he says angrily. That shuts me up. I know he doesn't like to talk about it, and I think he should tell his dad but he never listens.

We arrive at my favorite coffee shop and enter. "You go and pick out a seat, I'll get the drinks," Chris says and pecks my cheek. "I want a..."

"Latte caramel, with an extra shot of milk and no sugar," he sighs and already walks up to order. Laughing, I go and pick a seat by the window.

When I'm seated I grab my phone and see that I have a message from Lucy.

It's been a while since the last time she has send me a message, it was actually the day when I went to Mr. Amoretto's house.

Lucy; Hello, my dear best friend.

Athena; Where were you? It's like you disappeared form the Earth.

Lucy; I was... with a friend ;)

Athena; Do I know this friend?

Lucy; No, you don't. How was dinner?

Athena; Do NOT change the subject. Who were you with?

Lucy; Just a guy that I met at the bar. We spend some time together, that's it.

Athena; Alright. Dinner went well.

Lucy; Tell me, is that friend of your dad hot?

I roll my eyes at her message. Of course. What do I say? I don't want to tell her that he's hot. Really hot. And I have no clue why.

Athena; Nothing special.

Lucy; No? That's a bummer.

"Athena?"

Oh God. That voice. I clench my thighs together and look up, to find Mr. Amoretto's dark eyes looking down at me. "H-hi," I stutter.

Can't you act normal, for once?

"I knew it was you. What are you doing here, all by yourself?" he asks and raises a brow. I swallow, trying to find my voice.

His voice sends shivers down my spine. "I uh... I'm waiting for my boyfriend," I say, with my throat dry. He clenches his jaw, and I would be lying if I'd say that that wasn't one of the hottest things I've ever seen.

"Alright, then. I was just stopping by for a coffee and saw you sitting here, all alone," he says and rakes a hand through his dark hair. I nod, fiddling with my hands in my lap. The corner of his mouth twitches up, and he puts a hand on the back of my seat and leans down. His manly cologne hits my nose, and I catch myself inhaling it and enjoying the smell.

"Tell your parents I said hi, yes? Will you, bella?" he asks and cocks his head to the side, tilting one eyebrow. I swallow and nod, not able to muster a word.

He licks his lips. "Good girl," he whispers and strokes my cheek. I gasp at the touch, and goosebumps rise on my skin.

I find myself leaning in his touch, but we're getting interrupted.

"Avete ancora?" a man asks behind Mr. Amoretto. I jolt up, moving away from him. Mr. Amoretto straightens up and turns to the man behind him.

"Vengo direttamente,' he responds. Why is he so hot when he speaks his mother language? The man nods and turns away. He turns back to me and winks. "I'll see you around, Athena," he says and turns away, walking out of the shop with the man that called him besides him. Right after he left Chris comes walking to me, with two cups of coffee in his hands. He takes a seat in front of me and sets my cup in front of me.

"Who was that guy that was talking to you?" Chris asks and takes a sip from his coffee. He doesn't asks this in a possessive manner, just curious. That's what I love about him. He trusts me enough to talk to other men, he's not jealous nor possessive.

"That was dad's old friend. He just came by to say hi," I say and take a sip from my latte. Chris nods and smiles at me, that same smile that I fell in love with.

Because he's the one for you. You have to set Vincenzo Amoretto out of your head.

Easier said than done.

° ° °

A week later my dad receives a call, containing that Vincenzo Amoretto offers him a job at his office, asking him if he wants to be his personal assistant.

"What?" mom screams and jumps up and down. "Did he...?" I mutter out in disbelief. "Yes!" dad exclaims happily.

"Do you know how good paying that job is?" mom asks excited. Dad nods with wide eyes. "I know! I start next week!" he says with the biggest smile I've ever seen. "That's such great news!" mom says happy and gives dad a kiss on his mouth.

"That's really good news," I say with a smile. Dad turns to me with so much happiness, that I can't help but smile genuinely.

"We have to celebrate this!" mom says with a big smile, raising her eyebrows questioningly at us. Dad and I look at each other and shrug.

"Sure! Why not?"

So that's how I find myself two days later in the middle of the living room, with people surrounding me. I smile politely at everyone, greet the people who pass and go around asking everyone if everything's fine and if they need something.

Chris couldn't come today, much to my dismay and Lucy canceled because she had to do 'something'. I'm sure she's hooking up with some other guy, who's may more important than her best friend. I roll my eyes at the thought.

It's when I walk to the kitchen to get myself something to drink when I feel the air shift around me. The air becomes thicker, electricity sparks around and I feel all the hairs on my skin rise. I turn around, and see Mr. Amoretto enter the living room, chatting with my dad. A tiny laugh graces his lips, and I feel like I'm going to melt down any moment.

When he briefly glances up his dark eyes meet mine, but I can't bring myself to look away. He winks at me and looks back at my dad. My breath hitches in my throat and I quickly turn around with red cheeks, and I continue my way to the kitchen. After I got myself a glass of water I go to the living room and take a seat on the couch, and look around.

Mr. Amoretto disappeared with my dad, and everyone here is chatting with each other. No one here is from my age, everyone is thirty or older, and I'm dying from boredom.

I want to read.

Why not? This is my house after all, and I can do whatever I want. I stand up, set my glass in the sink and head upstairs, to my room where I can finally take those horrible heels off. Right when I'm about to open the door to enter my room, I hear something.

"Good evening, tesoro."

I turn around and find Mr. Amoretto standing closely behind me. I swallow and look up to him. "Hello Mr. Amoretto," I whisper. He chuckles.

"Please, amore mio, call me Vincenzo," he says and puts a hand on my lower back. His touch burns through my clothes and I find myself liking his touch.

I clear my throat. "Alright, Vincenzo."

He smirks, and oh God, if he keeps smirking I will be a panting mess on the ground. My eyes trail down to his lips, but they flicker back up and look him in the eyes.

"I just came back from your dads' study and saw you walking to your room. Why are you leaving so early?" he asks and cocks his head to the side.

Inhale.

Exhale.

Good job, Athena.

"I eh... I was bored and wanted to read a book," I answer sheepishly. His smirk widens.

Don't stare at his mouth. It'll freak him out.

"Where's your boyfriend? I thought he would be good company, no?" he says with a little frown. "He couldn't come tonight. He had football practice," I explain, and lean into his touch, not wanting his hand to leave my skin.

His hand moves down, to my hip where his thumb starts drawing circles.

Don't let this affect you, Athena.

"I see. Well that's a shame. I would never skip a chance to spend my evening with a beautiful girl like you," he says and looks down at me. Did he just compliment me? I blush and look down to my feet, not knowing what to say.

"He was just busy, it happens all the time," I defend my boyfriend, but fail in trying to sound confident. He laughs softly. "I believe you. I have to get back now, they're probably wondering where I am," he says and steps away from me, leaving me cold. I shiver and nod. "Yeah, you should," I say and look up to him.

He licks his lips before he turns away and strides down the hall.

Snap out of it.

I force myself to turn around and enter my room. Once I'm in my room I let my head rest against the door, and I inhale deeply.

Why does he have this effect on me?

I slip off my heels and put them in my closet. Taking off my clothes I put on my pajamas and take my book, taking my place at the window and start reading.

. . .

Lol sorry for the spam

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.7M 1.1M 68
Deadly assassins Allegra and Ace have been trying in vain to kill each other for years. With a mutual enemy threatening their mafias, they find thems...